The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
ralphjohn69
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TM2K
Shotrock
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Davie
pedro
dynamark
westisbest
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
navyblueshorts
McLaren
super_realist
Soul Requiem
beninho
22 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 16 Mar 2021, 6:48 pm

beninho wrote:How do we get back those pesky brits with that brexit.

I tell you what, that astrazeneca jab. What we can do is claim its linked to 2 deaths and pause it for a while.

That will show them.

Blatant attempt to undermine the strides the UK has made with its vaccination program. You however can stick to being a sucker for the EU.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:27 pm

Vaccine made me feel cack for a couple of days but I get ill taking virtually anything.
Death numbers really dropping now thank goodness but infections presumable mainly younger folk still quite high
We dont know the full story at Clapham the other night but we do know the event was cancelled people should not have gathered in such numbers,loads of media on hand for a picture and by the look a few professionals protesters there -male.4 persons only taken away and policeman and women involved and injured.Many hundreds have visited in daytime within the rules and made a tribute.Lets get the full story
Bad news for the met that one of their own is charged makes the message a lot harder

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:39 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:How do we get back those pesky brits with that brexit.

I tell you what, that astrazeneca jab. What we can do is claim its linked to 2 deaths and pause it for a while.

That will show them.

Blatant attempt to undermine the strides the UK has made with its vaccination program. You however can stick to being a sucker for the EU.

Blatant. They all ganged up, and rolled in Indonesia and Thailand. Its obvious when you look at it. And stands to reason.

Actually it doesn't. You raging weirdo.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:51 pm

I'll take your insistence on resorting to insults as a compliment.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 16 Mar 2021, 7:59 pm

If you want. Your call. But I really wouldn't class that as an insult.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 17 Mar 2021, 9:36 am

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 1f340
Hopefully we'll all be let back on the golf course very soon, I'm really itching for a game!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Pal Joey and BlueCoverman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 17 Mar 2021, 9:42 am

Golf, I feel like that's a word I vaguely recall.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:16 am

incontinentia wrote:Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all  Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 1f340
Hopefully we'll all be let back on the golf course very soon, I'm really itching for a game!

Happy St Pat's Day to you too, incontinentia!

You'll be pleased to know that we (here in NSW) are now allowed to drink standing up at the bar from today.
I had a beer earlier today at lunch but took the easy option of sitting down at a table outside mainly for a bit of the sunshine.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:55 am

Pal Joey wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all  Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 19 1f340

Happy St Pat's Day to you too, incontinentia!

You'll be pleased to know that we (here in NSW) are now allowed to drink standing up at the bar from today.
I had a beer earlier today at lunch but took the easy option of sitting down at a table outside mainly for a bit of the sunshine.
Splendid news Joey! Have a good one
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 17 Mar 2021, 2:44 pm

Happy paddy’s day inco.
Pal Joey.
Mate of mine in Australia posted a video of him with some mates boozing it up in a bar. Lucky buggers.

Looking forward to those times again.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 18 Mar 2021, 12:08 pm

Mate of mine called up today to discuss booking tables outside at our regular haunt .Quite nice to even think about it ! Plus the gym and the driving range.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 22 Mar 2021, 7:52 am

Hi all. Bit quiet isn't it?

If you are anti antifa dies that make you profa?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 24 Mar 2021, 7:26 am

I know Priti is just pandering to the right wing goons and/or racists. But I'm unsure that we have illegal asylum seekers.

Though, still seems that some of aforementioned mentioned goons, have still not understood that brexit made it harder to return asylum seekers to the previous country. As we came out of the agreement.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:05 pm

"For the first time, people seeking protection as refugees would have their claim assessed based on how they arrive in the UK."

from https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56500680

So if you get screwed over in such a way that you can arrive in style via BA first class you are welcome but if you are so poor you have to sneak into a shipping container then you can F*** off?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 24 Mar 2021, 1:27 pm

You can only claim asylum in the uk. Its all just a load of crap. But the base will be loving it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 25 Mar 2021, 9:17 am

It's gone really quiet on here so maybe a use exercise to recap on something I posted back in early Jan. Not going to post the whole comment thread of the time but as a summary there was an assertion by some that our government were doing well especially compared to others (although others were saying it's not of any use to just compare a snapshot in time). Well ok here we are 3 months later, we ARE now doing well, the vaccine rollout is helping us enormously so lets get the corresponding figures...This is what I posted on 6th Jan...

JAS wrote:
I tried to look for a demographically similar cross section so I've left out the multi-billion populated and the less than 50m populated (yes I know every country will have its nuances but even so...

UK, Pop 68m deaths 76305, deaths per million 1121
Italy Pop 60m deaths 76329, deaths per million 1263
Germany, Pop 83m, deaths 37208,  deaths per million 444
USA, Pop 332m, deaths 365684, deaths per million 1101
Japan, Pop 126m deaths 3655, deaths per million 29
S Korea Pop 51m deaths 1027, deaths per million 20

UK, Pop 68m deaths 126382, deaths per million 1855
Italy Pop 60m deaths 106339, deaths per million 1761
Germany, Pop 83m, deaths 75911,  deaths per million 904
USA, Pop 332m, deaths 558422, deaths per million 1680
Japan, Pop 126m deaths 8908, deaths per million 71
S Korea Pop 51m deaths 1709, deaths per million 33

So the perception of doing well really has to be put in context and part of that context is how bad we allowed our 2nd wave to get (no matter how our Governmental apologists try to cut it - our 2nd wave was allowed to be horrific). Some of our politicians are now smugly pointing fingers at the mess in continental Europe. Yes, Germany is now struggling but their deaths per million is STILL less than half ours despite it more than doubling this year. We've even had a worse first quarter than Italy (although they will overtake us again in the next few weeks). The US while still bad has clearly started to benefit from not having a narcissistic lunatic in charge. Proportionately Japan has had a poor quarter but then again what would we give for our deaths per million to be 71??. I still say we should have Public Health Officials studying Japanese and Korean methods, yes we are a very different society but SURELY there must be lessons to learn and adopt from them.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 25 Mar 2021, 11:58 am

Government minister who voted against extending free school meals just casually lying about stuff on tv.

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1375020299964538885?s=19

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 25 Mar 2021, 1:17 pm

Jas

The main defender of the UK government was Navy, and he seems to have gone off in the huff. And super was the "you can't compare countries" guy. Maybe being proven so monumentally wrong is at the heart of their departures from here?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 26 Mar 2021, 12:10 pm

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1375344856831254531?s=19

Billionaire Landlord has his say....

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 26 Mar 2021, 2:40 pm

So...for those living in Merry Jockland what's the background to this Hate Crime Bill and what do you think the practical implications will be?

Only asking because half sister who lives up there in on a bit of a Facebook rant (a kind of one person "Project Fear" posting all sorts of far fetched nonsense). She detests the SNP even more than I detest the Tories so I'm not sure how much of it is genuine concern and how much of it is just rabid anti SNP vitriol.

Funnier bit though was that it was her birthday yesterday and one of her mates posted on her wall, with a picture.... "Happy Birthday, this was the only picture I could find of you smiling - hope you like it" and it was a picture of Sturgeon. I nearly spat my tea out!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 26 Mar 2021, 5:31 pm

Haven't followed the story all that closely. I know women were left out in terms of groups you could commit a hate crime against, which I guess angered many people.

And no doubt the free speech morons will be out in force to whinge about it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 26 Mar 2021, 7:17 pm

Just watching Salmond on TV - why do these people just keep going.You wonder what drivers they have its just mental.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 8:05 am

I know we mentioned the clotting issues and the az vaccine previously. With some people thinking countries just made it up for political purposes. But this is interesting https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2021/03/30/blood-clots-and-the-az-vaccine-revisited

There does seem to be an increased risk to under 50 women. And we don't know how many in the UK have had what vaccine its hard to say it isn't an issue. Not to say it isn't worth the risks.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 03 Apr 2021, 8:18 am

Woman under the age of fifty are at an increased risk of blood clots anyway due to oral contraception.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 9:34 am

Soul Requiem wrote:Woman under the age of fifty are at an increased risk of blood clots anyway due to oral contraception.

Do you still think it was made up for political reasons?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 03 Apr 2021, 9:39 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Woman under the age of fifty are at an increased risk of blood clots anyway due to oral contraception.

Do you still think it was made up for political reasons?  

I didn't say it was made up, just your usual childish hyperbole and yes I do think the actions taken by EU member states were political.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 9:53 am

For what reason woukd it be political, especially as other countries also have queries. Its illogical.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 03 Apr 2021, 9:59 am

It's not at all illogical, might be worth using words correctly for once. You not agreeing with an opinion does not make it illogical.

It's simple really, the EU have collectively ballsed up their vaccine rollout so certain member states then look to undermine the UK. The reasoning for that is pretty simple. It clear that in this instance going it alone is preferable to being tied up in the beauracracy of the EU.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 03 Apr 2021, 10:03 am

beninho wrote:And we don't know how many in the UK have had what vaccine its hard to say it isn't an issue. Not to say it isn't worth the risks.

Something like 18m of the UK population have had the AZ vaccine

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 10:08 am

I'm a very open minded person. But, I still don't see why Norway or Denmark would get involved in trying to undermine the UK. I also think that we can see that some people, mainly women under 50 have been impacted after having the AZ vaccine. As the link I shared says, it shows a higher number then expected to suffer in this way. And, it makes complete sense to carry out checks, or trying to work around the issues.

I'm not really a conspiracy theorist though, so the old eu wanting to make the uk look bad doesn't really make sense, especially when it's not just the eu.

But each to their own.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 10:09 am

Davie wrote:
beninho wrote:And we don't know how many in the UK have had what vaccine its hard to say it isn't an issue. Not to say it isn't worth the risks.

Something like 18m of the UK population have had the AZ vaccine

How many females under 50?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 03 Apr 2021, 11:00 am

No idea but that's not what you asked. However I would guess the proportions of AZ to Pfizer are pretty representative across all age groups, so if there are 18m had the AZ, that leaves approx 15m with Pfizer. So somewhat more that 50%. If you google what percentage of the female population is under 50 then you should have your answer

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 11:49 am

Davie wrote:No idea but that's not what you asked. However I would guess the proportions of AZ to Pfizer are pretty representative across all age groups, so if there are 18m had the AZ, that leaves approx 15m with Pfizer. So somewhat more that 50%. If you google what percentage of the female population is under 50 then you should have your answer

It's exactly what I asked. And what I said we don't know.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 03 Apr 2021, 11:56 am

Anyway, good to have a nice pointless debate. It's been a bit quiet. Love to all happy Easter. Enjoy the chocolate

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat 03 Apr 2021, 7:40 pm

Evening all(dixon of dock green) just noticed we have on here a category for wrestling ?
Medicines and vaccine all have a side effect I was given a tablet(some sort of anti inflamatory) for my sore hip eventually replaced and the notes said may cause thoughts of suicide or actual suicide please consult you GP if this occurs well its quite hard to contact your GP when you are dead.Every time you take a medication it has an effect and has to be dealt with by the kidneys in particlar personally I stay well away but CV vaccine is a no brainer

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 04 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

Ben

If it's published in a scientific journal I will believe it. Just speculation up until that point.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 04 Apr 2021, 2:24 pm

McLaren wrote:Ben

If it's published in a scientific journal I will believe it. Just speculation up until that point.

But do you trust the Guardian Mac, when it says not all of the results published are true or can be replicated?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 05 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

I don't get my scientific knowledge from newspapers.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 06 Apr 2021, 9:33 am

https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1379348787618066437?s=19

Thousands of tourists a day still coming into the country. How are the govt still messing this up.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 06 Apr 2021, 1:26 pm

beninho wrote:https://twitter.com/matt_dathan/status/1379348787618066437?s=19

Thousands of tourists a day still coming into the country. How are the govt still messing this up.

Pretty weird that people would think it would be worth visiting lockdown UK. Hopefully they have a terrible time.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 06 Apr 2021, 11:59 pm

They come for the takeaway food and the weather.

pedro

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Apr 2021, 9:00 am

Az trials stopped, and investigations into the blood clots issues. Must be a political decision made by the UK.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 07 Apr 2021, 9:24 am

This alleged clotting issue is a complete nonsense and is in danger of giving the pandemic the oxygen to continue. Was politics involved in some countries decisions? On balance I'd have to say yes, I'd also say more fool them and shame on them.

We're now getting toward a situation where confidence and therefore take-up is being undermined. AZ themselves are now stepping backward with trials, why? Because they think it's not safe? No, I'd say they're now Poopie scared of being sued by sum numnut who gets a jab, thinks everything is hunky dory and gets Covid within a few days of having the jab (before the jab has time to take effect) and ends up with clots caused by covid but blames the vaccine. Then there will be other voices chipping in from the regulators in the Pharma industry....well what did you expect?, this is why drug trials are supposed to take years not months.

It's all agenda driven nonsense and the media would do better if it either just completely ignored it or researched it better and put the facts and relative risks more forcefully instead of pursuing it's usual sensationalist agenda of half truths and misconceptions.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 07 Apr 2021, 9:34 am

JAS wrote:This alleged clotting issue is a complete nonsense and is in danger of giving the pandemic the oxygen to continue. Was politics involved in some countries decisions? On balance I'd have to say yes, I'd also say more fool them and shame on them.

We're now getting toward a situation where confidence and therefore take-up is being undermined. AZ themselves are now stepping backward with trials, why? Because they think it's not safe? No, I'd say they're now Poopie scared of being sued by sum numnut who gets a jab, thinks everything is hunky dory and gets Covid within a few days of having the jab (before the jab has time to take effect) and ends up with clots caused by covid but blames the vaccine. Then there will be other voices chipping in from the regulators in the Pharma industry....well what did you expect?, this is why drug trials are supposed to take years not months.

It's all agenda driven nonsense and the media would do better if it either just completely ignored it or researched it better and put the facts and relative risks more forcefully instead of pursuing it's usual sensationalist agenda of half truths and misconceptions.

At least someone on here is capable of some independent thought. I can't disagree with a single word you've said there JAS. When you have such huge numbers having a vaccine in such a short period of time, some of those people are going to die. Seven deaths, 18 million vaccines, yes lets make a big deal out of it.

Yes Ben, the situation is still being politicised hence your own insistence on bringing it up.

Soul Requiem

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 07 Apr 2021, 9:36 am

beninho wrote:Az trials stopped, and investigations into the blood clots issues. Must be a political decision made by the UK.

It's only trials on children .. and paused, not stopped

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Apr 2021, 10:14 am

I get jab number 2 on Friday. I have no concerns with it

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:24 am

beninho wrote:I get jab number 2 on Friday. I have no concerns with it  

I get my 2nd on the 17th and I’ve no concerns either...it’s the Pfizer one :-p

Quite impressed with the admin/logistics as I’ve moved doctors surgeries in between 1st and 2nd jab. Bravo for the NHS being “on it”. That’s a situation that could easily have cocked up.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:27 am

JAS wrote:

Quite impressed with the admin/logistics as I’ve moved doctors surgeries in between 1st and 2nd jab. Bravo for the NHS being “on it”. That’s a situation that could easily have cocked up.

I've yet to have my first jab which has surprised me somewhat considering my partner has had her first one. She has epilepsy whilst I have what i'd consider to be more pressing health concerns with regards to Covid. Is what it is though.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 07 Apr 2021, 11:37 am

I lucked into mine. We had priority due to work snd the client base. But, an site near my work had sone leftovers one night, and we got the call. It only happened once! Got it before my sister who was/is going through Chemo and my dad in his 60s.

I got AZ, little bit of a fever that was it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 07 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I've yet to have my first jab which has surprised me somewhat considering my partner has had her first one. She has epilepsy whilst I have what i'd consider to be more pressing health concerns with regards to Covid. Is what it is though.

That’s something that was never considered Soul and perhaps should have been I.e. partners of the extremely clinically vulnerable, I’d have seen the logic if they’d decided to incorporate that into their prioritisation.

I didn’t think I was extremely clinically vulnerable, yes I have asthma but I’ve also done marathons, triathlons and martial arts so consider myself fitter than most. What drops me though is that I have had a history of Crohns even though I’ve been flare up free for decades I had to take quite a bit of steroidal treatment back in the day. I’m also on low dose penicillin as a prophylaxis for a skin condition. I guess the logical assumption is that my immune system will not exactly be tickety boo. I personally think it’s fine but happy to err on the side of caution and get my jabs as a priority for being ECV

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next