The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
ralphjohn69
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TM2K
Shotrock
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Davie
pedro
dynamark
westisbest
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
navyblueshorts
McLaren
super_realist
Soul Requiem
beninho
22 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:23 pm

Piers Morgan is clearly a c0ck.

My interest in any of the royals is minimal. I'm neither for or against them.

Surely anyone with a slight bit of sense can see the scrutiny put on Markle along with press intrusion. It's quite easy to understand that this could cause stress and anxiety.

I just don't understand people who think she's making it all up, just because that's what they want to think.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:12 pm

I think it because it blatantly true. She imagined marrying into the royal family meant the fairytale lifestyle and when it didn't turn out that way threw her toys out the pram. Embellishing numerous falsehoods in a televised interview because all she wanted was privacy. Anyone buying into her rubbish has been had.

Soul Requiem

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Well, for a start she won a court case against a newspaper due to privacy. So, its quite easy to see where she could face stress and anxiety.

But, you can choose to believe against what someone says for for your own reasons.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:40 pm

There is literally no reason to think she's lying about anything, unless you want to think it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm

Wants privacy but tells the world about her private life, hmmm.

There's as many reasons to believe she's lying as there are to believe she's telling the truth. It purely boils down to a personal feeling, you want to believe her, I choose not to.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:54 pm

You aren't one of those who don't understand the difference with controlling what you tell people and how you do it and having other people try and gain or publish information not from the person.

I tell you I had cheerios for breakfast is one thing
You find out what I had for breakfast by spying or going through my bins is totally different.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Wants privacy but tells the world about her private life, hmmm.

There's as many reasons to believe she's lying as there are to believe she's telling the truth. It purely boils down to a personal feeling, you want to believe her, I choose not to.

This the same person who wouldn't give an opinion on a number of things without having full facts. Willing the shout liar due to his feelings.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 pm

So many excuses yet again Ben, you're such an apologist for hypocrites. You either want privacy or you don't, it's quite simple.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:08 pm

People should be able to manage their own privacy. It's pretty simple. Giving an interview on tv doesn't mean print private letters, like tge daily mail. Its not anything goes. Its really basic.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 pm

So kind of like bringing up the private lives of others as she did during the interview?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:41 am

The main issue for me is: What the hell did she expect when marrying Harry?

I mean, it can hardly be a surprise that the British tabloid press is in a league of its own, just as the royal family is a madhouse.

Clearly she didn’t realise she married into an institution where she had to give up her previous life/identity and where everything isn’t about her.

So either she was/is incredibly naive, or Harry just didn’t prepare her well enough for the role. Or both.

Regardless, I doubt the tabloid press will leave them alone now.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:45 am

https://twitter.com/JolyonRubs/status/1370090901121478662?s=19

Piers Morgan is creepy as fk.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:54 am

Those anti cancel culture lot, must be up in arms over the Mash Report being cancelled.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Seriously creepy behaviour from Morgan.

Just further highlighting (as if it were needed) what women have been saying this week about men behaving in ways that are very threatening.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:41 pm

Hoy, Wiggins, Froome, other

Who is about to be outed?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/56367117
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Could get messy for the bikers but we always look with a bit of suspicion at winners probably goes back to old tour de france stuff .Im not sure how drugs help golf

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:07 am

The govt pushing through an anti protest bill. Mainly to appeal to people against BLM. But, if watching women expressing concerns about safety getting heavy handed by the police worries you. This whole bill shoukd worry you.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:13 am

I'm all for it, if idiots decide they are above lockdown laws then this is the result. They only have themselves to blame and I fully back the government in taking stronger action.

Soul Requiem

westisbest likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:21 am

McLaren wrote:
Just further highlighting (as if it were needed) what women have been saying this week about men behaving in ways that are very threatening.
Hopefully those protests and hashtags do the trick, and those bad men turn over a new leaf in double quick time.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:21 am

Soul Requiem wrote:I'm all for it, if idiots decide they are above lockdown laws then this is the result. They only have themselves to blame and I fully back the government in taking stronger action.

The bill isn't anything to do with lockdown. It's to do with protesting, even down to a single person.  I think its hard to live in a country that wants to clamp down on protesting.

I remember when the govt and its supporters claimed to care about free speech. All of a few weeks ago...

Last edited by beninho on Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:23 am

Soul Requiem wrote:I'm all for it, if idiots decide they are above lockdown laws then this is the result. They only have themselves to blame and I fully back the government in taking stronger action.

Though, just to clarify, you think the police action was fair and reasonable? Especially compared to all other protests or gatherings you've seen?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:30 am

beninho wrote:

The bill isn't anything to do with lockdown. It's to do with protesting, even down to a single person.  I think its hard to live in a country that wants to clamp down on protesting.

It is partially a result of the protests during lockdown most notably Extinction Rebellion. If you want to blame anyone blame them. It's so hard living in the UK isn't it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:31 am

beninho wrote:

Though, just to clarify, you think the police action was fair and reasonable? Especially compared to all other protests or gatherings you've seen?

I'm not really overly bothered, the root cause of the action was breaking the law.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:34 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:

It is partially a result of the protests during lockdown most notably Extinction Rebellion. If you want to blame anyone blame them. It's so hard living in the UK isn't it.

I remember when you claimed to fight for free speech, what happened to you.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:38 am

This has nothing to do with free speech. Free speech does not allow you the right to cause disruption and or distraction to organisations. If you protest in such a way as to not do that then carry but when that line is crossed then action should be taken.

The Extinction Rebellion protests in 2019 were shameful and are a major reason for this bill.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:44 am

Man, wants action taken against people with different views to himself. What I like about you is you are just as blinkered and shirt sighted as the rest of us, just on a different side of the fence.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:48 am

I dont think you can be against one protest and support another. Though I can understand why people would protest. I do though think the police were very heavy handed, and played this terribly. Especially when it's the optics of a serving officer charged with murdering a lobe female which brought the vigil on. To then see police officers man handling women is not a good look.

There will be a high profile resignation for this I'd guess.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:50 am

What has this got to do with different views to mine?

I am for action being taken to reduce the countries carbon emissions I am for highlighting abuses woman, I am for equal rights irrespective of race. I however am not for protests that disrupt business.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:54 am

Soul Requiem wrote:What has this got to do with different views to mine?

I am for action being taken to reduce the countries carbon emissions  I am for highlighting abuses woman, I am for equal rights irrespective of race. I however am not for protests that disrupt business.

Do you think a single person protesting on his own, like the EU guy outside Parliament shoukd be forcibly removed or detained?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:56 am

If he causes disruption or causes a public disturbance then yes.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:57 am

Soul Requiem wrote:If he causes disruption or causes a public disturbance then yes.

How do you think people should protest?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:58 am

I've stated that previously, do try to keep up.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:05 am

Well, you started off saying about something causing disruption to an organisation l, then something that impacts business then just a public disturbance.

So basically something quiet causing no disturbance to anyone.
Do you hate the protests in other parts of the world? Such as Hong Kong or Belarus?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:09 am

I'm not concerned by protests in other parts of the world, that is an issue for citizens and governments of those countries.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:35 am

But, surely, you accept that protesting has helped and changed things for the better for a number of people?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:32 am

Soul Requiem wrote:What has this got to do with different views to mine?

I am for action being taken to reduce the countries carbon emissions  I am for highlighting abuses woman, I am for equal rights irrespective of race. I however am not for protests that disrupt business.

So effectively you subscribe (as if we didn't know already) very firmly to the view that power, wealth and opportunity should firmly reside with the few and never be allowed to percolate down to the many? If this is not the case in what way would you propose that the disenfranchised in whatever sphere make their case in a way that is not disruptive but still effective when powerful vested interests have no inclination to pay the slightest bit of attention?

The right of protest is absolutely fundamental to a healthy democracy, the more it is suppressed the more tension builds up then suddenly out of nowhere a straw breaks a camels back and you have a bloody revolution.

The summary of your approach would appear to be

SR: "We shouldn't do that, its not good for the planet in the long run"
Fossil Fuel Industry: " F*** you, We'll do what we want, because we make loads of money and you plebs have to accept that that's the way it is"
SR: "Oh ok then, that's fine, we wouldn't want to cause you any inconvenience"

Like...that'll work!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:05 am

The government want to increase the maximum sentence for damaging a statue to 10years. While a minimum sentence for r@pe is 5 years. Therefore it stands to reason that they believe in some instances statue damaging is worse then r@pe.

Surely, they aren't just banging the statue stuff in order to keep their supporters frothing.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:09 am

beninho wrote:The government want to increase the maximum sentence for damaging a statue to 10years. While a minimum sentence for r@pe is 5 years. Therefore it stands to reason that they believe in some instances statue damaging is worse then r@pe.

Surely, they aren't just banging the statue stuff in order to keep their supporters frothing.

Yeah but statues are cold hearted b@5t@*^s too Ben so they’re looking after their own. :-p

On the other side the political coin though. EU countries really seem to have shat their pants over the AZ vaccine. If I was an EU citizen now I’d be bloody fuming. Much as I hate to say it, it’s a perfect vindication of the kind of thought processes that drove many to vote leave.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:14 am

On the vaccine front despite protestations to the contrary I cannot help but think this politicking by certain countries. 37 cases of blood clots across 27 million people is nothing, in fact it's lower than you'd expect when considering these are the most vulnerable in society.

There is growing anger on the continent as highlighted by the recent German elections.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:35 am

Not the EU though is it. Its separate countries wanting extra checks, including Thailand, Indonesia, Norway and Iceland. America has yet to pass it.

If anything the EU - ema said its fine to continue.

I had the AZ and my second is in a few weeks, but we have to be willing to accept that it was a punt by the government, and a risk with still an experimental drug.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:37 am

No one said it was the EU!

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:46 am

https://twitter.com/BoozeAndFagz/status/1371748021692682240?s=19

I have no idea who Julie Birchell is apart from seemingly being obe if thosee anti woke types. Anyway, she seems like a not very nice person.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:57 am

beninho wrote:Not the EU though is it. Its separate countries wanting extra checks, including Thailand, Indonesia, Norway and Iceland. America has yet to pass it.

If anything the EU - ema said its fine to continue.

I had the AZ and my second is in a few weeks, but we have to be willing to accept that it was a punt by the government, and a risk with still an experimental drug.  

It’s many countries in the bloc (as well as a few outside). The central point though is that the incidence of clots is NOT above any long term average. To halt a vaccine rollout, a vaccine that will basically get this pandemic under control globally is not just on incompetent and political posturing it’s actually bordering on the criminally insane. With regards the EU itself, if it can’t issue a directive to its member states asking them to follow WHO advice in a way that member states will comply you then call into question the relevance of the EU.

I know it’s an ever changing picture and substantially different demographics BUT we are now dropping down the daily infection, hospitalisation and death tables like a stone, not because we’ve suddenly become good at being socially distant and compliant with other rules, it’s because masses of us have been vaccinated. I was quick and not shy about laying into our government when they were toiling (and rightly so because they were) but even I can happily admit that the gamble on the vaccine is paying off massively. Doesnt make us perfect, of course not but i look at those countries politicking over the AZ vaccine, shake my head in disbelief and feel glad I don’t live there.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:16 pm

My understanding is that in Norway, which isn't EU so no reason to be political, and has low numbers of covid deaths 640.  With 3 people all suffering the same symptoms after having the vaccine.  While they haven't said it is linked, it's understanding why they may want to investigate.  It is under 50s aswell, who in Norway appear to have been barely hit. I've also seen that Norway didn't offer AZ to over 65 anyway.

But they are not in the same ball park as us with regards to overall numbers, so probably can be a bit more selective.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:26 pm

Norway are part of Schengen and EFTA so have every reason to be political. Their fisheries have also been affected by the Brexit deal.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:35 pm

So, do you think the Norwegian medicine agency are acting in a politically motivated manner, to stop AZ for a short period, due to impact on recently vaccinated health care workers, due to fishing and brexit?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:22 pm

Ben

I think it is equally likely that people in government are just bad at science.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:09 pm

beninho wrote:So, do you think the Norwegian medicine agency are acting in a politically motivated manner, to stop AZ for a short period, due to impact on recently vaccinated health care workers, due to fishing and brexit?

Based on the information provided by the EMA, WHO and regulators throughout Europe yes I do.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

Kids, never go full batsh/t crazy conspiracy nutjob. It just makes you look daft.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:40 pm

How do we get back those pesky brits with that brexit.

I tell you what, that astrazeneca jab. What we can do is claim its linked to 2 deaths and pause it for a while.

That will show them.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next