The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bellew v fury....will it happen?

+5
3fingers
milkyboy
bhb001
Nathaniel Jacobs
TheSquaredCircle
9 posters

Go down

Bellew v fury....will it happen? Empty Bellew v fury....will it happen?

Post by TheSquaredCircle Wed 29 Nov 2017, 8:39 pm

According to edders this is going to happen in 2018. Is he riling haye up or does he actually want this fight to happen?

I actually think this could be competitive. Not massively sold on fury’s abilities and I think he won in Germany vs klitschko due to his tonic-clonic seizure activity leaving wlad thinking WTAF!

So who wins this?

TheSquaredCircle

Back to top Go down

Bellew v fury....will it happen? Empty Re: Bellew v fury....will it happen?

Post by Nathaniel Jacobs Wed 29 Nov 2017, 10:51 pm

Fury embarrasses Bellew. Bellew has no real talent. He was gifted a belt at crusierweight, and got scared to fight his mandatory(Briedis). Totally lucked out against Haye. Fury is the legitimate world heavyweight champion for a real. Skills to pay the bills. Bellew gets his head detached from his shoulders.

Nathaniel Jacobs

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:02 am

Fury is serious about this now weighing only 24 stone. Rolling Eyes So the toughest return fight he can imagine is taking on a light heavy weight. Whistle He just wants a few headlines and still pandering for attention.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 30 Nov 2017, 10:26 am

Fury wants to be himself not some pantomime act... sadly i think being a pantomime act is himself.

He’s a strange guy with a bunch of issues, but a better fighter than most would like to give him credit for. I hope he gets his head sorted or as close to sorted as possible and if that means getting back in the ring then so be it.

I think he’s better suited to making life difficult for big lumps, than he is against more mobile opposition... eg Cunningham... it’s not like he uses his size and weight to bully people but if he can’t beat bellew then he’s better off retired.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 30 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm

I hope so. Both decent normal blokes trying to make a living in the hardest way possible. They're going nowhere at this stage in their careers and deserve a decent payday for retirement and the family.

Let's be honest, he build-up would be car crash - fantastic TV.

Also I find the size difference and Furys inactivity/ physique intriguing.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Baby faced assassin Fri 01 Dec 2017, 10:36 am

Fury beats Bellew

I mean obviously there will be a lot of question marks because even if he does shed 3/4 stone he will still be overweight and that is a lot of weight hes recently cut

But he is just better than Bellew

Bellew is too small, he exceeded my expectations against Haye but he still took 11 round to Ko a guy who could barely stand and he looked gassed

For all of Furys negatives (hes never really learnt how to protect his chin) he's got quick hands and a good engine....but most importantly he knows how to use his size both in defence and to tire out opponents
Baby faced assassin
Baby faced assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by LivinginItaly Fri 01 Dec 2017, 11:25 am

Fury should win quite easily if he is able to get anywhere near right in terms of shape and mind. I think he would see it as an easy fight onntje comeback trail, albeit one where he can also make a lot of money.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Fri 01 Dec 2017, 1:39 pm

[quote="TheSquaredCircle"]According to edders this is going to happen in 2018. Is he riling haye up or does he actually want this fight to happen?

I actually think this could be competitive. Not massively sold on fury’s abilities and I think he won in Germany vs klitschko due to his tonic-clonic seizure activity leaving wlad thinking WTAF!

So who wins this?

[quote]
I too am not sold on Fury's abilities, I can't think of a single other fighter whose reputation rests so squarely on a single performance. Yes there was a lot to admire in his performance against Wlad, but it's easier to look good against an opponent that stands off and barely throws a punch back. Up until that fight his record was OK, but nothing to get too excited about, and technically he makes a lot of mistakes- he come too square, and as his left is held low that exposes his chin, it also means that he doesn't generate as much power in punches- he a man his size he's a relatively poor puncher, a lot of them are arm shots. I'd give Bellew a reasonable high chance of seeing out 12 rounds and against him, and being pretty competitive.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 01 Dec 2017, 9:25 pm

Untill more recently, I was never sold on Furys skill. However, i came to realise he squeezed everything from the attributes he had. The way he dealt with Chisora in the rematch was fantastic. Flawless.

Like mayweather, Fury is not a huge puncher but holds enough pop to make (some) opponents think twice about committing.

Yes, Klit vs Fury was far from memorable but Fury deserves credit for the win. He uses his size, movement and unpredictability to great advantage.

Psychological warfare is a skill in itself, winning the fight outside the ring made it easier for him on the night.

He wouldn't need psychological warfare to beat belle, his size would be enough. However, if Cunningham can drop him, Bellew has a chance to at least hurt him.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 02 Dec 2017, 11:03 am

I have to disagree 3 fingers- I think he could get more out of his attributes- if he din't come so square on half the time , he could prove his punching technique and make even more advantage of his height and reach, he all too often paws with his jab and throws it from too low for my liking, I could go on.
I agree that he fought a good fight against Chisora...but it was only Chisora, and a strangely reserved one at that. It may prove t be that he has got the measure of the likes of Wilder and Joshua, but to make that assumption off the back of the Klitschko fight is a pretty big one in my eyes- and lets remember before that fight the vast majority of us thought that he was going to get a hiding. I will reserve my judgement until I've seen some more- at present I think it's just as likely the Klitschko fight will prove to be his Buster Douglas moment as it is to be the first of a series of big wins that prove he sits at the top of the tree.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 02 Dec 2017, 7:37 pm

I should have been more explicit, instead I'll rephrase:

He gets the most out of his attributes despite his technical deficiencies. He's got a good boxing brain and uses it in combination with his attributes (size, movement, and unpredictability/unorthodoxy) to good effect.

He won't beat Wilder or Joshua. Know way he can deal with that kind of size and power with people not afraid to let their hands go.If he comes back, and fights either of those two, then he'll be stopped..

Probably use his weight, disinterest, inactivity, mental health,and the fact hes only fighting for money, as an excuse.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 02 Dec 2017, 9:36 pm

out of interest, who would you have picked if he and Haye had fought before Haye injured his shoulder? I alway thought that Haye would have been too quick and hit too hard, but maybe if Fury had leaned on him and mauled his way to the later rounds he could have won.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 03 Dec 2017, 9:35 am

I was never sold on Hayes heavyweight credentials. Im.notnsure who would win. At the time a swung between the ywo. I doubt the pot shot method he used against a Valuev would work, because Fury isn't stationary.

Haye would have the power to hurt Hate, but Fury has the attributes to make the.big ones miss. If it was stoppage then Hate. If it went to points then Fury.

I

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 04 Dec 2017, 4:05 pm

I hope this fight with Bellew happens - mostly for the build up. Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 05 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm

Definately! The build up would be even worse/better/cringier than Mayweather vs Mcgreggor.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 05 Dec 2017, 3:48 pm

Hahaha - true. When is Fury's hearing wih UKAD?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down