The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 12

5 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 12 Empty Press Conference Week 12

Post by TwisT Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:47 pm

Bit different this week. Instead of a group of questions it is just one......

Looking at current teams, put them in their final league position if we were having results decided the traditional voting way.

Please give reasons for each team (naming pros and cons) why you feel they would finish where you have placed them.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 12 Empty Re: Press Conference Week 12

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm

1. Adelaids
-They have some experienced players in their starting 11 but also have some good youngsters. They have a lot of pace and power in their team but they are lacking a decent backup striker for Auba.

2. Phoenix
-Another good team filled with pacy players, their lack of quality wingers let's them down tho. Have a decent youth setup tho.

3. Victory
-This team has the best defence in the league imo just lacking a bit of spark on the wings same as Phoenix.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:51 pm

I'm literally starting Son and Mertens on the wings as first choice Laugh , there's not many better pairs in the league

But thanks for the rating Hug

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:01 pm

You got Mertens down as a striker so didn't think you'd play him as a winger. I saw Gervinho, Taison and Rigoni as one of your wingers and none of them would be rated if it were a voting league.

Anyways I'll see if I have the willpower to do the rest of the teams!
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:03 pm

Yeah those 3 are just bench fodder to be honest

Son - Aguero - Mertens is my front 3 with Aspas the primary cover in any of the spots

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:04 pm

1. Victory - Solid team and has Afro at the helm, felt sometimes the Afro factor can swing a game in voting leagues. That expectation that he'll win often can paradoxically result in it happening.
2. Phoenix - Great team and Bam has always been a very solid tactical manager, Kante is fapped over in voting leagues too
3. Adelaide - I can sometimes have the opposite to the Afro effect, an ABH vote (anyone but Hero). Pogba in a voting league is suicidal and unlike in this league where I can stick Bale upfront when Aubameyang is injured I couldn't do that in a voting league.
4. Sydney - Striker wise it'd let Nando down but he'd not ship many goals, Ozil would also split votes
5. Perth - Balotelli wouldn't be half the player he is on FIFA and would have to be shipped, Suarez too would get downvoted by Nadz and Utd fans.
6. Newcastle - Strong 1st team but the downgrades with injuries each week would have people voting against him.
7. Central Coast - Nice blend of experience and youth, midfield wise he'd get overrun by the bigger clubs in voting.
8. Western Sydney - Salah would be a RVP x2, midfield and defense would take a punishing in votes
9. Melbourne City - Lingard. Testament to Twist though to play the league as side wise it's neither hip nor traditionally strong.
10. Brisbane - Just not stepped on since the 1st season and there's a gulf in class on several players now.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:39 pm

Not worth the £500k

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:25 pm

1. Victory

On paper the best team in the league, and for some reason its just not clicking for them. Afro is undoubtedly a strong manager, but a team with Ramos and Chiellini in defence and Higuain/Eriksen in attack would be very tough to beat

2. Adelaide

Pace abuse always goes down a treat, and the midfield with Nainggolan and Pogba looks so strong. Everyone would attack down the wings, but the strength in depth in attacking midfield / wings would beat most

3. Newcastle

This sounds outlandish, but think of what happens in voting leagues - Its a selection of Real Madrid with Griezmann added to it. Ridiculous midfield, Lenglet and Skinlar are the hipsters choice of defenders this season, I reckon the Jets would be right up there

4. Wellington

I think 4th/5th/6th is where I would probably end up. I have strong players, but think I would get hammered for rolling out ageing full backs and a lack of creativity in midfield, despite how good the front 3 would be

5. Perth

Suarez factor is huge, but think Marky would get hammered for a Kompany/Mascherano defence and the likes of Bernard, Telles and Balotelli would be nowhere near as effective

6. Sydney

Strong side throughout, but no real threat up front would cost them in a voting league. Everywhere else is very solid, would see a lot of draws if that was an option. In reality, 4/5/6 could be in any order

7. Melbourne City

Twist's side has some strong players for votes, the likes of Inigo, Torreira, Firmino etc would be well rated, but think some of his key players like Keita Balde and Lukaku would get slaughtered in votes

8. Central Coast

Tough one to place above any of the others, but there is a sprinkling of real quality in Umtiti, Thiago and Vertonghen. The problem would be that Ribery/Coman etc would be barely rated and Batshuayi isn't the best striker

9. WS Wanderers

Salah nearly put them above CCM but despite his obvious vote winning skills, the rest of the side isn't going to win votes. The likes of De Rossi, Banega and Vardy just wouldn't be highly rated in a hipster league

10. Brisbane

Stood still, and other than a few they just don't have the quality

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down