The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who do you support and why?

+60
disneychilly
offload
ScarletSpiderman
mankiaow
wpcc
Dougie
red_stag
MR. scotland27
nathan
Turkster
Gunner
Gaelic-Warrior
Breadvan
Mad for Chelsea
dubh_linn
geoff998rugby
TrailApe
doctor_grey
mrsuperclear
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Taylorman
mr-bryns-attitude
B91212
Feckless Rogue
InjuredYetAgain
welshy824
PJHolybloke
Shifty
Cymroglan
Totallybiasedscarlet
robbo277
Gibson
ML
bathmad
Billy Hunt
greybeard
dogtooth
Londonharlequin
plenth
Portnoy
Luckless Pedestrian
wales606
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Looseheaded
Eustace H Plimsoll
BridgendBoyo
snoopster
RuggerRadge2611
SubsBench
Glas a du
maestegmafia
propdavid_london
Effervescing Elephant
bedfordwelsh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
rodders
Mickado
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Notch
BATH_BTGOG
64 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who do you support and why?

Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap4%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 8 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap2%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 4 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap3%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 7 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 4 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap1%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap0%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap6%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 12 ]
[ 9 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap8%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 16 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 8 ]
[ 6 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap5%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 11 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap10%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 21 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
Who do you support and why? Vote_lcap5%Who do you support and why? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 211

Who do you support and why? Empty Who do you support and why?

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

Seen this done on another sport and thought it might be interesting to see who follows who on the rugby board.

Its a multi option so you can select your favourite Jeff, ML, SUPER15 teams couldn't fit in ALL the Top 14

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:17 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Enabled vote-cancelling so people can "correct" their choices - KiwiRedDevil)
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Who do you support and why? Empty Re: Who do you support and why?

Post by Notch Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

100% of respondents support Ulster so far Very Happy
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:21 pm

Bah, our lead was short lived indeed!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

I voted twice (once for Exeter Chiefs and once for 'OTHER' = London Scottish), hope that's ok - my justification for being greedy and picking two is that I have season tickets for both thumbsup Chiefs cos Devon is where my family home is now, and Scottish cos well, I'm Scottish, and like to have something to do of a weekend when stuck in London thru work

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:25 pm

My choice is Bath born and bred,
Cardiff Blues seen them play a lot,
Crusaders followed them from the start of the super 12 can't remember why?
Toulon - Wilko!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:27 pm

Did you vote for all four teams?

My choice is Ulster. That'll surprise a lot of people that follow my posts Whistle

Asbo, glad we could clear up our little misunderstanding from the other night kiss Ale
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:28 pm

My choice is the Scarlets.

Born and raised in Carmarthenshire in Wales, first supported Llanelli as they were the only Welsh prem team near me, then when the game went regional it was as natural as breathing for me to support the Scarlets.

My Dad has also supported Llanelli and then Scarlets for the last 40 years. You could just say it's in my blood Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:29 pm

Notch wrote:Did you vote for all four teams?

My choice is Ulster. That'll surprise a lot of people that follow my posts Whistle

Asbo, glad we could clear up our little misunderstanding from the other night kiss Ale

Notch Hug back at ye - couldn't quite believe what I was reading, so v glad that it was simply a matter of misunderstanding thumbsup

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

My choice is Leinster, I didn’t read the post and just hit “Vote”.

I follow Leinster because I’m from there.
My favourite teams in other leagues are as follows – Exeter, because As gave me a chiefs mug (thank you As!). ASM Clermont because I had a great time with their fans the last 2 times they’ve been to Dublin, and pretty much every Leinster fan wanted them to win the Top14 last year. In the S15, it’s the Brumbies, pretty much for the Rocky factor.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

I support Ulster because I'm from Ulster. SUFTUM!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:32 pm

Tigers, not because I have a lot of friend and family links to the club and was born and raised in Leicester ...but because I hate the Ospreys that much.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:33 pm

Welsh and Ebbw Vale born and bred so they have always been my first teams.

Have now taken to the dark side Wink and follow the Dragons.

Always have an affinity with Gloucester due to watching them with friends and memories of the old Anglo Welsh games in the 70s & 80s
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

Exeter boy born and bred. Also have a soft spot now for Glaws as they were our 'first' in the Jeff.

Like the way Scarlets play and who doesn't like Leinster?

Haven't really seen enough Top14 to have a favourite but i suppose it would be Toulon just for Sir Johnny of Wilkinson.
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Tigers, not because I have a lot of friend and family links to the club and was born and raised in Leicester ...but because I hate the Ospreys that much.

That's a bit... interesting, let's put it like that.

My favourite other teams would be Dragons, Glasgow and I don't really have a preference in the English and French leagues. It tends to change a lot.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
who doesn't like Leinster?

You havent met many Munster fans have you Wink

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Effervescing Elephant Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:

You havent met many Munster fans have you Wink

Was hoping for something like that! My feeble attempt at a minor wumette! Rolling Eyes
Effervescing Elephant
Effervescing Elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:

Sin E for a start Wink
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:40 pm

Quins - Local team and Dad supported them.
London Irish probably were more local when based in Sunbury, but used to play them at minis and couldnt support a rival!
Plenty of other local teams -
Esher
Richmond
Lon Scotts
Lon Welsh
Roslyn Park
Will support all local sides, but I would only travel to see Quins away.

PS. I would probably support the Cornish Pirates if promoted - if only to spend the evening dressed as a pirate and oooh arrrgh'ing to bar staff!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Tigers, not because I have a lot of friend and family links to the club and was born and raised in Leicester ...but because I hate the Ospreys that much.

Wow, what an appallingly childish post.

I thought there was a great level of maturity on V2 but obviously not.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

maestegmafia wrote:

Wow, what an appallingly childish post.

I thought there was a great level of maturity on V2 but obviously not.

I think it’s pretty funny in fairness.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

Scarlets. They are special to me.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:50 pm

Growing up, Llanelli were the 'big' team in the area, all other clubs were unofficial feeder clubs. When regionalisation came in I just continued to support them (I obviously live in their Region). However I also moved from a small village - so small it doesnt even have a team (might just have been able to make up a sevens team without subs), and moved to the nearest town so have started supporting them more that I used to.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

By Divisions
Prem - Quins
Championship - Esher
Nat League 1 - London Scotts
Nat League 2 South - Richmond
Magners - Edinburgh
Top 14 - Toulon
SuperRugby - Rebels (underdogs+Delve, Lipman, Cipriani)

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:53 pm

Edinburgh, I'm a Fifer so they are my local pro team.

Highlanders, mainly beacause I like their Emblem and also the southern Island of New Zealand has very Strong Scottish connections.

Gloucester, again Scottish interest, a lot of Scots lads in that team , Redpath, Strok, Jim Hamilton, Scot and Rory Lawson....
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

My Career has spanned living in a variety of Countries and I am now residing near my home Village in South Wales.

Glyncorrwg RFC was my local team, my families connections go back four generations all of us having represented them at some point, senior and youth. I always supported Swansea as a kid though Neath or Maesteg were the closer big teams. I played for Maesteg RFC a few times prior to leaving for University.

In london I supported London Welsh, I played for Richmond a bit at this time but I could not fully commit to rugby as my career was too encompassing.

I have also lived in Sydney, though in the Rugby League suburb of Manly, Auckland where my good friend, and a fellow welshman, was a former prop for Hawkes Bay and when i lived in Dublin I regularly watched Leinster usually because they played against the Welsh teams in the Celtic League.

These days I follow and support the local club, and all the regions but with a greater passion for the Ospreys over the others, though if we are not playing them my heart can be firmly with any of the welsh regions. I guess more than anything I am just a great fan of Welsh Rugby, never adhering to the inter club petulance that other supporters do.

My greatest pride and Passion is in the Welsh team and their counterpart U20s, Womens and 7 sides.

I have started to become an avid fan of the youth teams and of the premiership, where my childhood team Swansea RFC still play. I really enjoy watching the future prospects playing a decent brand of rugby in a competitive league, I enjoy all the old names of great clubs that still exist.

I would like to see Wales put far more emphasis on Schools rugby. I fear that the young lads in my family havent the competition i remember we had when i was young. And welsh schools rugby is certainly not on a par with the elite schools of England, Ireland, Scotland, Australia, SA or New Zealand. Something I hope we will come to understand as a valid entity in the next few years.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by snoopster Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:03 pm

Tigers, I inherited my support of them from my parents who went to university there.

I've got a soft spot for the Chiefs as well, from having been to Exeter university myself.

snoopster

Back to top Go down

Post by BridgendBoyo Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

Ospreys, Bridgend, and Treorchy

I was a warriors supporter, but i had to support another region for obvious reasons. Ive been supporting the Ospreys since they dropped the Neath Swansea tag.

I was born in the Rhondda but brought up in Bridgend. As a kid i used to go and watch both Bridgend and Treorchy play.

I keep a look out for Pencoed RFC and Bridgend Athletic RFC as i used to play for them in mini and junior rugby

BridgendBoyo

Back to top Go down

Post by Eustace H Plimsoll Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:10 pm

I support Leicester because my Dad is from there, and he got me into rugby by taking me to Leicester games when I was ten or so.

Harlequins are my local team and I have a soft spot for them too. I have family in South Devon and went there all the time as a kid so I like Exeter as well.

And I went to uni in Bristol and love the place so they get a thumbs up also!

Eustace H Plimsoll

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

Cardiff Blues and Dragons. Basically because the family comes from Cardiff, and I love the Dragon's underdog status and commitment. As far as English teams go, it'd have ot be Quins, as I grew up in Twickenham, and London Welsh, as that was where I played.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:17 pm

Crusaders for me, as the region covers Marlborough where I grew up and Christchurch which was home for 12 years.

INL Cup, Tasman (the union formed by merging Marlborough (yay!) with Nelson Bays (boo hiss!) and Canterbury

I have a soft spot for a few NH teams, largely based on those that friends support:
London Scottish
Exeter
Wasps
Leinster
Munster
Agen
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:23 pm

Cardiff Blues, since I live in Cardiff and im not a glory Ospreys supporter (Wink) - Also, I like the players attitudes (even if I dont like the managments)

I also support the other Welsh regions, normally depending on whose playing the best rugby, so I supported the Scarlets as my 2nd team this year (and the Dragons last year)

Outside of Wales, I tend to support Leinster in Europe because they like to run the ball and are an excellent team to watch.

Ill always support an underdog in a game though, (unless the Blues are playing Wink)
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:43 pm

I support the Dragons. I'm from Newport, who else would I support?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:52 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:I support the Dragons. I'm from Newport, who else would I support?

Cardiff?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:54 pm

BATH_BTGOG, I'll support the Blues if they're playing a non-Welsh club/region/province. But that's as far as it goes!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:57 pm

BATH_BTGOG wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:I support the Dragons. I'm from Newport, who else would I support?

Cardiff?

Thats like asking you if you would support Gloucester or Brissle isnt it ? Local rivalry...!

Dragons are a fine team, I think everyone in Wales admires their play, especially under Darren Edwards.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm

Good man Luckless

maesteg, relax son it was tonge in cheek!
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:11 pm

I was born and bred in Leicester. Who else should I support?

Bath maybe <pause for thought>. Er, no.

Ospreys that would be a good one!

Nurse! I need some medication. I'm going delirious again.
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by plenth Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:17 pm

I've never pledged my allegiance to a team. I've played since I was 8yo, but don't come from a rugby family, so didn't have any club traditions to follow, and although I played to a pretty decent level, didn't get into watching club rugby till the end of my teens. By that stage I decided not to dedicate my attention to a team but just try and enjoy all matches. That being said, my more local grounds are the ones I turn up at more frequently. That was Leeds when I was at university there at the turn of the millenium and the London teams at all other times. Will always accompany friends going to support their teams as well.

Probably the only exception to preferring a team in a competition is Hurricanes in Super Rugby. I was in awe of Cullen as a teenager, so would always try and watch as much of him as possible.

plenth

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

I was in a meeting/conference few weeks back and the talk got around to rugby.

To my amazement then was a Gloucester lad there that supported the Tigers, I was quite stunned at this as thought Gloucester the Shed and Kingsholm was part of the gene make up and bred into them.

When I questioned the individual further he said he moved away from there late teens and his now wife is a Tigers fan.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BATH_BTGOG Mon 13 Jun 2011, 3:55 pm

Thats shocking Bedford!

I can't imagine anyone from Gloucester moving Very Happy
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Londonharlequin Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:16 pm

Harlequins, because they're my local team and first match I ever saw was Quins vs Gloucester!

Londonharlequin

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:19 pm

blues.

saw nigel walker score a length-of-the-field try in a wales club cup final when i was a lad. been a cardiff fan since then. also, spent most of my adult life living in cardiff just a short walk from the CAP

bloooohs!
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

I voted for all four provinces. It's a four-way provincial love in as far as I'm concerned. randy

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Billy Hunt Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Edinburgh as from there but also support Glasgow-other Scottish team, Northampton as go a couple of times a year and the mighty Diss RFC, the premier team in my adopted county of Norfolk.

Billy Hunt

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm

Barf. Used to live there!

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by ML Mon 13 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

Ospreys - I may be hugely critical of the coaches but Swansea is "home"

Scarlets - Live in Carmarthen and love the way they play Rugby

London Welsh - lived close to the ground for 20 years!

Toulouse - went to quite a few games there when I worked down there - GREAT place to watch rugby

ML

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:00 pm

Leinster. Blue Blood. Born in Dublin. Went through all the disappointments and nearly-days with them. But never stopped believing. Now, it's payback time. I love the way we strive to play the game too. Connacht are my 2nd Irish team - just for the pure romance of it all.

Clontarf RFC - it's my home and local team.

In Wales - Scarlets - just love watching them play.

In England - London Irish. It goes back. Great fans too. Soft spot for Exeter Chiefs as well - due to a certain poster mate of mine. He's 1 in a 100. Admire them and how they have diligently gone about their business.

In France - Agen. Just think that they are a super club, having experienced their promotion a year a go. It was magic.

In Scotland - Edinburgh. Love the city and we have a long rivalry.

Can I vote for them all OP? Be nice to see a PR spread.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:06 pm

Dragons. Rodney Parade is a great place to watch rugby and it is my local region, so the more Gwent orientated they became, the easier it became to support them.

Have had a season ticket the past two seasons. There's no better feeling than being able to watch the team I love week in, week out in a ground as opposed to from my armchair.

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon 13 Jun 2011, 5:16 pm

Living in the South East of England, I don't really have a local club, but I find myself with various affinities to different top Premiership clubs.

Leicester - Grandfather was from there
Saracens - no-one likes them and their only crime in my opinion is that they've started to win, so I often find myself defending them. Also used to play junior rugby with Noah Cato. Oh yeah, and Richard Hill is my hero.
Gloucester - sorry, but I feel nothing for Gloucester. Support them in Europe and they've got exciting backs, but they get enough plaudits without me throwing my weight behind them.
Northampton - no-one likes them and their only crime in my opinion is that they've started to win, so I often find myself defending them. Also used to play junior rugby with Noah Cato. Oh yeah, and Chris Ashton is my hero. Wink
Bath - went to Uni there
London Irish - another team I don't feel much for. And the amateur side beat us twice last season, so screw them!
Harlequins - my most localest Premiership club. And I used to play junior rugby with Jordan Turner-Hall.

It stops there really. To be honest I only like Leicester, Bath and Quins (don't actively support any of them), but will cheer for all English clubs in Europe.

Outside England, it's all about Stade Francais for the kit and Toulon for St Jonny.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

England teams 16 votes out of 13 Clubs

Ireland teams 23 votes out of four Provinces

Wales 19 Votes out of four Regions

Scotland 2 out of 2 Regions

Italy 0 out of 2 Regions

NZ is 5 out of 5 franchises

Aus 0 out of 5 franchises

SA 5 out of 5 franchises

France 3 out of 9 teams

Interesting to see the make up of the frequent user fan base... definitely more Welsh and irish users than any others currently on the site...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next