The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP

+2
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 31 May 2018, 4:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

Mat Pillans has been added to Surrey’s squad of 14 for the Royal London One-Day Cup trip to Beckenham to face Kent, with all-rounder Sam Curran joining up with England.  Sad
Stuart Meaker will miss out for Surrey after suffering a fractured rib during training this week. Shocked
THE FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (captain)
Gareth Batty
Scott Borthwick
Rikki Clarke
Tom Curran
Jade Dernbach
Ben Foakes
Will Jacks
Morne Morkel
Mat Pillans
Ollie Pope
Jason Roy
Mark Stoneman
Freddie van den Bergh
Maybe Dernbach,Pillans and Freddie to miss out though Pillans might have a chance as 3 spinners on a small ground might be a risk!!!
Over to you chaps  thumbsup

Last edited by jimbobgooner on Sat 02 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:15 pm

Making hard work of this!

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT/MIDDLESEX ROYAL LONDON CUP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:20 pm

Second six for pope Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:21 pm

50 for pope clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:22 pm

12 off 18 balls Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:24 pm

Helm commits the Cardinal Sin - and bowls a no ball to the Pope. Rolling Eyes

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:28 pm

foakes gone for 86 clap clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:29 pm

1 to win off 12 balls cake

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:30 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS EXCELLENT WIN Very Happy clap clap clap Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo
Corporal get the bar open

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 03 Jun 2018, 6:32 pm

Never in doubt! Wink In the end a solid performance by Burns, Foakes and Pope. Had a feeling that Pope was due a few runs, so it's encouraging to see him deliver.

Not entirely sure that this merits opening up the bar, particularly since Guildford's half cut already! Wink Nevertheless, still time for a quick half. Ale Ale Ale Ale

I think Surrey still have a plausible chance of going through to QF, providing of course they beat Glam in the last match. They would then need either Kent to beat Essex or Hants to beat Somerset. (I'm assuming from looking at the current table that if Surrey beat Gloucs they would finish ahead of them no matter how dire Surrey's goal difference - on the basis that it appears that on the same number of points the side with more wins (Gloucs have had 3 "no results" matches) finishes higher placed.)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Sun 03 Jun 2018, 7:17 pm

I'm easily confused but wouldn't Surrey need Essex and Somerset both to lose as well as winning themselves ?

I could easily be wrong though.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 03 Jun 2018, 7:18 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Never in doubt! Wink In the end a solid performance by Burns, Foakes and Pope. Had a feeling that Pope was due a few runs, so it's encouraging to see him deliver.

Not entirely sure that this merits opening up the bar, particularly since Guildford's half cut already! Wink Nevertheless, still time for a quick half. Ale Ale Ale Ale

I think Surrey still have a plausible chance of going through to QF, providing of course they beat Glam in the last match.  They would then need either Kent to beat Essex or Hants to beat Somerset.  (I'm assuming from looking at the current table that if Surrey beat Gloucs they would finish ahead of them no matter how dire Surrey's goal difference - on the basis that it appears that on the same number of points the side with more wins (Gloucs have had 3 "no results" matches) finishes higher placed.)

Evening, Corporal - first off, found I had left my wallet at home so put the family lunch on the officers' tab. I felt a little awkward about that and so had to have another drink - again on the tab. Anyway, trust all fine there. Very Happy

Think you're being too optimistic about our chances of qualification. I believe we need Essex AND Somerset to lose whilst we win. Only 3 teams advance from each group. The winners automatically qualify for the semis whist the team in second place in the S group plays the third placed team in the N group and vice versa. Clear as mud?!

I was puzzled why Gloucs are below us in the table. Guess you are right about more wins trumps goal difference!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 03 Jun 2018, 8:49 pm

Ah yes Beehive and Guildford - that's probably why I've never risen above the ranks of corporal! Very Happy

I had a quick look at fixtures and saw reference to the QFs. So I assumed that QFs meant that there were four matches in that round - as in the word "quarter" meaning divided into four! Shocked But sadly not. In which cases Surrey's chances are thin tho not entirely negligble. Tbh it's a bit difficult to argue that we deserve to go through.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 03 Jun 2018, 8:51 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

... I believe we need Essex AND Somerset to lose whilst we win. Only 3 teams advance from each group. The winners automatically qualify for the semis whist the team in second place in the S group plays the third placed team in the N group and vice versa. Clear as mud?!

I was puzzled why Gloucs are below us in the table. Guess you are right about more wins trumps goal difference!

The above has now been pretty much confirmed to me by - as they say Wink - a reliable source.

In essence for Surrey to qualify for the next stage: -
we have to win, Essex have to lose and Somerset must not win (ie a Somerset tie or no result will see us through provided we win and Essex lose).

Also confirmed - if level on points, places are determined firstly by most wins and if that is the same then by net run rate.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Mon 04 Jun 2018, 8:28 am

Still being in with a chance makes Surrey's team selection for the Glamorgan game interesting. Presumably Sam will come in and there surely has to be pressure on Stoneman's place.

Dernbach seems to have moved into a parallel universe this season. He's looked much more dangerous with the red ball than in previous years but isn't looking the bowler he once was in the 50 over stuff, so for me Sam replaces him.

Logic would seem to say Borthwick should replace Stoneman. So sad to see Rocky struggling so badly. I'd leave him out of this one and bring him back for the forthcoming Championship matches which he'll have to play anyway.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2