The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Press Conference Week 1

+4
Hero
Marky
TwisT
Afro
8 posters

Go down

Press Conference Week 1 Empty Press Conference Week 1

Post by Marky Thu 05 Apr 2018, 4:49 pm

1. What do you make of the FIFA results format?

2. Is the FIFA format making you buy differently in the transfer market?

3. Who is your early pick for the title?

4. How different do you feel last season would have gone for you under the FIFA format?

5. Wrestlemania this week. Do you care? If so what's the standout for you?

6. Will Man City wrap up the title this weekend, bearing in mind what happened to them the other night?

7. Should Pep be criticised for not having a backup left back considering his budget, and instead playing the likes of Delph, Zinchenko and Laporte out of position?

8. Who, if anyone, have you backed in the Masters (Golf)?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Press Conference Week 1 Empty Re: Press Conference Week 1

Post by Afro Thu 05 Apr 2018, 5:27 pm

I like it. I like the fact that you have a game to watch, you have to make your own judgement on what is working and what isn't, that the player ratings are not subjected to different opinions, and I love the fact that I don't have to vote!

Definitely. Before I would use my own judgement, whereas now everything is quantified. It's a bit more Big Sam I guess.

I think Tino could do a Leicester and climb the whole table from top to bottom. Hero will also be strong because although his ratings will have taken a hit, he could very quickly cash in on high value players, and he is shrewd enough to spend it wisely.

4. How different do you feel last season would have gone for you under the FIFA format?

No different I think. I think my team was quite well rated and I was doing quite well, but as soon as it looked like I couldn't win the league I started blooding youngsters. I think my team would still have been quite strong on FIFA, but not good enough to win.

Don't care one bit as its not something I follow. If the Ultimate Warriors not in it, then no one stands out?

6. Will Man City wrap up the title this weekend, bearing in mind what happened to them the other night?

I think so. Liverpool's attack cause everyone problems, and whereas some teams sit back and soak it up, and get a result, it's not in Citys ethos to do so, so they got beat. United don't have the ability going forward that Liverpool do, so I can't see them causing the same problems.

7. Should Pep be criticised for not having a backup left back considering his budget, and instead playing the likes of Delph, Zinchenko and Laporte out of position?

I think Delph and Zinchenko have done well tbh. Laporte looked lost at LB. I wouldn't criticise Pep for it though, they have done pretty well with the players they have.

I like to have a look at players who are in decent form, quite high in the rankings and long odds. Did it and got 66/1 with Danny Willet two years ago and aiming to repeat the trick with Tyrell Hatton
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 05 Apr 2018, 6:26 pm

I think it is great and has given the league a boost. Win or lose, it has added extra excitement in seeing just how your team performs on the pitch.

Definitely. I think who will see a lot more deals as well. Big money names doesn't automatically mean wins now. I would never have sold Silva for instance in the normal results format.

Everybody. It is all so even.

I think I would have done better. I was marked down for certain tactical moves that I think would work in FIFA

I usually buy it every year. But none of the matches are the ones a casual fan would buy it for.

Yep. Nothing more to add.

Can't think you can based upon the league position. Look at Young for Man U or Milner at Pool. New positions for players sometimes gives them new lease of life.

I haven't backed anyone but my pick would be Rose

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 05 Apr 2018, 8:21 pm

It makes things easier, and it means I don't have to vote, what's not to like?!

It is, I'd never have dreamed of selling Pione Sisto to buy Wayne Rooney before this but the Fifa ratings make it worth doing.

Hard to call, I'd say Hero for his financial wealth but much closer this season IMO.

Probably wouldn't quite have been as high as 2nd but I'd like to think I'd have been top half.

Nothing majorly standing out for me compared to the other wrestling over the weekend but I'll still watch it.

I can see Man U getting a draw against a weakened City side to give Man U fans a sense of pride at denying them the title until next week, but I hope they wrap it up and take the momentum into the 2nd leg v Liverpool.

I just think that it's a no brainer for any of us to have cover in every position, and the lack of an out and out LB arguably cost City against Liverpool.

8. Who, if anyone, have you backed in the Masters (Golf)?I've backed Patrick Reed and Webb Simpson at big odds, each way. Anybody's tournament to actually win.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:43 pm

Well being as I'd pushed for it for a while I kind of have to say I love it... and I do! Great 1st game.

I sold Jadon Sancho and Phil Foden, I bought Bale and Hamsik. What do you think?

Split between Nando and Afro, both exceptionally strong teams already.

I wouldn't have won it by a stroll. And I think that says a lot when I want to change it away from the format used.

Nakamura v AJ or Asuka v Flair.

Yep, City will be a wounded animal wanting to bite back.

Delph has done well, think it was more a criticism of Pep's tactics that he went to Anfield and was unprepared for an onslaught. Mourinho has shown how to deal with Liverpool's attack.

I like golf on a similar level to cricket, rugby and F1. I'd rather insert rusty nails in my japs eye.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 06 Apr 2018, 11:02 am

I think its brought new life to the league, and there's a lot of enthusiasm .. I can't imagine spending 2 hours on a working afternoon building a spreadsheet for the old league, put it that way Laugh

Yep, similarly to Hero I've gone away from the hipster players and tried to bring in a bit of proven quality - think I need to be wary of going too far towards the ageing players!

Really tight to call, but adding Hamsik and Bale to a strong attacking line up makes Hero an early front runner .. but until the first round is over I won't stick my neck out

Probably not much different, I would have bought differently but I certainly wouldn't have been challenging

I don't watch WWE, but I'll watch Wrestlemania if I'm bored and its on repeat on Sky Sports .. so fairly indifferent

Watching the game, it almost seemed like they were looking to contain Liverpool and were a bit off the pace .. whether that's because they're looking to save themselves for Utd or not, but I expect them to be fired up

He's done this a few times now, just looked tactically inept in the latter stages of the CL - look at how he tried to take on the Barca front 3 with Bayern. Mendy injury was obviously unforeseen, but I'm sure they'll spend another couple of hundred £m this summer

Justin Rose

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 06 Apr 2018, 11:35 am

I like it - imo it's what will keep these leagues going, obviously providing whoever is doing the matches has the time to do them. This is more actual "mangement" in my opinion, as you are having to buy players, set them up, watch them and then figure out tactics that work and don't, players that work well and don't etc.

I don't have enough money to buy anyone Laugh

Hero or Marky. My squad is too thin for me to compete over the course of a season, but I like my chances when I have a fully fit team too.

Probably worse Laugh

YES. Card looks amazing this year, cannot wait for it.

Who cares if they do or don't? They've been the best team this season and will wrap it up whenever

Playing Laporte at LB on Wednesday was a stupid decision, but otherwise he's used Delph/Zinchenko well there as the backups. Problem is backups usually are there for 5/10 games a season, when the main guy is out with a niggle for a few weeks or so - not literally the whole season when the main LB you've brought tears his knee in two a few games into the season

My bets each way were - Spieth, Matsuyama, Noren, Walker, Moore and Fitzpatrick. Looking good to break even so far at least
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 06 Apr 2018, 7:55 pm

It's a nice innovative idea. 3 years in the making but we got there in the end angel

Haven't bought anyone I normally wouldn't have yet.

Hero just bought in Bale so him. He's a much better player than that french guy he had before

Trebs did a brilliant job last season. This team would have walked the league last season if it were under the aforementioned format.

Anything but a Roman Reigns victory. The guy's a caant. Hopefully Undertaker doesn't fight Cena. No need to tarnish his legacy anymore. He should just Retire In Peace.

Definitely. José must have showed his players the match between Pool and City from the other day and will do the exact opposite of what Pool did. Easy win for City.

Zinchenko is a good talent think he's done a decent job at LB. It's a shame that Mendy has been injured for them but he'll be back and he's easily the best left back on the epl when fit.

I dont watch golf but Rory Mcilroy is always one of the favs. My money's on him.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Brooksey79 Wed 11 Apr 2018, 2:23 pm

Post by Marky on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:49 pm

I like it, think it offers something different and seems to have added more enthusiasm to the league.

Not really, good players are good players regardless of the engine used for results.

Afro

I don't think I'd have been rooted to the bottom, probably mid-table

not fussed really anymore, used to be a melt for 'taker but he needs to stay retired really

yes

yea i think all sides need proper depth, but he gets away with it cus he's like the messiah

Woods would have been a fairytale, always had a soft spot for Sergio Garcia

Brooksey79

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down