The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by alfie Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:17 am

Delighted to hear that the Pal Joey Colonial Estate is to become a film star...

I suspect that the film company has heard of your notable success in attracting Deadly Eight Legged Creatures and is intending to convert the original shots into some kind of digitally enhanced Monsters for a new horror feature. Hopefully the production will not call for too much damage or destruction of your buildings/associated shrubbery .

In any case your premises will be immortalized on the Silver Screen so has to be a win , eh ?

alfie

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:26 am

Guess that makes this a sicond

I once appeared in a background shot in 'Howards Way'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:43 am

Tird.

I once complimented Tino on his enchanting Ghostbusters review.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:46 am

Galted wrote:Tird.

I once complimented Tino on his enchanting Ghostbusters review.

Fourth fist of Forth.

And I once ate something that looked like a massive willy (or a small one if you're hung like LiW).

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Why is penis caught by the swear filter? It is a biological term you bunch of cunts. Penis, penis & PENIS.)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:54 am

Interesting that you once ate something that looked like a willy and now you eat like a fanny.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:Interesting that you once ate something that looked like a willy and now you eat like a fanny.  

Did you consider the ruder version of fanny?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Interesting that you once ate something that looked like a willy and now you eat like a fanny.  

Did you consider the ruder version of fanny?

Nah - that's a term of endearment in Scotland.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:12 pm

Saw the following somewhere

How did pspspspsps become the thing we say to cats?

The sound is quite high pitched so it gets a cats attention when they're not looking at you.

Reply 1: In Russia we say 'kis-kis-kis'
Reply 2: In Finland we say 'ks'ks-ks'
Reply 3: In Scotland we say 'c'mere ya wee c*nt'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:58 am

Monday's unmichaelising fist!

Snowy day. Wish I had the option of claiming I could not get to work but the snow had already gone from the stairs, only leaving the cat, Lady Trip-Hazzard, as an obstacle.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:07 am

lostinwales wrote:Monday's unmichaelising fist!

Snowy day. Wish I had the option of claiming I could not get to work but the snow had already gone from the stairs, only leaving the cat, Lady Trip-Hazzard, as an obstacle.  

Sicond. No snow here.,

Trying to let our idiot cat have her morning wander along the communal hallway but she bolts inside through my legs whenever another door opens leaving me looking like a stalker in the doorway.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:10 am

Tird.

No snow here either but I saw a patch of blue sky earlier.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:14 am

No snow here either but the fields look beautiful. Took the dogs for an early morning stroll and the frost glistening off the trees and fields was lovely. If I had any creativity at all, I would have painted a lovely scene.

Galted, what a time to be a Villa fan. Stevie G doing the business. I know a fascinating anecdote about Stevie G. I must tell you about it one day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:36 am

What breed of dogs do you have, Tino? Just asking on behalf of a friend.

If I had to guess I'd say a decent medium sized one such as a chocolate Labrador retriever and a sandy coloured one. I bet they get on fine with each other. Can't see you with a very small dog... like a terrier of some sort but my second guess would be proper Irish wolfhounds or something like that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:50 am

Pal Joey wrote:What breed of dogs do you have, Tino? Just asking on behalf of a friend.

If I had to guess I'd say a decent medium sized one such as a chocolate Labrador retriever and a sandy coloured one. I bet they get on fine with each other. Can't see you with a very small dog... like a terrier of some sort but my second guess would be proper Irish wolfhounds or something like that.

We have a cockapoo which is the most middle class dog you can imagine. Literally designed for family living. We also have a rescue dog that came from Romania and we are not entirely sure what she is. She definitely has some collie in her but is a bit of a mongrel. She is lovely but took an awful lot of work. Would barely leave the house for the first 6 months. Would almost recoil when someone lifted their hand anywhere near her. Had to teach her to leave the other dogs food alone as she would just pounce on it the minute the bowl was put down. Think that came from being barely fed in Romania (they are a truly awful race of people towards their dogs) so she was terrified of missing out and going hungry.

So took a lot of work (complete opposite to the cockapoo who we had from a puppy) but is a proper lovely dog now. Bit of a rogue sometimes when we are out walking and runs off looking for stuff and takes ages to find her but again, think that comes from a rough upbringing and she always comes back eventually.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:28 am

Morning.
This place has gone to the dogs.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:34 am

Pal Joey wrote:What breed of dogs do you have, Tino? Just asking on behalf of a friend.

We have a cockapoo which is the most middle class dog you can imagine. Literally designed for family living. We also have a rescue dog that came from Romania and we are not entirely sure what she is. She definitely has some collie in her but is a bit of a mongrel. She is lovely but took an awful lot of work. Would barely leave the house for the first 6 months. Would almost recoil when someone lifted their hand anywhere near her. Had to teach her to leave the other dogs food alone as she would just pounce on it the minute the bowl was put down. Think that came from being barely fed in Romania (they are a truly awful race of people towards their dogs) so she was terrified of missing out and going hungry.

So took a lot of work (complete opposite to the cockapoo who we had from a puppy) but is a proper lovely dog now. Bit of a rogue sometimes when we are out walking and runs off looking for stuff and takes ages to find her but again, think that comes from a rough upbringing and she always comes back eventually.

A very interesting mix you have. The Romanian rescue dog must surely feel more secure now. I know what you mean about poor treatment of dogs in some of those eastern European countries. I saw a documentary where some hard-arsed Russian lumberjack type had his dogs chained up in dirty old huts. It looked so miserable for them in winter. Not much better in summer either. When he walked near them they were all cowering... as if they were expecting a swift boot in their midriffs at any moment. I was wondering whether the (Discovery Ch.?) cameraman or presenter had enough guts to tell the guy to treat his dogs a little better... surely the thought must have crossed their minds.

I like the sound of the cockapoo. Just looked it up. Sort of like a smaller version of Barack Obama's Portuguese Water dog but a with a different colour of course and more nimble I'd imagine. Does the missus fuss over her much or is not much special dog grooming required?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:05 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

A very interesting mix you have. The Romanian rescue dog must surely feel more secure now. I know what you mean about poor treatment of dogs in some of those eastern European countries. I saw a documentary where some hard-arsed Russian lumberjack type had his dogs chained up in dirty old huts. It looked so miserable for them in winter. Not much better in summer either. When he walked near them they were all cowering... as if they were expecting a swift boot in their midriffs at any moment. I was wondering whether the (Discovery Ch.?) cameraman or presenter had enough guts to tell the guy to treat his dogs a little better... surely the thought must have crossed their minds.

I like the sound of the cockapoo. Just looked it up. Sort of like a smaller version of Barack Obama's Portuguese Water dog but a with a different colour of course and more nimble I'd imagine. Does the missus fuss over her much or is not much special dog grooming required?

Honestly, Pee Jay, some of the stories I have heard from the lady who rescues them from Romania and brings them over here would crush your soul. Horrific treatment sometimes.

She is all happy now though, saved from a life of abject misery and is now spoilt rotten. Although moved me further down the pecking order in the house. I am just about above the gold fish but even that is a matter of time.

The cockapoo is lovely. Massively chilled out dog. Like an Aussie surfer from Bondi! Can't even be bothered to get up and say hello half the time. Then will randomly have a half hour spell when she tears around the house and garden till she is exhausted.

She does need grooming, as they can grow quite a lot of hair but don't shed (engineered that way. That was what I was getting at earlier about them being designed for family life) so need a good trimming in the summer months at least. We just take her to some place down the road. Drop her off, collect her 90 minutes later and she looks the business. Like a newly shorn lamb.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 pm

We had a Dachshund when I was growing up (oversized standard wirehaired). Super dog, although somewhat independent of nature. Used to walk him on some meadows. Every once in a while the little b@stard would decide he wanted some 'me' time and just swim across the river. He'd eventually make his own way home, or he'd get picked up by the woman who ran the local riding stables and who had an Alsatian that he got on with.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:No snow here either but the fields look beautiful. Took the dogs for an early morning stroll and the frost glistening off the trees and fields was lovely. If I had any creativity at all, I would have painted a lovely scene.

Galted, what a time to be a Villa fan. Stevie G doing the business. I know a fascinating anecdote about Stevie G. I must tell you about it one day.

Can't wait for the anecdote, hope it's not as depressing as Rick's Lee Hendrie one.

It is a great time to be a Villa fan.  I see some of the Villa clan are already demanding a champion's league place at the end of the season but I think that's a bit premature, it can wait until next season.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:33 pm

lostinwales wrote:We had a Dachshund when I was growing up (oversized standard wirehaired). Super dog, although somewhat independent of nature. Used to walk him on some meadows. Every once in a while the little b@stard would decide he wanted some 'me' time and just swim across the river. He'd eventually make his own way home, or he'd get picked up by the woman who ran the local riding stables and who had an Alsatian that he got on with.

That's quite sweet, sounds like a Disney movie, 'the Alsatian and the Dachshund'.  Funny how dogs can make friends with each other whereas cats just tend to be c*nts.

My brother's (fairly recently deceased) dog had some interesting dislikes in the animal world.  If I remember correctly she particularly detested monitor lizards, monkeys, baboons and porcupines (the one and only porcupine I've seen in the wild was thanks to her).  She was completely unfussed about larger animals like elephants and lions though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope you found someone to look after his dog on future safaris.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:We had a Dachshund when I was growing up (oversized standard wirehaired). Super dog, although somewhat independent of nature. Used to walk him on some meadows. Every once in a while the little b@stard would decide he wanted some 'me' time and just swim across the river. He'd eventually make his own way home, or he'd get picked up by the woman who ran the local riding stables and who had an Alsatian that he got on with.

That's quite sweet, sounds like a Disney movie, 'the Alsatian and the Dachshund'.  Funny how dogs can make friends with each other whereas cats just tend to be c*nts.

My brother's (fairly recently deceased) dog had some interesting dislikes in the animal world.  If I remember correctly she particularly detested monitor lizards, monkeys, baboons and porcupines (the one and only porcupine I've seen in the wild was thanks to her).  She was completely unfussed about larger animals like elephants and lions though.

He was quite selective about the dogs he was friends with. I didn't see it but he once had a fight with a rough collie (a lassie dog). What I did see is the collie move to the other side of the path on a later walk when he saw my dog.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:59 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sorry to hear about your brother. Hope you found someone to look after his dog on future safaris.

Thanks. He put up an almighty struggle but eventually my dad and I managed to subdue him sufficiently for my mother to get a kick to the head in with her steel toe-capped Hi-Tecs.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:13 am

Tuesday Grey Damp Miserable Fist

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:25 am

I'll sicond that.

I've crafted several elite weapons in Far Cry New Dawn though so my life has added meaning.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:48 am

Tird.
Not feeling well today. Dizzy and light-headed.
Pretty sure it's a brain tumour.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Tird.

Maybe you've got the new Pi strain?

I'm feeling a bit queasy too. It's the lack of sun I think. There's a mild clamminess on the back of my neck for no apparent reason.

Maybe it's just the humidity?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:20 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Tird.

Maybe you've got the new Pi strain?

I'm feeling a bit queasy too. It's the lack of sun I think. There's a mild clamminess on the back of my neck for no apparent reason.

Maybe it's just the humidity?

I have Covid. Might be the new strain, might not. Who knows. Managed to catch it despite 3 jabs. Although the vaccines definitely work on some level as I feel absolutely fine. Literally no symptoms.

Trying to stay away from the rest of the family as much as possible which they seem really happy about.

Mrs Windows has banned me from her workshop though which is a disaster for the dressmaking industry.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:45 am

Why did you get tested if you had no symptoms?
Have you disinfected all your thimbles?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Why did you get tested if you had no symptoms?

Tested positive on a lateral flow so then went and got a PCR.

Haven't disinfected the thimbles, but have cleaned the snare drum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:09 pm

Thnare drum.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:13 pm

Galted wrote:

Thnare drum.

A thimble of respect.

One of my son's mates tested positive at the weekend but so far we are in the clear.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:25 pm

I just posted on the tennis board. First time ever. Feel invigorated already. I don't even watch tennis but I'm aware of what a knob Djokovic is.

I get the sense Jules is a big dog round those parts so hopefully I'll be accepted due to my deep and lasting friendship with him.

First ever post (I think) on the football boards the other day as well. Had a nice little exchange about Weymouth with Duty. That is why he is a new entrant on my favourite poster list. He accepted me with out any judgement.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I just posted on the tennis board. First time ever. Feel invigorated already. I don't even watch tennis but I'm aware of what a knob Djokovic is.

I get the sense Jules is a big dog round those parts so hopefully I'll be accepted due to my deep and lasting friendship with him.

First ever post (I think) on the football boards the other day as well. Had a nice little exchange about Weymouth with Duty. That is why he is a new entrant on my favourite poster list. He accepted me with out any judgement.

I've been ignored on the rugby, cricket and football boards in the last month.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:53 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I just posted on the tennis board. First time ever. Feel invigorated already. I don't even watch tennis but I'm aware of what a knob Djokovic is.

The funny thing to do here would be to ignore you but I've got nothing but love for you, Galted. Can't do it.

The rugby board is a minefield. It's a bit like the Red Admiral in Runcorn. Say the wrong thing, however innocently, and they turn into a bunch of savages. It's all that public school boy angst.

The cricket board is like a turbo w*nky rooftop bar in Shoreditch. You might get the odd moment of pomposity, but you're unlikely to have your face smashed in with a pint glass.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:29 pm

Excellent contribution to the tennis board Tino.
Almost as good as my early morning contribution to the 'anything goes' golf thread.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Excellent contribution to the tennis board Tino.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Get f*cking in there!

Almost as good as my early morning contribution to the 'anything goes' golf thread.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Just read it. Very nice work. I try to stay away from that thread. There is only so much attention seeking from super_c*ntface I can read without going into town and smashing a fat persons face in. Or an immigrant. A fat, religious immigrant would be perfect.  

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:51 pm

Not sure whether Novichok's it all away (winning the most grand slam titles) by not bothering with the jabs but surely his chances will diminish if the other majors follow suit with the AO and demand that all players get vaccinated in order to participate.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:54 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Not sure whether Novichok's it all away (winning the most grand slam titles) by not bothering with the jabs but surely his chances will diminish if the other majors follow suit with the AO and demand that all players get vaccinated in order to participate.

It's not the AO, it's the Aussie government calling the shots. (The shots - geddit?!)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:38 pm

Galted wrote:

The funny thing to do here would be to ignore you but I've got nothing but love for you, Galted. Can't do it.

The rugby board is a minefield. It's a bit like the Red Admiral in Runcorn. Say the wrong thing, however innocently, and they turn into a bunch of savages. It's all that public school boy angst.

The cricket board is like a turbo w*nky rooftop bar in Shoreditch. You might get the odd moment of pomposity, but you're unlikely to have your face smashed in with a pint glass.

I'm not so sure about that, I'd imagine Guildford's pretty handy with a broken bottle when he's had a few.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:44 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I'm not so sure about that, I'd imagine Guildford's pretty handy with a broken bottle when he's had a few.

He can cut quite well.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He can cut quite well.

He's slashed a few bouncers in his time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:57 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He can cut quite well.

I doubt those stories - that's all spin.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:24 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He can cut quite well.

They are all true. He got in trouble for exposing his middle stump.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He can cut quite well.

I won't believe it until I see some umpirical data.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

He can cut quite well.

I won't believe it until I see some umpirical data.

Beers get served in plastic tumblers at the Oval these days. That and there being a quid back on each returned tumbler has significantly reduced my glassing any fellow spectator.

I did like Joey's post on the Ashes thread about the good old Loaf of Bread Survival Test. When Mrs Bat was teaching a few years back, she was trying to educate and entertain her class with various tests and experiments concerning Bread. The lesson had to be abruptly halted when, with her back turned, a particularly challenging halfwit drank the bottle of vinegar intended to be used for one such test.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:45 am

Fist.

What's happened? You scaredy cats worried about being glassed by a plastic tumbler!

Was also hoping for a response on the Film thread to my Margaret Nolan tribute.

Very disappointing effort, chaps.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:56 am

Sicond

I had also seen the stuff about Margaret Nolan but didn't know much about her. Was she the one painted gold?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:08 am

Yes, she was quite an attractive woman. Also in some of the Carry On movies. I was a little shocked when I heard she died last year. Might have mentioned it on here a couple of MSMTS threads back now.

I'll have a read of your tribute to her... not for fear of getting strangled by one of your plastic tumbler snakes but just because you have a gift with the written word.

Thanks for the compliment above, Guildford. I only lost the last 3 slices of bread today. I had to chuck them out. Toasted the two before them after pinching some mould of the crust. It didn't kill me... it actually tasted OK smothered with marmalade.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:10 am

lostinwales wrote:Sicond

I had also seen the stuff about Margaret Nolan but didn't know much about her. Was she the one painted gold?

No, that was the delectable Shirley Eaton who is still around. Margaret Nolan played Dink in Goldfinger although tbf I only know that from what I read on imdb - a blink and you missed her role, I would guess.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next