The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+3
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
Pal Joey
7 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:41 am

First topic message reminder :

<lol>

or for Rick... Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:41 am

The fist cut is the deepest.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:00 am

The sicond cut is just as bloody painful.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:06 am

Tird cut is actually OK.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:10 am

Had a racing pigeon sheltering by my front door yesterday. I felt very Northern. Haven't been able to contact anyone based on the tags so I've got it in a box to stop my cats from killing it. It won't fly away, just sleeping.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:12 am

Nice. I try to shelter by Julius's front door and he gets the double-barrel and corgis out.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 am

https://www.rpra.org/stray-reporting/

there you go Jules

Last edited by rIck_dAgless on Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Thought i would do my duty as a Northerner.)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:29 am

Tried them rick, but this one is tagged by the NTU, which you are doubtless aware is the National Tipplers Union. The only contact details I could find was a private F***book group. I messaged the admins but got no reply.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:49 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tried them rick, but this one is tagged by the NTU, which you are doubtless aware is the National Tipplers Union. The only contact details I could find was a private F***book group. I messaged the admins but got no reply.

This might help, https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/pigeon-recipes

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:54 am

Food for thought, Julius.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/racing-pigeons-most-expensive-china-belgium-races-2019-8?r=US&IR=T#:~:text=The%20most%20expensive%20racing%20pigeon,millions%20on%20these%20prized%20birds.&text=A%20pigeon%20sold%20for%20a,has%20ever%20been%20sold%20for.

Palindrome!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:28 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tried them rick, but this one is tagged by the NTU, which you are doubtless aware is the National Tipplers Union. The only contact details I could find was a private F***book group. I messaged the admins but got no reply.
Fair enough, they have some great pigeon care tips and tricks on there.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:19 am

I've found a great bunch of lads to look after the pigeon.

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Fa298b2bd0f56e49436d4cfecd7460b8

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:27 am

Fun Fact, Klunk regularly posts in the offtopic section.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:07 pm

Managed to track it down to Willenhall Tipplers Club but now the damn pigeon has gone and died

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 pm

I'm not the pigeon.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:05 am

Catch the fistgeon.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:19 am

Dastardly sicond

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:46 am

bird tird

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am

What he say, what he say?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:59 am

Him say: Too many Chiefs...not enough Indians.

Go go gophers... watch 'em go go go!

Also Get Smart episode. Washington 4, Indians 3

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Appears you brought down the Cone of Silence.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 pm

And.... loving it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am

Thrilled to be on fist. What a way to end the week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:44 am

Congratulations Galted.

What's new? Apart from the obvious... Smile

Forgot to mention I got stung by a bee or wasp yesterday. It happened so quickly. I felt a flick on the back of my arm near the elbow. No sting hanging out, only 2 little marks. The pain was immense. It swelled up and I got a rash. Uncomfortable for a few hours but then it occurred to me (late in the day) to take a phenergan which helped reduce the pain considerably.

Same arm as the sciatic nerve problem I discussed with you recently. So a double whammy.

How's your bursitis?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:55 am

Hello Mrs Jones, how's your Bert's lumbago?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:40 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Forgot to mention I got stung by a bee or wasp yesterday. It happened so quickly. I felt a flick on the back of my arm near the elbow. No sting hanging out, only 2 little marks. The pain was immense. It swelled up and I got a rash. Uncomfortable for a few hours but then it occurred to me (late in the day) to take a phenergan which helped reduce the pain considerably.

You're lucky to be alive, PJ, getting stung by an Aussie wasp. You should be thankful for just a sore elbow.

I got stung last summer. I was cutting some laurel bushes in the garden and a wasp actually flew up the sleeve of my t-shirt and stung me numerous times on the underneath of my bicep and in my armpit before I could get the little f*cker out. The worst thing was, Mrs Windows had warned me the bush was riddled with wasps but being an insect enthusiast, I ignored her and told her it would be fine. So then she is looking out of the window laughing her head off as I do a funny arm flailing dance in the garden trying to extricate this angry wasp from my sleeve.

It hurt for ages but luckily wasn't my w*nking arm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:15 am

Good to know that you're ambidextrous Tino.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:24 am

I've broken both of my arms twice. I can skip hands without missing a beat.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:26 am

The thought of getting multiple stings under the armpit is too horrific to contemplate. I've got these two small blisters.. not sure if I should pop them or just let them be?

We've got two grand finals on this weekend. Kind of looking forward to them but I'm not nearly as excited as I used to be. It was hot here today but they are saying that from tomorrow a huge cold front will arrive with some decent rain which will continue for about a week. The temperature will drop. Think that might help the Panthers slow the Storm attack down. They (Melbourne) have been lethal this year but Penrith are on an unbeaten run of 17 wins. So I guess something will have to break either way.

As for the AFL - I actually thought the best 2 teams (Port Adelaide and Brisbane) would be in it but they are both out. Interesting given the fact that both of them had a week's rest - twice - and that perhaps went against them. Richmond are probably slight favourites however Geelong have also reached peak form at the pointy end of the season.

The Wallabies play the All Blacks again next week, Tino. Just down the road from here at Bank West. I'm hoping for a miracle but I have the feeling they well and truly have our measure across the field and will give our blokes another lesson in rugby.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:39 am

Pal Joey wrote:

The Wallabies play the All Blacks again next week, Tino. Just down the road from here at Bank West. I'm hoping for a miracle but I have the feeling they well and truly have our measure across the field and will give our blokes another lesson in rugby.

Yes, I will be recording it and watching. I feel you're closer to them than you have been for years but they are still heavy favourites.

I see David Pocock is retiring from all rugby as well. He is one of the best players I have ever seen. His performance against Wales in the 2015 WC will live long in the memory. The single best individual performance I think I have seen for generations. He kept you in that game with outrageous leadership when you were down to 13 men. Moved to 8 when Hooper arrived on the scene and was equally effective there.

Seems like a great bloke as well. I remember him chaining himself to some gold mine somewhere to protest about the working conditions they were in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:48 am

Pal Joey wrote:Congratulations Galted.

What's new? Apart from the obvious... Smile

Same arm as the sciatic nerve problem I discussed with you recently. So a double whammy.

How's your bursitis?

Good thanks, PJ. Still a bit comically swollen but I think the worst is over and, touch wood, I should pull through.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:53 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

You're lucky to be alive, PJ, getting stung by an Aussie wasp. You should be thankful for just a sore elbow.

I got stung last summer. I was cutting some laurel bushes in the garden and a wasp actually flew up the sleeve of my t-shirt and stung me numerous times on the underneath of my bicep and in my armpit before I could get the little f*cker out. The worst thing was, Mrs Windows had warned me the bush was riddled with wasps but being an insect enthusiast, I ignored her and told her it would be fine. So then she is looking out of the window laughing her head off as I do a funny arm flailing dance in the garden trying to extricate this angry wasp from my sleeve.

Superb post, Tino, takes me back to the salad days of the Culture Cup.  Poignant, funny to the point of l*lling out loud, masterful fusion of knowlege and subtlety, wonderfully punctuated, breathtaking use of 'extricate' and a closing line every bit as good as that of The Great Gatsby.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:01 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Superb post, Tino, takes me back to the salad days of the Culture Cup.  Poignant, funny to the point of l*lling out loud, masterful fusion of knowlege and subtlety, wonderfully punctuated, breathtaking use of 'extricate' and a closing line every bit as good as that of The Great Gatsby.

Thanks, Galted. That is a lovely post.

If I was allowed, I would give you a firm but emotional handshake. Maybe even the briefest of hugs.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:29 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

They do both involve beating.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:02 am

BBC Fist

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:17 am

Just another manic sicond

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:22 am

Fird is a tragic number

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:29 am

I'm not Frank Bough.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:39 am

superflyweight wrote:I'm not Frank Bough.
Pronounced Bough, not Bough

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:52 am

Need to get it right for the safe word.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:01 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

It's actually pronounced Bow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:06 am

With apologies for attempting to introduce a slightly serious point here but it's probably only fair to emphasise that Frank Bough was a first rate sports and current affairs presenter who was thrown to the wolves by the BBC at a time when they continued to fete the likes of Sir Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:12 am

Apology accepted, guildford.

To be fair to the BBC, it was at a time when they were very much concentrating on molesting children rather than the content of their programming and so Frank Bough's treatment was understandable, if unfortunate.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:16 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Incorrect. It's pronounced Bow i.e. it rhymes with row.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Incorrect. It's pronounced Bow i.e. it rhymes with row.

I guess it's my turn to apologise, I was sure it was pronounced to rhyme with Sow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:16 pm

Galted wrote:Apology accepted, guildford.

To be fair to the BBC, it was at a time when they were very much concentrating on molesting children rather than the content of their programming and so Frank Bough's treatment was understandable, if unfortunate.

Smile clap

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:56 am

Top michalesing GB, Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:39 am

Top of the mid-morning to you too, rick.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 pm

Afternoon, all.

Considered unmichaelsing guildford but chose not to as I agree very deeply with his sentiments and didn't want to deflect attention from them.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:28 pm

I'll unmichaels Galted because, despite their proclamations of undying love for each other, I know Tino can't be arrissed to do it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:08 pm

I'll unmichaels Jules for no reason other than goold old fashioned respect.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next