The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political round up.............

+29
Derbymanc
king_carlos
Galted
guildfordbat
Crimey
Luke
No name Bertie
alfie
JuliusHMarx
Samo
MrInvisible
Pal Joey
BamBam
superflyweight
JDizzle
CaledonianCraig
lfc91
GSC
TRUSSMAN66
SecretFly
lostinwales
navyblueshorts
Pr4wn
Afro
Luckless Pedestrian
Soul Requiem
Muscular-mouse
Dolphin Ziggler
Duty281
33 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Political round up............. - Page 14 Empty Political round up.............

Post by Duty281 Fri 20 Dec 2019, 10:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Pr4wn wrote:Why are 16 and 17 year olds old enough to pay tax but not old enough to vote?

Good point, take them out of having to pay tax.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 14 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Derbymanc Thu 22 Oct 2020, 11:47 am

Going for independence now though would be one of the stupidest things you can do surely, better for Sturgeon to show what she can do at this time and go for it afterwards

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Political round up............. - Page 14 Empty Re: Political round up.............

Post by Samo Thu 22 Oct 2020, 12:18 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:(Ipsos Mori)

Scottish independence poll.

Yes 58
No..42

Covid and the Govt response making Independence support hit record levels...More older bracket support but whether that is temporary disgust with the response or it's tipped waverers from 2014 remains to be seen.

The trend is definitely for a comfortable win for Nationalists.

55-45 in 2014...
Excellent. The faster they're gone, the better. They'll maybe stop the whining thereafter, but I doubt it. Voted to stay in their Referendum, but then returned almost unanimous SNP to Westminster. Hypocrisy of the highest order. And.....queue Craig....

Yes votes in the referendum - 1.6m
SNP votes in 2015 GE - 1.4m

Given how a referendum is a binary choice and a GE uses FPTP between several parties its hardly a showing of hypocrisy. Unless you think voting for a pro-Independence party in a UK election is hypocrisy, then I dont know what to tell you.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 22 Oct 2020, 1:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If anyone can find Keir Starmer could you tell him to watch Andy Burnham so he can see what leadership looks like.

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Shocking poll against this Tory garbage.

What we definitely know is that, currently, Labour are not ahead in the polls. The one poll a month ago that gave them a slight lead, which MrInvisible got quite excited about, has been shown to be an outlier.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 22 Oct 2020, 6:22 pm

Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

Covid and the Govt response making Independence support hit record levels...More older bracket support but whether that is temporary disgust with the response or it's tipped waverers from 2014 remains to be seen.

55-45 in 2014...
Excellent. The faster they're gone, the better. They'll maybe stop the whining thereafter, but I doubt it. Voted to stay in their Referendum, but then returned almost unanimous SNP to Westminster. Hypocrisy of the highest order. And.....queue Craig....

Given how a referendum is a binary choice and a GE uses FPTP between several parties its hardly a showing of hypocrisy.  Unless you think voting for a pro-Independence party in a UK election is hypocrisy, then I dont know what to tell you.

Anytime Labour has got a decent majority it is because they have won Scotland....Blair's majority was 66 in 2005 and he cleaned up in Scotland and that was with more favourable boundaries. Had the SNP won 40 seats then Labour would have lost its majority.

Scotland goes independent and Labour can rule out ever having a decent ruling majority again.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 22 Oct 2020, 6:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

55-45 in 2014...

Given how a referendum is a binary choice and a GE uses FPTP between several parties its hardly a showing of hypocrisy.  Unless you think voting for a pro-Independence party in a UK election is hypocrisy, then I dont know what to tell you.

Anytime Labour has got a decent majority it is because they have won Scotland....Blair's majority was 66 in 2005 and he cleaned up in Scotland and that was with more favourable boundaries.  Had the SNP won 40 seats then Labour would have lost its majority.

Scotland goes independent and Labour can rule out ever having a decent ruling majority again.

A catch-22 situation I'd say. Labour will only pick up a vote share if they listen to Scottish voters. As long as they remain inflexible on a second independence referendum then their woes will continue as they are alienating themselves from well over a million voters. But being more flexible may lead to IndyRef2 and independence then you get the situation you mentioned of Labour in the political wilderness. It is ironic as it was staunch Labour man, ex-PM and unionist Gordon Brown who intervened at the 11th hour of the 2014 independence campaign trying to turn it more into a DevoMax issue with promises (not kept) of riches coming Scotland's way. That also turned more Scots away from Labour.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 12:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If anyone can find Keir Starmer could you tell him to watch Andy Burnham so he can see what leadership looks like.

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Burnham is playing political games w/ peoples lives. He's showboating. Pathetic. Call it leadership if you like, but I'll pass.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Soul Requiem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 12:57 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

55-45 in 2014...
Voted to stay in their Referendum, but then returned almost unanimous SNP to Westminster. Hypocrisy of the highest order. And.....queue Craig....

Realisation (too late) that they had been duped and lied to by Better Together in 2014 coupled with the realisation that SNP cares for Scotland whereas a vote for (laughingly called) Scottish Labour and Conservatives is a vote for Westminster-based policies being waved through regardless of the impact on Scotland.

This sums up the depths Westminster will plunge to keep its filthy paws on Scotland:-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-19/u-k-s-tories-start-war-gaming-to-stop-scottish-independence

The 2015 SNP returns to Westminster were utter hypocrisy. Don't want the responsibilities of being independent, but want as much influence in Westminster as possible. Pathetic.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 1:00 pm

Samo wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

55-45 in 2014...

Interesting numbers and good point. I don't give a 4X though really. Sooner they're gone, the better as far as I'm concerned. Ditto Wales and NI. Maybe as four independent nations, we can all grow up a little once that's the status quo. Won't hold my breath though...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 24 Oct 2020, 1:43 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

55-45 in 2014...
Voted to stay in their Referendum, but then returned almost unanimous SNP to Westminster. Hypocrisy of the highest order. And.....queue Craig....

Realisation (too late) that they had been duped and lied to by Better Together in 2014 coupled with the realisation that SNP cares for Scotland whereas a vote for (laughingly called) Scottish Labour and Conservatives is a vote for Westminster-based policies being waved through regardless of the impact on Scotland.

This sums up the depths Westminster will plunge to keep its filthy paws on Scotland:-

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-19/u-k-s-tories-start-war-gaming-to-stop-scottish-independence

The 2015 SNP returns to Westminster were utter hypocrisy. Don't want the responsibilities of being independent, but want as much influence in Westminster as possible. Pathetic.

No response to Bloomberg report? It shows the vile lengths Westminster will bend to. Asking EU to block an independent Scotland's joining of the EU? Absolutely shocking. It shows the depths they will plunge to in a bid to undermine Scottish independence.

And no not hypocrisy at all. Like I said people vote for the party they feel they trust most to look after their best interests and that is the SNP. A vote for Labour and Tories in Scotland is a vote to have Westminster railroad through whatever they want regardless of the effect it has on Scotland. People in Scotland woke up to that many years ago now.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 24 Oct 2020, 1:45 pm

Woke up and voted to carry it on.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 24 Oct 2020, 3:20 pm

First full day of Wales being shutdown again. The English and Welsh Britnats (wanna be English) are accusing Mark Drakeford of being a closet Welsh nationalist

There are one of three reasons behind his methods at the moment and I am not sure which it is:

1) He is in fact a nationalist
2) He is doing anything to undermine Doris for his English master Sir Starmer
3) He is doing what he believes is right

Here's hoping it is option 1

Either way for now Wales is closed. A bit of a shame as we do enjoy foreign tourists coming here to enjoy our lovely scenery and culture (even the English ones who constantly moan about Welsh sign postings, locals speaking a different dialect and the price of holiday homes vastly increasing)

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sat 24 Oct 2020, 4:05 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Burnham is playing political games w/ peoples lives. He's showboating. Pathetic. Call it leadership if you like, but I'll pass.

How is he? Johnson can throw hundreds of millions at the companies of Tory donors in procurement contracts but can't spare £5m for the people of Greater Manchester? And Burnham is the one playing games?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 24 Oct 2020, 4:37 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Well you can take Burnham's word or you can take Jenrick's. There is a very great deal of Poopie around Jenrick these days.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 4:54 pm

Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

How is he? Johnson can throw hundreds of millions at the companies of Tory donors in procurement contracts but can't spare £5m for the people of Greater Manchester? And Burnham is the one playing games?
Whataboutery, I'm afraid. I didn't make any comment on Johnson, UKG contracts etc. Burnham, coincidently a former Labour minister, is playing games trying to be a tough man challenging Boris and the Tories. He might have some points, but he's messing w/ people's lives in a way that's despicable. He should have agreed on the Tier 3 call, taken the £60 mil, used it and then made a cogent argument for more thereafter if/when it was clear it was needed. UKG was never going to offer a deal that was better than Liverpool etc had already accepted.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 4:58 pm

lostinwales wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Well you can take Burnham's word or you can take Jenrick's. There is a very great deal of Poopie around Jenrick these days.
Oh, I agree re. Jenrick, in general, but that's a little beside the point. The numbers on infections, hospital admissions etc aren't open to political interpretation. Like Johnson et al or not, the idea that regional morons should somehow be allowed to flip the finger at the Government is just ridiculous - I don't care who they are.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:02 pm

Today I've learned that asking for £5m more to help reduce the strain on individuals and businesses after being forced into a Tier 3 lockdown from the same Government that have thrown literally billions away on a failed track and trace system is "Playing games with peoples lives".

Good grief.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:14 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
CaledonianCraig wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Yes 58
No..42

55-45 in 2014...

No response to Bloomberg report? It shows the vile lengths Westminster will bend to. Asking EU to block an independent Scotland's joining of the EU? Absolutely shocking. It shows the depths they will plunge to in a bid to undermine Scottish independence.

And no not hypocrisy at all. Like I said people vote for the party they feel they trust most to look after their best interests and that is the SNP. A vote for Labour and Tories in Scotland is a vote to have Westminster railroad through whatever they want regardless of the effect it has on Scotland. People in Scotland woke up to that many years ago now.
Amazing. Was expecting something impressive, but nope. If UKG believes we're better together, it would follow that they'd try to stop Scotland leaving. I couldn't care less as I'm sure you're aware. If reports like this speed your exit, I'm all for it.

Look. This is coming. As it is w/ Wales and NI rejoining a united Ireland. You don't offer Scotland, Wales etc devolved powers and then expect them not to want more. Bound to happen and Nationalist politicians will always be able to sell the 'grass is always greener on the other side' story.....until there is no other side. Whatever. Just get on w/ it and stop whining/blaming UKG for everything.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:16 pm

Samo wrote:Today I've learned that asking for £5m more to help reduce the strain on individuals and businesses after being forced into a Tier 3 lockdown from the same Government that have thrown literally billions away on a failed track and trace system is "Playing games with peoples lives".

Good grief.
Happy to educate. You learn something every day, as they say. Think nothing of it OK. It's not uncommon for far too many not to understand this sort of principle.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 24 Oct 2020, 5:45 pm

Looks like the Welsh part of the England and Wales Green Party are going to split from the English part and support an independence referendum

Compared to Scotland we are still in early stages I admit. But......

......the fire rises Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 25 Oct 2020, 12:46 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Whataboutery, I'm afraid. I didn't make any comment on Johnson, UKG contracts etc. Burnham, coincidently a former Labour minister, is playing games trying to be a tough man challenging Boris and the Tories. He might have some points, but he's messing w/ people's lives in a way that's despicable. He should have agreed on the Tier 3 call, taken the £60 mil, used it and then made a cogent argument for more thereafter if/when it was clear it was needed. UKG was never going to offer a deal that was better than Liverpool etc had already accepted.

Burnham agreed the £65 million fee with Government negotiators and then the Minister tried to knock Burnham down.

Stop reading the Daily Mail and remember the Mayor has to work on costs pertaining to population...Yorkshire and other places are less populated.

Manchester is only second to London in terms of people...Birmingham may be bigger in size but has less people.

Everything seems to be black and white with you Navy..Sorry to disappoint you but life is full of grey areas..

If you are going to respond to this post try to do a better job at patronising...The attempts above are falling a little bit short.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 26 Oct 2020, 1:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Burnham agreed the £65 million fee with Government negotiators and then the Minister tried to knock Burnham down.

Stop reading the Daily Mail and remember the Mayor has to work on costs pertaining to population...Yorkshire and other places are less populated.

Manchester is only second to London in terms of people...Birmingham may be  bigger in size but has less people.

Everything seems to be black and white with you Navy..Sorry to disappoint you but life is full of grey areas..

If you are going to respond to this post try to do a better job at patronising...The attempts above are falling a little bit short.
I don't read the Mail, but even if I did, what a nice fellow you are for insulting/stereotyping all Mail readers. Still, even that's better than the Journal of Imaginary Information that you too often use.
Who said Burnham agreed £65mil and was then was knocked down (successfully, it would appear) by which Minister? Burnham, himself? The Guardian? The Mirror?

Whatever. I don't care. The brinksmanship he engaged in delayed the outcome, which presumably delayed any money being made available and delayed the Tier 3 rules being put in place, therefore quite probably affecting infections/hospital admission negatively. What a prize plumb.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 26 Oct 2020, 1:20 pm

Steffan wrote:Looks like the Welsh part of the England and Wales Green Party are going to split from the English part and support an independence referendum

Excellent. See ya...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 26 Oct 2020, 2:03 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Manchester is only second to London in terms of people...Birmingham may be  bigger in size but has less people.

I don't read the Mail, but even if I did, what a nice fellow you are for insulting/stereotyping all Mail readers. Still, even that's better than the Journal of Imaginary Information that you too often use.
Who said Burnham agreed £65mil and was then was knocked down (successfully, it would appear) by which Minister? Burnham, himself? The Guardian? The Mirror?

Whatever. I don't care. The brinksmanship he engaged in delayed the outcome, which presumably delayed any money being made available and delayed the Tier 3 rules being put in place, therefore quite probably affecting infections/hospital admission negatively. What a prize plumb.

Maybe take fewer lines to admit you were wrong next time.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 26 Oct 2020, 4:07 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Pr4wn wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Comres
Con 42 +3
Lab 36  -3

Maybe take fewer lines to admit you were wrong next time.. Cool
Laugh Nice try!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 26 Oct 2020, 4:08 pm

Country founded on secular constitution loses plot:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-54692485
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 11:06 am

Going to be hard to take Labour's green new deal seriously if their Leader keeps going around knocking cyclists over..

TRUSSMAN66

Soul Requiem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 27 Oct 2020, 11:54 am

Ha! I wondered how long it would take you to write something about that. Doesn't look like he's in any kind of trouble at all.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 12:56 pm

My post was in jest..Bless you.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 27 Oct 2020, 2:08 pm

As was mine, my friend.

As an aside, why do you keep saying "bless you" to other posters?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Tue 27 Oct 2020, 2:33 pm

It's the cold season Pr4wn ;-)

Derbymanc

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 27 Oct 2020, 3:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Going to be hard to take Labour's green new deal seriously if their Leader keeps going around knocking cyclists over..
Who knows? Maybe the cyclist was 100% at fault?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 4:15 pm

Was the cyclist David Cameron?

Big boost in the polls for Starmer if it were.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 4:28 pm

Of course....Why I posted 75-23 Biden lead in Michigan already..

Trump needs double digit leads....because with voters left Trump is only 28 points ahead.

Look The Economist gives Trump a 5% chance.
Fivethirtyeight gives Trump an 11% chance.

Trump needs double digit leads on bellwether state regular polls.

Turnout will be higher this year you are right and sadly for Trump record numbers have voted EARLY..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 4:29 pm

Meant to be in the Trump section but Duty can read it here.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 27 Oct 2020, 7:16 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Steffan wrote:Looks like the Welsh part of the England and Wales Green Party are going to split from the English part and support an independence referendum

Excellent. See ya...
You will see us. We will still be neighbours, friends and trade with each other as we share the same island. That's how economics works. No need to get all sour just because you can't tell us what to do anymore. This will be a fantastic grown up moment for all involved

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Oct 2020, 7:45 pm

Deltapoll..

Con 42
Lab 39

After 5 days of "Starve a kid and save a quid" hitting the TV news and print media you'd expect Labour to be ahead.

Put Burnham in charge....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 28 Oct 2020, 12:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Deltapoll..

Con 42
Lab 39

After 5 days of "Starve a kid and save a quid" hitting the TV news and print media you'd expect Labour to be ahead.

picard

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Oct 2020, 7:46 am

Moving on...

Brexit Party seem to be the biggest movers lately...Up a couple of points across the board.

Wonder if the strong Euro haters are thinking Bozo may be forced to concede too much ground with the Covid nightmare...

Not a good time to be bargaining with the EU for sure.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:20 am

Steffan wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Excellent. See ya...
You will see us. We will still be neighbours, friends and trade with each other as we share the same island. That's how economics works. No need to get all sour just because you can't tell us what to do anymore. This will be a fantastic grown up moment for all involved
'We' don't tell you what to do. You've had many Welsh MPs etc sent to the Commons. Give over.
Hopefully, trade, cross-border visiting etc etc will all work out fine. Personally, I'm fed up to the back teeth w/ the Nationalist "grass is always greener" narrative. Fine. Go it your own, find out and stop whining that everything's Westminster's fault.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Deltapoll..

Con 42
Lab 39

Could this mean that, amazingly, not everyone agrees w/ the slant put on this by most of the MSM and social media? Amazing, that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 28 Oct 2020, 10:30 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Steffan wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Excellent. See ya...
'We' don't tell you what to do. You've had many Welsh MPs etc sent to the Commons. Give over.
Hopefully, trade, cross-border visiting etc etc will all work out fine. Personally, I'm fed up to the back teeth w/ the Nationalist "grass is always greener" narrative. Fine. Go it your own, find out and stop whining that everything's Westminster's fault.

Reminds me a lot of this European Super League in the footy tbh. I wish the "top clubs" would stop threatening to break away and just bugger off and do the rest of the league a favour Laugh

Pr4wn

Derbymanc likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Oct 2020, 12:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Hey I'm not one of the whining ones

Wales shouldn't be taking money off Westminster (same applies to Scotland) and Westminster shouldn't be allowing the Ministry of Defence to use the beautiful Welsh countryside for things like SAS training. England will make a success of independence I am sure although you have got this Northern Ireland problem to deal with when the time comes

We all need to stand on our own two feet and be good friends and trading partners Hug

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Oct 2020, 12:27 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Reminds me a lot of this European Super League in the footy tbh. I wish the "top clubs" would stop threatening to break away and just bugger off and do the rest of the league a favour Laugh
It works both ways though. Some the English I know remind me of my old man when I was 19:

My Dad: "I can't wait for you to move out and be independent"

Me "I am moving out next month as it goes"

My Dad" "But...what will you do for money? Renting?...that's not independence that's dead money. Where are you going to live?...A flat? That's too noisy. What area are you going to live in? Where?...I heard it's rough up there. You won't last five minutes son"

Me: "Ok Dad I'll stay at home for a bit longer"

My Dad: "Bah...pesky kids aye"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Oct 2020, 1:36 pm

Never understood why Wales voted to leave the EU...Farming is its major industry and it needs EU subsidies.

Independent Wales would have to pray the time out of the EU was short and re-entry is no given anyway..... Add the damage of Covid..

On the plus side there are far less People than Scotland to cater for and other Countries have managed to sustain with similar assets..

Too many questions though Steffan...Not in your lifetime buddy.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 28 Oct 2020, 2:28 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: Never understood why Wales voted to leave the EU...Farming is its major industry and it needs EU subsidies.

Independent Wales would have to pray the time out of the EU was short and re-entry is no given anyway..... Add the damage of Covid..

On the plus side there are far less People than Scotland to cater for and other Countries have managed to sustain with similar assets..

Too many questions though Steffan...Not in your lifetime buddy.

Not just the farming. Because much of Wales is technically poor it was eligable for extra convergence funding from the EU (Used to pay my salary a few years ago). All that funding. Chances of our wonderful government wanting to replace it and 'level up' Wales (or any other poor area) would seem to be low

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 28 Oct 2020, 3:44 pm

All that funding, all that UK money re-packaged as 'EU subsidies' and advanced as a reason to stay in the failing EU.

Tories need to crack on with the Shared Prosperity Fund and put this nonsense to bed.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Oct 2020, 5:24 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote: Never understood why Wales voted to leave the EU...Farming is its major industry and it needs EU subsidies
It still haunts most of decent Welsh folk to this day Truss

More embarrassing than the Welsh rugby team of the 1990s

Problem is there are actually some people who would rather us be a little town in West England than a member of a huge prosperous trading block

The mind boggles...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 28 Oct 2020, 6:10 pm

Duty281 wrote:All that funding, all that UK money re-packaged as 'EU subsidies' and advanced as a reason to stay in the failing EU.

Tories need to crack on with the Shared Prosperity Fund and put this nonsense to bed.

If it happens, great. As said, fat chance.

As for the EU I don't know if itis failing, probably no more than any other large entity or trading block. Seems popular enough amongst its other members. One thing I can say for sure and that is we are going to 'fail' a lot faster out of it.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 28 Oct 2020, 9:38 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Too many questions though Steffan...Not in your lifetime buddy
A fair call but stranger things have happened buddy

Never thought in my lifetime I'd see the day where the presidential campaign of your old country being fought between two crazy old men and the whole thing is like some kind of comedy show to be honest

As much as Trump is insane it's a bit painful watching Biden struggling to even remember what he was saying 20 seconds ago

But that's for the other thread I guess. Just saying how in politics strange things do happen

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 29 Oct 2020, 11:03 am

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/oct/29/labour-accused-of-harassment-and-discrimination-in-antisemitism-inquiry

EHRC report released today. Very damning indictment of Corbyn's Labour.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next