The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Dolphin Ziggler
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
seanmichaels
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Galted
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 29 Apr 2020, 7:21 am

First topic message reminder :

This site has stopped rendering properly on my laptop, odd.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:26 pm

Get Gamble on here, we will belittle him with strange vernacular, and intricate arguments about why Jack Whitehall is a c**t and Jack Wolfskin isn't.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu 30 Jul 2020, 12:39 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Except my girlfriend

You were doing so well.

She goes to a different country, you wouldn’t know her

When are you coming back, Dolph? It's been how long now... 6 months or so? Must be very tough on you. Keep positive, mate.

We were doing so well with the virus for a while but during the last month it seems to have spun out of control. Feels like we're teetering on the edge here with a few emerging hot spots but Melbourne is definitely in a worse state... excusing the pun. It won't take much for it to get much worse here I feel.

I left end of Feb and currently have no idea still on when I’ll return. It’s very odd, but modern technology eases things (I don’t mean that in quite such a Michaels way.)

NSW seems reasonably fine, although that missus I mentioned says Campbelltown isn’t doing great because people don’t care.

And if you ever bump into a John Gamble (I think) in your Sydney architecture circles, don’t tell him about this place. He’d lose respect for both of us and I’m already on thin ice on account of being thick.

The odds would be slim... but don't worry. Your secrets are safe... pending the next Culture Cup. Please bear in mind that I like finishing mid-table (7th -12th)... so I trust you will remember that important requirement around Christmas time.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 30 Jul 2020, 1:48 pm

@ Tino, my summer relaxation methods may have thrown up another way of outing your builder. Try (shirtlessly, of course) sucking on an ice lolly, preferably while maintaining eye contact.  I'm fairly sure that any gay homosexual queer would be unable to resist.

I could try it out for you as our communal gardens are currently being done but three chainsaw-wielding Rastafarians are probably not the ideal target audience.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 30 Jul 2020, 1:52 pm

Galted wrote:Three chainsaw-wielding Rastafarians are probably not the ideal target audience.

Great band though

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 31 Jul 2020, 6:01 am

We are back under lock down here, isolated fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:15 am

Saw it on the news, sicond.

That's bad Rick... hot outside but you're supposed to be stuck indoors unless you have a good reason to be out, right?
Do they police it well there or is it 'flexible' to some degree?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:24 am

I am fairly sure the weather knows what is happening and reacts accordingly, like in Terry Pratchett books, as soon as lock back down the sun comes out.

Pubs, eateries etc. are policed well, the rest not so much, but the sooner everyone behaves the quicker it is over. The worry is with Eid around the corner it is going to affect the local economy quite a bit. Plus the likelihood of people ignoring and gathering during this time is quite high, so may drag it out further.

We are looking after elderly relatives also, so shielding is probably for the best.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:43 am

Yeah, it's not good is it.

We've had similar problems here where some people still haven't got the message and treat everyone else with complete contempt.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:45 am

Yep, it sucks, could be worse, could be in the southern American states right now.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 31 Jul 2020, 8:55 am

Jesus.. yes, you need to be very, very careful indeed.

The noisy c*nts next door just kicked a pink rubber ball over the fence... it has spikes on it like a model of the coronavirus itself. It was a bit sticky too. Such unruly kids. They're too scared to ask for it back. I've just thrown it back over and washed my hands thoroughly. Not a word of thanks.

Back in our day, we'd just hop over the fence and grab it ... and suffer any consequences, etc.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:18 am

There is quite a nice advert over here where a grumpy neighbour keeps throwing a ball back, then eventually they lob some chocolate over.

Do you have plans for the weekend, peej?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 31 Jul 2020, 9:37 am

Think I've seen a similar one here too... Cadbury's?

No plans this weekend. I've been quite boring of late and the last few weekends were wet and miserable. Tomorrow and Sunday will be fine weather so I'll probably chip away at the garden some more and go for a early morning bike ride or two around Olympic Park - Bicentennial Park Wetlands.
It's really nice there with some good bike paths. Some exotic bird life there too...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 31 Jul 2020, 2:39 pm

late and sweaty tird

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Aug 2020, 9:44 am

Reluctant peek-a-boo fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Aug 2020, 10:01 am

I see your fist and raise you a sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Aug 2020, 10:13 am

How are you going, Galted?
Glad to see you survived the heat. Have things cooled down now? I hope the cat let you have a good rest over the weekend.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:24 am

Good thanks, PJ, how are things with you?

Sort of survived the heat, have a c*nt of a cold which I hope is a cold. Cooler today but a bit of a scorcher next weekend and the following week (in UK terms obviously, would probably be a mild Spring in Aussie terms) so might reward myself with several beers.

The cat spent the weekend in the darkness under the bed, emerging only to bite me on the feet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:36 am

I'm well thanks, mate. lol the cat... typical predator!

I was just thinking that I haven't had a common cold for a while. Maybe with this covid virus around I'm being extra careful... but it's all a bit strange to me. Are we even allowed to have the winter flu these days? Get sick and you're on the news headlines it seems.

Quite nice here. Cold mornings and clear sunny days. Going to be 22 tomorrow... but then another drop in temperatures and some rain towards the weekend.

...and maybe Jules was Alan Parker after all?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 03 Aug 2020, 11:58 am

I see a tourist was crushed between two humpback whales in Australia over the weekend. Bet that caused a fair bit of mirth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 03 Aug 2020, 12:14 pm

I heard about it but didn't follow the story in greater depth. There have been about 4 or 5 shark attacks in the last month... I think one bloke was lucky to survive. I believe they're all taking huge risks and the tourist was obviously in the wrong place.

I couldn't think of anything worse than being in the ocean in the middle of winter when - even though it looked quite serene when I was near the beaches the other day... the water is a little cold. Two days later there were some huge waves up the coast with several houses getting devoured by the waves... or at least their 'front yards' were washed away. Councils should never allow them to build that close to the sea but they took the risk and have now paid for it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 03 Aug 2020, 3:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:...and maybe Jules was Alan Parker after all?

Fame! I wanted to live forever!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Aug 2020, 8:22 am

I wanna learn how to fist!

Morning.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Aug 2020, 8:33 am

You want fist? Well fist costs, and right here's where you start paying. In sweat.
Sicond

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 04 Aug 2020, 8:41 am

Infamous tird.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Aug 2020, 10:33 am

Thread split week.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Aug 2020, 11:06 am

Don't f*ck it up like you did the last one

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Aug 2020, 11:35 am

4. Civic

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Aug 2020, 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Don't f*ck it up like you did the last one

How do you draw that conclusion?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Aug 2020, 12:02 pm

I though we were going to try and get it to Zombie Tino?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 04 Aug 2020, 12:12 pm

He's looking for flower pattern embroidery inspirations up in the Lake District, isn't he?

How's this site rendering these days, Rick? Maybe it was just undergoing some maintenance on the day of the last thread split.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 04 Aug 2020, 12:19 pm

No images or buttons render at all, just a generic image icon.

I think it is due to how my internet proxy on this device allows images through, same applies to emoticons.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 Aug 2020, 2:13 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:No images or buttons render at all, just a generic image icon.

I think it is due to how my internet proxy on this device allows images through, same applies to emoticons.

Doh raspberry warning Rolling Eyes steam Laugh Run

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Aug 2020, 5:57 am

<fist>

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 05 Aug 2020, 8:01 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:<fist>

I realise I probably haven't made enough appearances (and most of those coming off the bench as well) to question the etiquette here but I do wonder if the current greeting should be <elbow>

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Aug 2020, 8:31 am

A controversial idea. I'm not sure how sicond would logically follow on from elbow.
Tird

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Aug 2020, 8:39 am

I'm ok with <elbow> becoming the new sicond. It's just the sort of radical innovation that'll get the crowds flocking back to the thread.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 Aug 2020, 8:48 am

Galted wrote:I'm ok with <elbow> becoming the new sicond.  It's just the sort of radical innovation that'll get the crowds flocking back to the thread.

So am I, Galted... and Guildford. However, Jules seems to have given it the cold <shoulder>.

How are things in your <neck> of the woods, Galted?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 Aug 2020, 9:40 am

Excellent wordplay, PJ, you're often a<head> in that respect.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Aug 2020, 9:56 am

We definitely <knee>d more wordplay.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:03 am

guildfordbat wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:<fist>

I realise I probably haven't made enough appearances (and most of those coming off the bench as well) to question the etiquette here but I do wonder if the current greeting should be <elbow>

We love change in here, guildford, sometimes we just need a <hand> to get things moving

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:22 am

When is a game not a game? When it's a<foot>

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=69702

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20