The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26

+32
Brendan
Welshmushroom
lostinwales
Tramptastic
CaptainHaddock
Dollar Bill
sensisball
nickj
mikey_dragon
Gicater
Anglobraveheart
Mcsweens
TheMildlyFranticLlama
LeinsterFan4life
Kingshu
TJ
Pete330v2
Highland Shaun
formerly known as Sam
tigertattie
RiscaGame
demosthenes
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
bsando
EST
George Carlin
NeilyBroon
RDW
BigGee
Hazel Sapling
36 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26 - Page 4 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26

Post by Hazel Sapling Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

A continuation on previous threads discussing the past, the present and the future of Scottish rugby. A dose a day, keeps optimism away

Halfway through a Covid season and not far from the Rainbow cups, both teams are on the precipice of missing out on the top tier in Europe next year. The Rainbow Cup is a well thought out idea of including sides from South Africa, the home to a new Covid variant that vaccines may not work on, with international travel involving several regions of Europe.

Glasgow Squad

LH: Kebble, Bhatti, Lambert
Hooker: F Brown, Turner, Stewart, Matthews,
TH: Z Fagerson, Berghan, Pieretto, McCallum, McQuillan
Locks: Cummings, R Gray, Harley, McDonald, Bain, Bean
Back Row: Wilson, Gordon, M Fagerson, Darge, Dempsey, Miller, G Brown

SH: Price, G Horne, Dobie, Kennedy
FH: Weir, Miotti, P Horne, Thompson
Centres: S Johnson, McDowall, Tuipulotu, Grigg, Fergusson
Back Three: McLean, Forbes, McKay, Cancelliere, Tagive, Steyn, O Smith

Edinburgh Squad

LH: Schoeman, Venter, Grahamslaw
Hooker: McInally, Cherry, McBurney, Harrison
TH: Nel, De Bruin, Atalifo, Williams
Locks: Gilchrist, Toolis, Young, Hodgson, Sykes, Phillips
Back Row: Mata, Ritchie, Watson, Bradbury, Crosbie, Haining, Boyle, Kunavula, Muncaster

SH: Pyrgos, Vellacott, Shiel
FH: VDW, Chamberlain, Savala
Centres: Lang, Taylor, Bennett, Dean, Johnstone, Venter, Currie, Hutchison
Back Three: Graham, Kinghorn, Hoyland, Blain, Bofelli, Moyano, Immelman, Owsley

Previous Thread
https://www.606v2.com/t69760-the-glasgow-and-edinburgh-general-chat-discussions-are-limited-to-6-people-before-10pm-to-prevent-the-spread-of-jimboish
https://www.606v2.com/t69555-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-24-covid-funtimes?highlight=banter
https://www.606v2.com/t69038-glasgow-and-edinburgh-banter-thread-no-23-new-season-new-thread?highlight=banter

Last edited by Hazel Sapling on Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:58 pm; edited 13 times in total

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:44 pm

RDW wrote:
TJ wrote:We are really being killed by the internationals this year.  How many 1st choice players missing?

The side still had more than enough experience to not be so awful. Lots of first/second choices playing.

Totally agree. No excuses. The strategy isn't quite right and the backs are particularly useless once again.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26 - Page 4 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh Ongoing Banter Thread 26

Post by RDW Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:47 pm

I didn't actually see any of it but seeing the comments on social media I gather we were rotten.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 pm

Just the usual issues. Lacking accuracy and composure. Backs look like they've never met on a training ground before, and we remain reliant on individuals like Schoeman and Mata to "do something".

I'm very torn on Cockerill. He's improved us dramatically, but I have a nagging feeling that these issues won't be fixed on his watch. P45 for Hodge is long overdue as well.

funnyExiledScot

bsando likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:54 pm

We've been saying the same things since the season restarted last year. And to be fair the same the season before that but at least we were winning!

What happened to those Champs Cup games where we played some incredible attacking rugby?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:09 am

Is hodge there by virtue of the SRU?

Cockers Doesn’t strike me as the fella who’d be told what to do and if he didn’t want hodge he’d get shot surely?

Hodge really really really has to go.

Send him to Glasgow if the SRU want to keep him on their books.
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:30 am

tigertattie wrote:Is hodge there by virtue of the SRU?

Cockers Doesn’t strike me as the fella who’d be told what to do and if he didn’t want hodge he’d get shot surely?

Hodge really really really has to go.

Send him to Glasgow if the SRU want to keep him on their books.

Nah he can go to the states. Great learning opportunity far far away from any Scottish backs.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:56 am

Pretty dire stuff from Edinburgh, I watched it when I got home from work last night.

About the only positive I could see was that Mata looks like he is coming back into form, finally back in shape.

The less said about the rest of it the better.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:47 am

Gilchrist seemed to be only guy they throw to in the line out, at least in the second half. Munster were just looking to throw a jumper up next to him every line out, easy stuff.

Backs looked too deep as always, no interesting plays or invention when Edinburgh had an attacking opportunity.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:54 am

bsando wrote:Gilchrist seemed to be only guy they throw to in the line out, at least in the second half. Munster were just looking to throw a jumper up next to him every line out, easy stuff.

Backs looked too deep as always, no interesting plays or invention when Edinburgh had an attacking opportunity.

It really does beggar belief that Hodge hasn't even been flagged up on the backs in the press. You get the impression he's just waiting in the wings for promotion or until the SRU move him on.

The competent young coaches like Roddy grant have been snapped up elsewhere with a fraction of the experience that Hodge has. Why don't they promote someone like cairns if they want Scottish coaching talent. He's also someone who has been in Edinburgh colours and probably has more attacking creativeness in his pinky than Hodge has had in his whole career.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:07 am

I'm just staggered no one in the media has ever plucked up the courage to ask Cockers if he's actually happy with our attacking abilities.

RDW
Founder
Founder

bsando and NeilyBroon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:11 am

I hope Tom English is reading this...

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:15 am

The have a good old moan about it in their BBC Scotland commentary but no one ever presses him on it. It's far too pally.

RDW
Founder
Founder

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:59 pm

Just read on Twitter that it's a year to the day since a Scottish side last beat an Irish side in the Pro 14 (Edinburgh V Connacht).

Happy Monday/Sunday!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:35 pm

Makes ya greet flounder

Connacht are the “worst” of the Irish teams with only 7 wins to their name

That 7 wins is equal to Edinburgh and Glasgow’s win total combined

Depressing eh
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 am

RDW wrote:Just read on Twitter that it's a year to the day since a Scottish side last beat an Irish side in the Pro 14 (Edinburgh V Connacht).

Happy Monday/Sunday!

Which feccin day is it?
How can we celebrate an anniversary if we don't know what day it is?
We send you down under to educate the colonials and you go native!
Come on Flounder, get a grip.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:33 am

jimbopip wrote:
RDW wrote:Just read on Twitter that it's a year to the day since a Scottish side last beat an Irish side in the Pro 14 (Edinburgh V Connacht).

Happy Monday/Sunday!

Which feccin day is it?
How can we celebrate an anniversary if we don't know what day it is?
We send you down under to educate the colonials and you go native!
Come on Flounder, get a grip.

We'll call him Flounder McFly from now on!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:04 am

Haining the latest Edinburgh back row to sign on. By my reckoning that's them all signed up again except Bradbury, unless I've missed something?

He signed in 2020 for an unspecified length so may still be in contract.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Kelly Brown to leave Glasgow at thd dnd of the month and return to London where he has got an as yet un named position.

That has been rumoured for a while as his familly were struggling to settle during the pandemic.

Shame it did not work out for him this time snd wish thdm well for the future.

I wonder who we will get to replace him?

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:41 pm

I'd be giving Scott Murray a call. Who needs sunshine in San Diego when you can have rain in Renfrewshire?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:33 am

RDW wrote:Haining the latest Edinburgh back row to sign on. By my reckoning that's them all signed up again except Bradbury, unless I've missed something?

He signed in 2020 for an unspecified length so may still be in contract.

Seems strange to stockpile so much talent in the BR when there are areas of the squad that need investment - I know I've said it before, but surely one of Darge or Boyle has to be coming West, i'd say its almost impossible for both of them to get enough minutes to progress - it's not good for them, Scottish rugby or sensible for Edinburgh.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:42 am

BigGee wrote:Kelly Brown to leave Glasgow at thd dnd of the month and return to London where he has got an as yet un named position.

That has been rumoured for a while as his familly were struggling to settle during the pandemic.

That's a shame and a big loss, on the surface it seemed like a perfect fit - big name former player, with high quality coaching experience from a successful club. He's the type of guy who could help really foster the team spirit in the Wilson era over the next few years as the club stalwarts start moving on.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:40 am

EST wrote:
BigGee wrote:Kelly Brown to leave Glasgow at thd dnd of the month and return to London where he has got an as yet un named position.

That's a shame and a big loss, on the surface it seemed like a perfect fit - big name former player, with high quality coaching experience from a successful club.  He's the type of guy who could help really foster the team spirit in the Wilson era over the next few years as the club stalwarts start moving on.  

It's almost as if his old team down in London have recently lost their forwards coach...

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:46 am

There is going to have to be a complete reset for Glasgow next season having lost a highly rated scrum coach and forwards coach in consecutive off seasons as well as the general structure of the squad.

Not sure who else is available as young Scots coaches with good CV's. Grant is settled in Ulster and Scott Murray should not leave San Diego for Glasgow from a lifestyle perspective. Bridges were burnt with R Gray the breakdown coach. Are there coaches that went on the MacPhail scholarship who have had an opportunity to kick on?

It may be worth the risk of dipping into the Championship or the Super Six for someone who Wilson feels he can work closely with. We are not going to be much more than a fringe Champions Cup side next season anyway.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Glasgow sign up Ollie Smith to his first professional contract.

Good to see another promising young player coming through.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:44 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
EST wrote:

That's a shame and a big loss, on the surface it seemed like a perfect fit - big name former player, with high quality coaching experience from a successful club.  He's the type of guy who could help really foster the team spirit in the Wilson era over the next few years as the club stalwarts start moving on.  

It's almost as if his old team down in London have recently lost their forwards coach...

Yeah, a sure thing he will end up at Sarries. That doesn't stop it it being a bad thing for Glasgow though

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:47 pm

BigGee wrote:Glasgow sign up Ollie Smith to his first professional contract.

Good to see another promising young player coming through.

Great news - I thought he was better than McLean at U20 level, the obvious standout from that team.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm

EST wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
EST wrote:

Yeah, a sure thing he will end up at Sarries. That doesn't stop it it being a bad thing for Glasgow though

This is true. He came across as a real leader in his playing days and an intelligent bloke. Be a good person to have behind the scenes.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 pm

On Brown leaving Glasgow. Surely the obvious step would be to sponsor Wilson into coaching. At least it would get him off the pitch, and let Glasgow have another "legend" in the back room.

As for Brown, I always liked him on and off the field. Sounds like Sarries will take him in, and I'm sure he'll do a great job for them.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:08 am

Another kilted kiwi, Cole Forbes, joins Glasgow. Apparently helped by Hugh Blake of all people, I'm surprised given he was basically ignored here that he would still recommend Scotland!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:23 am

Sounds like another decent signing for us, this lad has a decent pedigree.

4 new back three players coming in though would suggest Seymour, Jones L, Nairn and Niko may well be moving on at the end of the season. Lee Jones is the only one of them that has put on a show this year, but his age is likely against him as well unfortunately.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:41 pm

With the Scotland game called off, will Glasgow get all or most of their internationals back to play Leinster this weekend.
I'd fancy a full or nearly full strenght Glasgow to beat a Leinster 2nd team.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:39 pm

I guess it depends when they are planning to replay it.

If they are not playing next weekend, then some of them could use a game!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:56 pm

The FFR are being "coy" about giving a date. Next week would disadvantage Scotland, Glasgow and the Luvvies. It would also make a Grans Slam less likely: undercooked team play against Scotland then play the next two weekends.
I think the SRU should tell them to shove it. We'll put out the strongest club sides we can and France can struggle to find another free weekend somewhere.
Also, it seems blindingly obvious to me that the French have been cavalier at best when following the covid protocols, surely a 28-0 would be a appropriate slap on the wrist for them?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:57 pm

The FFR are being "coy" about giving a date. Next week would disadvantage Scotland, Glasgow and the Luvvies.  It would also make a France Grand Slam less likely: undercooked team play against Scotland then play the next two weekends.
I think the SRU should tell them to shove it. We'll put out the strongest club sides we can and France can struggle to find another free weekend somewhere.
Also, it seems blindingly obvious to me that the French have been cavalier at best when following the covid protocols, surely a 28-0 would be a appropriate slap on the wrist for them?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:55 pm

BigGee wrote:Sounds like another decent signing for us, this lad has a decent pedigree.

4 new back three players coming in though would suggest Seymour, Jones L, Nairn and Niko may well be moving on at the end of the season. Lee Jones is the only one of them that has put on a show this year, but his age is likely against him as well unfortunately.

In the back three it's been obvious that an overhaul has been required, the players Wilson has brought in have decent pedigree and their best years ahead of them and the two promoted from the academy both have lots of potential - I like how he is going about his business here. If Jones stays, given that none of the others listed below are likely to be troubled by international call ups, I'm not sure I would keep any of the OOC players - perhaps Seymour or L Jones for a year to help the younger lads settle in and provide some experience.

McKay (11/14/15)
Forbes (10/11/14/15)
McLean (11/14)
Smith (13/15)
Tagive (11/14)
Steyn (11/13/14)
Jones (13/15)

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:38 pm

Forbes sounds like an ideal target for us. Young, has pedigree, shouldn't be too expensive and SQ. If he hits, we have another wing/FB to compete with Kinghorn for the final back three spot for the world cup. If he misses, it is not a big cost.

We also have O Melville in the academy who had a good reputation coming from Sale for FB. Assume he might be another season away from contributing.

This could be a sign that H Jones might be off or that he is switching back to 13. Fergusson has done well there but we are going to need more attacking threat to help Weir and getting H Jones or Steyn into that spot should be a priority.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:25 am

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/scotland-centre-huw-jones-to-join-bayonne/

Shuggy to Bayonne seems to be confirmed.

It seemed inevitable albeit a shame he is going just as he finally seems to be finding his form for us.

The new arrivals suggest a life without him though, so good luck to him down in the Basque country. Not the most glamourous of clubs currently, but always been a hotbed of rugby down there. The weather it is fair to say, may well be better than in Glasgow.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:50 am

Bayonne won’t be anywhere near the top of the Top14 table, they don’t have the star studded squads of other Top14 sides. If he catches the eye of Toulon, Montpellier or Toulouse then you never know, he may do as Maitland did and switch clubs after a season or two if Bayonne face relegation.

Jones was short changed in 2019 and I think all Scottish fans feel sorry for him there. He’s put his Scotland career in an precarious place with this move however.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:42 am

bsando wrote:Bayonne won’t be anywhere near the top of the Top14 table, they don’t have the star studded squads of other Top14 sides. If he catches the eye of Toulon, Montpellier or Toulouse then you never know, he may do as Maitland did and switch clubs after a season or two if Bayonne face relegation.

Jones was short changed in 2019 and I think all Scottish fans feel sorry for him there. He’s put his Scotland career in an precarious place with this move however.

Bayonne are not guaranteed to stay up this season. May need to win a playoff to stay in.

H Jones appears likely to be the star back whether at 13 or 15. At the end of the day, Glasgow are in a rebuild for the next season or two and Wilson may only have one more season if things don't pick up.

If he plays well at Bayonne, he will get into the Scotland squad anyway. He got into the Scotland squad playing in Cape Town so it is not like he has not taken a different road before.

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:33 pm

team's oot Shocked

1. Oli Kebble (53)
2. Grant Stewart (40)
3. Enrique Pieretto (10)
4. Richie Gray (54)
5. Leone Nakarawa (74)
6. Rob Harley (242)
7. Thomas Gordon (28)
8. Ryan Wilson (C) (182)

9. Jamie Dobie (15)
10. Adam Hastings (47)
11. Cole Forbes (0)
12. Sam Johnson (67)
13. Huw Jones (46)
14. Rufus McLean (2)
15. Ollie Smith (1)

16. Johnny Matthews (8)
17. Aki Seiuli (23)
18. D’arcy Rae (79)
19. Gregor Brown (0)
20. TJ Ioane (9)
21. Sean Kennedy (13)
22. Ross Thompson (3)
23. Robbie Fergusson (8)

That is some set of backs. Shocked Shocked
A back three for the future Forbes-Smith-Titman  All SQ and all fast and exuberant.
Shug and Smilin Sam in the centres is good; although it looks as if DW is telling Shug "you won't be our 15 next season so you'll be covering for injured players from now on".
House Elf-Haircut paired up again. Haircut was not 100% match fit last week, let's see if he lasts longer this week.

No surprises in the pack; The Fugitive still can't get a start, Pieretto gets another chance to change my mind...hopefully I'm wrong and he has been a worthwhile signing, Oh wait...Gregor Brown??? Apparently he's an under 20 back rower, so Big Bad into the second row when Uncle Nak's-Knackered starts blowing.

Apart from the soon to leave Odd Couple the backs look like they will be the ones taking us into the future, let's hope they make a big statement on Sunday.

Apparently, Gordon-sorry Gregor Brown is a aggressive red haired back row. Wee Red Crayon?

Last edited by jimbopip on Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:38 pm

Its definitely a much stronger team than we would have been putting out had the French game happened. It also should count as a game towards Zanders ban, as he could have played in this one.

Dobie and Hastings will definitely improve from another run out and hopefully a bit more game time next weekend as well.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:46 pm

Unsurprisingly, Kelly Brown confirmed back to Sarries

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Best of luck on Sunday looks like two good teams have been announced. Is there any players in particular in the Glasgow team that look like future stars?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Watch the back 3, all young and inexperienced but with potential

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Thanks LFFL, Jamie Dobie at 9 is the most exciting talent to have emerged in Scotland since Fes last bought a round. The Tremoloes were still number one! (Roddy Doyle readers will recognize that one).
Cole Forbes is an under 20 All Black and could be our new Sean Maitland.
Rufus "is a Titman" McLean and Ollie Smith have looked really exciting prospects for Scotland under 20's.
Of them all Dobie looks as if he has everything. To put him in perspective; Ali Price has a reasonable shot at being a Lion this year, George Horne is Ali Price on speed, runs amazing support lines and has an unbelievable tries to games ratio...but Dobie is the 9 that Glasgow fans are really excited about.
Hope that helps.
Who should we be watching for the Leinster Ladyboys?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:13 pm

So it took Shug deciding to leave before you lot finally handed him back the 13 shirt. If thats how it works, imagine how much game time he could've got under Cowboy Dave if he'd taken up the offer from Leicester!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Hopefully Bayonne find good use for him, we could do with another starting OC option beyond Harris.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:22 pm

Llama, I think you're looking through the wrong end of the telescope: Shug hasn't won back the 13 jersey
Ollie Smith has been handed the 15! Whether that is because Shug is leaving OR Shug has been allowed to leave because Smith is the future at 15 is an interesting question.

jimbopip

TheMildlyFranticLlama likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:42 pm

jimbopip wrote:Thanks LFFL, Jamie Dobie at 9 is the most exciting talent to have emerged in Scotland since  Fes last bought a round. The Tremoloes were still number one! (Roddy Doyle readers will recognize that one).
Cole Forbes is an  under 20 All Black and could be our new Sean Maitland.
Rufus "is a Titman" McLean and Ollie Smith have looked really exciting prospects for Scotland under 20's.
Of them all Dobie looks as if he has everything.  To put him in perspective; Ali Price has a reasonable shot at being a Lion this year, George Horne is Ali Price on speed, runs amazing support lines and has an unbelievable tries to games ratio...but Dobie is the 9 that Glasgow fans are really excited about.
Hope that helps.
Who should we be watching for the Leinster Ladyboys?
This is really getting me excited for the game, I'll be keeping an eye on that Glasgow back 3 for sure and Dobie. Especially interested in seeing Cole Forbes, it's rare that a bad player plays for NZ u20s.

For Leinster I'm most excited about the lads to come off the bench. Alex Soroka, who is of Ukrainian descent starred for the Irish u20s last season, is yet another promising backrower to come through. Jamie Osborne is only 19 and can play across the back line, he made a huge impact off the bench in our last game against the scarlets. Finally David Hawkshaw, another skillfull FH coming through but has been plagued with injuries, hopefully he can put them behind him and push on.

LeinsterFan4life

jimbopip and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:45 pm

SRU are looking for a "Social Media and Digital Manager".

Come on Jimbo, throw your hat in the ring. Time to give something back!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next