The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
JAS
Pal Joey
I'm never wrong
westisbest
BlueCoverman
pedro
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
beninho
Soul Requiem
super_realist
JuliusHMarx
19 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:39 am

First topic message reminder :

How have some individuals got to the point where all they do is whinge and moan and complain about other people without any sense of compassion for those less well off than themselves through no fault of their own?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:00 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:Anyone else aware that we (hopefully) come out of lockdown in England on Thursday 3rd December and not Wednesday 2nd? From the Government website The new measures will apply nationally for four weeks up to and including Wednesday 2 December. At the end of that period, we will return to a regional approach, based on the latest data.

Can't see it happening, last time to get numbers down sufficiently it took months to get a to a level where we got some liberty back. It's pretty naive to think this will only be for 3 weeks. Can't see anything notable happening to figures in 3 weeks that returning to normal won't just put you right back in it a fortnight later.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by I'm never wrong Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:02 pm

I think we will have a window over Xmas, Super, then another lockdown. Might not be on the 2/3 December, but maybe a week or fortnight.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:06 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:I think we will have a window over Xmas, Super, then another lockdown.  Might not be on the 2/3 December, but maybe a week or fortnight.
It's getting rather ridiculous. A new tactic or direction ought to be considered. Lockdowns don't appear to work for anything longer than the lockdown.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 am

I'm honestly staggered by the amount of people in the uk and america who just lap up all the trump nonsense about winning the election. 20 or so court cases thrown out, confirmed in court that they are not claiming fraud yet people still think it was fraudulent. They say don't believe the media but believe tge lunatics. Baffling.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 am

Name one person in the UK who is claiming that Trump has won.
There might be plenty of people in the backward country of America but I'm not hearing a single person here saying that Trump won.

Why do you even care, isn't that what you say and isn't you that always goes on about tiny minorites of people such as you claim cancel culture is?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:57 am

People on twitter claiming it is rigged. And saying it will be overturned. Andrew Neil's twitter page us great to get into debates with crazies, not just on here.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:07 am

Oh no, people on twitter, like you always say to me, a tiny minority.
The world has crazy people in it. What else is new? Why does it bother you so much, not like they can win.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:32 am

Not so sure super. IMO sane people are a minority. There are just different groups of crazy people.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:36 am

Bother me, may be strong. But while I now we have crazies its still baffling how crazy people are. Also good fun getting into twitter back and forth with them.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:43 am

beninho wrote:Bother me, may be strong. But while I now we have crazies its still baffling how crazy people are. Also good fun getting into twitter back and forth with them.
Do you not see the double standards though? Whenever I raise something you claim its just a minority and shouldn't let it bother me, but when you do it, it must mean it's a legitimate complaint.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:58 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Bother me, may be strong. But while I now we have crazies its still baffling how crazy people are. Also good fun getting into twitter back and forth with them.
Do you not see the double standards though? Whenever I raise something you claim its just a minority and shouldn't let it bother me, but when you do it, it must mean it's a legitimate complaint.

But again, it depends if what I argue with you is what I actually mean. Or just do it for the Heck of it. Or that I think my views are more important to me then your views?

Its all just an irrelevance.

These people are still crazy.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:13 pm

Anyone know why Boris Johnson is self isolating?
He's already had Covid, he's had a negative test but he's still under a 14 day rule which doesn't seem to apply if you're a footballer?

Surely this needs amended or you could end up in a fairly perpetual self isolation situation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:07 pm

super_realist wrote:Anyone know why Boris Johnson is self isolating?
He's already had Covid, he's had a negative test but he's still under a 14 day rule which doesn't seem to apply if you're a footballer?

Surely this needs amended or you could end up in a fairly perpetual self isolation situation.

In reality I think he's trying to reemphasise the importance of following the rules post Cummings departure.

If he's had a negative test more than 5 days after the supposed contact with a positive case then yes he shouldn't need to.

I don't think I've seen anything yet about the incubation period & transmission capability of a previously infected person, even I don't have an issue with him erring on the side of caution though (that people should be doing).

Meanwhile, the ability to golf under restrictions is on the parliamentary timetable for early next week

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:14 pm

The point is should it be the rules? Seems overkill.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:45 pm

I see the free speech brigade up in arms about radio 1 not playing fairytale of new york. Why is always the same people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:59 pm

Why wouldn't they play it? It's just a song. I actively hate Christmas songs, but not playing a song because it contains the word "faggot" is pretty pathetic, just as bad as not playing Money for Nothing but at the same time it will allow some genuinely dubious stuff within its broadcast schedule that it lets off scot-free. From my point of view what they are doing wrong would be their lack of consistency rather than banning a pretty rubbish an already overplayed song.

There, you got a bite.

PS, are you sure it's Radio 1? I've been too old to listen to that awful station for at least 30 years as I'm sure you have, as Radio 1 is the sort of station for 14 year olds who like Russel Brand,  but given what they're like that song would be far too old to get anywhere near their playlist anyway.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:12 pm

Super, what is in money for nothing that is so bad?

Also, can they not just beep out the F word, but still play the song?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:14 pm

They also mention the word faggot in Money for Nothing, but the context in which it is in is actually quite funny because the joke is on the person saying it in the song, not the gay man he's referring to.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:15 pm

super_realist wrote:Why wouldn't they play it? It's just a song. I actively hate Christmas songs, but not playing a song because it contains the word "faggot" is pretty pathetic, just as bad as not playing Money for Nothing but at the same time it will allow some genuinely dubious stuff within its broadcast schedule that it lets off scot-free. From my point of view what they are doing wrong  would be their lack of consistency rather than banning a pretty rubbish an already overplayed song.

There, you got a bite.

PS, are you sure it's Radio 1? I've been too old to listen to that awful station for at least 30 years as I'm sure you have, as Radio 1 is the sort of station for 14 year olds who like Russel Brand,  but given what they're like that song would be far too old to get anywhere near their playlist anyway.

I'm in the strange position of agreeing with almost everything you say here.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be standing on the beach staring out to sea and trying to piece together what's happened.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:Why wouldn't they play it? It's just a song. I actively hate Christmas songs, but not playing a song because it contains the word "faggot" is pretty pathetic, just as bad as not playing Money for Nothing but at the same time it will allow some genuinely dubious stuff within its broadcast schedule that it lets off scot-free. From my point of view what they are doing wrong  would be their lack of consistency rather than banning a pretty rubbish an already overplayed song.

There, you got a bite.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be standing on the beach staring out to sea and trying to piece together what's happened.  

I thought that was a reference to Future Islands for a minute.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 pm

super_realist wrote:They also mention the word faggot in Money for Nothing, but the context in which it is in is actually quite funny because the joke is on the person saying it in the song, not the gay man he's referring to.

Are they referring to a gay guy in fairytale of new york?

To be clear it is a completely inappropriate word but I think if it's beeped out there should be no harm done as the context of the song is not homophobic.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:28 pm

You scumbag you maggot, you cheap lousy faggot.

I reckon its a case of lefty BBC types getting offended on other people's behalf as usual and that most gay people probably wouldn't be fussed.
The entire song is about trading insults and a tempestuous relationship.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:36 pm

I dont think 14 year old are into Russell Brand. I think he was a think when I was nearer 14.

Songs get censored its nothing new. Just another over the top reaction. Though radio 2 will play the original.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 pm

beninho wrote:I dont think 14 year old are into Russell Brand. I think he was a think when I was nearer 14.

Songs get censored its nothing new. Just another over the top reaction. Though radio 2 will play the original.

The word "Bum" was banned in The Kinks "Plastic Man"  in the 1960's, so it's a bit sad that we're still so puritanical and worried about offending people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:39 pm

The pogues retweeted a couple of posts, one about someone not playing it, and another about the wors not bothering him but being more annoyed by people being annoyed, usually straight people.

They also said L Fix can fck off.

Don't think they are as bothered as some people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

What is L Fix?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:41 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I dont think 14 year old are into Russell Brand. I think he was a think when I was nearer 14.

The word "Bum" was banned in The Kinks "Plastic Man"  in the 1960's, so it's a bit sad that we're still so puritanical and worried about offending people.

They even censored killing in the name of, and didn't play the man dont give a fck by the super furries. Disgraceful.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm

super_realist wrote:What is L Fix?

L Fox. Professional at being upset.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Given that there was an AIDS pandemic ripping through the gay community at the time of the songs release (1987) it is actually quite a nasty inclusion in the lyrics when you think about it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:43 pm

And "You're mothers got a Jason Kokrak" by GLC.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:44 pm

McLaren wrote:Given that there was an AIDS pandemic ripping through the gay community at the time of the songs release (1987) it is actually quite a nasty inclusion in the lyrics when you think about it.

Well she's dead and Shane McGowan has no teeth, so I guess the word Faggot won in the end.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:44 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:What is L Fix?

L Fox. Professional at being upset.
Don't think he's any worse than hundreds of people on both the left and the right. I'd say the left were every bit as bad for over the top synthetic outrage.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:54 pm

super_realist wrote:And "You're mothers got a Jason Kokrak" by GLC.

They did make me laugh. Grew tired pretty quickly though

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:55 pm

Oh look Ben has posted something in the hope of getting a reaction again.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:56 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:And "You're mothers got a Jason Kokrak" by GLC.

They did make me laugh. Grew tired pretty quickly though
Went to a gig about 10 years ago, very funny and in terms of lyricists they're genuinely incredibly clever and witty. Always a novelty act, but a good night out.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Oh look Ben has posted something in the hope of getting a reaction again.

Worked didnt it. Smile face thing and a big kiss

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Oh look Ben has posted something in the hope of getting a reaction again.

I feel as though this is considered a big achievement in your life?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

I feel as though this is considered a big achievement in your life?

Massive. Up there with our grindr date sweet requiem.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:08 pm

You couldn't afford me Ben.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:You couldn't afford me Ben.

Thats why I just save your messages and use as happy time material.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Get offended by a song? Relax, don't do it...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:57 pm

Frankie says relax.

Power of love is easily the best Christmas song anyway.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:

There, you got a bite.

Yep me too, I'm getting a bit sick of the BBC acting like an agendaised protest group rather than a National News Broadcaster. I think the Pistols should release Bodies as a single and everybody who despises this pathetic sanitising of songs from a different era should buy/download it and take it to number one for Xmas

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:17 pm

I used to listen to BBC 5 Live a lot but gave up when they started lecturing everyone. Universities are just as bad these days dishing out warnings on Shakespeare that some may find it offensive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:22 pm

In 1992 the pogues sung a different version. I've read they did this pretty regularly.

https://youtu.be/zmrUkB6UElY

This isn't new.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:27 pm

The whole shebang is worth it because it made me listen to the Irish rover again. Quality

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Shebang? Is that gender bias? Speaking of which, the BBC have started using the term Fisherpeople instead of Fishermen. Perhaps they should actually look up the origin of the term man/men in that context.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:36 pm

super_realist wrote:Shebang? Is that gender bias? Speaking of which, the BBC have started using the term Fisherpeople instead of Fishermen. Perhaps they should actually look up the origin of the term man/men in that context.

You aware of tge word shebang?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:41 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:Shebang? Is that gender bias? Speaking of which, the BBC have started using the term Fisherpeople instead of Fishermen. Perhaps they should actually look up the origin of the term man/men in that context.

You aware of tge word shebang?
Yes, it was a play on words Ben. I was making a joke, albeit a poor one.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:45 pm

Straight over my head. Your not yet Jim Davidson.

Anyone here watch taskmaster? At times its bloody hilarious

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next