The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
ralphjohn69
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TM2K
Shotrock
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Davie
pedro
dynamark
westisbest
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
navyblueshorts
McLaren
super_realist
Soul Requiem
beninho
22 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Wed 07 Apr 2021, 1:53 pm

Couldnt agree more lads Ill be jumping on my second one come May 12th even though I did feel pretty rough after the 1st.World wide effort by the finest medical scientists should not be ignored.I have a neighbour who rents from me and he is probably the worlds sickest man (and muslim )if you believe him hasnt been out of the flat for 12 months probably 50 years old and apparently has not yet had a jab .Would I be justified to evict him
JAS im very allergic to penecillin so always wary of taking anything.Hence my medical records are about 2 pages of A4 cos I never ever go to the doc.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 7:12 am

If anything its probably a surprise that it's been such a minor impact from what is basically an experimental mass vaccination. I guess, something not seen before I'm the world. Something to be produced and used in such quick time. I see the government guidance has changed to under 30s being offered an alternative if available. Regarding Pfizer, I didn't realise that hadn't been signed off for pregnant women yet anyway. So, its not just AZ that have concerns.

It seems good that the other countries raised the concerns or wanted to look a bit further into them, as it seems to have pushed the checks here and led to the change in guidance. Though, this could have happened anyway, and we weren't told about it being looked at.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 7:58 am

I will add, I think the roll out of all these vaccines in such a short period if time around the world has been remarkable.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:01 am

I also saw Sadiq talking about the decriminalisation of cannabis, which was shot down by the PM. I have no issues with it being decriminalised. Woukd be interesting to hear other views?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:06 am

beninho wrote:I also saw Sadiq talking about the decriminalisation of cannabis, which was shot down by the PM. I have no issues with it being decriminalised. Woukd be interesting to hear other views?

At a time when the focus is on mental health, the decriminalisation of cannabis would be counterproductive. It's not a direct killer like your Class A drugs but is still a life wrecker and I have seen first hand the mental strain it puts on it's users, ranging from mild irritation to full blown psychosis.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:16 am

I feel we can learn a lot from America on cannabis. I think a government or a political party making a policy on it would be interesting. I think they may be scared to do so though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:21 am

beninho wrote:I feel we can learn a lot from America on cannabis. I think a government or a political party making a policy on it would be interesting. I think they may be scared to do so though.

I don't think we can learn anything from America at all, it has a very high drugs death rate. The second highest in the world I believe.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:24 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:I feel we can learn a lot from America on cannabis. I think a government or a political party making a policy on it would be interesting. I think they may be scared to do so though.

I don't think we can learn anything from America at all, it has a very high drugs death rate. The second highest in the world I believe.

What about Amsterdam, Portugal or spain?. How many dying from cannabis in Americn States where it is legal or decriminalised??

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:31 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

What about Amsterdam, Portugal or spain?. How many dying from cannabis in Americn States where it is legal or decriminalised??

Missing the point as always., I had previously stated that Cannabis is not a killer to the same extent as Heroin for instance but looking to America for guidance on drugs laws is misguided and somewhat foolish.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:39 am

I was talking about cannabis, you mentioned drug deaths. If the majority of states have legalised or decriminalised cannabis, of course we can look at them on this issue. Using other illegal drugs as a point not to look at cannabis is not the comparison or even what I was talking about.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:45 am

beninho wrote:I was talking about cannabis, you mentioned drug deaths. If the majority of states have legalised or decriminalised cannabis, of course we can look at them on this issue. Using other illegal drugs as a point not to look at cannabis is not the comparison or even what I was talking about.  

It's not a linear discussion you know, there are a multitude of different moving parts and overall drugs deaths are a part of that. Do people stop at Cannabis or does it progress from there? What are the mental health implications? What other health implications are there including increased risk of lung cancer when smoking cannabis? etc. etc. etc.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:53 am

All of that is why it should be looked into, rather then just shut down as an option by the government when Khan raised it.

I dont think anything has been linked between other drug deaths and cannabis use, I think the gateway drug thing is a myth. I've smoked cannabis I didnt move on to heroin. I'm sure a number on this board will be the same.

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 8:57 am

The National Institute on Drug Abuse released a study in 2020 backing the theory that Marijuana was in fact a gateway drug, notably leading to alcohol abuse.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 9:06 am

But it also say:
These findings are consistent with the idea of marijuana as a "gateway drug." However, the majority of people who use marijuana do not go on to use other, "harder" substances. Also, cross-sensitization is not unique to marijuana. Alcohol and nicotine also prime the brain for a heightened response to other drugs51 and are, like marijuana, also typically used before a person progresses to other, more harmful substances.

It is important to note that other factors besides biological mechanisms, such as a person’s social environment, are also critical in a person’s risk for drug use. An alternative to the gateway-drug hypothesis is that people who are more vulnerable to drug-taking are simply more likely to start with readily available substances such as marijuana, tobacco, or alcohol, and their subsequent social interactions with others who use drugs increases their chances of trying other drugs. Further research is needed to explore this question.

So, I don't think even that report is saying its confirmed. I think the last paragraph is very important.

I looked at European drug deaths, the UK is horrendous. While Portugal is radical its done the job.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 9:24 am

I think its quite an interesting topic, and as one of those things with so many different views, there isn't a right ir wrong answer. But with the decrease in cannabis convictions, and the increase in pushing for medicinal marijuana to be legalised, I don't think we a fair off unofficial decriminalisation. My mum had to get an order of cannabis oil from Holland when she had cancer. Would have been a lot easier to get it from a shop.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Thu 08 Apr 2021, 1:02 pm

Medicinal use fine .Social housing we get a lot drug use incl cannabis and it usually means trouble of one kind or another.I can smell the stuff from 100 yards away .Quite often now you can go into a shop after someone has come out or be walking down a respectable street and get an almighty whiff so its out there for sure.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 08 Apr 2021, 1:36 pm

I think the business case for legalising the stuff would be positive.

Imagine all the crime, murders, unsafe neighbourhoods, gang banging, police costs, prison costs etc. we would get rid off or reduce. Both here domestically and in the supply chain from the producers and smugglers. On top you can add the revenue for the govt from selling it in a controlled way, like alcohol or cigs.

Not saying it’s all honky dorey and that it wouldn’t create the odd new pot head, but let’s look into it, balance the pros and cons, in stead of just putting fingers in the ears.

And remember, if it doesn’t work we can always give the market back to the drug lords and their gangs.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Apr 2021, 1:55 pm

Are there really still people out there who want users of drugs to be treated as criminals? Or even low level dealers? What good do you think comes from imprisoning people who mostly have a pretty miserable existence anyway?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 2:03 pm

McLaren wrote:Are there really still people out there who want users of drugs to be treated as criminals? Or even low level dealers? What good do you think comes from imprisoning people who mostly have a pretty miserable existence anyway?

I don't have to see or smell them.

Drugs, miserable existence. Almost as if there's a link.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 2:24 pm

I dont think many cannabis user are sent to prison anyway. Though considering we have a broken court and justice system anyway, it's hardly worth trying to get someone to court over a bit of possession of weed. It just makes sense as Pedro says.

Just wish the labour party had the balls to go in on it. Think it would be a popular policy. Though, I also think bringing back hanging would be popular if the tories went with that.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 08 Apr 2021, 2:24 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
McLaren wrote:Are there really still people out there who want users of drugs to be treated as criminals? Or even low level dealers? What good do you think comes from imprisoning people who mostly have a pretty miserable existence anyway?

You ever had a smoke?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 08 Apr 2021, 2:31 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:

You ever had a smoke?

In my adolescence yes and it's the reason why I have such a dim view of this acceptance culture. It did me absolutely no good and made me a vile person to be around, the majority of habitual cannabis users i've come across are equally vile people.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 08 Apr 2021, 2:41 pm

Soul

I too have a pretty dim view of the weed culture but I don't want to see anyone criminalized for using it. Just because stoner culture isn't tasteful in my view doesn't mean I can't sympathize with those who do it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 09 Apr 2021, 12:15 pm

Prince Philip has died.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 09 Apr 2021, 12:34 pm

Obviously not unexpected, but still sad to hear. A great lifetime of public service and duty. Can't imagine how the Queen feels at this point, I hope she manages to cope as best she can.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Fri 09 Apr 2021, 1:09 pm

Sad but he looked very poorly recently .Phil the greek and he was not at all greek.
I met him very briefly about 15 years ago at Guards polo club Windsor .I was waiting in reception to see the manager and this very tall imposing gent came in and politely asked me if I was waiting for the physiotherapist .I replied 'er no no ....sir'as I twigged who it was .Very impressive person.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 09 Apr 2021, 11:18 pm

I really enjoyed his un-PC comments through the years.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/amp/world/the-gaffes-that-made-philip-a-national-treasure-1108796.html
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 15 Apr 2021, 8:38 am

The Kieren Trippier ban looks even more ludicrous when you see the racist guy only got 10 games.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 15 Apr 2021, 10:53 am

beninho wrote:The Kieren Trippier ban looks even more ludicrous when you see the racist guy only got 10 games.

And the guy he abused gets a 3 game ban!
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 16 Apr 2021, 10:33 am

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:The Kieren Trippier ban looks even more ludicrous when you see the racist guy only got 10 games.

And the guy he abused gets a 3 game ban!

To be fair I think Kamara gave him a pretty good bitch slap in the tunnel after the game, understandable yes but condonable? No not in the context of professional conduct.

Did the Kudera ban have an effect last night? To be honest I never saw that coming, Arsenal have been pretty ordinary, had Rangers got through I'd have fancied them against Arsenal but they didn't and I thought Slavia were a very effective outfit so for Arsenal to take them apart like that was a surprise. Should preserve Arteta for a wee bit longer.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 19 Apr 2021, 12:05 am

The game has gone.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

McLaren wrote:The game has gone.

I have heard people say that the trials and tribulations of sport reflects the trials and tribulations of life and society. Well here we have a greedy elite few pissing on the faces of the many in the greedy pursuit of further wealth. People should think about that...seriously think about that. Football has come up with an almost perfect analogy of what happens when unfettered greed goes unchallenged until it is too late!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:10 pm

JAS wrote:

I have heard people say that the trials and tribulations of sport reflects the trials and tribulations of life and society. Well here we have a greedy elite few pissing on the faces of the many in the greedy pursuit of further wealth. People should think about that...seriously think about that. Football has come up with an almost perfect analogy of what happens when unfettered greed goes unchallenged until it is too late!!

I can't actually disagree with that.

The FA and Premier League only have themselves to blame, the moment they allowed the Petroleum industry a foothold in English football this was always likely to happen.

Soul Requiem

JAS likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:10 pm

interesting innit on the day LCFC do the business.
Im sure there will be some very excited lawyers around today.Can these teams do this within existing agreements ,can the PL and EUFA sanction them and would they be brave enough ,will the players stand for it can they even question it as employees.would the PL want to loose six biggish teams and promote say norwich,west brom,fulham etc. It going to get very messy.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:37 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I can't actually disagree with that.

The FA and Premier League only have themselves to blame, the moment they allowed the Petroleum industry a foothold in English football this was always likely to happen.

Yup!! To be honest, I've advocated many times over the past few years that all the countries outside the big 5 (England, Spain, Italy, Germany,France) should withdraw from the CL and have a separate, more level playing field type competition between their clubs (so Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Scotland etc). Why? because the financial disparity from TV money in the big 5 leagues prevents it from being a fair competition. Porto were the last club outside the big 5 to win the CL in 2004!! Those big clubs have never had it so good, yet they're STILL not happy, they want that elite status GUARANTEED without having to work for it. If they go they go but it should be made VERY clear...it's a one way ticket, no coming back with tails between legs in 5 years time

This move however, would have the effect of seriously levelling up the playing field

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:46 pm

dynamark wrote:interesting innit on the day LCFC do the business.
Im sure there will be some very excited lawyers around today.Can these teams do this within existing agreements ,can the PL and EUFA sanction them and would they be brave enough ,will the players stand for it can they even question it as employees.would the PL want to loose six biggish teams and promote say norwich,west brom,fulham etc. It going to get very messy.

If they wanted big replacements they could always come for the old firm (45-50k season ticket holders each) take sky money out of the equation in every other aspect they are BIG clubs or...turn that round the other way...put Sky money into those 2 and they are BIG. If say Arsenal or Tottenham for whatever reason were dropped to the 4th tier of English football, do you think they'd fill their stadiums with 48-50000 against say Exeter City or Darlington on a wet Wednesday night in February?. Have any of the "big" 6 ever had 38500  at a reserve match?

Having said all that, I hope they don't.

Oh and btw big congrats to Leicester :-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 19 Apr 2021, 3:13 pm

JAS wrote:

Yup!! To be honest, I've advocated many times over the past few years that all the countries outside the big 5 (England, Spain, Italy, Germany,France) should withdraw from the CL and have a separate, more level playing field type competition between their clubs (so Portugal, Holland, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey, Greece, Scotland etc). Why? because the financial disparity from TV money in the big 5 leagues prevents it from being a fair competition. Porto were the last club outside the big 5 to win the CL in 2004!! Those big clubs have never had it so good, yet they're STILL not happy, they want that elite status GUARANTEED without having to work for it. If they go they go but it should be made VERY clear...it's a one way ticket, no coming back with tails between legs in 5 years time

This move however, would have the effect of seriously levelling up the playing field

I stopped watching football back in 2012 when Man City pipped Man Utd to the title, that was the clearest indication to me that football was no longer a competitive sport but now merely a business. The fact a Billionaire could come in and take a no hope team and turn them into champions has never sat well with me. There have been mega rich teams in football for decades but even with Man United in the 90's I felt as though the football was the focal point and they became marketable because of that, the class of 92 of course helped. City and Chelsea aren't football teams, they're a toy and nothing more.

The trickle down aspect of the pyramid system in football will be devastating for a lot of clubs, teams who rely on the 'big six' from both a business and sporting point of view. The loanees will dry up and there will be a monopoly on top level talent.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 19 Apr 2021, 5:03 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

I stopped watching football back in 2012 when Man City pipped Man Utd to the title, that was the clearest indication to me that football was no longer a competitive sport but now merely a business. The fact a Billionaire could come in and take a no hope team and turn them into champions has never sat well with me. There have been mega rich teams in football for decades but even with Man United in the 90's I felt as though the football was the focal point and they became marketable because of that, the class of 92 of course helped. City and Chelsea aren't football teams, they're a toy and nothing more.

The trickle down aspect of the pyramid system in football will be devastating for a lot of clubs, teams who rely on the 'big six' from both a business and sporting point of view. The loanees will dry up and there will be a monopoly on top level talent.

Funnily enough I turned off it in a big way in 2012 as well for a slightly different financial reason. My team was singled out as a test case by HMRC for the supposed illegal use of EBTs (employee benefit trusts) - which btw most Premiership clubs were using as were on a smaller scale our biggest rivals. HMRC effectively branded them guilty BEFORE trial and the "alleged" debt took them into administration. Such was/is the goldfish bowl parochial nature of Scottish football, the Scottish league quite gleefully threw them under a bus. But at least the climb back from oblivion has been quite a ride and the sweetness of regaining the pinnacle position 9 years on has been most enjoyable :-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 19 Apr 2021, 9:38 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
JAS wrote:

City no worse then Chelsea. Chelsea no worse then Bkackburn. And in recent years Leicester. Football has always had rich people invest in it. Sunderland were known as the bank of England club in the 30s or something.

I have no issues with money in football, I do have issues with an arbitrary decision on who is or isnt a big club.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:12 am

I don't think you can compare Leicester to Chelsea or City, yes they spent a reasonable amount of money on their rise through the leagues but nothing astronomical. At no point have they been under investigation for their financial dealings like Man City who are a truly shamefully run 'football club'.

It was funny seeing Micah Richards squirm yesterday, insisting that this had nothing to do with Man City and their hand had effectively been forced by the other clubs. Does he not realise how devastating clubs like City are to football? I presume he does but those inflated wages seem to make any problems go away.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:20 am

beninho wrote:

City no worse then Chelsea. Chelsea no worse then Bkackburn. And in recent years Leicester.  Football has always had rich people invest in it. Sunderland were known as the bank of England club in the 30s or something.  

I have no issues with money in football, I do have issues with an arbitrary decision on who is or isnt a big club.

Ben, Jack Walker was a wealthy man and a fan, he wanted to help the club he supported as a boy. Abramovich, the Glazers etc are a whole different level of dodgy wealth and they were NEVER fans of the clubs they now own. They see their clubs as assets and instruments that can be used for money laundering and tax avoidance. I’m not saying football used to be always financially squeaky clean, it wasn’t, but these greedy crooks have taken it to a completely different level. To be fair they’re exploiting the mess the that the governance of the game is in.

Why have PSG not joined? They are owned by Qatar, the World Cup is in Qatar next year, it would put FIFA in a very awkward place. L

I’ve been disgusted for years at how money has skewed and ruined football so in a way I’m glad that this nonsense has surfaced that will hopefully make everyone realise that sporting merit should dictate football NOT greed and elitism.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=70175

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20