The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Feb 2021, 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu 11 Feb 2021, 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Tue 02 Mar 2021, 8:25 pm

So who was Bunny Wailer?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 9 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Mar 2021, 7:36 am

Anyone who has watched Watership Down, i expect.

Morning, fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 03 Mar 2021, 9:47 am

Back in Sicond. Late morning today

The film of Watership Down could be a traumatic experience for small kids. I remember the book was good, although the other stuff Richard Adams wrote wasn't up to much

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Mar 2021, 9:57 am

lostinwales wrote:

The film of Watership Down could be a traumatic experience for small kids.

Yes! I've talked about this on here before, years ago.

I am still struggling with the trauma of watching the original Watership Down from when I was a young kid. That bit at the end when the old rabbit tricks his family and jumps out to attack the vicious baddie rabbit knowing full well he is going to die. The sacrifice he made, I'm welling up now just thinking about it.

And the leader of the family protecting his fellow rabbits by having a straightener with the baddie rabbit. Oh my f*cking god, I'm still haunted by that.

That baddie rabbit was a lunatic. Going out to take on the hunting dogs! Suicide! He really was the SerialDAVE of rabbits.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:11 am

Who knew a throwaway joke would end in therapy.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:16 am

Bright eyes, burning like fire - all together now - bright eyes...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:18 am

Stop it, Jules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:34 am

Rabbits are amongst the most useless creatures inhabiting our planet, watch Grave of the Fireflies if you want a properly traumatising cartoon experience.

My aunt once bought her daughters, who would've been aged about 4 and 6, a baby rabbit each. When they went out later in the day one of their cats forced its way into the hutch and killed and ate them (the rabbits).

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:36 am

Galted wrote:When they went out later in the day one of their cats forced its way into the hutch and killed and ate them (the rabbits).

Rampant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:47 am

My sister that lives just round the corner from PJ in Sydney managed to kill my nephew's rabbits by forgetting to move their cage into the shade before she went away for the weekend during a particularly hot summer. Came back to two rabbits who had essentially boiled to death.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:49 am

We've got a rabbit in the garden. She is alive and well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 03 Mar 2021, 10:58 am

Galted wrote:Rabbits are amongst the most useless creatures inhabiting our planet, watch Grave of the Fireflies if you want a properly traumatising cartoon experience.

My aunt once bought her daughters, who would've been aged about 4 and 6, a baby rabbit each.  When they went out later in the day one of their cats forced its way into the hutch and killed and ate them (the rabbits).

Yes that film is quite something.

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before but we used to keep pet rats. One of them used to chase the cats.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 03 Mar 2021, 11:02 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:When they went out later in the day one of their cats forced its way into the hutch and killed and ate them (the rabbits).

Rampant.

When I first started work as a serf in the city someone ordered a Black Moshannon Speed Ferret. I was quite keen to see what it was but turned out to be a bit of software.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 03 Mar 2021, 11:15 am

superflyweight wrote:My sister that lives just round the corner from PJ in Sydney managed to kill my nephew's rabbits by forgetting to move their cage into the shade before she went away for the weekend during a particularly hot summer.  Came back to two rabbits who had essentially boiled to death.  

I think I remember that weekend. Going outside was like walking face first into a blowtorch.
The hot water in their bowl would have evaporated fairly quickly. That must have been a particularly horrible way to perish.

Used to have a herd of guinea pigs running wild in the back yard. There was a hutch out there but we used to let them graze about at night since the cat and dog were kept indoors at night. However, one rainy morning, I saw the dog chewing on what I thought was a bone between its paws under the clothesline. I went outside to take a closer look and was shocked to see poor little Henrietta half-mangled up... and the border collie sheepishly wagging her tail... tongue hanging out in what looked like a proud and happy smile.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Mar 2021, 11:19 am

When I started out in IT someone ordered a Black Moshannon Speed Ferret. I was quite keen to see what it was and it was a quite impressive bit of software.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 03 Mar 2021, 6:03 pm

Whichever way you cut it, I'm not Chris Barber.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 Mar 2021, 8:32 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:Rabbits are amongst the most useless creatures inhabiting our planet, watch Grave of the Fireflies if you want a properly traumatising cartoon experience.

My aunt once bought her daughters, who would've been aged about 4 and 6, a baby rabbit each.  When they went out later in the day one of their cats forced its way into the hutch and killed and ate them (the rabbits).

Yes that film is quite something.

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before but we used to keep pet rats. One of them used to chase the cats.

Maybe not mentioned but assumed anyway.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 03 Mar 2021, 8:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Whichever way you cut it, I'm not Chris Barber.

Neither am I but I share his initials

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Mar 2021, 8:25 am

Fist.

LIW might be Chuck Berry, Charlie Brown or Clinton, Bill.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Mar 2021, 8:29 am

Or Cher Bono.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Mar 2021, 8:40 am

Or Cherie Blair.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 8:54 am

Did LiW ever deny being Chadwick Boseman?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 04 Mar 2021, 9:00 am

Connor Benn.

I do have 4 rats though.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 04 Mar 2021, 9:25 am

Coudl be Camilla Parker-Bowles but dropped the P.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 04 Mar 2021, 9:26 am

Lostinwales might allude to her marriage to the Prince.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Mar 2021, 9:31 am

This is getting very silly, and no I haven't told the wife about Charles yet.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:00 am

lostinwales wrote:This is getting very silly, and no I haven't told the wife about Charles yet.

Charles Bronson?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:02 am

Clarence Bodikker, can you fly, Bobby?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:This is getting very silly, and no I haven't told the wife about Charles yet.

Charles Bronson?

Well I spend too much time on here so plenty of evidence I don't mind hanging around dead people.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:32 am

Cricket - Bollox.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:34 am

Foxy Great British Bake-Off winner Candice Brown?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 04 Mar 2021, 10:37 am

Mixed sex boxing champ, Chris Brown

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 11:03 am

superflyweight wrote:Foxy Great British Bake-Off winner Candice Brown?  

The 1990's want their word back.

Chris Brown? Used to slip it to Rihanna (*before he slipped her a left hook).

*allegedly. I am basically broke so can't afford to be sued. Although I'm sure my mates riCK and Superfly would defend me for free.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Mar 2021, 11:16 am

I haven't told the wife about Rhianna either (but then there isn't actually anything to tell)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 11:26 am

lostinwales wrote:I haven't told the wife about Rhianna either (but then there isn't actually anything to tell)

She's on my To Do list.

Along with empty the garage and take the recycling to the tip.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 04 Mar 2021, 12:30 pm

*allegedly. I am basically broke so can't afford to be sued. Although I'm sure my mates riCK and Superfly would defend me for free.

What was wrong with the 90's? Don't look back in anger.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Mar 2021, 12:32 pm

Hurry up with the tip excursion, Tino.

I had to get rid of a boot load (about 220kg) of rubbish last year. Think I mentioned it on here.

The waste disposal outfit is run by a gang called "Suez"... for all your waste solutions! They are "deeply committed to making the best possible use of waste", according to their website. Not a bad tagline, huh?

In the huge dumping pit area the smell was unbearable. I'd estimate there were more than 150 gulls (a bit too far inland for my liking) and ibis (now I really do rate them as proper scavengers). When I shovelled the muck into the pit - a full-on proper bird fight broke out. I should have filmed it.

Another plus was the very pretty Chinese girl in the cabin next to the pit. Superb figure underneath her hi-viz vest... and a warm and friendly smile. Not much English spoken. She even helped me throw a few bits of rubbish into the steaming mass covered with brawling birds below and was also ready with the broom simultaneously. I was very impressed with her work ethic and highly developed sense of community.

Maybe it's hard to imagine - but in that filthy, visually affronting and stinking environment I left with a semi wood. Next time I might even ask her what time she knocks off... and whether she'd like to come over for a good scrub down and a bit of Dove After Care. I've just got to find some more rubbish to dump... and buy some Dove Wo+Men Care product.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 12:40 pm

She sounds really foxy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 04 Mar 2021, 1:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:She sounds really foxy.

Yes she is, yes she is.

是的,她是,是的,她是
Shì de, tā shì, shì de, tā shì.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 1:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:

What was wrong with the 90's?  Don't look back in anger.    

Too much cigarettes and alcohol for my liking.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 1:25 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
but in that filthy, visually affronting and stinking environment I left with a semi wood.

Just read this properly.

It deserves a l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 04 Mar 2021, 2:27 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
but in that filthy, visually affronting and stinking environment I left with a semi wood.

Just read this properly.

It deserves a l*l out loud.

Deserves recognition for using 'gull' instead of 'seagull' as well.

He might rate ibis as scavengers - everyone's entitled to their opinion - but marabou storks and lappet-faced vultures are elite level.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 04 Mar 2021, 3:40 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Only a southern man could have made that remark, Bernard.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 4:06 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Only a southern man could have made that remark, Bernard.

Shah! Shah! Shah!

He's back. No one visit any crowded places.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 4:34 pm

He's back
On the attack
With a bomb under his mac
It is Shah
It is Shah

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 04 Mar 2021, 4:37 pm

He's here
Can't you see
He's made an IED
It is Shah
It is Shah

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Thu 04 Mar 2021, 5:26 pm

He roams
The board
Plants bombs for his Lord
Shahenshah
Shahenshah

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Mar 2021, 7:04 pm

Hibbz
He posts
Then disappears like ghosts
Hibbz not Hearts
Hibbz not Hearts

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 04 Mar 2021, 9:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He's here
Can't you see
He's made an IED
It is Shah
It is Shah

It weren't
An IED
Your son just came for tea
Junior
Junior

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 05 Mar 2021, 7:27 am

Crikey, all go on here.

Always good to see a Shah cameo.

Frantic fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next