The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
BlueCoverman
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
22 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri May 06, 2022 6:45 pm

JAS wrote:
JAS wrote:I’ve purposely avoided posting before Rangers last few Europa league games as Dortmund onwards I’ve felt they’ve been punching above their weight (every side they’ve beaten has been ranked above them). I do think they’ll come unstuck tonight as there are too many key players now on the treatment table but the post I saw this morning really struck home
“Nine years ago today we travelled to East Stirling in the Scottish 3rd division, today we travel to Germany for a Europa League semi final.”

Given where they were and given the domestic environment they operate in that many dismiss as “tinpot”, by any stretch that is a remarkable achievement. In a domestic season where they’ve fallen short of the heights they reached last season, to still be in the mix in Europe is quite remarkable.

Can only wish them good luck but I fear tonight’s the night when the flame gets extinguished.

Carlsberg don’t do inaccurate predictions but if they did…

I know I’m a bit biased but a what an amazing run Rangers have had.

A Europa League Final is not something I imagined in my wildest dreams

Fair play Jas, I didnt think a Scotch team would ever get to a European knockout stage ever again so it is surprising.
One would imagine they will he desperate to win given the carrot of a Champions League spot, something that if only Celtic get would mean Rangersbgoing backwards through lack of revenue.

Pretty much a 50/50 chance too, not like its Barca or PSG its only Eintracht (although Frankfurt will also be thinking "its only Rangers")

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Sat May 07, 2022 9:27 am

beninho wrote:Proper football tonight anyway, league one play off first leg. Mighty Chairboys against thr Franchise Team.

I don't think we will go through, but it's a horrible team to get knocked out by!

Good win on Thursday Ben. One foot at Wembley?
2-0 is a decent lead to take into the second leg. MK Dons are a decent side though.

On them. Who did the people of Milton Keynes support before they were formed I wonder?

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sun May 08, 2022 8:30 pm

Congrats Ben.
Thought MK might have got the second. Great defence from Wycombe.

Should make for a good final whoever you play.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon May 09, 2022 9:42 am

It was a horrible game to watch. Seems we played to not lose by 2 or more, and somehow we held on. I could barely watch the second half.

To get to Wembley with our squad is impressive though, and we won't be favourites against Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Vardry vs Rooney pishes all over Heard and Depp.

Vardy seems an awful person who was clearly leaking to the sun. How she has carried this to court is beyondcstupid5

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 11, 2022 7:08 pm

It's so blatant too, she represents the absolute worst of society.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed May 11, 2022 10:44 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:It's so blatant too, she represents the absolute worst of society.

That's an exaggeration. The worst in society are the likes of Gove.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 11, 2022 10:55 pm

I like Gove.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri May 13, 2022 5:08 pm

McLaren wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:It's so blatant too, she represents the absolute worst of society.

That's an exaggeration. The worst in society are the likes of Gove.

Hmmm I’d say it would be a tough call, loathsome the pair of them.

Vardy, other than being married to a decent striker what has she actually done in life to merit some kind of pseudo celebrity status?

Then there’s Snorty Mike. Mention Gove to my Tory voting other half and she spits chips about how bad he was as Edu Sec, although admittedly not as bad as Sir (I know where the skeletons are buried) Gavin.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri May 13, 2022 6:42 pm

I can generally understand who the PM is trying to keep onside when he or other government ministers stir things up.

But complaining about people who are working at home? I don't see vast swathes of the population angry that people do t need to travel every day? Is it just to keep wealthy property owners happy?

So tories, who is this one aimed at?

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat May 14, 2022 8:40 pm

beninho wrote:I can generally understand who the PM is trying to keep onside when he or other government ministers stir things up.

But complaining about people who are working at home? I don't see vast swathes of the population angry that people do t need to travel every day? Is it just to keep wealthy property owners happy?

I've visited production sites where staff worked throughout the pandemic and whilst they understood the need for home working at the height of the pandemic, that isn't the case now. I myself hybrid work, 2 days in and 3 days at home but do understand the frustration of those not capable of doing that, one rule for me and another for them is the general jist of it.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun May 15, 2022 6:41 am

beninho wrote:I can generally understand who the PM is trying to keep onside when he or other government ministers stir things up.

I cant stand working at home, much rather be in the office. I just dont buy that people are "just as productive" at home. Far too much procrastination.
Id worry theyd get three guys in from Hyderabad to do my job on rotation 24 hours a day for a quarter of the money.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sun May 15, 2022 9:17 am

So, it could just be the PM trying to stir up jealousy for people who's job doesn't allow them to work from home.

My wife's company has had people working 3 days at home for years, sane with other friends. It's just other places have caught up that, actually it's not going to cause any issues.

I generally find, that the people who you need to manage in the office are the ones you need to manage at home.

In the Council I'm at working at home was hard to do, but it's taken a global pandemic to realise it actually works fine. I do split shifts, 3 days in the office every other week roughly. And my team do a week in the office and then 2 at home.

I just can't see a valid reason to attack people who do work at home.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon May 16, 2022 9:24 am

I don't see the need to have a pop at people WFH, I have done it since March 2020, have been going in a day a week since November, other than get me out the house and use more fuel have I been any more productive? Probably not because other key people that I need to be engaging with and cajoling effort from aren't always in on the same day.

There's a long list of both Pros and Cons to WFH, from a personal perspective, from an organisational perspective and from a Government/vested interest perspective.

From a personal perspective people have to be honest about how productive they are/can be in any given environment.
From an organisational perspective WFH and Hybrid working can work fine but it does need a bit of thought on how to derive maximum benefit.
From a vested interest perspective Johnson has done his best to illustrate that him and his mates are quite heavily invested in Commercial property and that is what matters to him.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 am

JAS wrote:

I don't see the need to have a pop at people WFH, I have done it since March 2020, have been going in a day a week since November, other than get me out the house and use more fuel have I been any more productive? Probably not because other key people that I need to be engaging with and cajoling effort from  aren't always in on the same day.

There's a long list of both Pros and Cons to WFH, from a personal perspective, from an organisational perspective and from a Government/vested interest perspective.

From a personal perspective people have to be honest about how productive they are/can be in any given environment.
From an organisational perspective WFH and Hybrid working can work fine but it does need a bit of thought on how to derive maximum benefit.
From a vested interest perspective Johnson has done his best to illustrate that him and his mates are quite heavily invested in Commercial property and that is what matters to him.

I think the important thing to note is that some aspects of the Civil Service, eg DVLA and Passport Office are currently performing a lot worse with WFH.
There could be other reasons, but doesnt appear WFH is making them more productive.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon May 16, 2022 9:45 am

super_realist wrote: I just dont buy that people are "just as productive" at home.
True, I also post much more on this board when I'm at work.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Mon May 16, 2022 9:41 pm

My son met Coleen on a train and said she was very pleasant.
Back to golf whats the feel on the saudi backed series.If you think back the PGA is a pretty strong trade union effectivley for golf pros there is the amateur status issue where you cannot make a living teaching golf unless you are a PGA member.so many events per year to stay on tour ,they certainly made a tight ship and of course do not like any changes.Think back to tennis and athletics.Shane Lowry won the Irish Open but couldnt have the 500 k prize. Maybe time for a rethink

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 7:03 am

dynamark wrote:My son met Coleen on a train and said she was very pleasant.
Back to golf whats the feel on the saudi backed series.If you think back the PGA is a pretty strong trade union effectivley for golf pros there is the amateur status issue where you cannot make a living teaching golf unless you are a PGA member.so many events per year to stay on tour ,they certainly  made a tight ship and of course do not like any changes.Think back to tennis and athletics.Shane Lowry won the Irish Open but couldnt have the 500 k prize. Maybe time for a rethink

Fat Shane won as an amateur, he wasnt eligible for the prize, if he was he'd be a professional.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 17, 2022 8:28 am

super_realist wrote:
Back to golf whats the feel on the saudi backed series.If you think back the PGA is a pretty strong trade union effectivley for golf pros there is the amateur status issue where you cannot make a living teaching golf unless you are a PGA member.so many events per year to stay on tour ,they certainly  made a tight ship and of course do not like any changes.Think back to tennis and athletics.Shane Lowry won the Irish Open but couldnt have the 500 k prize. Maybe time for a rethink

Fat Shane won as an amateur, he wasnt eligible for the prize, if he was he'd be a professional.

A major winner with six other top ten finishes and earnings of approximately $20mil.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 9:06 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

A major winner with six other top ten finishes and earnings of approximately $20mil.

None of which make him slim. Maybe he'd have three majors and  10 top ten finishes if he didnt have the physique and fitness of Ted Hankey.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 17, 2022 9:21 am

Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 9:35 am

Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 9:36 am

If someone enters a competition why can't he claim the winnings just because he isn't a professional golfer? That seems massively unfair.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 9:41 am

I really want their to be a time when being a gay footballer isn't a thing. But it's still brave of the lad at Blackpool to be open.

Unfortunately I suspect he will get pelters from opposition fans. Homophobic abuse is still common at football grounds.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 9:47 am

beninho wrote:If someone enters a competition why can't he claim the winnings just because he isn't a professional golfer? That seems massively unfair.

Because that's what amateur means by definition. If you get paid, you're professional. Blame Fat Shane for not turning pro. Everyone knows the rules so its the fault of the golfer, not the tournament.
If you enter as an amateur, you accept you earn nothing. I dont see Billy Bunter Lowry complaining, nor did he at the time.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 9:50 am

Still makes no sense. Just because it's not your job, I don't see why you can't claim winnings for entering a competition, if you are allowed to enter. Its nonsensical.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 9:55 am

beninho wrote:Still makes no sense. Just because it's not your job, I don't see why you can't claim winnings for entering a competition, if you are allowed to enter. Its nonsensical.

Jesus Christ, its obvious. If people get paid then there's no such thing as amateur as a status in golf.
If you enter as an amateur, you accept you cant claim money. Why should an amateur get paid, and if they get paid, how can they possibly be amateur?
Professional and Amateur are mutally exclusive terms. Like you cant be a married bachelor, or a little bit pregnant, or a qualified learner driver. You can't be an amatuer and be paid.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 17, 2022 10:09 am

I was an amateur pool player and won money in tournaments.

Soul Requiem

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 10:13 am

I get it, just think it's a bit backwards.

If you legitimately finish a competition you could enter its mad you don't get the winnings, just because it's not your job.

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue May 17, 2022 10:36 am

beninho wrote:I really want their to be a time when being a gay footballer isn't a thing. But it's still brave of the lad at Blackpool to be open.

Unfortunately I suspect he will get pelters from opposition fans. Homophobic abuse is still common at football grounds.

There'll be a minority of idiots and the abuse will be hyped out of all proportion.

I hope others (if there are any in the professional game) come out to ease the burden on this one footballer.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 10:43 am

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Ahh, I get it now. He's overweight so you call him "fat".  Who says comedy is on its arse?  

F*ck sake.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 10:57 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Ahh, I get it now. He's overweight so you call him "fat".  Who says comedy is on its arse?  

F*ck sake.

He is fat, its not even in question. When has being fat ever been good for any professional sportsperson?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 10:58 am

beninho wrote:I get it, just think it's a bit backwards.

If you legitimately finish a competition you could enter its mad you don't get the winnings, just because it's not your job.
Then turn pro. No one is complaining except you.
Silver Medal winners in The Open dont whine they arent getting paid.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 17, 2022 10:58 am

Soul Requiem wrote:I was an amateur pool player and won money in tournaments.
You're capped at a trivial level.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue May 17, 2022 11:08 am

The pro/amatuer divide goes all the way back in golf and everyone knows the score. In the past it was as much to protect the amatuer game than deny them of any winnings. Back in the day big amatuer comps were meant for people who had day jobs and therefore couldn't commit full time to the game. Although the current college/elite amatuer system somewhat makes a mockery of the idea amatuer tournaments are being contested by regular working guys.

And rehashing some of the stuff from the other day an amatuer competing in a PGAT or ET event is probably a sponsor invite or similar and not a member of the tour. And as we pointed out there is quite a lot of protection (and responsibilities) that come with that membership. It makes sense than a non member can't just rock up outside the normal qualifying procedure and collect a members pay cheque.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 11:12 am

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

He is fat, its not even in question. When has being fat ever been good for any professional sportsperson?

Sumo Wrestlers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue May 17, 2022 11:13 am

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:I was an amateur pool player and won money in tournaments.
You're capped at a trivial level.

Do explain?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue May 17, 2022 11:20 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue May 17, 2022 11:22 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts.

Belly flop diving contests.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue May 17, 2022 11:24 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts.

Hot dog eating contests. There's huge money in that... plus all the chilli dawgs you c'n eat.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 11:27 am

McLaren wrote:

The pro/amatuer divide goes all the way back in golf and everyone knows the score. In the past it was as much to protect the amatuer game than deny them of any winnings. Back in the day big amatuer comps were meant for people who had day jobs and therefore couldn't commit full time to the game. Although the current college/elite amatuer system somewhat makes a mockery of the idea amatuer tournaments are being contested by regular working guys.

And rehashing some of the stuff from the other day an amatuer competing in a PGAT or ET event is probably a sponsor invite or similar and not a member of the tour. And as we pointed out there is quite a lot of protection (and responsibilities) that come with that membership. It makes sense than a non member can't just rock up outside the normal qualifying procedure and collect a members pay cheque.

But if someone is legitimately allowed to play a competition. Its seems unfair that he can't collect any winnings. I get it, I understand it. Its just beyond ridiculous.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 11:29 am

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts.

Hot dog eating contests. There's huge money in that... plus all the chilli dawgs you c'n eat.

Kobayashi is not fat!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue May 17, 2022 11:33 am

super_realist wrote:

Then turn pro. No one is complaining except you.
Silver Medal winners in The Open dont whine they arent getting paid.

I cant say I'm complaining. I just think it's beyond ridiculous that soneone could be allowed to enter a competition but not get the winnings because golf isn't his or her main job, after beating many of Golfers whose main job is golf.

Not just golf, it's other sports, I know horse racing aswell.

Now, it may have had a valid reason to set it like that, but I can't see a valid reason to keep it.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 17, 2022 11:41 am

superflyweight wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts.

Didn't do Lardass Hogan any harm.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue May 17, 2022 5:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:

F*ck sake.

Sumo Wrestlers.  

Darts players.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue May 17, 2022 8:05 pm

Ben/Super thats part of my point really if you win it you win it but yer PGA have shut the shop over the years,I think Im correct the Saudi backed events are proper open and the winner gets the dough,I had a mate years back who was a pro(joint 16th in the Belgian open) and he was made to wait 2 years to get back to amateur status before he could even play club matches (of scratch).I do get they have been well organised in general but it has always been to protect the PGA.I could be the finest golf tutor in the country but not technically allowed to earn from teaching unless a PGA member.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed May 18, 2022 11:53 am

Fat people upset me so much by their very existence, that I end up comfort eating a lot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 18, 2022 12:45 pm

super_realist wrote:

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed May 18, 2022 12:57 pm

Just reading macs post and very much true the pro tournaments were held in the week so the pro could be back at the club for the weekend to put some studs in a shoe or a grip on a putter .Very much the poor relation and the shop was often a shed near the first tee.They got their act together Alliss John Jacobs ,Neil Coles etc and made some great steps forward .An example maybe 15 years ago my club managed to get a tournament sponsor(a well known watch brand) for £5K .However we could have no say in how the prizes were distributed (we wanted just three biggish prizes) as the Midland PGA decided the field and the prize split.They did a good job but none of their members could play without their approval and obviously not open to amateurs.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed May 18, 2022 7:11 pm

If Big Shane's unprofessional, can he keep his winnings?

beninho

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next