The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Sat Jun 25, 2022 9:29 am

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a strong 14-man squad for their LV= County Championship encounter against Kent at the Kia Oval this Sunday.
There is no place in the squad for Reece Topley Headscratch or Jason Roy
Jordan Clark Matt Dunn and James taylor remain on the treatment table.
Full Squad:
Rory Burns (c)
Hashim Amla
Gus Atkinson
Sam Curran
Ben Geddes
Will Jacks
Tom Lawes
Conor McKerr
Dan Moriarty
Ryan Patel
Jamie Smith (wk)
Cameron Steel
Amar Virdi
Dan Worrall
probably Lawes, Moriarty and Virdi to miss out though I'm not happy with the Topley decision steam
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:34 am

3 down with 41 overs left it's the hope that gets you

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP - Page 2 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:50 am

Tea. Kent trail by 84 with 7 wickets left and 36 overs to go.

2 wickets straight after tea might make it interesting but this does seem to be going nowhere. Wouldn’t even be surprised if Burns had a bowl late on.

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:57 am

guildfordbat wrote:Tea. Kent trail by 84 with 7 wickets left and 36 overs to go.

2 wickets straight after tea might make it interesting but this does seem to be going nowhere. Wouldn’t even be surprised if Burns had a bowl late on.
Bell Drummond edge to slip earlier there was no one standing there mad mad mad mad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 am

Match drawn a case of what could have been

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:27 am

With Hampshire's defeat and Lancashire's draw I suppose it hasn't been a bad week in the end apart from exhausting our bowlers. Credit to Kent but I'm not sure it makes sense for us to make it so that we have to beat the pitch as well as the opposition even if it pleases that nice Mr Key.

Can we assume Sam will not be allowed to bowl on Friday now ? I've read in a couple of places that we're guaranteed a home tie in the quarter finals. Is that definitely the case ?

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:06 pm

Hi Beehive - re a home tie in the quarter-finals, I don’t believe it’s guaranteed yet but looks pretty certain.

NOT to get a home time, by my reckoning we would need to lose our last 2 games whilst Somerset and Essex would need to win both of theirs. Furthermore, Essex would need to turn around our “goal difference” advantage.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:17 pm

Hi again Beehive - yeah, not a bad week, I get that. Points wise anyway compared to Championship rivals. I’m just a tad concerned we’re getting out of the winning habit.

It’s clearly vital we always cash in when we can and, for various reasons, we didn’t fully yesterday. If Ronnie Barker and Brad Wheal had stroked, biffed and scrambled another 13 runs in their last wicket stand against Harmer’s Essex, they would now be level on points with us and top of the table having won more matches.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:57 am

We certainly seem to have lost momentum and although there have been mitigating circumstances, we need to quickly get that back starting with the T20 where I think it could be important to finish top of the group.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2