The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 13 Feb 2022, 6:31 pm

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 13 Feb 2022, 7:15 pm

dynamark wrote:We are  playing Wet Spam later there have been some very imaginative suggestions for cat related chants or goal celebrations should we score(which is quite unlikely TBH).Im thinking of as banner saying 'can I have your cat please' along the lines of the shirt posters the kids hold up

😂I’ve been waiting for something like that…or an offer for his cat accessories seeing as he’ll not be needing them any time soon. Did you see the Souness clip from earlier today? It’s a belter. Says something along the lines of , “from what I can see in the video, it doesn’t look like the cat’s done anything wrong”. Talk about accidental partridge

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 13 Feb 2022, 7:23 pm

https://twitter.com/accidentalp/status/1492907863710355463?s=21

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon 14 Feb 2022, 12:50 pm

Re the cat the west ham fans beat us to it with a well sang song based on 'my old mans a dustman he wears a dustmans Hat(cat) he wears cor blimey trousers and lives in a council flat(cat)'
About 4000 of them all singing away but he didnt play got injured in the warm up allegedly

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Tue 15 Feb 2022, 5:50 pm

McLaren wrote:Pal Joey

Honestly Neighbors was amazing jerking material back in the day. Home from school you could pop neighbors on and crack one off to one of a number of characters. Libby, Susan, Anne, Sky, Elle Robinson, The Scullies. The list was endless. Great times. Sad to see it go.

There's a lot of information there. :-) Maybe too much.

I guess that must have been pre 1990s because the 'web offers every kind of 'speciality' movie these days, and all very well indexed too, so you can select exactly what you want. At least that's what I've been told... 😜

Since you are heavily into Australian soaps, I need to boast that I have played both tennis and golf with Emily Simons, once of Home & Away. She is (was) both lovely and very nice. Strangely enough, for a while she was related by marriage to Frida from Abba. I'd always assumed Frida was Swedish - turns out she's Norwegian.

There you go - from self abuse to Oslo in one swing.

George1507

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 15 Feb 2022, 6:15 pm

George1507 wrote:
McLaren wrote:Pal Joey

Honestly Neighbors was amazing jerking material back in the day. Home from school you could pop neighbors on and crack one off to one of a number of characters. Libby, Susan, Anne, Sky, Elle Robinson, The Scullies. The list was endless. Great times. Sad to see it go.

There's a lot of information there. :-) Maybe too much.

I guess that must have been pre 1990s because the 'web offers every kind of 'speciality' movie these days, and all very well indexed too, so you can select exactly what you want. At least that's what I've been told... 😜

Since you are heavily into Australian soaps, I need to boast that I have played both tennis and golf with Emily Simons, once of Home & Away. She is (was) both lovely and very nice. Strangely enough, for a while she was related by marriage to Frida from Abba. I'd always assumed Frida was Swedish - turns out she's Norwegian.

There you go - from self abuse to Oslo in one swing.

Wasnt Matt Le Tissier pumping her for a while?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Tue 15 Feb 2022, 7:29 pm

Quite possibly but "who is pumping you now?" isn't the sort of question you ask your golf partner.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Feb 2022, 7:43 pm

Great anecdote, George. I didn't know she was related to Frida for a while.

Long story, but in the early 80s, just as she was gaining traction in the modelling scene, one of my brother's friends (actually the drummer in a band) was 'going out' with Elle Macpherson's best friend. The 4 of them had a hit of social tennis at the home of Elle's best buddy. It was a grass court of course.

I'm not sure which set of the match it was but at some stage part of the upper anatomy of The Body's - body - just happened to slip out of her top. She continued playing the point as if there was nothing much to it... then nonchalantly tucked it back in at the end of the point.

Let's just say my brother has happy mammaries of the incident.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TM2K Tue 15 Feb 2022, 8:10 pm

George1507 wrote:Quite possibly but "who is pumping you now?" isn't the sort of question you ask your golf partner.

It’d be one of the more civilised conversations in some of our fourballs when there’s a few quid riding on it!!

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by TM2K Tue 15 Feb 2022, 8:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Great anecdote, George. I didn't know she was related to Frida for a while.

Long story, but in the early 80s, just as she was gaining traction in the modelling scene, one of my brother's friends (actually the drummer in a band) was 'going out' with Elle Macpherson's best friend. The 4 of them had a hit of social tennis at the home of Elle's best buddy. It was a grass court of course.

I'm not sure which set of the match it was but at some stage part of the upper anatomy of The Body's - body - just happened to slip out of her top. She continued playing the point as if there was nothing much to it... then nonchalantly tucked it back in at the end of the point.

Let's just say my brother has happy mammaries of the incident.

Wonderful!

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by TM2K Tue 15 Feb 2022, 8:19 pm

Not much of a surprise but Randy Andy’s agreed a settlement sadly…I’d have loved to see him squirming in court and give his no sweating claim a stern test.

Nobody’s come out of this looking good in reality but one good thing is he’s paying a considerable sum to charity. So much for her wanting her day in court….she couldn’t look after the photo properly by all accounts

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 16 Feb 2022, 9:08 am

TM2K wrote:Not much of a surprise but Randy Andy’s agreed a settlement sadly…I’d have loved to see him squirming in court and give his no sweating claim a stern test.

Nobody’s come out of this looking good in reality but one good thing is he’s paying a considerable sum to charity. So much for her wanting her day in court….she couldn’t look after the photo properly by all accounts

What do you mean "he's paying"?
More like we are paying.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 16 Feb 2022, 12:55 pm

Thank the lord thats done now we can concentrate on proper news like the price of fish and Boris Johnsons cat.
The thing I never quite got was the alleged action took place here where the age of consent is 16 and she was 17

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 16 Feb 2022, 1:02 pm

The implication is that she didn't consent and was coerced.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 1:52 pm

dynamark wrote:Thank the lord thats done now we can concentrate on proper news like the price of fish and Boris Johnsons cat.
The thing I never  quite got was the alleged action took place here where the age of consent is 16 and she was 17

Dyna, are you simple?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 1:52 pm

Super

How would you respond if a playing partner asked who you were pumping?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 1:54 pm

TM2K wrote: So much for her wanting her day in court….she couldn’t look after the photo properly by all accounts

Apparently the vast majority of civil case in the US are settled out of court, like 90%. The amount she got (reported to be £12m) is a sign that it wasn't Andrew who had a strong negotiating position during the settlement.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 16 Feb 2022, 1:57 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Id tell them. Why not?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:00 pm

I saw a documentary on Jeffery Epstein (on netflix) and he was one twisted dude.

You are 100% correct Mac ... if she got 12M pounds there was quite a bit I'm guessing Andrew wished to avoid. I know virtually nothing about titles and stuff, but if he was stripped of a bunch of them will the Queen now give them back?

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:16 pm

super_realist wrote:
TM2K wrote:Not much of a surprise but Randy Andy’s agreed a settlement sadly…I’d have loved to see him squirming in court and give his no sweating claim a stern test.

More like we are paying.

The word on the street is he's paying her £12 million, £10 million to a charity, £5 million to her lawyers and £3 million to his own lawyers. £30 million. Kerching!

The queen is obviously paying because he Andrew hasn't got £3 million, let alone £30 million.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:20 pm

dynamark wrote:Thank the lord thats done now we can concentrate on proper news like the price of fish and Boris Johnsons cat.
The thing I never  quite got was the alleged action took place here where the age of consent is 16 and she was 17

There's a legal concept called extraterritoriality. If you commit crimes against American citizens you can be tried for them under US law, in the US, regardless of where the crime took place.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:25 pm

George1507 wrote:

There's a legal concept called extraterritoriality. If you commit crimes against American citizens you can be tried for them under US law, in the US, regardless of where the crime took place.

Doesnt apply to private citizens, only diplomatic people.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:37 pm

George1507 wrote:
The word on the street is he's paying her £12 million, £10 million to a charity, £5 million to her lawyers and £3 million to his own lawyers. £30 million. Kerching!

The queen is obviously paying because he Andrew hasn't got £3 million, let alone £30 million.

Wow, I had only seen the £12 part. If all those numbers are correct he is going to have to ask the queen to cover most of it.

I know it will never happen, but given the Royals are publicly funded (and a lot of this might be about to go on covering Andrews fees for raping a woman) is there not an imperative to have some sort of public inquiry into exactly what Andrew has been up to?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:38 pm

super_realist wrote:

Id tell them. Why not?

Just wondered if incels were comfortable talking about it in public.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 16 Feb 2022, 2:42 pm

Shotrock wrote:I saw a documentary on Jeffery Epstein (on netflix) and he was one twisted dude.

You are 100% correct Mac ... if she got 12M pounds there was quite a bit I'm guessing Andrew wished to avoid. I know virtually nothing about titles and stuff, but if he was stripped of a bunch of them will the Queen now give them back?

And I bet it wasn't just Andrew that wished to avoid a court case. I assume the Queen would never take the risk of a high ranking royal being exposed to the powers of a legal system. God knows what the royals could be forced to cough up, and maybe Andrew wouldn't be the only one in a spot of bother.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 16 Feb 2022, 5:27 pm

Its all happening here all of a sudden Netflix is the oracle we all know how much dosh Andrew has and Mac no im not simple just asking the question.
As said it is/was a civil case which is pretty common in the US as opposed to a criminal case.Ambulance chasing was the old term.
Either way the R and A has a vacancy.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 18 Feb 2022, 7:11 am

Oooff…not often a Bundesliga team ships 4 goals at home in Europe. Rarer than hens teeth that one would do so to a Scottish club.
Only half time but jeez what a result.

Nice to see the other lot doing their bit for the coefficient….NOT!! Ffs

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Feb 2022, 9:51 am

Good result for the Huns. Didnt see that coming. Beyond expectations and a bit of a freak result given Scottish clubs peer group.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 18 Feb 2022, 10:15 am

Hiring managers who had notable club success is so important when it comes to competing in Europe. Van Bronckhorst and Gerrard before him know how to win these games, that experience trickles down to the current players.

Gio actually won the Champions League the year after Gerrard.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Feb 2022, 1:44 pm

Darling of the left Jurmstin Trudea seems to have fully gone mental now.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 18 Feb 2022, 7:12 pm

super_realist wrote:Darling of the left Jurmstin Trudea seems to have fully gone mental now.

What happened?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Feb 2022, 7:27 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Darling of the left Jurmstin Trudea seems to have fully gone mental now.

What happened?

He wants to freeze the bank acclunts of people protesting.

Personally, I think whilst you should have the right to protest, you shouldn't have the right to inconvenience people, but whilst he allows all other protests, he doesnt want this one. Amongst many other moronic examples of his lunacy.

Seeks that a lot of leaders are going a bit mad these days, Trudeau, Ardern, Johnson, Biden, Scholtz.... any others?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 18 Feb 2022, 7:41 pm

super_realist wrote:Seeks that a lot of  leaders are going a bit mad these days, Trudeau, Ardern, Johnson, Biden, Scholtz.... any others?

Putin?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 18 Feb 2022, 8:03 pm

Thankfully we have the ever stable Nicola Sturgeon. One of the few sensible leaders left.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by TM2K Sat 19 Feb 2022, 8:56 am

super_realist wrote:

More like we are paying.

You’re absolutely right, my mistake. I bet that slimy git hasn’t paid for anything his whole pampered life.

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by TM2K Sat 19 Feb 2022, 12:49 pm

I'm never wrong wrote:
super_realist wrote:Seeks that a lot of  leaders are going a bit mad these days, Trudeau, Ardern, Johnson, Biden, Scholtz.... any others?

Putin?

It’d be fair to say he’s not going mad, he’s always been bloody nuts!

TM2K

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sat 19 Feb 2022, 2:21 pm

TM2K wrote:
super_realist wrote:

More like we are paying.

You’re absolutely right, my mistake. I bet that slimy git hasn’t paid for anything his whole pampered life.

Being married to Sarah Ferguson is a payment of sorts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

TM2K likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 20 Feb 2022, 8:23 am

McLaren wrote:Thankfully we have the ever stable Nicola Sturgeon. One of the few sensible leaders left.

Ha ha, nice WUM Mac, Grupoenfuhrer Sturgeon and Kim Jon Drakeford are awful leaders.

In fact, are there any countries with good leaders?

Not sure how I managed to miss Putin and Macron off my list of useless and dangerous leaders.

Not even Trump froze bank accounts, confiscated pets  or froze go fund me pages for protestors. Canadian authoritarianism seems to be excused because the lefties love Trudeau.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 20 Feb 2022, 9:21 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Thankfully we have the ever stable Nicola Sturgeon. One of the few sensible leaders left.

Ha ha, nice WUM Mac, Grupoenfuhrer Sturgeon and Kim Jon Drakeford are awful leaders.

Not sure how I managed to miss Putin and Macron off my list of useless and dangerous leaders.

Not even Trump froze bank accounts, confiscated pets  or froze go fund me pages for protestors. Canadian authoritarianism seems to be excused because the lefties love Trudeau.

Fidel loved him. Explains a lot doesn't it?

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 20 Feb 2022, 10:40 am

Pal Joey wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Spoiler:

Theres some stupid woke pub in Bristol who have boycotted Bacardi because the Bacardi family tried to topple the communist dictator Castro.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 21 Feb 2022, 5:16 pm

super_realist wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Spoiler:

Theres some stupid woke pub in Bristol who have boycotted Bacardi because the Bacardi family tried to topple the communist dictator Castro.
Easy to slag off leaders but I’m absolutely gagging to hear your positive views on what makes a good leader and give us and example or 2. If you know what makes an awful leader then logic would say you would also have a view on what a good leader is. The stage is yours….fire away ;-)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 21 Feb 2022, 7:50 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Spoiler:

Easy to slag off leaders but I’m absolutely gagging to hear your positive views on what makes a good leader and give us and example or 2. If you know what makes an awful leader then logic would say you would also have a view on what a good leader is. The stage is yours….fire away ;-)

Why would amypne think that it wasn't a good idea to get rid of disgraceful dictator like Castro?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 23 Feb 2022, 12:51 pm

Trudeau and the European left always had a soft spot for Castro and Cuba. Anti-capitalist revolutions is their wettest dream.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 23 Feb 2022, 1:00 pm

This Ukraine thing reminds of the Sudetenland crisis in the late 30's. To be honest it's a lose lose situation for the West. The only solution is heavy sanctions, and cut the gas supplies, even if it means firing up the coal again or import fracked gas from the US.

NATO should stay out of this, despite some leaders rattling the cold war sabre, including the senile American president. We should not get militarily involved in this. I think we just have to admit and accept that it's tough luck being a small country next to a big nationalist belittled empire.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Feb 2022, 1:16 pm

Biden really is living up to his record low approval ratings. He is so weak and ineffective.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Feb 2022, 1:59 pm

Super

What do you think Biden should have done?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Feb 2022, 2:00 pm

pedro wrote:This Ukraine thing reminds of the Sudetenland crisis in the late 30's. To be honest it's a lose lose situation for the West. The only solution is heavy sanctions, and cut the gas supplies, even if it means firing up the coal again or import fracked gas from the US.

NATO should stay out of this, despite some leaders rattling the cold war sabre, including the senile American president. We should not get militarily involved in this. I think we just have to admit and accept that it's tough luck being a small country next to a big nationalist belittled empire.

I think the same. So much violent history there and it's basically super-nationalists v super-nationalists with millions of poor people caught up in between. Although this latest situation is Putin's creation (just saw him sign the authorisation for the 'peacekeepers' to use military force) the West (or more correctly; a handful of political and greedy business elites) has led Ukraine down the garden path whilst trying to line their own pockets. So in the big picture - it's not really about freedom for the average person at all. They are the potential victims of what's unfolding now. I admire their brave words.

It's similar in many ways to how people were encouraged to embrace the Arab Spring without really fully understanding the heavy political, ethnic, cultural forces in play. Then the crackdowns began. It's like putting a match to dynamite or at least adding fuel to the fire! I believe it would be best if Ukraine is never admitted to NATO. Unfortunately, it's better for us if they remain a buffer state separating the EU and Russia. It's at the heart of The Great Pivot between Europe and Asia and will always be bloodily contested. I agree there are similarities with Sudetenland but that was Central Europe and this is on another level today in 2022.

The other very important thing to bear in mind is that if Putin feels even more cornered (by the West/NATO) geographically and politically it only brings us closer to potential desperate use of bigger and deadlier weapons by such an authoritarian nutter. Don't poke the bear...  but maybe give him some crumbs. That looks like appeasement I know but it's already happened... or it's happening right now. Kharkiv Ob. will be next, then eastern Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia up to the east bank of the Dnepr. Then he'll probably take a breather for a year or more.

Many might disagree but probably those lands east of the Dnepr (which Stalin gifted to Ukraine because they, western Ukraine, were mostly a backward agrarian society in the early 20th C up until the early 30s famine... and not more industrial like the Donbass) are 'more Russian' and maybe a dividing line should be drawn there. Also Ukraine has since developed industries in the western half post-War, so they should be able to stand on their own two feet - just that the leadership is so dodgy and corrupt and are unwilling or unable to effectively manage the economy and politics of the place. I can see why given their tragic and violent history with USSR, Poland, Lithuania, Germany...

The biggest problem will be though if Putin decides to go the whole way to the border of Poland... link up that enclave in Moldova via Odessa... even swallow up Belarus, etc. It would be much, much worse then having a hard border with Central Eastern Europe... with weapons and troops lined up on both sides. There would need to be a hell of a lot of catching up to do militarily - in addition to coordinating all the capabilities of these NATO forces. There may be some crack units in the West but actual army numbers are not large enough (at the moment) to counter the other lot.

In the meantime I think 'we' just need to keep alert, don't 'appease' but also don't try and interfere. Looking at a few documentaries on RT recently - those kids (on both sides) are really primed for a conflict. We aren't. Then there's the school kids who are the next generation of diehards. It's so awful. It's really cranking up now. Denis Pushilin, Head of State of the newly formed People's Republic of Donetsk looks and sounds like a horrible piece of work. He looks like a cross between Castro and Bin-Laden.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 23 Feb 2022, 2:21 pm; edited 3 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Feb 2022, 2:03 pm

What do you think Biden should have done?

Perhaps not be such a dithering old duffer who can barely read an autocue?
Do you really think Putin is going to be intimidated by such insipid rhetoric and weak sanctions?

Im not expecting invasion as Ukraine arent in NATO, but this whole episode is another example of how useless he is.
Do you think he's good?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Feb 2022, 2:30 pm

Super

But what do you think he should do?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Feb 2022, 2:39 pm

But what do you think he should do?

Stricter sanctions, how about sanctions on more than two banks and five individuals?

super_realist

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next