The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 03 Feb 2022, 9:49 am

lostinwales wrote:The thing is that if you include the barely civilised bit at the top of the mainland and look for the middle it isn't far from Manchester.

We sometimes have running water and electricity.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Thu 03 Feb 2022, 9:50 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:Where the roads end. I would suspect that it's Stoke.

Spot on.

Stoke is the cut off point. And ironically, Stoke should be cut off from civilisation. They have the worst of all the Southern traits, yet pretend they are Northern.

Could be a good time to remind you of the strip club I went to in Stoke though. Still waiting to see where that bottle of Champagne ended up.

I once inadvertently attended a strip show in a pub in King's Cross which was so repulsive I sat with my back to the action.  She had the cheek to wave a tankard in my face afterwards expecting a tip (non-euphemistically).

I love the fact you fell off an old brass with a semi on but were repulsed by a strip show.

L*l out lout.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 03 Feb 2022, 10:53 am

Galted wrote:

Spot on.

Stoke is the cut off point. And ironically, Stoke should be cut off from civilisation. They have the worst of all the Southern traits, yet pretend they are Northern.

Could be a good time to remind you of the strip club I went to in Stoke though. Still waiting to see where that bottle of Champagne ended up.

I once inadvertently attended a strip show in a pub in King's Cross which was so repulsive I sat with my back to the action.  She had the cheek to wave a tankard in my face afterwards expecting a tip (non-euphemistically).

I love the fact you fell off an old brass with a semi on but were repulsed by a strip show.

Was sober during the strip show, perhaps if I'd been in the pub a while I may have graced her with my attention.  The brass it has to be said was fit, it was the alcohol and the wobbly hospital bed which were my undoing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 03 Feb 2022, 10:54 am

Has anyone seen Julius recently?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:04 am

Galted wrote:Has anyone seen Julius recently?

I saw someone in a field the other day. They were riding on horseback wearing a Henry VIII outfit chasing a homeless person and firing bows at them. Must have been Jules?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:05 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Spot on.

L*l out lout.  

Alright, flower. No need to be like that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:06 am

I'm not England's dream of winning the Women's Ashes.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:07 am

I saw someone in a field the other day. They were riding on horseback wearing a Henry VIII outfit chasing a homeless person and firing bows at them. Must have been Jules?

Is that pronounced 'bows' or 'bows'?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 03 Feb 2022, 11:11 am

Unusual technique. So one holds the arrow and then lets the bow hurtle towards the target at low velocity? Or am I missing something?

Haven't seen him either. I've been in some remote locations in the past week. It's almost like stepping back in time. How they ever found some of these places I'll never know... impossible country to travel by foot or even horse. It's hard enough with a car these days.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Feb 2022, 9:06 am

Had my heart set on a fist today but, now that I've achieved it, I don't feel as fulfilled as I thought I would.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Feb 2022, 9:08 am

At least I can tell the difference between a bow and an arrow though, that's some consolation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 04 Feb 2022, 9:26 am

Sicond. Work has this 9/80 scheme where if you get through your allotted 80 hours over 2 weeks in 9 days you take the tenth off. I opted out of that for a couple of reasons, but today is the day.

Which means nobody is going to be bothering me all day Smile

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Feb 2022, 10:30 am

Galted wrote:At least I can tell the difference between a bow and an arrow though, that's some consolation.

C*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Feb 2022, 11:50 am

Galted wrote:At least I can tell the difference between a bow and an arrow though, that's some consolation.

C*nt.

And now for the punchline...

Bow is a station what is on the District Line and 'arrow is station what is on the Metropolitan Line.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 04 Feb 2022, 11:57 am

Galted wrote:

C*nt.

Bow is a station what is on the District Line and 'arrow is station what is on the Metropolitan Line.

We can't wait.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 04 Feb 2022, 5:54 pm

Galted wrote:

C*nt.

We can't wait.

Tw*t.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 04 Feb 2022, 10:07 pm

... but oi don't wanna coach England!
(kicks empty waste paper basket across room)

A poor Justin Langer impersonation to dwell on over the weekend

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Feb 2022, 8:58 am

Fist.

Pretty sh*t on Friday despite the excellent efforts of LIW, PJ and myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:14 am

Sicond.

I bloody love rugby, don't I?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:15 am

Tird
Fear not Galted, it will be worse today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:37 am

superflyweight wrote:Sicond.  

I've said it on here before but whenever England and Scotland play it is the worst weekend I have. I may as well turn my phone off as my dad, despite living 75% of his life south of the border, suddenly becomes Scottish again and spams me.

I think I told you but last year I did turn my phone off so he rang Mrs Windows and told her to tell me a lie to get me on the phone then then called me a c*nt in some phoney Scottish accent.

This year he sent me a message so I opened it and it was a video clip of a load of jocks singing Flower of Scotland before lifting their kilts and flashing their knobs.

The next message simply read "hahahahahahaha. You c*nt".

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:47 am

I've said it on here before but whenever England and Scotland play it is the worst weekend I have. I may as well turn my phone off as my dad, despite living 75% of his life south of the border, suddenly becomes Scottish again and spams me.

I think I told you but last year I did turn my phone off so he rang Mrs Windows and told her to tell me a lie to get me on the phone then then called me a c*nt in some phoney Scottish accent.

This year he sent me a message so I opened it and it was a video clip of a load of jocks singing Flower of Scotland before lifting their kilts and flashing their knobs.

Hahahahahahaha. You c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 9:54 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

F*ck off, dad.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Hahahahahahaha!

So Supes, how does it feel now that Scotland is the emerging superpower in rugby? Watched some highlights... they have an air of confidence about them, some fit looking bastardes currently playing and they seem to have lost that fear factor against the old enemy. Good to see (for you, me and Tino's Dad) but I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to hear all the Cùm ort from the Scottish fans... although we don't hear it much from here.

Tino, I have a similar situation (x 15 though... because we lose much more often against them) with a family member from NZ. I wish I could offer you some advice but unfortunately I cannot. You just have to cop the text/ear bashing I'm afraid. What makes it worse for me is the lead up to the matches when my Mum always says "they (ABs) are a weaker team this year... the Wallabies are going to win for sure." Yeah right, Mum. Cue the slaughter!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:06 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Hahahahahahaha!

So Supes, how does it feel now that Scotland is the emerging superpower in rugby? Watched some highlights... they have an air of confidence about them, some fit looking bastardes currently playing and they seem to have lost that fear factor against the old enemy. Good to see (for you, me and Tino's Dad) but I can't begin to imagine how hard it must be to hear all the Cùm ort from the Scottish fans... although we don't hear it much from here.

Tino, I have a similar situation (x 15 though... because we lose much more often against them) with a family member from NZ. I wish I could offer you some advice but unfortunately I cannot. You just have to cop the text/ear bashing I'm afraid. What makes it worse for me is the lead up to the matches when my Mum always says "they (ABs) are a weaker team this year... the Wallabies are going to win for sure." Yeah right, Mum. Cue the slaughter!

I can't let myself be optimistic about it, PJ.  It's more than likely that Scotland will revert to type and lose against the Welsh while England put 60 past Italy.  Scotland will then lose to everyone else and will just sneak past Italy to finish in our usual position around 4th or 5th.

Last edited by superflyweight on Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:09 am

When England got beat by Germany in Euro '96, me and my pal went straight to the payphone in the pub and started phoning random English phone numbers and shouting 'c*nts' down the line when they answered.  I really hope we unwittingly called the Rees Mogg residence.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:10 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, I do remember your ma is a Kiwi. I feel your pain.

I think the key difference though, Pee Jay, is that your mum probably likes you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:12 am

Almost wee'd myself reading Super's phone booth exploits.  Laugh
True Tino, but that makes it even worse. It's like I'm being taken for some dim-witted Ocka Mug... with barely an apology after the inevitable result. I'm usually left to suffer in silence... and dwell upon the "what ifs?"

What surprised me was Wales' total capitulation against Ireland. I thought they were a decent team and Ireland were sort of tapering off. Didn't know Sexton was still playing either. I know home ground advantage plays a big part but Ireland completely wiped them out of the game.

Anyway Supes, I hope they notch another win against Wales next and maybe break that traditional pattern. Would be great if it came down to week 5 with an Ireland-Scotland decider.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:19 am; edited 3 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:17 am

Pal Joey wrote:What surprised me was Wales' total capitulation against Ireland. I thought they were a decent team and Ireland were sort of tapering off. Didn't know Sexton was still playing either. I know home ground advantage plays a big part but Ireland completely wiped them out of the game.

Anyway Supes, I hope they notch another win against Wales next and maybe break that traditional pattern. Would be great if it came down to week 5 with an Ireland-Scotland decider.

Wales have decent back line but their forwards are like a bunch of children compared to the Irish pack who are pretty formidable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:18 am

superflyweight wrote:

When England got beat by Germany in Euro '96, me and my pal went straight to the payphone in the pub and started phoning random English phone numbers and shouting 'c*nts' down the line when they answered.  I really hope we unwittingly called the Rees Mogg residence.

I doubt his butler will have passed the message on though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:39 am

Before I forget, here are some recent snaps for your perusal, Tino.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

First one was at Mum's place. Odd... I've never seen one so close to the city - only 7 miles away. Thought none existed in that location.
Second one... excuse the poor quality. Taken from a video. Must be a pack of them nearby?
Third one near river next to a built up area. Got quite close to it and it didn't seem afraid. Wonder how it survives with all the predatory birds nearby.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Mind the windows Tino. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:48 am

It was a very annoying game. The most 'world class' thing about the Scots was that they kept their nerve despite rarely having the ball and seldom being able to keep hold of it when they did. England did almost everything right. Unfortunately the bits they got wrong were not scoring points and then losing their heads at the end.

Happy days, not.

Followed yesterday by having water coming through the light fitting of no.2 son's bedroom at 6AM (still not sure from where as attic space above all dry - think it actually came from a leak in the neighbour's roof.) and then making the mistake of going to see 'Nightmare Alley' at the flicks.

(Spectacular to look at but immensely long and after a point varying between just not being engaging and outright boredom)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 07 Feb 2022, 10:50 am

Pal Joey wrote:Before I forget, here are some recent snaps for your perusal, Tino.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

First one was at Mum's place. Odd... I've never seen one so close to the city - only 7 miles away. Thought none existed in that location.
Second one... excuse the poor quality. Taken from a video. Must be a pack of them nearby?
Third one near river next to a built up area. Got quite close to it and it didn't seem afraid. Wonder how it survives with all the predatory birds nearby.

Driving home late last night saw a badger at the side of the road looking for a way through a fence that was not there. It was sprinting for all its worth. Looked fantastic.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 07 Feb 2022, 11:10 am

lostinwales wrote:It was a very annoying game. The most 'world class' thing about the Scots was that they kept their nerve despite rarely having the ball and seldom being able to keep hold of it when they did. England did almost everything right. Unfortunately the bits they got wrong were not scoring points and then losing their heads at the end.

Happy days, not.

Followed yesterday by having water coming through the light fitting of no.2 son's bedroom at 6AM (still not sure from where as attic space above all dry - think it actually came from a leak in the neighbour's roof.) and then making the mistake of going to see 'Nightmare Alley' at the flicks.

(Spectacular to look at but immensely long and after a point varying between just not being engaging and outright boredom)

I didn't mention it on here but I had a mini disaster here on Nov. 30 last year.

I heard some water trickling on the ceiling above my walk-in-robe during a torrential downpour. By the next morning there was a definite wet line along the joint where two plasterboard sheets met... then the proper drips starting coming through at a decent rate. Grabbed 3 buckets and about a dozen towels. About an hour later there was a definite "v" shape. I knew what was next. It was like that movie Earthquake where the inspector looks at the small crack on the dam wall and then raises the alert. Sure enough by about 11am the ceiling collapsed. Also blew 6 LV downlight transformers.

I got straight onto the insurance company; they were great. Had a Make Safe team here mid afternoon who removed all the debris. Luckily I had also placed some old bed sheets over the wardrobe and the ceiling collapse completely missed that part. These guys then took all the wet debris away and arranged the carpet driers. I had 86% moisture... can't leave that for too long otherwise you get the bacterial smell coming through from the underlay. Left the heater/dehumidifier on for about 36 hours and got the moisture level down below the acceptable 26%. Then got the carpet cleaned... lovely fresh aroma now.

Turned out the problem was caused by the air conditioning unit on the roof above. A conduit had split at a junction (due to heatwave from 2019-20) and the water somehow then tracked down the gap and onto the top of the ceiling below the roof.

Anyway the good news. Have been ignoring the look of the ceiling - big hole up there (and a bit slack over Christmas/New Year) and so far so good... no more water. Heavy rain today. I got a call 3 hours ago and the team is arriving at 7am tomorrow to do the repair work and also paint a few walls. Had to pay $600 excess but the total cost of the repair work is around $3500. It was a scary experience but the thing I'm most proud of is that I didn't panic. You can't undo what's happened and you just have to follow the steps through the insurer and make sure the root cause is fixed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 07 Feb 2022, 11:36 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Before I forget, here are some recent snaps for your perusal, Tino.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Driving home late last night saw a badger at the side of the road looking for a way through a fence that was not there. It was sprinting for all its worth. Looked fantastic.

I've been doing a fair bit of travelling by car recently and I must say I'm impressed with the roadside infrastructure here. Everything seems so well designed; no corners cut and no expense spared. There are so many wildlife signs warning motorists of the various animals in the vicinity.

They've also gone to the trouble of making tunnels under the motorways at regular intervals for large marsupials... wombats, possums and native mice, etc. Then they've got these overhead 'socks' connected by tall posts either side of the road for animals that prefer to take the high road. It's quite cool. They have cameras everywhere to get a handle on the numbers using these devices and apparently there is a big take up.

Still get roadkill but there definitely seemed to be less on my last few trips. Maybe the cadaver clean up teams do the rounds more frequently?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Feb 2022, 11:58 am

lostinwales wrote:It was a very annoying game. The most 'world class' thing about the Scots was that they kept their nerve despite rarely having the ball and seldom being able to keep hold of it when they did. England did almost everything right. Unfortunately the bits they got wrong were not scoring points and then losing their heads at the end.

Sounds a bit like a role reversal of the Eng-SA game - in the ascendancy after going behind, yours to lose and throw it away at the end.

I watched it but had a beer in each half to celebrate the end of dry January and embarrassingly, can't remember that much of the game, though Cowan-Dickie's generosity is hard to forget.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 07 Feb 2022, 12:03 pm

The only way to combat behaviour like that is to spread a rumour that he used to fiddle with you when you were little.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 07 Feb 2022, 12:34 pm

Galted wrote:

The only way to combat behaviour like that is to spread a rumour that he used to fiddle with you when you were little.
Too soon, Galted. Too soon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 07 Feb 2022, 12:58 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've been doing a fair bit of travelling by car recently and I must say I'm impressed with the roadside infrastructure here. Everything seems so well designed; no corners cut and no expense spared. There are so many wildlife signs warning motorists of the various animals in the vicinity.

They've also gone to the trouble of making tunnels under the motorways at regular intervals for large marsupials... wombats, possums and native mice, etc. Then they've got these overhead 'socks' connected by tall posts either side of the road for animals that prefer to take the high road. It's quite cool. They have cameras everywhere to get a handle on the numbers using these devices and apparently there is a big take up.

Still get roadkill but there definitely seemed to be less on my last few trips. Maybe the cadaver clean up teams do the rounds more frequently?

Wife used to work in educational publishing. An author writing a book about wildlife suggested checking roadkill to see what animals live locally.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 08 Feb 2022, 9:27 am

Self unmichaelising fist of a Tuesday.

What a day!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Feb 2022, 9:41 am

All in all I'm just another sicond in the wall.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 08 Feb 2022, 9:43 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:All in all I'm just another sicond in the wall.

Hey, Tino's dad. Leave those kids alone.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Feb 2022, 9:58 am

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 08 Feb 2022, 10:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 08 Feb 2022, 10:16 am

Bit hurtful that we have a decent start to the day when I'm not involved.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 08 Feb 2022, 10:20 am

Galted wrote:Bit hurtful that we have a decent start to the day when I'm not involved.

I'm sure it will get even better from here, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Feb 2022, 10:24 am

Galted wrote:Bit hurtful that we only have a decent start to the day when I'm not involved.

Fixed for you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 08 Feb 2022, 10:57 am

Trusting none of you guys were Bamber Gascoigne. Suspected he was unwell with Paxman standing in.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 08 Feb 2022, 11:27 am

guildfordbat wrote:Trusting none of you guys were Bamber Gascoigne. Suspected he was unwell with Paxman standing in.

Laugh

Another one of those I didn't realise were alive until they died.  I've never been able to separate him from the Griff Rhys-Jones version in the Young Ones.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 08 Feb 2022, 11:29 am

guildfordbat wrote:Trusting none of you guys were Bamber Gascoigne. Suspected he was unwell with Paxman standing in.

He was fine until recently, but then they had to hurry him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next