The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size)

+26
Pot Hale
Mad for Chelsea
LondonTiger
bico
R!skysports
Dollar Bill
Anglobraveheart
Welly
Tramptastic
TheMildlyFranticLlama
cakeordeath
funnyExiledScot
EST
TJ
NeilyBroon
BigGee
jimbopip
Hazel Sapling
demosthenes
Eejit
EWT Spoons
bsando
George Carlin
RDW
tigertattie
30 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size) - Page 8 Empty Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size)

Post by tigertattie Tue 12 Mar 2019 - 10:56

First topic message reminder :

With the woes and injuries in the international camp just depressing us, lets look back to the club game.

Possible areas of discussion:
Edinburgh continue to hold the 1872 trophy
Edinburgh are getting a new ground
Edinburgh have a home Euro Champs cup game to look forward to
Edinburgh have a league fixture against the perpetual point givers, Glasgow, to look forward to
BigGee’s proposed Scotland XV for England has 8 Edinburgh players, 4 exiles and 3 Glasgow players so even the International team is starting to look representative of where rugby in Scotland truly exists.
It’s not all bad for Glasgow though as they sit above Munster in the Pro 14 and have Stafford McDowell on their books
Edinburgh have Hamish Watson though
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size) - Page 8 Empty Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size)

Post by tigertattie Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 12:47

Edinburgh simply need thier own ground. Ground sharing with Accies would be unfeasable as Edinburgh would be given the priority when there are game clashes which would mean lots of odd game days/times for Accies games or they'd need to find somewhere else to play.

I still say that going forward, 7.8k capacity is a bit low. We should have been looking for 10 to 12k with an option of increasnig this for the bigger games.

Baby steps I suppose.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size) - Page 8 Empty Re: Edinburgh and Glasgow – Continuing patter version 22 (it used to be a squad size)

Post by Eejit Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 12:58

tigertattie wrote:Edinburgh simply need thier own ground. Ground sharing with Accies would be unfeasable as Edinburgh would be given the priority when there are game clashes which would mean lots of odd game days/times for Accies games or they'd need to find somewhere else to play.

I still say that going forward, 7.8k capacity is a bit low. We should have been looking for 10 to 12k with an option of increasnig this for the bigger games.

Baby steps I suppose.

Steady now, remember it’s only Edinburgh. Not a big club like Glasgow.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 13:53

tigertattie wrote:
EWT Spoons wrote:Edinburgh’s stadium is on hold currently and won’t be ready for the 19/20 season due to hold ups with the building warrant. Club got planning permission but the warrant has been worked on for the last 7 months and apparently still hasn’t concluded.

Plan is still to get in there during the 19/20 season, but won’t be ready for the start.

If its ready for any game in the 19/20 season, I'll eat Jimbo's hat! My ever loving MrsPip bought me a hat with the legend "In my defence I was left unsupervised" Shocked She knows me too well.

Regulations and red tape are delaying the start of the build, dodgey builders and poor weather will delay the completion. Apparently there's no problem with the actual stadium, it's the branch line for the tram which is causing the twenty five year delay. Not to mention the £325billion overspend.

If it's ready for the start of the 20/21 season, it will be seen as totally irrelevant as you'll be in the Diddy Cup again and playing to crowds smaller than the Krankies fan club.!

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 14:17

EWT Spoons wrote:They’ve just pinged a note out to all season ticket holders.  It doesn’t say much more than I’ve posted but here it’s here:

edin rugby wrote:As you will be aware, the club in partnership with Scottish Rugby, applied for planning permission for a new purpose-built 7,800-seater stadium on the back pitches at BT Murrayfield on 31 May 2018. At this time, we also applied for the necessary building warrants from the City of Edinburgh Council so work could start as soon as possible.

We gratefully received planning permission on 21 September 2018, but seven months on, the club continues to work with the council in order to bring the building warrant process to a conclusion.

With the building warrant process ongoing, we must now take the decision to continue playing our home matches on the international pitch at BT Murrayfield into the 2019/20 season in order to assist with planning for the forthcoming season and to provide clarity for supporters around ticket prices and Season Ticket Memberships.

In light of these circumstances, the club has taken the decision not to increase adult or concession Season Ticket or match ticket prices whilst we remain in the main bowl at BT Murrayfield.

Gold Season Ticket Members from the 2018/19 season onwards will have priority when transferring to the new stadium and further details on this process will be communicated at the appropriate time.

The club and Scottish Rugby remain committed to delivering a new stadium for the city’s professional rugby team and will continue to work proactively with their project consultants and the City of Edinburgh Council to make this happen.

Thank you for your patience as we work towards providing a suitable long-term home for the club and its valued supporters.

Kind regards,

Craig Docherty
Interim Managing Director

Come on Bru - what do you think that FES gave you that brown envelope full of cash for?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Mon 8 Apr 2019 - 14:20

Apparently there was a mistake made by the council during the planning process, a complaint wasn't properly registered so the decision was made by planning officers instead of by the councilors (I think that was the issue anyway), I wonder if this new delay stems from that.

Does anybody know if it usually takes this long to secure a warrant, I would have thought the planning permission would have been the main hurdle.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 9:12

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 9:15

EST wrote:Apparently there was a mistake made by the council during the planning process, a complaint wasn't properly registered so the decision was made by planning officers instead of by the councilors (I think that was the issue anyway), I wonder if this new delay stems from that.

Does anybody know if it usually takes this long to secure a warrant, I would have thought the planning permission would have been the main hurdle.

Warrant is usually a case of sticking to the rules and you are ok, so not sure what the problem is. May be hiding something else. If there was a procedural error in the planning that could get messy, depending on the affected parties. One for the lawyers!

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:02

Edinburgh Rugby have today confirmed that seven members of the squad will leave the club at the end of the 2018/19 season.

Scotland’s most capped player, Ross Ford - who has so far made 197 appearance for the capital side - leads the list following an 11-year career at the club.

Fellow internationalist and club centurion Tom Brown – who made his Edinburgh debut in 2010 and has since made 118 appearances – will also move on at the end of the current campaign.

Joining the pair in departing are scrum-half Sean Kennedy – an Edinburgh player since 2011, with 66 appearances to his name – and Scotland back-row Luke Hamilton.

With their departures already confirmed, scrum-half Nathan Fowles – who has made 71 appearances in the capital since joining the club in 2015 - will join Ealing at the end of the season, while back-row Senitiki Nayalo departs for Coventry.

Also included is Scotland international prop, Allan Dell, who’s departure to London Irish for the 2019/20 season was confirmed in January.

Head Coach Richard Cockerill, said: “We first and foremost want to thank all the departing players for their hard work, commitment and professionalism during their time at the club.

“They all leave with our upmost respect and we wish them all the best in their future rugby endeavours.

“Fordy is, and will go down in history as, one of the great Edinburgh and Scotland players. He’s a credit to the game with his work ethic, both on and off the pitch, while his playing record speaks for itself. I’ve got no doubt that he will be a success in whatever he decides to do in the future.”

With 110 Test appearances for Scotland, three Rugby World Cups (2007, 2011, 2015) and a British & Irish Lions tour (2009) to his name, Ford will go down as one of Edinburgh and Scottish rugby’s most decorated players.

The hooker joined Edinburgh from Border Reivers in 2007 and soon cemented himself as one of the northern hemisphere’s best.

The Kelso RFC product – who was a key man in the Edinburgh side that reached the Heineken Champions Cup Semi-Final in 2012 – became only the third player to reach 100 Scotland appearances in 2016, before becoming the national side’s most capped player of all time (110 Test appearances) in June 2017.

In a try-scoring cameo against Leinster last month, Ford surpassed Matthew Rees in becoming the second most capped player in the Guinness PRO14 with 203 total league appearances.

Edinburgh Leavers 2018/19

Ross Ford - 1 British & Irish Lions appearance; 110 Scotland caps; 197 Edinburgh appearances; 12 tries

Tom Brown – 1 Scotland cap; 118 Edinburgh appearances; 20 tries

Sean Kennedy – 66 Edinburgh appearances; 3 tries

Nathan Fowles – 71 Edinburgh appearances; 48 points

Allan Dell – 22 Scotland caps; 59 Edinburgh appearances; 3 tries

Luke Hamilton – 3 Scotland caps; 13 Edinburgh appearances

Senitiki Nayalo – 3 Edinburgh appearances

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:12

No real surprises in those names, although I wondered if Ford would be kept on another year as a squad player during the world cup - he has actually been OK lately and has a huge amount of experience.

Can't imagine Brown and Kennedy will be in demand elsewhere - hopefully they can pick up 7s contract.

Hopefully Hamiilton can get a decent move - he's in a difficult position as he's not playing and probably won't play for the rest of the season. He's also recently been injured with a concussion which won't help his case either.

The rest already have moves lined up.

It also suggests that everyone else in the squad is staying!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:13

Fair play to Ford. I'd like him to come off the bench at least in the next two games and hopefully we get that playoff spot so he can then get 200 Edinburgh appearances (though theres no room for sentimentality in pro sport)

Is he retiring?

Also, in other news, Hutchison scored another corker for Saints at the weekend. Just pinned his ears back and glided passed the defence to run in frmo about 40 metres out.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:42

And so the Cockers squad re-balancing continues, no real surprises about those players leaving. It's tough on some of those players as they will find it hard to get a look in at other clubs (Kennedy and Brown especially), but that's pro sport - in reality they aren't good enough to help Edinburgh get to where they want to be.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:44

Ross Ford has been a brilliant player for Edinburgh and Scotland, one of the few guys who maintained a level of consistency across the dark years. He’ll be missed at Edinburgh I’m sure and I’ll be curious to see what he does next.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 11:45

bsando wrote:Ross Ford has been a brilliant player for Edinburgh and Scotland, one of the few guys who maintained a level of consistency across the dark years. He’ll be missed at Edinburgh I’m sure and I’ll be curious to see what he does next.

Totally agree, he's gone through his bad patches and I was always nervous when he was throwing into the line out, but he has been a real stalwart of Scottish rugby through a very difficult period.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 12:39

Am I going mad or what because I was under the impression Cowboy Dave has already extended his stay at the Scotstoun Ranch till 2020. Why are Glasgow social media going hard on it now?

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 12:46

Eejit wrote:Am I going mad or what because I was under the impression Cowboy Dave has already extended his stay at the Scotstoun Ranch till 2020. Why are Glasgow social media going hard on it now?

When it was originally announced all the Glasgow fans were out their nuts on Buckfast and now some have become somewhat sober enough (likely as it's not giro day till next week) to notice the news?
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:25

I'm with Eejit - I'm sure this was announced ages ago...

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 13:32

With the players Edinburgh have let go, I don’t think there are any surprises.

I would hope however that Hamilton picks up a contract out west, as I think Glasgow still could do with another BR and Hamilton has shown this season with us that’s he’s capable of playing at this level. He’s able to play across the BR so would certainly add depth.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 14:44

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/47867754

Ugo Monye talking up Hutchinson's prospects of making the WC squad. The Scottish player he reminds me most of is Bennett, he has that speed and step that he showed as a younger player before all the knee injuries and is probably a better passer, having also played at FH.

Defence probably does need a bit of work still but surely that is doable.

Hard to see him not being in the wider squad baring injuries the way he is playing and getting capped in one of the warm up games. He really does seem to be on fire at the moment, that try against Gloucester a the weekend was just sublime.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 14:44

Hamilton would be a good squad player for Glasgow and will bring a hard edge, but he's no better than the current options they, none of which are likely to be at the world cup other than potentially Wilson. It should mean Harley moving to the row full time, but they still need to invest in some big barstweard at 6 or 8.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 14:58

RDW wrote:Hamilton would be a good squad player for Glasgow and will bring a hard edge, but he's no better than the current options they, none of which are likely to be at the world cup other than potentially Wilson. It should mean Harley moving to the row full time, but they still need to invest in some big barstweard at 6 or 8.

They could take him if DR thought we needed another squad filler, but as RDW says he is not going to be a standout starter, though he could do a job. The player he is probably closest to is Gibbins, who usually plays OS but is not an out and out flyer and scavenger the way the other two are. Interestingly though, DR seems to prefer this kind of player as a starter and brings the genuine OS on later in the game when it starts to break up a bit.

He really is your classic 61/2 modern back row player and might serve a useful bench role.

We have a couple of genuine OSs Smith and Fusaro and a few 6/8s Ashe, Wilson, Fagerson, Tevita. Whilst all are decent players, none are absolute stand outs, though Matt Fagerson may still get there and Wilson definitely punches above his weight.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 15:08

I think it has got to depend on if Hamilton can find a Premiership or Top 14 spot. He is good enough for that level and should do, but on the off chance he can't, he should take Tevita's spot. He is SQ and a better player.

It also looks better for some of the SQ/EQ players who may be worried that if they get capped by Scotland they will struggle to find another deal if it does not work out. Vellacott (who would have been great for Edinburgh) or Bassett (be great for Glasgow) may be examples

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 15:21

Hazel Sapling wrote:I think it has got to depend on if Hamilton can find a Premiership or Top 14 spot. He is good enough for that level and should do, but on the off chance he can't, he should take Tevita's spot. He is SQ and a better player.

It also looks better for some of the SQ/EQ players who may be worried that if they get capped by Scotland they will struggle to find another deal if it does not work out. Vellacott (who would have been great for Edinburgh) or Bassett (be great for Glasgow) may be examples

Bassett is not SQ, that was an urban myth that I fell for as well, for some reason his birthplace on Wiki was down as Edinburgh but unfortunately not true.

Tevita signed for two years, so not going anywhere and I still have hope that he may develop more with more exposure, he looked half decent off the bench last weekend, made a couple of powerful carries, definitely a big brick of a man. We will miss him for a chunk of the season again though as he will be off at the WC with the yanks.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 15:24

https://twitter.com/seanskennedy/status/1115594083907432451

Sean Kennedy's take on his dilemma!

Unfortunately I think he will struggle to pick up another contract, even with the sevens.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 15:58

I don't know if this link will work ….but I'll post it anyway.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/rugby-union/47840196

Warning: once you have seen this you can't unsee it.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:15

BigGee wrote:https://twitter.com/seanskennedy/status/1115594083907432451

Unfortunately I think he will struggle to pick up another contract, even with the sevens.

Yeah out and out 9s aren't often picked in 7s - you don't really need a 9 as every player has to get the ball away from rucks.

Hopefully he gets something, even if it is in the Championship.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:27

jimbopip wrote:I don't know if this link will work ….but I'll post it anyway.

To be fair, he wasnt to obad at holding the tune. Sure it was mimed and heavy with auto tune (makes you sound like you are singing under water) but hey, fair play to him.

The crowd weren't exactly behind the sing song. But if he did that at Easter Road, he'd be the next Hibs manager!

Next tourny I hope he does sunshine on Leith!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:30

tigertattie wrote:

To be fair, he wasnt to obad at holding the tune. Sure it was mimed and heavy with auto tune (makes you sound like you are singing under water) but hey, fair play to him.

The crowd weren't exactly behind the sing song. But if he did that at Easter Road, he'd be the next Hibs manager!

Eeww, Hibs.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:51

Eejit wrote:
tigertattie wrote:

Eeww, Hibs.

Eeewwww Football
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 16:57

RDW wrote:
BigGee wrote:https://twitter.com/seanskennedy/status/1115594083907432451

Yeah out and out 9s aren't often picked in 7s - you don't really need a 9 as every player has to get the ball away from rucks.

Hopefully he gets something, even if it is in the Championship.

George Horne did very well in his time with the sevens, but he possesses searing pace and an ability to read the game to get in place for the killer pass. That is not something in Kennedy's armoury unfortunately.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 17:01

I feel for Kennedy as its his livlihood but he's simply not good enough for pro rugby at this level.

He'd get a game for Zebre or Southern Kings but thats his ceiling I'm afraid.

He'll most liekly get a gig playing in the Super 6 in all honesty.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 17:03

I suppose one option for Kennedy, though not one I am keen on, would be a temporary return to Glasgow. We are definitely going to be short of SHs with the likliehood of Price and Horne going of to Japan. That just leaves Frisby with no obvious back up other than Niko, who lets be honest is only a SH in our dreams any more!

We are going to need some re-enforcing in that department and maybe some longer term planning as in the longer term, as their wage demands go up, we may struggle to hang onto both of the current incumbents, both of whom should really be a starting SH.

Add a SH to our shopping list, along with a big back row!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 20:35

I loved it when Niko was playing at SH for Glasgow around the time they won the pro12. Craziest SH I’ve ever seen, brilliance one moment followed by suicidal madness the next.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 21:31

bsando wrote:I loved it when Niko was playing at SH for Glasgow around the time they won the pro12. Craziest SH I’ve ever seen, brilliance one moment followed by suicidal madness the next.

Even by Glasgow standards he is considered a bit to hairy to be let loose at SH these days!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 23:43

https://theoffsideline.com/edinburgh-have-recruited-a-senior-scrum-half-says-richard-cockerill/

A scrum half on the way
Hamilton was offered a contract but declined
Ford still weighing up options, including playing on. Sounds more like it was a money decision.

That's about it as far as signings go for Edinburgh though, maybe a few more short term if needed to fill gaps around the WC.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 9 Apr 2019 - 23:53

https://theoffsideline.com/glasgow-warriors-set-to-make-six-new-signings/

6 new signings coming Glasgow's way, some before and some after the WC. He does not feel the squad needs a lot adding to it.

No replacement for Blair, DR will take over the backs coaching again. Forward coach has been identified but not announced.

The one year extension is down to family considerations, he may extend again or they may decide to move nearer home. No plans to take the Australia job post WC

Huw Jones should be back this week, but not Gibbins

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 8:13

3 scrum halves is a bit light for Edinburgh, unless there is another talented youngster ready to make the step up in emergencies. He's obviously got a lot of faith in Charlie Sheil to be a key player.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 8:58

I think we should be ok with 3 SHs. None of ours are likely to be worrying international selectors so no risk of them being away for that.

Glasgow have gone through the season with Price, Horne and Frisby*, so assuming Pyrgos/Groom (all the rumours are its him) are 1st/2nd choice and Shiel will play the Frisby role and bench for games where we probably should be winning.

In theory that should be fine.

* I realise that Niko is also technically still a SH as well, but he's not really considered there anymore, so excluded him from the list.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:02

Hope to hell that Glasgow's reinforcements come in the pack.

We need a couple of big, dirty locks and ideally Bill Mata's hidden and more talented younger brother (who also plays 8).
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:05

It's all fine in theory but if one of them breaks an ankle that leaves 2 players having to play every game for several months. Plus if one of them gets injured we have one player left!

An ideal scenario would be Kennedy moves to the 7s squad and provides emergency backup.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:11

EWT Spoons wrote:I think we should be ok with 3 SHs.  None of ours are likely to be worrying international selectors so no risk of them being away for that.

Glasgow have gone through the season with Price, Horne and Frisby*, so assuming Pyrgos/Groom (all the rumours are its him) are 1st/2nd choice and Shiel will play the Frisby role and bench for games where we probably should be winning.

In theory that should be fine.

* I realise that Niko is also technically still a SH as well, but he's not really considered there anymore, so excluded him from the list.

You say that, but Henry P is only one injury away from going. I guess both sides will be looking at their academy propects to fill in a gap if that happens.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:14

RDW wrote:It's all fine in theory but if one of them breaks an ankle that leaves 2 players having to play every game for several months. Plus if one of them gets injured we have one player left!

An ideal scenario would be Kennedy moves to the 7s squad and provides emergency backup.

Cockers doesn't really rotate and Pyrgos has basically played all but a handful of games this season anyway...but yeah get your point. However I think we should be fine. We're not likely to bring anyone else in for SH at this stage. In theory we went through this season with 3 SHs as Sheil has only become relevant in the last couple of weeks and Fowles was practically away during that time.

We could make the same argument about pretty much any position if the Shoe and Sutherland/Bhatti get injured then we're knackered, I guess they just have to take the chance that 3 is enough across the board.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:17

George Carlin wrote:Hope to hell that Glasgow's reinforcements come in the pack.

We need a couple of big, dirty locks and ideally Bill Mata's hidden and more talented younger brother (who also plays 8).

Glasgow are pretty well stocked in the backs now and even if a fair few of them go off to Japan, we should be able to get a half decent line out.

There is talk of a couple more imports from the Ayr production line, Paddy Dewhirst and Kyle Rowe, but they are more likely to be on development type contracts for a year to see if they have it in them to step up.

Mark Palmer is still tweeting about the Crudden link up, he did so again this morning and he usually does know what he is talking about, but it still feels a bit unlikely to me. A second row a back row, maybe a LH and a short term SH would do it for me.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:26

If Aaron Cruden ends up at Glasgow I'll buy one of your shirts!

Cruden would be looking at either proper silverware contenders (Leinster, Exeter, Saracens, Racing) or big money throwers like the French clubs.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 9:57

tigertattie wrote:If Aaron Cruden ends up at Glasgow I'll buy one of your shirts!

Cruden would be looking at either proper silverware contenders (Leinster, Exeter, Saracens, Racing) or big money throwers like the French clubs.

Glasgow:

• are perennial Pro14 title contenders

• are a top 8 side in Europe

• Have future Lions centres Stafford "World Class" McDowall and Kyle "The Johannesburg Hammer" Steyn

He'd be a natural fit at Glasgow, and all we need is for George Carlin and IanBru to donate a little money to the club to make it happen. thumbsup

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:31

Eejit wrote:
tigertattie wrote:If Aaron Cruden ends up at Glasgow I'll buy one of your shirts!

Glasgow:

• are perennial Pro14 title contenders - You've never won the Pro 14

• are a top 8 side in Europe - You were utterly manshamed by Sarries and needed the mighty Edinburgh to give you a ticket to the Q/F

• Have future Lions centres Stafford "World Class" McDowall and Kyle "The Johannesburg Hammer" Steyn - Cruden says bah humbug to your "potential" stars who are not even internationally capped unlike the Edinburgh centres of Scott and Bennett

He'd be a natural fit at Glasgow, and all we need is for George Carlin and IanBru to donate a little money to the club to make it happen. thumbsup
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:36

Eejit wrote:

Glasgow:

• are perennial Pro14 title contenders

• are a top 8 side in Europe

• Have future Lions centres Stafford "World Class" McDowall and Kyle "The Johannesburg Hammer" Steyn

Eejit... warning FFS. As official OFDEPLUME Inspector here I must issue a yellow card here.

First Offence; you cannot call someone who plays for Ayr "World Class". You can only call EVERYONE who plays for Ayr World Class. GC introduced that rule back in 1973, at his 40th birthday celebrations.

Second Offence; Seaman Steyn he is and Seaman Steyn he will remain. Johannesburg Hammer just won't wash.

Tigertattie, don't buy your Warriors jersey from Bru. Not unless you're a 13 year old boy still waiting the onset of puberty. Don't buy one from the Hagia Sophia either, not unless you and Mrs Tattie were thinking of using it as a spare duvet cover.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Eejit Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:44

Here I was typing a response about Tattie almost Jimboing the quote function and he appears like iambic pentameter Bloody Mary.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 10:52

Eejit wrote:Here I was typing a response about Tattie almost Jimboing the quote function and he appears like iambic pentameter Bloody Mary.

To "jimbo" the quote function - Thats one for the new entries into the dictionary next year!

PS, Jimbo, you make IanBru sound rather predatory in your comments.

PPS, there is no Mrs Tattie which is why I've no wrinkles on my face and continue to have a happy outlook on life.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 11:11

Tattie, Bru hasn't the venom , or upper body strength, to be predatory. He is one life's outside halves.

Hagia Sophia...on the other hand Shocked Shocked Shocked

PPS, there is no Mrs Tattie which is why I've no wrinkles on my face and continue to have a happy outlook on life.
Is this from the Luvvies Initiation Ceremony?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 10 Apr 2019 - 11:25

jimbopip wrote:Tattie, Bru hasn't the venom , or upper body strength, to be predatory. He is one life's outside halves.

Hagia Sophia...on the other hand  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is this from the Luvvies Initiation Ceremony?

Nah, it's jsut that all the hot burds seem to be west of Livingstone
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next