The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:49 pm

I think this explains super's absence - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54247529

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I think this explains super's absence - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54247529

He's a lawyer, isn't he? A lawyer would never do anything illegal or immoral.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:29 am

Fist Robert Gore dies and then Super abandons me. Luckily bad things come in threes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:54 am

Sicond up with the top down. Got the city on lockdown.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:29 am

Morning.  I'm not Jackie Stallone and nor am I a recently arrested dark web drugs kingpin.  

Sorry G-Man - I was otherwise engaged on Monday evening and I wasn't working yesterday as it was a school holiday up here.  Took my oldest daughter to see 100% Wolf at the cinema - it should have been called "100% Sh1te" (yes folks I've had that joke in my back pocket since she asked to go see it).

Last edited by superflyweight on Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 am

100% lol out loud

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:27 am

100% forgiven. I'm used to being shunned on account of my home life.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:43 pm

I'm here after 50% of the day.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:11 pm

41% of the way to thread split.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:33 pm

BoJo has made me and Mrs Windows 15% worse off.

Super, I also went to see 100% Wolf but slept through most of it. I thought the 20% I saw was below average. I was tempted to reinvigorate the the film thread again and review it but don't want to be called a fraud for reviewing 20% of a film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:48 pm

I only managed a few minutes of sleep during it - not like when I got dragged to see Rio 2 and fell asleep for almost the entire film.

I saw Hustlers at the weekend - was tempted to do a review but not sure me suggesting that the film should have just been 2 hours of Jennifer Lopez sliding down a stripper's pole in a thong would add anything to the thread.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:18 pm

superflyweight wrote:
I saw Hustlers at the weekend - was tempted to do a review but not sure me suggesting that the film should have just been 2 hours of Jennifer Lopez sliding down a stripper's pole in a thong would add anything to the thread.  

I also saw that the other day (legit) but I thought it lost all credibility when that girl went out on the roof top and J-Lo was sat there smoking in knickers and a fur coat like some pimp from the 1970's. Up until that scene I thought it was a wonderful piece of film making and social commentary on the struggles of femininity in a male dominated world. The acting was both emotional and powerful with Lopez handling her complex and deeply challenging character with a purpose and sensitivity not often seen from a leading lady. Effortlessly weaving different facets of her character subtly between strength and vulnerability.

I would also definitely eat chips off her back whilst doing her from behind.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:48 pm

I'm trying to cut down on carbohydrates so would have to take a pass if she propositioned me.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:36 pm

I finally got around to watching Once Upon A Time In America last week. It's quite long.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Did they live happily ever after?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:07 pm

They lived happily but most of them for not very long.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:09 pm

Jeff had a Twitter criticism of your type earlier, by the way:

Adults who say they don't drink hot drinks. I'd be reluctant to trust them with anything important. - Jeff

So as not to remain on his wrong side, I'd suggest you start experimenting with hot drinks such as coffee and Horlicks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:37 pm

I'm beneath Rowley Rowley.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:37 am

Bovril.

Odd way to fist, but here we are.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:31 am

That's just the kind of fist that will get people sitting up and taking notice.

Has winter set in up your end? Hints of it over this side.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:42 am

Winter/autumn is indeed here mate, all grey and raining.

Though autumn to winter is my favourite time of year.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 am

I don't drink hot drinks and I would definitely be reluctant to trust jeff with anything important.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 am

Through autumn's golden gown we used to kick our way. You always loved this time of year.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:47 am

We had some weather here yesterday, really good storm followed by about an hour of big hail stones which made it look as though it had snowed a good couple of inches.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:52 am

We got us a bit of weather phenomenon going on here too, 'precipitation' I believe it's called. Good thing I'm a-sittin' indoors seeing as how Robert Gore ain't no longer among us with his ability to protect us from such occurrences. Mighty glad I ain't one of them homeless fellas.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:28 am

Wild and windy weather here too. Sort of warm and balmy today but now all of a sudden a cold change (bringing snow down south) and it feels like a twister might develop. I'd hate to be on a small boat out at sea right now.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:40 am

It's a bright bright bright sunshiny day here in the middle of the lands. Very relieved not to be a vampire.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:19 am

Blue skies today, lovely stuff.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:27 am

I'd be extremely interested to hear about the behavior of arthropods during the autumn season. If only there was someone in the Tea Society who was both knowledgeable on the subject and alive.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:56 am

While your waiting for Tino - see if you can spot the mopoke, Jules.

Where's Mopoke?:

(hint: it's not the poorly camouflaged red and green one)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:08 am

Is it the grey/brown blob about a 5th of the way up the main tree trunk?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:17 am

Yes. Got it.

tawny:

Can you see KP here? Have to shut the door otherwise he comes inside. So tame... and a bloody know-all who doesn't stop talking.

Kevin Pietersen:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'd be extremely interested to hear about the behavior of arthropods during the autumn season. If only there was someone in the Tea Society who was both knowledgeable on the subject and alive.

Well we are in the middle of breeding season for spiders so I assume you have noticed more of them venturing inside to the warmth and dry, looking for a mate? Please don't kill them (unless you're PJ - you probably should kill all spiders before they kill you) as they are lovely creatures and will be keeping your house clear of flies which will definitely have walked through dog sh*t before landing on your jam sandwich.

We had a weird phenomenon the other day actually. Our back garden was absolutely teeming with crane flies. I did a bit of research and the recent rain and subsequent moisture protect the eggs and stimulate the larvae and they all start maturing. I couldn't walk without squashing them, there must have been millions of them. It was like the Somme for crane flies. Those of them that avoided hatching in the the chicken run and the certain death that ensured made it into the house and either died peacefully in there or were eaten by the dogs. Tough life for a crane fly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:37 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'd be extremely interested to hear about the behavior of arthropods during the autumn season. If only there was someone in the Tea Society who was both knowledgeable on the subject and alive.

Well we are in the middle of breeding season for spiders so I assume you have noticed more of them venturing inside to the warmth and dry, looking for a mate? Please don't kill them (unless you're PJ - you probably should kill all spiders before they kill you) as they are lovely creatures and will be keeping your house clear of flies which will definitely have walked through dog sh*t before landing on your jam sandwich.

We had a weird phenomenon the other day actually. Our back garden was absolutely teeming with crane flies. I did a bit of research and the recent rain and subsequent moisture protect the eggs and stimulate the larvae and they all start maturing. I couldn't walk without squashing them, there must have been millions of them. It was like the Somme for crane flies. Those of them that avoided hatching in the the chicken run and the certain death that ensured made it into the house and either died peacefully in there or were eaten by the dogs. Tough life for a crane fly.

"It was like the Somme for crane flies' deserves to be narrated by Morgan Freeman.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:50 am

Brilliant description Tino. Sometimes it's like battles on two fronts here with all sorts of insects on the move with the Battle of Midway happening down the side next to the lavender.

They look like mosquitoes so I bet many people make that mistake and swat them. I see they only live for 10-15 days which seems a bit unfair really.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:56 am

Galted wrote:

"It was like the Somme for crane flies' deserves to be narrated by Morgan Freeman.

You see, I thought the "flies which will definitely have walked through dog sh*t before landing on your jam sandwich" was the line for Morgan.

I guess that's the difference between us, G-Unit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:59 am

Pal Joey wrote:Brilliant description Tino. Sometimes it's like battles on two fronts here with all sorts of insects on the move with the Battle of Midway happening down the side next to the lavender.

They look like mosquitoes so I bet many people make that mistake and swat them. I see they only live for 10-15 days which seems a bit unfair really.

Thanks, PJ. Lets hope Julio is happy with it as well.

I was thinking about their life span. If they survive the chickens, my flip-flops and the dog, they still only have a very short time to get their little crane fly end away and mate. If I believed in reincarnation, coming back as a crane fly wouldn't be at the top my list.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:26 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Brilliant description Tino. Sometimes it's like battles on two fronts here with all sorts of insects on the move with the Battle of Midway happening down the side next to the lavender.

I was thinking about their life span. If they survive the chickens, my flip-flops and the dog, they still only have a very short time to get their little crane fly end away and mate. If I believed in reincarnation, coming back as a crane fly wouldn't be at the top my list.

It would still be ahead of coming back as myself.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 pm

Galted wrote:

You see, I thought the "flies which will definitely have walked through dog sh*t before landing on your jam sandwich" was the line for Morgan.

I guess that's the difference between us, G-Unit.

It's up there but Freeman would never use the word 'definitely' in that context.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm

superflyweight wrote:

It would still be ahead of coming back as myself.  

Well yes, I would certainly prefer coming back as a crane fly than coming back as you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:18 am

A fist in time saves nine.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:51 am

Every sicond counts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 am

Tird time lucky.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:49 am

I was fascinated by Tino's account of the carpet of crane flies. We all know that they are also called Daddy Longlegs but in this day and age surely a more gender neutral name is required, such as Parent Longlegs. Pretty sure super_realist would back me up in this, given his proudly woke viewpoints. Unless all crane flies are male.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:56 am

Not sure that's necessary, if you're super-woke like me you'd know that daddies can be totty these days.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:59 am

My knowledge of non binary gender fluidity is somewhat lacking.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:44 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:My knowledge of non binary gender fluidity is somewhat lacking.

Choke on my girl dick you f*cking terf.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:31 pm

Afternoon, woke simps.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:44 pm

Snowflakes...

I see superior fly is doing gods work on the offtopic.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:49 pm

I tihnk Duty blocked me some time ago so I don't think he sees what I write. Still, it's worth making the point for the sake of my own mental well-being.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next