The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 15 Press Conference

+2
Marky
TwisT
6 posters

Go down

Week 15 Press Conference Empty Week 15 Press Conference

Post by TwisT Mon 12 Feb 2018, 2:00 pm

1. How do you see the last few games panning out for your team - will you be looking to end the season on a high or using it to make preparations for season 2?

2. Naming no names, what type of player will you be looking for in the cap increase when Season 2 starts?

3. How many of your existing squad will you be looking to get rid of to raise funds for Season 2? Or do you think your current squad can compete?

4. Salah, De Bruyne or Kane - Which would you rather have in your team?

5. Who do you think your teams stand out player has been this season in real life?

6. Taking your current squad, what position in the Premier League do you think you would finish in real life?

7. You have been tasked to design the Miky Challenge League winners trophy - what will it look like?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Week 15 Press Conference Empty Re: Week 15 Press Conference

Post by Marky Mon 12 Feb 2018, 4:53 pm

1. How do you see the last few games panning out for your team - will you be looking to end the season on a high or using it to make preparations for season 2?
Hopefully pushing Hero all the way in the title race although I don't see him losing enough games, nor do I see me winning every game unfortunately.

2. Naming no names, what type of player will you be looking for in the cap increase when Season 2 starts?
I think defence and midfield is fairly sorted, so either a quality winger or striker

3. How many of your existing squad will you be looking to get rid of to raise funds for Season 2? Or do you think your current squad can compete?
I'll sell a few providing I can but replacements. Vinicius Jr might wanna consider investing in luggage once the new values are set though Laugh

I love De Bruyne, but as I won't be playing with a direct AM I pick Salah.

5. Who do you think your teams stand out player has been this season in real life?
Ilkay Gundogan probably. He's showing his class in that City side. Special mention to Edin Dzeko becoming a goal machine in Serie A

6. Taking your current squad, what position in the Premier League do you think you would finish in real life?
Probably not at the top 6 level name wise, so 7th

7. You have been tasked to design the Miky Challenge League winners trophy - what will it look like?
Because Hero is gonna win it, a giant swastika made of the Nazi gold hidden in Switzerland

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 12 Feb 2018, 5:23 pm

Marky wrote:1. How do you see the last few games panning out for your team - will you be looking to end the season on a high or using it to make preparations for season 2?
Hopefully pushing Hero all the way in the title race although I don't see him losing enough games, nor do I see me winning every game unfortunately.

I think defence and midfield is fairly sorted, so either a quality winger or striker

I'll sell a few providing I can but replacements. Vinicius Jr might wanna consider investing in luggage once the new values are set though Laugh

I love De Bruyne, but as I won't be playing with a direct AM I pick Salah.

Ilkay Gundogan probably. He's showing his class in that City side. Special mention to Edin Dzeko becoming a goal machine in Serie A

Probably not at the top 6 level name wise, so 7th

Because Hero is gonna win it, a giant swastika made of the Nazi gold hidden in Switzerland

You'd want that if you won it!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 12 Feb 2018, 8:29 pm

Definitely playing for season 2 now. Going to sell sell sell.

I think a striker and CB

A fair few that didn't have January moves. No point keeping them on the off chance they will move in summer

Kane. X2

Torreira I think.

12th

One massive big head of gold.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 12 Feb 2018, 8:46 pm

Hoping to get a title in the bag sooner rather than later and then blood some kids in.

Probably a game changer in the middle of the park. Pirlo 5 years ago ideally.

It could probably compete but the value of some of the players only makes sense to cash in on a lot of them.

All are class, De Bruyne though edges it for me.

Milinkovic Savic. Some like Nando turned their nose up at how much I paid for him, glad I did with the prices being circulated for him and think he's been my star performer even more so than the bigger names ahead of him.

Possibly threatening Arsenal for 6th.

My face.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:40 am

A game against both of the top two, so we'll be putting our best foot forward for both those games. The other two games are very much preparation for season 2

Good ones. Across the whole side. I need a new CB to replace Laporte, and will be looking for some pacey FBs

Honestly, I can see two of my current strongest XI still being in the side as we go through season 2.

De Bruyne. Midfield is always the most important position for me

I don't think there have been clear stand outs, but Tousart and Aouar have both been hugely important to Lyon and rightly being eyed by the big boys

Depends who was managing them, but give them a quality manager, then they'd be pushing for top 4

A bit like the Jules Rimet trophy, but with Miky in the place of the angel
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 13 Feb 2018, 10:48 am

I'll be putting out my best 11 in every game where possible

Definitely a striker. Upgrades more or less throughout the side

A fair few of them, I would say that only 3/4 of my current starting line up would be in my team without question next season

Kane - massively lacking a spearhead

Probably Umtiti, but some of my players have had great seasons that don't seem to be recognised in predictions.

Top 8

I'd go big, something like the Stanley Cup trophy

Week 15 Press Conference GettyImages-540429960

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 13 Feb 2018, 12:59 pm

1. I think it would be wrong to comment on my game with Marky, i.e. to say I think I should be battering him, or have no chance would be unfair. However, I feel pretty confident of winning my other games. To finish third against all the odds and criticism this season would be amazing. And that's exactly what I intend to do.

2. All in all, there's four signings I want to bring in come the end of the season. But I've got one main target, who an attacking player.

3. I think every single manager would accept lawyers at new TM Value on almost every player in their squad. Myself included. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

4. It's a difficult question. For me, Salah is class, but not quite at the level of the other two. Kevin de Bruyne is probably the best player of the three, and has been exceptional this season. But, if I was building a team from scratch, I'd have Harry Kane.

5. As I've discussed with Marky privately, Pepe is having a very good season and shouldn't be put on the list of unrated oldies just yet. Most of my team are there because they're having good seasons in the Premier League. In terms of those that have gone under the radar a bit, I'd say Aaron Caricol and Rodrigo Hernandez, both from La Liga.

6. In terms of the squad, I think it's in the level of the top six. I could see it finishing in the top four. Defensively, my side is as good as any Premier League side, Casemiro is the best DM in world football as well. Going forward I've got plenty of options too. However, if we're talking about the tactics as well, then I could get my team to win the Premier League. As long as we didn't have jokers predicting on the games.

7. Thanks for stealing my idea for the Apprentice Final! furious

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 13 Feb 2018, 1:39 pm

Trebs wrote:1. I think it would be wrong to comment on my game with Marky, i.e. to say I think I should be battering him, or have no chance would be unfair. However, I feel pretty confident of winning my other games. To finish third against all the odds and criticism this season would be amazing. And that's exactly what I intend to do.

2. All in all, there's four signings I want to bring in come the end of the season. But I've got one main target, who an attacking player.

3. I think every single manager would accept lawyers at new TM Value on almost every player in their squad. Myself included. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

4. It's a difficult question. For me, Salah is class, but not quite at the level of the other two. Kevin de Bruyne is probably the best player of the three, and has been exceptional this season. But, if I was building a team from scratch, I'd have Harry Kane.

5. As I've discussed with Marky privately, Pepe is having a very good season and shouldn't be put on the list of unrated oldies just yet. Most of my team are there because they're having good seasons in the Premier League. In terms of those that have gone under the radar a bit, I'd say Aaron Caricol and Rodrigo Hernandez, both from La Liga.

6. In terms of the squad, I think it's in the level of the top six. I could see it finishing in the top four. Defensively, my side is as good as any Premier League side, Casemiro is the best DM in world football as well. Going forward I've got plenty of options too. However, if we're talking about the tactics as well, then I could get my team to win the Premier League. As long as we didn't have jokers predicting on the games.

7. Thanks for stealing my idea for the Apprentice Final! furious

You have the one I gave you!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down