The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Nov 2021, 8:39 am

I was afraid to say that but I had a hunch that might be it.

Similar feeling here actually.
No sun, nasty looking dark clouds. Not hot. Not cold. Rain and more rain.
Depressing news everywhere you turn. The same d1ckheads running the show.
Angry people. No smiles. Don't do this and don't do that... otherwise you'll pay more.

The end must be nigh.

Other than that there should be plenty to look forward to despite my diminishing idealism.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 23 Nov 2021, 8:45 am

I had no idea that Tino is a vegetarian. Jeff is also a vegetarian. I've given the matter some serious thought but no conspiracy theories as yet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 9:11 am

Fort. PJ you know the clocks changed here right? We are all automatically an hour later (plus extra time because its cold damp and dark out there)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Nov 2021, 9:15 am

That's why it's so important to have people like me about, I just light up any room I enter.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 23 Nov 2021, 9:17 am

lostinwales wrote:Fort. PJ you know the clocks changed here right? We are all automatically an hour later (plus extra time because its cold damp and dark out there)

No I didn't, Lost. So you've just gone 09:15... 11 hours difference.

Sorry if I roused you up earlier than expected. I thought Tino's chooks would have woken him up at least. He's probably out fetching some eggs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 9:30 am

Well some of us have work to do Very Happy

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 23 Nov 2021, 11:32 am

Was in Notts over the weekend, bit southern but a good do, Escape rooms have come on quite a bit since i last did one, bloody good fun.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Nov 2021, 12:56 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Fort. PJ you know the clocks changed here right? We are all automatically an hour later (plus extra time because its cold damp and dark out there)

Sorry if I roused you up earlier than expected. I thought Tino's chooks would have woken him up at least. He's probably out fetching some eggs.

Already done that, Pee Jay. Not much of a harvest this morning. Plus there is one of them that really doesn't like me and pecks at my feet the whole time. Little b*stard.

Just had a spot of lunch. Beetroot, feta and pine nut salad with a bit of pesto pasta. I'm scoring it a 8.741254/10.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Nov 2021, 1:07 pm

I had a pie. I'm scoring it 3.14159265359

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Nov 2021, 1:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I had a pie. I'm scoring it 3.14159265359

Very clever.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 1:49 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Already done that, Pee Jay. Not much of a harvest this morning. Plus there is one of them that really doesn't like me and pecks at my feet the whole time. Little b*stard.

Just had a spot of lunch. Beetroot, feta and pine nut salad with a bit of pesto pasta. I'm scoring it a 8.741254/10.

Does it also post here? Bet you are sorry you went veggie now.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 23 Nov 2021, 2:18 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Does it also post here? Bet you are sorry you went veggie now.

l*l. Very good.

The rest of the family are terrible human beings meat eaters so I can still cook the little f*cker and watch other people eat it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 4:13 pm

Reminds me - we kept chickens when I was a kid, and the day came when Mum, who grew up in the war so was made of tougher stuff 'processed' the chickens who were not laying. It wasn't an easy meal at all.

Never name lunch.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 23 Nov 2021, 4:23 pm

Acknowledged.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 4:36 pm

Technically that should be 5.859874....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Nov 2021, 4:48 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Co-sine

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 23 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Co-sine

pi + e

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 23 Nov 2021, 6:00 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Co-sine

pi + e

Yes. Co-sign.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Nov 2021, 9:16 am

A fist takes longer and longer these days.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 24 Nov 2021, 9:44 am

Sicond

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Nov 2021, 10:15 am

I have a staggering coincidence to relate:

I was doing a quiz on Sporcle last night, groups of 3 items would be named and I had to click on what answer they referred to (eg X, Gamma and Charles are all Rays).  Two answers were Molluscs and Irrational numbers but the clues to these included, consecutively, Geoduck and then Pi, e.

I told Galtova this a bit overly-enthusiastically and she took the opportunity to be unimpressed, so things don't bode well for her if I ever decide to become domestically violent.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Nov 2021, 10:27 am

Galted wrote:I have a staggering coincidence to relate:

I was doing a quiz on Sporcle last night, groups of 3 items would be named and I had to click on what answer they referred to (eg X, Gamma and Charles are all Rays).  Two answers were Molluscs and Irrational numbers but the clues to these included, consecutively, Geoduck and then Pi, e.

I told Galtova this a bit overly-enthusiastically and she took the opportunity to be unimpressed, so things don't bode well for her if I ever decide to become domestically violent.

Almost as staggering as when I was watching University Challenge last week and two of the answers were Galted and Lost in Wales.
FACT.
TIRD.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Nov 2021, 4:55 pm

Bit disappointed in the response to my staggering coincidence to be honest. Was sure it would lure Jeff back along with a host of new posters.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Nov 2021, 5:02 pm

You got one more response than I did.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Nov 2021, 6:36 pm

Our talents are wasted on here, we should unite on Mumsnet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 7:07 pm

You'll be safe from me if you did, I got banned on Mumsnet years ago.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Nov 2021, 8:09 pm

Duty281 wrote:You'll be safe from me if you did, I got banned on Mumsnet years ago.

Were you the one who posted "My child's first word was 'Fuhrer'"?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 24 Nov 2021, 9:55 pm

You got me, but I'm furious with you for bringing it back up.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 24 Nov 2021, 10:02 pm

If this is another punfest I'm not Goering to get involved.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 24 Nov 2021, 11:01 pm

Reich you are then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Nov 2021, 8:00 am

Blitzkrieg fizt!

Had a strange request from some film production outfit today - to shoot some scenes at my place. I'd only just restored the airbnb thing. I'm now getting inundated with bookings all of a sudden. These guys were obviously scouting around on the airbnb website for a suitable location.

This film crew has booked one week but will only be here for maybe half a day... they say.

Jules, you'd know about this type of thing. I had to sign a "Location Release Form - Workflow" and they sent me their insurance policy details. They are covered for up to $20m AUD... so as long as there's no Alec Baldwin or Kevin Spacey I think it should be fine. About 600 quid so I snapped it up.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Nov 2021, 8:14 am

Sicond.

Apologies for stating the obvious but I think PJ will soon be watching a film about a bored housewife (or househusband) and a visit from the plumber (or pizza delivery guy) and be shocked when he realises it's his sofa that's getting a shower. Good thing they're insured.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Nov 2021, 8:20 am

Galted wrote:Sicond.

Apologies for stating the obvious but I think PJ will soon be watching a film about a bored housewife (or househusband) and a visit from the plumber (or pizza delivery guy) and be shocked when he realises it's his sofa that's getting a shower.  Good thing they're insured.

l*l I only just washed the sofa coverings a few weeks ago.

Have a gut feeling it will be some gritty local production and this place will be used for the more 'established' uncle and aunt's place. The film producer assured me they won't break or damage anything and everything will be just as I left it afterwards. I'll let them in on the morning of the shoot (no blanks) and then make myself scarce.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Nov 2021, 8:56 am

Sounds like a good deal PJ. Good that they've got all the paperwork in order.
You should hang around on one of the days and be filmed walking in the background.
Tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 25 Nov 2021, 9:12 am

Fort - Reading about the film crew I agree with Galted

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Nov 2021, 9:31 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sounds like a good deal PJ. Good that they've got all the paperwork in order.
You should hang around on one of the days and be filmed walking in the background.
Tird.

It's tempting. I'll see what it's about first.

If it's what Galted and Lost say it might be (I don't think so... they do most of that sort of stuff-ing in a suburb of Canberra) then I'll see how I can assist. The company name on the insurance policy is legit - I've checked their website. One or two names ring a bell but I'll check them out later.

I note on the form that they retain "the copyright in the completed film that may contain images of the property" (fair enough) and the production company "may exhibit, communicate and promote the film or any portion thereof, whether or not such uses contain audio and/or visual reproductions of the Property and whether or not the Property is identified, in any and all media which currently exist or which may exist in the future throughout the world and in perpetuity." Well, good for them too. It will probably be only a minute or a few minutes at most on film.

What I don't quite get. They've booked the place for a week... Friday to Friday but will only be here on the Tuesday. I listed Wednesday too on their form if they need more time. So is it normal for these crews to pay for those extra nights (when they won't be here) as a form of compensation to me? For the part on the form where the Production Company "agrees to pay the Owner of the property"... I just whacked in the fee for the week's airbnb booking; which was accepted right away. The good thing is I'll get the money on Saturday which is a few days before they arrive.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Nov 2021, 9:37 am

Great stuff, Galted. What a wonderful coincidence that was. Did you tell Galtova that geoduck looks like a massive c*ck?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Nov 2021, 9:46 am

Galted wrote:Bit disappointed in the response to my staggering coincidence to be honest.  Was sure it would lure Jeff back along with a host of new posters.

I know how you feel, flower.

I wrote a comprehensive and exhaustive review of Ghostbusters Afterlife on the film thread and got zero replies. I don't know why I bothered. I've saved people time and money there but got no thanks for it.

If I'd given it a silly rating like 4.14752/10 or scored it poorly on the Michaels Scale of T*ts and War, people would have been all over it.

Try and write a serious review and met with silence. Society is broken, Glated. F*cking broken.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected before Jules catches the error.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Nov 2021, 9:54 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Sounds like a good deal PJ. Good that they've got all the paperwork in order.
Tird.

It's tempting. I'll see what it's about first.

If it's what Galted and Lost say it might be (I don't think so... they do most of that sort of stuff-ing in a suburb of Canberra) then I'll see how I can assist. The company name on the insurance policy is legit - I've checked their website. One or two names ring a bell but I'll check them out later.

I note on the form that they retain "the copyright in the completed film that may contain images of the property" (fair enough) and the production company "may exhibit, communicate and promote the film or any portion thereof, whether or not such uses contain audio and/or visual reproductions of the Property and whether or not the Property is identified, in any and all media which currently exist or which may exist in the future throughout the world and in perpetuity." Well, good for them too. It will probably be only a minute or a few minutes at most on film.

What I don't quite get. They've booked the place for a week... Friday to Friday but will only be here on the Tuesday. I listed Wednesday too on their form if they need more time. So is it normal for these crews to pay for those extra nights (when they won't be here) as a form of compensation to me? For the part on the form where the Production Company "agrees to pay the Owner of the property"... I just whacked in the fee for the week's airbnb booking; which was accepted right away. The good thing is I'll get the money on Saturday which is a few days before they arrive.

Must be one of those big production companies that have money to burn. If it was me I'd be asking for a reduced rate!
That contract blurb is just to make sure that you don't then refuse to allow the film of your property to be publicly displayed after the filming is done. Actors have to sign that sort of thing - so they don't look at the finished product and go 'I look awful, lovey, you can't put that into the cinemas'.

Contracts and insurance are one of the things that led to the bust up between me and my filming partner - I couldn't get it into her head why they were necessary to move from amateur to professional filming.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:05 am

Yeah, contracts and insurance are very important things to have finalised in any business dealing. I haven't gone to my solicitor to run it past them... I'm just going to wing it. If they don't mind me hanging around then I'll do so... otherwise I'll get out of their way and just let them get on with it.

I'm quite flattered they dug me up. Never expected it. You hear of other people having this type of experience but they usually have some massive fancy residence by the harbour or sea or whatever. Mine is a nice place; nothing too special but it's more of a country style home at the front with a more modern part at the back. It must somehow suit their needs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:13 am

Great stuff, Galted. What a wonderful coincidence that was. Did you tell Galtova that geoduck looks like a massive c*ck?

F*cking love you, Tino.

Didn't tell Galtova that bit in case she makes me feel inadequate with scornful words.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:16 am

Galted wrote:Bit disappointed in the response to my staggering coincidence to be honest.  Was sure it would lure Jeff back along with a host of new posters.

I wrote a comprehensive and exhaustive review of Ghostbusters Afterlife on the film thread and got zero replies. I don't know why I bothered. I've saved people time and money there but got no thanks for it.

If I'd given it a silly rating like 4.14752/10 or scored it poorly on the Michaels Scale of T*ts and War, people would have been all over it.

Try and write a serious review and met with silence. Society is broken, Glated. F*cking broken.

Apologies thought your review was for grooming/stalking purposes. I shall remedy the situation forthwith.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 25 Nov 2021, 10:17 am

Galted wrote:

Apologies thought your review was for grooming/stalking purposes. I shall remedy the situation forthwith.

F*cking love you, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 25 Nov 2021, 11:04 am

Tiny c*ck surely?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 25 Nov 2021, 11:27 am

Good morning.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 25 Nov 2021, 12:25 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Good morning.

Objection!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Nov 2021, 12:41 pm

It's "T1ts and / or War".

I'd write a review of the latest Bond film but I don't want to have to think about it again.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Nov 2021, 3:42 pm

You pile of absolute w*nkers.

Except Jules. He's excused because he's busy correcting and insulting the lesser super.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 25 Nov 2021, 4:18 pm

I thought that it was funny but didn't want to comment in case it distressed Tino after I'd not commented on his, frankly excellent, Ghostbusters review.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 25 Nov 2021, 4:35 pm

I don't have time to respond to every half-assed film review on here - I'm too invested in Jeff's 'hot takes' on Twitter.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next