The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+14
Shotrock
superflyweight
theslosty
Oakdene
westisbest
navyblueshorts
McLaren
Duty281
beninho
pedro
Soul Requiem
super_realist
JAS
JuliusHMarx
18 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 06 Oct 2022, 3:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:I am not prone to defending the old firm but what do you mean by not close to CL standard? They are probably pretty similar to other pot 4 teams.

They clearly aren't capable of competing in it, furthermore if they were genuinely Champions League standard they wouldn't have to rely on Russian league expulsion to get in automatically and wouldn't have such a dismal qualifying record against Malmo, Copenhagen, Midtylland etc.

Teams that are CL standard actually appear in it, rather than once every five years. Evidently they are there to make up numbers.
Getting third position is the aspiration and that looks a step too far for Rangers at least and likely Celtic

Fancy editing this one before I go forth and rip the utter Poopie apart point by point?

Not at all. Celtic and Rangers are proving categorically why they are pot 4. They have been terrible.
Unless they do their part in improving the SPL and thus increasing revenue so they can compete at this level they are only ever going to be able to do ok in Europa and Conference, it's clear as day they aren't up to the CL under the status quo.
Not really sure how you can "rip that apart"
Celtic and Rangers are partially responsible for how bad the quality of the domestic League is, but do nothing to improve it. It's self fulfilling and any reasonable OF fan would admit they aren't good enough for the Champions League and unless things change domestically, they never will.
That's pretty reasonable isn't it?

Yes, it comes down to money, but if your teams can't be arsed to improve the product, then expect this every year until your coefficient denudes to the point where automatic qualification doesn't occur.

Rangers and Celtic aren't good enough. It's just a fact.

Ok points
1. Russian expulsion, they were already going to be ahead of Russia in the coefficient. Rangers pretty much over the past 4 seasons dragged the Scottish coefficient from 23rd to 8th FACT
2. Rangers have faced Danish opposition twice since their resurgence, comfortably beating Midtylland in the Europa league qualifying and taking 4/6 points off Brondby in the group stage last season. I can’t and won’t speak about how the other half of the OF have performed.
3. I know this will be painful for you to grasp but the Scottish league is the 8th best league in Europe and in terms of finance is there punching above it’s weight.
4. Rangers were ranked 33rd at the end of last season, at the point of the CL group stage draw they were ranked 29th, had that ranking been used in the CL draw they would have been in POT 3, but for a Ramsay penalty they would have been in pot 1

Saying they can’t compete is utter Love sacks, there is a mile of difference between saying they’ve performed poorly compared to last season and saying they can’t compete. If they ship the same amount of goals in the next 3 games and 0 points then you’d be moving toward a semblance of a point but we’re not there yet are we.

5. Civic.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue 07 Feb 2023, 5:00 am

Wouldn't it be funny for Man City to get kicked out of the league.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Tue 07 Feb 2023, 8:27 am

super_realist wrote:Wouldn't it be funny for Man City to get kicked out of the league.

On a basic level, yeah it would be quite amusing. I’d be interested to know where the line is and how it’s been determined that they’ve crossed it but others haven’t. Then to widen it how the likes of PSG haven’t crossed it.
Does make you wonder how much money (ironically) changed hands in the drawing of the fair play line as it were.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 07 Feb 2023, 8:31 am

Chelsea model also questionable.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Tue 07 Feb 2023, 8:50 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Wouldn't it be funny for Man City to get kicked out of the league.

On a basic level, yeah it would be quite amusing. I’d be interested to know where the line is and how it’s been determined that they’ve crossed it but others haven’t. Then to widen it how the likes of PSG haven’t crossed it.
Does make you wonder how much money (ironically) changed hands in the drawing of the fair play line as it were.

Every man and his dog know that the likes of Man City and PSG have been manipulating their finances for years.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 07 Feb 2023, 9:55 am

Even if Man City kicked out, relegated or severely punished, it'll change chuff all.

Basic tenet of assessing corruption: where is the headquarters address of the organisation concerned? If Switzerland*, assume bent as a nine bob note.

*Obviously, excluding Swiss national corporations. Probably.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 07 Feb 2023, 11:15 am

I think the Premier League's headquarters are in London?

As funny as it would be for them to get a serious punishment I doubt this will come to more than a slap on the wrist, if that.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 07 Feb 2023, 11:19 am

I think the FFP rules are from UEFA though Mac.

I've always thought the entire football pyramid is permanently teetering on the edge of collapse.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 07 Feb 2023, 12:36 pm

McLaren wrote:I think the Premier League's headquarters are in London?

As funny as it would be for them to get a serious punishment I doubt this will come to more than a slap on the wrist, if that.

I’m sure you’re right Mac. Punishing Man City as harshly as they deserve would embolden the authorities to go after others. No doubt there would then be undercurrents of threats from the top clubs that they would look to bugger off and up a ESL again. I suppose much like ultra rich tax avoiders threatening to leave the country if they’re taxed fairly. So yeah the more I think about it the more likely I’d like to see City clobbered and the floodgates opened to go after others. It would then get funnier and funnier. As you say though that’s why they’ll get nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 07 Feb 2023, 2:48 pm

super_realist wrote:I think the FFP rules are from UEFA though Mac.

I've always thought the entire football pyramid is permanently teetering on the edge of collapse.

City won their legal case in CAS against UEFA for FFP breach. This is a separate Premier league investigation.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 07 Feb 2023, 2:51 pm

Jas

Todd Boehly, The Saudis, whoever buys Man Utd and the other billionaires in the league are unlikely to push for harsh sanctions for those that don't abide by the rules.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 07 Feb 2023, 2:59 pm

McLaren wrote:I think the Premier League's headquarters are in London?...
True, but UEFA and FIFA (their bosses?) are not...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 07 Feb 2023, 3:39 pm

McLaren wrote:Jas

Todd Boehly, The Saudis, whoever buys Man Utd and the other billionaires in the league are unlikely to push for harsh sanctions for those that don't abide by the rules.

Isn't Jim Ratcliffe buying United?

Also, there's over 100 charges against City, unlikely to all be PL related.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Feb 2023, 12:08 pm

So swilcan patio gone already. Someone has to go for that surely?

Did you manage to see it in the flesh super?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Feb 2023, 12:41 pm

McLaren wrote:So swilcan patio gone already. Someone has to go for that surely?

Did you manage to see it in the flesh super?

I don't think you need to sack people every time a mistake is made Mac but that was pretty obvious that would look terrible, even by just mocking it up on a computer. Amazing they couldn't take responsibility for their laughable "final solution" to grass wear.

Sadly I never saw it. I'm hopefully playing it on Saturday as I'm back in UK for a visit then.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Feb 2023, 1:58 pm

You would think it is sacrilege to mess with the swilcan bridge? Like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Super if you are going to be out the country a lot is there a way I can use your st Andrew's membership for a few rounds?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 08 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm

McLaren wrote:You would think it is sacrilege to mess with the swilcan bridge? Like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

Super if you are going to be out the country a lot is there a way I can use your st Andrew's membership for a few rounds?

Links Trust is an idiotic organisation. Not surprising such a stupid idea got to the stage of being implemented. Any proper company would have laughed it out of town.
I don't know if you've seen them Mac but have you seen those three sided weather shelters there? They pay £80k a pop for those despite them probably not costing more than a tenth of that to actually make.

No can do on links ticket Mac, it's linked to your picture, and no doubt you're very much younger and better looking than I.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 10 Feb 2023, 4:25 pm

McLaren wrote:You would think it is sacrilege to mess with the swilcan bridge? Like painting a moustache on the Mona Lisa.

It's a crappy bridge over a stream. It's not art and it's not architecturally interesting in any way. It's probably like Trigger's broom that he had for 20 years - only had 17 new heads and 14 new handles over the years...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Feb 2023, 10:15 am

Turdgeon resigns.
That whole ridiculous trans story really dickslapped her in the face so to speak.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Feb 2023, 10:47 am

I don't understand the personal hatred of Sturgeon from a certain type of man. There are several Super types in my friend group, blokes of a certain age and political persuasion that seem to hate her aside from her politics.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Feb 2023, 11:23 am

McLaren wrote:I don't understand the personal hatred of Sturgeon from a certain type of man. There are several Super types in my friend group, blokes of a certain age and political persuasion that seem to hate her aside from her politics.

What has it got to do with me being a man? I despise her because she's the figurehead of a divisive, bigoted, single agenda party who hate anyone who isn't a peasant and who blame everyone but themselves for making Scotland the crappy, insecure, bitter country it is.

The 42% tax rate was the last straw whilst the laughable trans defence was merely the icing on the cake of how truly ridiculous they are.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 15 Feb 2023, 11:29 am

Super

What I'm asking is why there is such a personal bent to the hatred of her, policies aside?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Feb 2023, 11:44 am

McLaren wrote:Super

What I'm asking is why there is such a personal bent to the hatred of her, policies aside?

Apart from her horrible accent and her "can't take criticism" manner I consider her to be just as ghastly as the man who did the job before her. I also don't buy the crap that she was some sort of amazingly astute and excellent politician. Seemed as much of a c+nt as the rest of them as far as I can see and her cynical targeting of the peasant type Scot with an anti English bent to further her cause was always overlooked, not to mention her ridiculous toy facemasks and "let me be clear" flustering.
Good bloody riddance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by ralphjohn69 Wed 15 Feb 2023, 2:24 pm

It's because she's a horrible c*nt, simple as that.

ralphjohn69

super_realist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 15 Feb 2023, 3:32 pm

...and now she's bunked off, rather than face voters at a ballot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 15 Feb 2023, 5:38 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:...and now she's bunked off, rather than face voters at a ballot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

It's funny she was somehow a media darling when her Covid record was worse than England in many ways. I think she was given sway because of who she wasn't rather than who she was.
Can't really think of anything good that she has done.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 20 Feb 2023, 4:37 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:...and now she's bunked off, rather than face voters at a ballot. Don't let the door hit you on the way out...

It's funny she was somehow a media darling when her Covid record was worse than England in many ways. I think she was given sway because of who she wasn't rather than who she was.

Galvanise support for the SNP?? Ok maybe that's not good in your eyes but surely you cant deny she has been pretty successful at garnering SNP support?

Anyway, she's on the way oot...who is her successor??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 20 Feb 2023, 4:49 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Galvanise support for the SNP?? Ok maybe that's not good in your eyes but surely you cant deny she has been pretty successful at garnering SNP support?

She's been good at garnering support from anti English bigots. I'll grant that, but like Salmond she failed to make a case for Independence and actually didn't really increase the chances of it happening.
Be interesting to see the education attainment and job of your average SNP voter.

Apparently some bible thumping loon is favourite which will probably put an end to the SNP mad trans ideology and if it isn't her it's that Poundland Sadiq Khan, Hamzar Yusef.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 20 Feb 2023, 5:10 pm

super_realist wrote:
JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

She's been good at garnering support from anti English bigots. I'll grant that, but like Salmond she failed to make a case for Independence and actually didn't really increase the chances of it happening.
Be interesting to see the education attainment and job of your average SNP voter.

Apparently some bible thumping loon is favourite which will probably put an end to the SNP mad trans ideology and if it isn't her it's that Poundland Sadiq Khan, Hamzar Yusef.

Aye, I read the other day that Forbes was a bible thumper, can't see that sort of personality being appealing to your average Jock atheist, and as for trying to square the trans situation with her beliefs....let me get some pop corn to sit down an watch that one :-p but hey stranger things have happened. So apart from Yusef & Forbes, is that it? She talked about there being a depth of talent to replace her? Talk about a shallow muddy puddle on a sunny day.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 20 Feb 2023, 5:34 pm

Even as a non SNP fan you'd have thought that Turdgeon would have put a succession plan in place other than someone who thinks the world is 6000 years old and another who favours an East German Stasi society.

Is there any country that has respectable leaders? Can't think of one.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Feb 2023, 11:29 am

Ha ha, Shemima Bagum denied citizenship, the BBC will have to get someone else for strictly (or more likely Dancing on Isis)

Rather ironic though that 400+ hotels are full of people granted de facto citizenship.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Feb 2023, 2:31 pm

I don't understand removing her UK citizenship from the right wing perspective. The right wing is all about taking responsibility for yourself and not relying on others to bail you out.

The UK system created who she became and if there are legal or moral issues with what she did then the UK should deal with them itself.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Feb 2023, 3:20 pm

McLaren wrote:I don't understand removing her UK citizenship from the right wing perspective. The right wing is all about taking responsibility for yourself and not relying on others to bail you out.

The UK system created who she became and if there are legal or moral issues with what she did then the UK should deal with them itself.

Ha ha ha, how is anyone in the UK system responsible for her wanting to join a death cult?

Nothing to do with a crackpot religion?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:47 am

McLaren wrote:I don't understand removing her UK citizenship from the right wing perspective. The right wing is all about taking responsibility for yourself and not relying on others to bail you out.

Umm, no.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Feb 2023, 9:54 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

Umm, no.

Didn't you know the UK system created her deadbeat Dutch husband too Navy?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Feb 2023, 10:02 am

She was a child in the UK who fell victim to coercion and abuse. Call it what you want but that situation arose in the UK. If she was a white girl who got conned into a Christian cause would she have faced such a backlash?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Feb 2023, 10:05 am

McLaren wrote:She was a child in the UK who fell victim to coercion and abuse. Call it what you want but that situation arose in the UK. If she was a white girl who got conned into a Christian cause would she have faced such a backlash?

How do you do she was coerced and abused? Just because someone does something illegal, doesn't mean they didn't do it from their own motivation.

The UK "system" is not responsible even if she was coerced and abused, those who did that would be responsible and considering it's happened in every country shows it's more about those doing the coercion than any system.

If someone murders someone in the UK, is that the fault of tje system? No, so how is her joining a deathcult from the base of a backward stone age religion? Seems to me that is where the failure is. I don't see any non Muslims going to join ISIS, do you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Feb 2023, 10:10 am

Super the point is that it's normal practice for the UK to deal with events that happen in the UK involving UK citizens. Not remove their citizenship.

I'm not saying she shouldn't face justice, just that the UK is the place it should happen. Even spies who have become traitors face the music at home.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 24 Feb 2023, 12:41 pm

McLaren wrote:Super the point is that it's normal practice for the UK to deal with events that happen in the UK involving UK citizens. Not remove their citizenship.

I'm not saying she shouldn't face justice, just that the UK is the place it should happen. Even spies who have become traitors face the music at home.
No disagreement from me on this thumbsup.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Feb 2023, 12:42 pm

McLaren wrote:Super the point is that it's normal practice for the UK to deal with events that happen in the UK involving UK citizens. Not remove their citizenship.

She didn't do it in the UK.

Funny how she wasn't claiming coercive abuse when she left, whilst in ISIS, upon capture, whilst being a useless mum and only claimed it when as a last desperate measure when it began to look like she'd live the rest of her days out in a Syrian ghetto.

A transparently stupid individual. I'd probably also prefer her to face justice in the UK, bit it's probably harder and more of a punishment for her to stay in Syria. At least there the BBC won't deify her and have her appear on The One Show like some sort of celebrity.
Couldn't care less if she perishes over there, no loss to anyone.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Feb 2023, 1:11 pm

Super

What does removing her citizenship do other than guarantee she gets beheaded or face the death penalty in some form somewhere. You seem to want her to live out the rest, of what could be a short life in misery?

Why would you want that?

Why not let her serve her jail term here, if she gets one, and just be satisfied with that?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Feb 2023, 1:14 pm

Why would I have compassion for her? She hasn't shown the slightest contrition.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Feb 2023, 1:22 pm

But wouldn't the way to discover if she deserves compassion or has anything to show contrition for be to weigh the evidence in a half decent legal system? Like the UK's.

As it stands there isn't a evidenced or official account of what went on with her?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Feb 2023, 1:30 pm

McLaren wrote:But wouldn't the way to discover if she deserves compassion or has anything to show contrition for be to weigh the evidence in a half decent legal system? Like the UK's.

As it stands there isn't a evidenced or official account of what went on with her?

She's been interviewed enough times and the judge has said there is sufficient information not made available to the public to make this decision.

You think it's possible she has nothing to show contrition for?
Couldn't really give a toss if she gets her head cut off. Live by the sword and all that. Maybe she should have thought of that beforehand eh?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 24 Feb 2023, 6:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:But wouldn't the way to discover if she deserves compassion or has anything to show contrition for be to weigh the evidence in a half decent legal system? Like the UK's.

She's been interviewed enough times and the judge has said there is sufficient information not made available to the public to make this decision.

Couldn't really give a toss if she gets her head cut off. Live by the sword and all that. Maybe she should have thought of that beforehand eh?

Think you're missing the fact that she was a minor, when she went. If a 15 year old has sex who's fault is it classed as?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 25 Feb 2023, 6:08 am

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Think you're missing the fact that she was a minor, when she went. If a 15 year old has sex who's fault is it classed as?

Is it a crime for her to leave the country as a 15 year old?
. Her crimes as part of ISIS were committed abroad and as such her crimes should be tried in that country.
Do you know anyone had sex with her as a 15 year old in the UK? No, you don't so any claim this was grooming simply can't be proven as far as we can tell.
Depends if that's a crime in the country she went to doesn't it?

If I commit a crime below the age of criminal responsibility do I blame the state? The age of criminal responsibility in the UK is 10. So her joining an illegal terrorist organisation as a criminal act is on her.
Wouldn't you rather she faced far more serious charges for her crimes abroad than minor ones such as being a member of an illegal group in the UK ?

Funny how talk of "grooming" only came out when it looked like she was never coming back, bit like the crocodile tear excuses of illegal migrants.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 28 Feb 2023, 4:43 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/feb/27/shamima-begum-should-be-allowed-return-uk-terrorism-adviser?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 01 Mar 2023, 4:51 am

I see that professional twerp and all round delinquent Greta Thunberg is calling for a wind farm to be cancelled.

Why would anyone listen to this moron?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 01 Mar 2023, 12:12 pm

Super

Greta knows more than you about the energy industry.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 01 Mar 2023, 1:33 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

Greta knows more than you about the energy industry.

She really doesn't. She doesn't know much about anything. She's an uneducated truant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 01 Mar 2023, 3:32 pm

She is a world class campaigner.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next