The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Longest drive, nearest the pin etc.......

4 posters

Go down

Longest drive, nearest the pin etc....... Empty Longest drive, nearest the pin etc.......

Post by I'm never wrong Thu 27 Oct 2022, 7:30 pm

As a senior at my club, we have a competition every Monday morning. (Stableford, 4BBB, Waltz, Bowmaker etc). The one before Xmas is a 3 clubs and a putter before the Xmas lunch.
It just so happens to be on my birthday. So, feeling generous, I may offer some (small) prizes within the competition. I would like them to be for something different rather than for nearest the pin, (in one on par 3's, or 2 on par fours), longest or straightest drives. Has anyone got any ideas as to what accomplishment(s) could deserve a prize?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Longest drive, nearest the pin etc....... Empty Re: Longest drive, nearest the pin etc.......

Post by BlueCoverman Thu 27 Oct 2022, 11:22 pm

We have a monthly Stableford competition where there are three prizes for players that have not won prizes in the main competition. They are best Stableford score on hole indexes 1,2,3 and 4, best Stableford score on the par 5’s and best Stableford score on the par 3’s. Might need a bit of adjustment if any of your par 3’s and 5’s are low indexes. Good bit of fun and shares the prizes around.

BlueCoverman

I'm never wrong likes this post

Back to top Go down

Longest drive, nearest the pin etc....... Empty Re: Longest drive, nearest the pin etc.......

Post by McLaren Fri 28 Oct 2022, 11:53 am

Boost the scratch prize to make it the biggest. Not the usual pittance.

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 28 Oct 2022, 2:28 pm

McLaren wrote:Boost the scratch prize to make it the biggest. Not the usual pittance.

Hi Mac, we only have one strokeplay competition (held over two days) in our Seniors Section per year. That's the only time best gross wins anything. The 3 clubs and a putter will be a stableford, like practically all of the others we play. Apparently the Senior Section don't like strokeplay as a "blow up" on one hole can wreck their card, but in stableford it doesn't neccessarily mean the same.

The Seniors also get the hump when they "have" to play off 95% in qualifiers and 85% in team games.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 28 Oct 2022, 3:50 pm

You can still have a gross stableford score.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Oct 2022, 3:58 pm

McLaren wrote:You can still have a gross stableford score.

Like the time I had 32 points standing on the 12th tee and somehow managed to finish with only 34 points. That was pretty gross!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

LadyPutt likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 28 Oct 2022, 5:06 pm

McLaren wrote:You can still have a gross stableford score.
I see what you mean Mac. Thanks.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down