The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:01 am

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:29 am

I seem to have developed a picture. Thanks.

I think.

Last edited by lostinwales on Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:00 pm

Friday fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:04 pm

Unusually early runner up spot. That's what having cricket on early does for you.

Loving the new badge, LiW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:31 pm

Tird on the podium.

Consolation for yesterday's attempted michaelsing being trumped by a pictue.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:05 pm

Morning chaps. Took the day off yesterday to do a spot of home schooling. Mrs Superfly not too happy with my supervision levels as I didn't pick up that my daughter posted a profanity onto the live discussion board during one of her lessons.

Kids were asked to post an adjective to describe one of the characters in the book that they're reading. My daughter went for 'gentle' but got the spelling a little wrong and typed 'gental' which then appears to have been auto-corrected to 'genital'. Teacher has played it with a straight bat so far but we are half-expecting a call from the school.

Also turns out that the character she was describing was the Queen.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:11 pm

superflyweight wrote:Morning chaps.  Took the day off yesterday to do a spot of home schooling.  Mrs Superfly not too happy with my supervision levels as I didn't pick up that my daughter posted a profanity onto the live discussion board during one of her lessons.  

Kids were asked to post an adjective to describe one of the characters in the book that they're reading.  My daughter went for 'gentle' but got the spelling a little wrong and typed 'gental' which then appears to have been auto-corrected to 'genital'.  Teacher has played it with a straight bat so far but we are half-expecting a call from the school.

Well played, Super. If you had noticed and intervened, your stock on the forum may have taken a dip.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:20 pm

superflyweight wrote:Morning chaps.  Took the day off yesterday to do a spot of home schooling.  Mrs Superfly not too happy with my supervision levels as I didn't pick up that my daughter posted a profanity onto the live discussion board during one of her lessons.  

Kids were asked to post an adjective to describe one of the characters in the book that they're reading.  My daughter went for 'gentle' but got the spelling a little wrong and typed 'gental' which then appears to have been auto-corrected to 'genital'.  Teacher has played it with a straight bat so far but we are half-expecting a call from the school.

Can I ask a couple of questions?

Is it bigger than the bread bin and can I put it in my mouth?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Can I ask a couple of questions?

Is it bigger than the bread bin and can I put it in my mouth?

He didn't have a problem with it, so how can it be racist?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 pm

My kid said 'f*ck' the other day. What was particularly pleasing was that he was imitating Galtova after she saw him yank a plant out of its pot.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:17 pm

Galted wrote:My kid said 'f*ck' the other day.  What was particularly pleasing was that he was imitating Galtova after she saw him yank a plant out of its pot.

First heard that word from a kid in the playground when I was about 6 years old. Can still hear the "ck" sound at the end of word... the way he said it.

That same kid is now an executive producer for the ABC.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:41 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:My kid said 'f*ck' the other day.  What was particularly pleasing was that he was imitating Galtova after she saw him yank a plant out of its pot.

First heard that word from a kid in the playground when I was about 6 years old. Can still hear the "ck" sound at the end of word... the way he said it.

That same kid is now an executive producer for the ABC.

It's a very popular word in media/advertising etc, especially versatile as an adjective that describes pretty much any noun.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:04 pm

Many years ago when my eldest was about 18 months to 2 years old and he was sitting in the back of the car on a journey he suddenly came out with 'f**k police'. Just to make sure we had heard he repeated it. Keeping a straight face at that moment was very difficult.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:07 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Many years ago when my eldest was about 18 months to 2 years old and he was sitting in the back of the car on a journey he suddenly came out with 'f**k police'. Just to make sure we had heard he repeated it. Keeping a straight face at that moment was very difficult.

That same kid is now an executive producer for the BBC.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:25 pm

Snowy monday fist!

I understand there was some rugby at the weekend. What a stupid game. (Congrats to the Scots. 38 years is too long).

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Shivery sicond.

Must be annoying for the Scots that there was no-one there to watch it. Then again, maybe they wouldn't have won.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:33 pm

Tird. Morning sports' fans.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:46 pm

Morning, Super. You must've been heartbroken for all the Olivers and Dominics and Harriets singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot in their drawing rooms before the game.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Morning, all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Galted wrote:Morning, Super.  You must've been heartbroken for all the Olivers and Dominics and Harriets singing Swing Low Sweet Chariot in their drawing rooms before the game.

Tempered only by joy for all the Farquhars, Donalds and Finlays raising a glass of single malt and trying to hid their stiffies in their tartan trews.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 pm

I mostly like my arl man but its times like these I don't. He's been in England for the best part of 50 years and barely watches rugby anyway.

You wouldn't think it the way my f*cking phone lit up with messages from him yesterday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:00 am

Made what I thought was a clever comment on the Scotland 6N thread (with a photo of a sexy lass born on March 7, 1983... two days after Scotland's last victory over England at Twickers) but was largely totally ignored. She's 37 now... all grown up in the right places.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 am

You escaped with your life, PJ and that's all you can hope for on that board.

Sad to see that Jules was Christopher Plummer. I'd climb every mountain just to see him post on here again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:26 am

superflyweight wrote:You escaped with your life, PJ and that's all you can hope for on that board.  

Sad to see that Jules was Christopher Plummer.  I'd climb every mountain just to see him post on here again.  

Who would have thought that riCK was Neon Leon Spinks as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:30 am

superflyweight wrote:You escaped with your life, PJ and that's all you can hope for on that board.

Sad to see that Jules was Christopher Plummer. I'd climb every mountain just to see him post on here again.

The Jules is alive with the sound of muzak.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:03 am

Sad to see that Jules was Christopher Plummer.  I'd climb every mountain just to see him post on here again.  

Rick posted at 10:00 this morning. Your dad's really knocked you off your game.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:09 am

superflyweight wrote:

Rick posted at 10:00 this morning.  Your dad's really knocked you off your game.

Holy sh*t. So he did.

Apologies rICk.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:00 am

How quickly a quirky little discussion thread just turns into a roll call to determine who is still alive.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:02 am

lostinwales wrote:How quickly a quirky little discussion thread just turns into a roll call to determine who is still alive.

We still need to determine what happened to Carlos. He is alive and well - all over the cricket and rugby boards - but doesn't visit us anymore.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:15 am

lostinwales wrote:How quickly a quirky little discussion thread just turns into a roll call to determine who is still alive.

You don't suffer the number of deaths we've had on here without developing a form of PTSD that can only be calmed by constantly checking on those of us who remain.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:20 am

superflyweight wrote:

You don't suffer the number of deaths we've had on here without developing a form of PTSD that can only be calmed by constantly checking on those of us who remain.

Look at it another way. What is it about 606v2 that makes it so attractive to terminally ill celebrities?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:23 am

lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Look at it another way. What is it about 606v2 that makes it so attractive to terminally ill celebrities?

The chance to grab a final thread split for posterity.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:26 am

We still need to determine what happened to Carlos. He is alive and well - all over the cricket and rugby boards - but doesn't visit us anymore.

King_carlos should be renamed ***king callous the way he frequents other boards in full view of all of us.

I hope you all enjoy reading my pun as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:02 am

Galted wrote:

King_carlos should be renamed ***king callous the way he frequents other boards in full view of all of us.

I might have enjoyed it but stopped reading once I saw the capital K in his name. He doesn't have a capital K in his name I stopped reading in anger.

I'm sure it was good though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:09 am

Galted wrote:

I might have enjoyed it but stopped reading once I saw the capital K in his name. He doesn't have a capital K in his name I stopped reading in anger.

Bugger. I would normally have checked but was so excited I didn't bother this time.

Thanks for the feedback.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:07 am

Galted wrote:

Useful feedback apart from the missing full stop (or semi-colon) after the sicond 'in his name'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:41 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Useful feedback apart from the missing full stop (or semi-colon) after the sicond 'in his name'.
Damn your eyes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:08 pm

Greater Mancunian Fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:17 pm

lostinwales wrote:Greater Mancunian Fist!

Southern pansy sicond.

After a classic michaelsing last night as well. What time to be alive.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:22 pm

Southern pansy sicond.

Tird.
It's almost as if lockdown isn't affecting our ability to post online during working hours.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:29 pm

Southern pansy sicond.

Anyone can get an evening michaels. It takes skill and dedication to get one in the daytime.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:37 pm

Forth once more. Maybe someone will be disqualified.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:40 pm

Galted wrote:Forth once more.  Maybe someone will be disqualified.

I think I still retain the power to ban people from this place.

But Superfly and riCK have died again so I'm reluctant to remove anyone else.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:48 pm

I'm not dead - I was just digging my laptop out of the snow.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not dead - I was just digging my laptop out of the snow.  

Why are you working outside?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:53 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not dead - I was just digging my laptop out of the snow.  

Kids are inside.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:54 pm

superflyweight wrote:

Kids are inside.  

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:10 am

What a tremendous exchange of posts. Reminds me of the halcyon days of the Culture Cup.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:20 am

Galted wrote:What a tremendous exchange of posts. Reminds me of the halcyon days of the Culture Cup.

Tremendous post. Reminds me of sean at his best.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:What a tremendous exchange of posts. Reminds me of the halcyon days of the Culture Cup.

Tremendous quip. Reminds me of Jules at his best.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:36 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Tremendous quip. Reminds me of Jules at his best.

Tino!!!

He's alive!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next