The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

+3
James100
guildfordbat
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 12 Jun 2022 - 4:19

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a 15 man squad ahead of their return to LV= County Championship action on Sunday against Somerset at Taunton. Erm
Oliie Pope and Ben foakes are with the England test team ,whilst Sam Curran, Jason Roy and Reece Topley are with the England one day squad preparing for the mighty Holland.
Ben Geddes, Tom Lawes , Conor Mckerr and Dan Moriarty are named in the squad for the first time this season.
Matthew Dunn and James Taylor remain on the treatment table.
There is no place in the squad for Nico Reifer
FULL SQUAD:
Rory Burns (c)
Hashim Amla
Gus Atkinson
Jordan Clark
Ben Geddes
Will Jacks
Tom Lawes
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Jamie Overton
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith
Cameron Steel
Amar Virdi
Dan Worrall
With 3 spinners in the squad 4 including Jacks ,you would have assume at least two will play.
maybe Geddes to play as we seem a batsman short.
so Maybe Lawes, Mckerr , Moriarty and Steel to miss out though it could be virdi Headscratch
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by thegooch7 Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:01

Why is Clark still bowling, get Jacks on, crowd the bat...do something Burns instead of captaincy by numbers

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS SOMERSET LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Afro Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:12

Amazing how quickly things can change.

Last night I was resigned to losing, now I'm starting to think about how many runs do we want on the board to be able to have a good go at skittling you out.

Davey, and Overton in particular, being missing makes it a bit trickier to call
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:14

I'm afraid this is a prime example of why the Steel selection is so mind numbingly stupid. He's batting 7, barely bowling, basically that 4th XI player you bring along and give a tiny game too...Moriarty/Virdi have to play ahead of him next time.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:18

Clueless Burns throwing this game now by bringing joke bowler Steel on

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:35

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:I'm afraid this is a prime example of why the Steel selection is so mind numbingly stupid. He's batting 7, barely bowling, basically that 4th XI player you bring along and give a tiny game too...Moriarty/Virdi have to play ahead of him next time.

Maybe his wife does a good tea. Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:44

Final two wickets fall within three balls to Worrall. Gregory ends 110* and has given his side a punchers chance in this game...

But Surrey really should still be chasing this 193 down. Does anyone know if Amla is fit to bat today if required?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 22:48

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Final two wickets fall within three balls to Worrall. Gregory ends 110* and has given his side a punchers chance in this game...

But Surrey really should still be chasing this 193 down. Does anyone know if Amla is fit to bat today if required?

I heard Amla wasn't fielding so guess that at best he'll only bat in an emergency.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Wed 15 Jun 2022 - 23:03

A very dubious lbw gets the job done, nice bit of aggression from Patel before lunch to get us on the front foot, surely we can't mess it up from here on this 'road' now

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 0:40

65-0 has become 70-3 because Surrey are seemingly hell bent on throwing away every dominant position they get in this match. Still no Amla either, so this has become decidedly in the balance now
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 0:42

Was all set to post conceding defeat, but as Olly says, its suddenly got interesting again.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 0:46

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:65-0 has become 70-3 because Surrey are seemingly hell bent on throwing away every dominant position they get in this match. Still no Amla either, so this has become decidedly in the balance now

Amla spotted on the Surrey balcony in his whites.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 1:47

It's a shame for Somerset that their comms on the stream isn't the captain - they seem to have all the answers...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:04

Looking good for Surrey at tea (probably made by Ms Steel) but 2 quick wickets would bring Afro and his boys back into it ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:11

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:It's a shame for Somerset that their comms on the stream isn't the captain - they seem to have all the answers...

Who's doing the stream? Its a real mixed bag. I find the camera work hard to cope with too, especially T20 games when they don't seem to have a clue where the ball has gone half the time.

Think we have left ourselves too much to do after tea Guildford. A couple of wickets in the first 5-10 overs might make it interesting
Afro
Afro

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:23

You've got 1 wicket, Afro, and could have had 2! Jacks dropped by Abell at slip and then Geddes taken by Green at midwicket. Aldridge the bowler both times.

More than 50 needed with 6 wickets left. Not exactly at the wire yet but less comfortable than I wanted or expected last night ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:29

Amla to the crease, allowing Steel to help his wife finish off the washing up ....

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:35

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Final two wickets fall within three balls to Worrall. Gregory ends 110* and has given his side a punchers chance in this game...

yes Wink

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:38

Afro wrote:
Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:It's a shame for Somerset that their comms on the stream isn't the captain - they seem to have all the answers...

Who's doing the stream? Its a real mixed bag. I find the camera work hard to cope with too, especially T20 games when they don't seem to have a clue where the ball has gone half the time.

Think we have left ourselves too much to do after tea Guildford. A couple of wickets in the first 5-10 overs might make it interesting
Peter Trego is on comms vomit

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:40

Thanks for turning up Amla Rolling Eyes

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:43

50 for Jacks clap

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:46

guildfordbat wrote:Amla to the crease, allowing Steel to help his wife finish off the washing up ....

I hope he's better at the teas and housework than he is at cricket!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:47

Steel gets out early to help with the washing up

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:50

Not quite squeaky bum time, but far closer that I thought it was going to be.

Hope it doesn't come down to that Abell drop.

Tregs is a Somerset and WSM legend. I went to school with his brother.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 2:58

under 20 to win Fingers Crossed

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:02

Jacks gone Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:15

YESSSSSSSSSSSS WHAT A WIN FOR THE SURREY BOYS Very Happy Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:17

Scrambled home on a road when their number 10 was batting, so all agreed Steel just makes the lunch and tea and is let nowhere near a bat or ball again

thegooch7

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:24

I guess that is cricket's equivalent of an ugly win!

Bad luck, Afro. Somerset 'won' days 3 and 4 but left themselves just too much to do after crashing to 95/8 on day 1. You deserve more than the single bonus point your boys take from the game.

22 points for Surrey.  A case today of 'how many' rather than 'how'. Anyway, it will maintain and probably increase our lead at the top of the table. However, we'll need to display greater consistency going forward.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:38

open the bar Ale mug cider guinness RedWine Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 3:39

Afro wrote:

Hope it doesn't come down to that Abell drop.

it did Afro

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Thu 16 Jun 2022 - 4:00

Well played in the end Surrey.

Dont think its our year in the 4 day game, so im hoping for success in the two shorter formats.

Im off to Cardiff for the Blast game v Glammie a week Friday, and looking forward to it. I havent been to Sofia Gardens since they had Finals day there several years back.

Afro
Afro

guildfordbat, jimbobgooner and Good Golly I'm Olly like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2