The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another mass shooting in America

+14
Duty281
Mind the windows Tino.
superflyweight
Galted
Soul Requiem
JuliusHMarx
the-goon2
navyblueshorts
dummy_half
lostinwales
No name Bertie
TRUSSMAN66
Samo
mountain man
18 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 4 Empty Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by mountain man Mon 10 Apr 2023, 4:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

The USA, home of the free and land of the deranged mass shooter.

No doubt usual vigils, well meaning words, heart felt condolences etc given out but ultimately naff all be done to alleviate the scourge of gun crime.
What's the NRA line, only way to deal with this is to arm more people?

Yep that's really working out fine and dandy....

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 4 Empty Re: Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 11:49 am

Duty281 wrote:If by condensed, you mean lied and misrepresented, then I suppose so.

Politely, as the moderators don't seem to care, can I please ask that you stop posting such rampant misinformation?

Not misinformation..........White rural democrats are more in favor of guns than their Urban counterparts..

White Democrats are more in favor than Black democrats.....etc etc....

As for kicking me off....I'm in line for my 25th lifetime ban and It's not a problem because I like odd numbers !!! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 4 Empty Re: Yet another mass shooting in America

Post by Duty281 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 11:52 am

Well, I suppose asking you to be a decent person was a bit much.

Out of curiosity, does it not embarrass you to post such blatant lies and made-up polling data?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

the-goon2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 11:56 am

Duty281 wrote:Well, I suppose asking you to be a decent person was a bit much.

Out of curiosity, does it not embarrass you to post such blatant lies and made-up polling data?

Why don't you tell me.....After all every poll shows that Right wing people are more antisemitic than left wing people..

But you continue to deny that.....and you selectively quote the EHRC findings because you don't like Labour.....You called Diane Abbott an Antisemite where is your proof ????......No hatred of Jews in her letter...

But it won't stop me liking you..... Hug

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:16 pm

Duty281 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:Ta for that, Truss. Have you got a link to the actual survey and the questions, in particular, that were used?

Yep, think I've found it. Another example of Truss posting something which he doesn't understand and hasn't even quoted correctly.

Yet another mass shooting in America - Page 4 PP_2021.04.20_gun-policy_00-012

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2021/09/13/key-facts-about-americans-and-guns/

So, for example:

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
White Democrats
-------------------
Yes 39%
No  35%

Truss has confused this category with whites as a whole. But he hasn't even got this right. So whites as a whole group: 39% a very big problem; 25% moderately big; 28% a small problem; 8% not a problem at all. White democrats: 72% a very big problem; 21% moderately big; 7% a small problem; 0% not a problem.

And all the other categories are misquoted.
Cheers for this. Suspect the responses are more than a little bit biased by the respondent's lived experience. Live in a rural, sparsely populated area w/ low overall gun crime generally? Less of an issue. Live in an inner city where gun crime generally is high? It's a big issue. No big surprises...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:...I alluded to earlier that State law supercedes Federal law......Unless its specifically bound in the Constitution and there would be hell to pay trying to change that.....The Tenth Amendment has always been a problem...
That's an interesting one, that. I'd have naturally thought that national would supercede state (needs of the many over needs of the few etc), and I guess it does where it's enshrined in the Constitution, but otherwise that's a no-no. I guess even the Supreme Court can't (and with current makeup definitely wouldn't) change that.

It's impressive that the U.S.A. as a whole has been such a success given this sort of thing, and says quite a lot about what's achievable w/ cooperation and common goals etc. I'm not sure I'm seeing much of that these days, however. Still, as you said some way back, maybe the current youth will decide the current nonsense can't be allowed to continue...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 27 Apr 2023, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:If by condensed, you mean lied and misrepresented, then I suppose so.

Politely, as the moderators don't seem to care, can I please ask that you stop posting such rampant misinformation?

Not misinformation..........White rural democrats are more in favor of guns than their Urban counterparts..

White Democrats are more in favor than Black democrats.....etc etc....

As for kicking me off....I'm in line for my 25th lifetime ban and It's not a problem because I like odd numbers !!! thumbsup
I'm afraid that's not correct either. Someone saying guns aren't such a problem as someone else, isn't the same as the same person saying they're more in favour of guns than that other person.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 27 Apr 2023, 2:19 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Well, I suppose asking you to be a decent person was a bit much.

Why don't you tell me.....After all every poll shows that Right wing people are more antisemitic than left wing people..

But you continue to deny that.....and you selectively quote the EHRC findings because you don't like Labour.....You called Diane Abbott an Antisemite where is your proof ????......No hatred of Jews in her letter...

But it won't stop me liking you..... Hug

Nope, you can't even get that right.

Negative affect toward Jews(measured by thermometer scales) has previously been found to be about as common among Republican identifiers as Democratic ones (Cohen 2018a)
https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/10.1177/10659129221111081

Antisemitism on the far-left has "overtaken" antisemitism on the far-right according to new research.

According to YouGov polling commissioned by Campaign Against Antisemitism and analysed by King's College London Jeremy Corbyn is the most popular leader for anti-Jewish racists.

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/antisemitism-on-the-far-left-has-overtaken-antisemitism-on-the-far-right-according-to-research-1.493759

Sadly, the EU Commission under Italian Prime Minister Romano Prodi covered up a 2003 report on anti-Semitism commissioned by two researchers from the University of Berlin that found an Islamic and Left-wing background behind most of the hatred against the Jews in Europe.

https://jcpa.org/mission-impossible-repairing-the-ties-between-europe-and-israel/anti-semitism-in-europe-today-comes-mostly-from-the-left/

By the way, what I was referring to in my question was that poll you posted. You literally made-up the data for some bizarre reason, inventing the 'no' responses (and you misunderstood some of the other responses; but this isn't surprising). Why do this?

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

the-goon2 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 29 Apr 2023, 6:57 pm

Another day, another massacre:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65437185

Move along. Nothing to see here...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat 29 Apr 2023, 8:58 pm

If only that 8 year old kid who died had had an assault rifle and combat training he could have saved them all. Surely that's the answer?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 30 Apr 2023, 6:30 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If only that 8 year old kid who died had had an assault rifle and combat training he could have saved them all. Surely that's the answer?

Atleast they died knowing they were freeing than us dumb Brits with our stupid gun control.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Mon 01 May 2023, 11:45 am

Samo wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:If only that 8 year old kid who died had had an assault rifle and combat training he could have saved them all. Surely that's the answer?

Atleast they died knowing they were freeing than us dumb Brits with our stupid gun control.  

I take it you're being ironic or sarcastic or something.

If that is a serious answer then God help us.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 01 May 2023, 12:01 pm

mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Yep. Definitely sarcasm/irony.

Oh look, another one:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mississippi-mass-shooting-house-party_n_644ec138e4b03c1b88cdf561
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

mountain man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 3:04 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/mississippi-mass-shooting-house-party_n_644ec138e4b03c1b88cdf561

Dunblane massacre shows that if you had 300m more people on this little Island...S**t could happen regularly....That cretin didn't get his weapons in the US.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 05 May 2023, 3:23 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Dunblane massacre shows that if you had 300m more people on this little Island...S**t could happen regularly....That cretin didn't get his weapons in the US.

Could have easily happened again, but this little Island recognised the full horror of what happened, collectively decided that the possibility of it happening again had to be massively reduced and was mature enough to bring in strict gun laws.

Amazing what happens when you don't bend over for a bunch of faux-macho retards because some tax-avoiding slave owners decided to write some stuff down on a bit of paper 250 years ago.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

navyblueshorts, Samo, lostinwales and Galted like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 3:35 pm

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

because some tax-avoiding slave owners decided to write some stuff down on a bit of paper 250 years ago.  

They were good at smashing British backsides though... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 05 May 2023, 3:41 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

because some tax-avoiding slave owners decided to write some stuff down on a bit of paper 250 years ago.  

Needed the French though! Pity, or you could have otherwise had some sensible gun laws.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 3:50 pm

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Needed the French though!  Pity, or you could have otherwise had some sensible gun laws.  

You talking about the War of independence or 1812 ??.........We've smashed your backsides so often it's hard to keep up...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 05 May 2023, 3:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Needed the French though!  Pity, or you could have otherwise had some sensible gun laws.  

You talking about the War of independence or 1812 ??.........We've smashed your backsides so often it's hard to keep up...

I was principally talking about the war of independence. We effectively won (at worst it was a draw) the war of 1812 despite being engaged in big boy sh1t with the French.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 05 May 2023, 4:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

As you say, s**t can happen, but look at the national response to that. In the good ol' U.S of A. they think that more weapons for cretins is the way to go. Try again. Not a good argument you make...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 05 May 2023, 4:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Seriously, if that's the level of your debate, go away and grow up. I wouldn't bang on about how successful the US military has been, historically, if I were you...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 4:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

I was principally talking about the war of independence.  We effectively won (at worst it was a draw) the war of 1812 despite being engaged in big boy sh1t with the French.  

The same way Selby won the other night......

When I was a kid us American boys were read bedtime stories about the Battle of Lake Champlain...... Cool

TRUSSMAN66

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 4:11 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Seriously, if that's the level of your debate, go away and grow up. I wouldn't bang on about how successful the US military has been, historically, if I were you...

Get a sense of humor.....Just a little fun...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 May 2023, 4:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

I was principally talking about the war of independence.  We effectively won (at worst it was a draw) the war of 1812 despite being engaged in big boy sh1t with the French.  

When I was a kid us American boys were read bedtime stories about the Battle of Lake Champlain...... Cool

FFS, we American boys.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 05 May 2023, 4:32 pm

Galted wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

FFS, we American boys.

"Us" is more masculine and "Masculinity" is important when you are the number 1 super power.....

Be sure to say hello for me to the guys on the girly boy tea thread.... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 05 May 2023, 5:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Get a sense of humor.....Just a little fun...
It's 'humour' by the way.... Very Happy
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 05 May 2023, 6:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Galted wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

FFS, we American boys.

"Us" is more masculine and "Masculinity" is important when you are the number 1 super power.....

Be sure to say hello for me to the guys on the girly boy tea thread.... thumbsup

They say hello back and said to let you know that masculinity is also an anagram for 'I'm a siliy c*nt'.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Pr4wn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 May 2023, 8:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
mountain man wrote:
Samo wrote:

Oh look, another one:

Yeah, and look how you turned out.....

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 06 May 2023, 8:10 am

All gone a bit off course , hasn't it ? Perhaps a clever Trussman ruse (?!) to distract from the fact that his "Dunblane" example , far from supporting his argument , simply showed how mind-blowingly stupid US gun laws are in a modern world.

UK isn't perfect (nor is Australia ) but both countries , by contrast , had the sense to react to mass shooting tragedies with quick and decisive action to render the likelihood of a repeat far less. Politicians with a bit of common sense and the guts to act for the common good. (At least in this matter !)_

Obviously harder to do in USA but a bit more effort at incremental change might be in order ?

alfie

mountain man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 07 May 2023, 6:36 am

Texas shooting: Eight killed by gunman in Allen mall https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65515915

Three cheers for the land of the free and home of the brave.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun 07 May 2023, 8:07 am

Yep, yet another.

Those killed ages ranged from 5 to 51.

So far this year at least 198 mass shootings in USA.

But no control is needed, just get everyone tooled up.... Headscratch

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 07 May 2023, 8:22 am

Representative Keith Self on CNN saying people just need to pray more. When the reporter pushed back that prayers dont seem to be working he doubles down and says “people really need to believe in the power of prayer”.

Jesus wept, these people are insane.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun 07 May 2023, 8:45 am

Right so to sum up, what is needed to prevent these mass shooting is for everyone to be armed and preferably with assault weapons then get everyone to pray REALLY hard.

If it wasn't so horrendous it would almost be funny.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 07 May 2023, 10:30 am

Since when did Trussman decide he was 'Murican?

Allan Mall. Thoughts and prayers yeah? Perfect for stopping children getting shot in the head.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun 07 May 2023, 1:36 pm

alfie wrote:All gone a bit off course , hasn't it ? Perhaps a clever Trussman ruse  (?!)  to distract from the fact that his "Dunblane" example , far from supporting his argument , simply showed how mind-blowingly stupid US gun laws are in a modern world.

UK isn't perfect (nor is Australia ) but both countries , by contrast , had the sense to react to mass shooting tragedies with quick and decisive action to render the likelihood of a repeat far less.  Politicians with a bit of common sense and the guts to act for the common good. (At least in this matter !)_

Obviously harder to do in USA but a bit more effort at incremental change might be in order ?

It's also worth noting that the Dunblane massacre happened 27 years ago. If that's how far back you have to go to find a British comparative then it would suggest that gun reform can make a difference. Of course it's not perfect but nothing is.

It's also worth noting that the right to beae arms is an amendment to the constitution. Maybe time to just amend it back to the original? That would mean that a lot of people would lose large amounts of money from the incredibly wealthy gun lobby though. It's rare to find a politician of any political leaning that doesn't have a soft spot for "political funding" or "consultancy work".

formerly known as Sam

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 07 May 2023, 9:08 pm

America needs its guns. Otherwise the King of England could walk over there and start pushing them around. Or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtxxwcQ20Fw

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 May 2023, 11:03 am

So what we got...

Good ideas like...

1.More severe Background checks...

2.Upping the legal age of purchase....

3.Thorough Mental Health checks....

4. Longer waiting lists...

Problems like...

1.  Tens of millions of law abiding gun owners who don't see why they should have their gun rights invaded...and probably have a point..

2.  A whole bunch of Southern States that would regard any changes to the second amendment as Govt overreach and potential tyranny...They think the Biden Govt is overreaching already.....Could be bloody.

3.  Which leaves federal law which can be over-rided by State Law unless written in the Constitution...(Enshrined in the Tenth Amendment)..

4. Not only GOP Senators bought and owned by the Lobby but Democrats in swing States as well.

"Problems like".......wins.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Tue 09 May 2023, 4:11 pm

That's nonsense I'm afraid.

So to potentially curb the horrendous number of mass shootings one of the issues is law abiding citizens would object? Surely any sane person realises something needs to be done otherwise NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

2nd amendment just isn't applicable any more. It is clung onto by NRA etc like a drowning man on a lifebuoy.

Your 4 good ideas are just that so why would any sane, responsible person object? Also, does anyone really need an assault rifle?

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 09 May 2023, 5:00 pm

mountain man wrote:That's nonsense I'm afraid.

So to potentially curb the horrendous number of mass shootings one of the issues is law abiding citizens would object? Surely any sane person realises something needs to be done otherwise NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

2nd amendment just isn't applicable any more. It is clung onto by NRA etc like a drowning man on a lifebuoy.

Your 4 good ideas are just that so why would any sane, responsible person object? Also, does anyone really need an assault rifle?

I'm afraid he's right, there's a large number of Americans who are very passionate about gun ownership and fight back even the most logical measures.

Suggestions previously have been along the lines of arm the teachers.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 May 2023, 5:08 pm

mountain man wrote:That's nonsense I'm afraid.

So to potentially curb the horrendous number of mass shootings one of the issues is law abiding citizens would object?

I don't think you realise how sacred the Constitution is regarded......Tea Party Movement is still very strong...Cruz..Rubio.Bachman..Palin all are affiliated a long with big talkshow hitters like Glenn Beck etc.........

Abortionist Doctor got shot a few years ago thanks to talkshow smearing........In the South its crazy Country....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 09 May 2023, 5:18 pm

If someone thinks their right to own a gun supercedes a kids right to go to school and not get shot then they're a prick.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 09 May 2023, 5:33 pm

Samo wrote:If someone thinks their right to own a gun supercedes a kids right to go to school and not get shot then they're a prick.

I didn't know they were mutually exclusive..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 10 May 2023, 11:41 am

Personally, I think it's a reflection of too many US males having a small d**k. Over-compensation etc. Gotta be, surely? As Roger Waters once sang: "Does the recoil remind you of sex?".

No-one needs an assault rifle etc and 99.999% of gun owners don't need any sort of weapon for "self-defence".

It's become too partisan now; a bit like the Covid vaccine issue did. Rational thought isn't allowed any more.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 May 2023, 12:19 pm

When it comes to mass shootings in the US there is really before and after Columbine.....Certainly been an exacerbation since probably the most notorious massacre back in 1999....Especially in the last few years....

So what's changed ??? Perhaps a look at how Social media is affecting our kids and Society...

When I was a kid we played Baseball....Had Boxing gyms....Weightlifting gyms....Football...Soccer etc where we learned to communicate and develop.....Healthy bodies...Healthy minds and we didn't feel alienated.....

These days and I've seen it first hand...kids like to play games and do facebook..TikTok etc and not only does it restrict development but if you are getting a rough ride at College or School....Nasty types can find you at home as well...

Yes guns are a problem but are they really the major problem....Not sure.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 10 May 2023, 12:37 pm

Well if guns are not the problem, what is for sure is they're not the solution.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 10 May 2023, 1:53 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When it comes to mass shootings in the US there is really before and after Columbine.....Certainly been an exacerbation since probably the most notorious massacre back in 1999....Especially in the last few years....

So what's changed  ??? Perhaps a look at how Social media is affecting our kids and Society...

When I was a kid we played Baseball....Had Boxing gyms....Weightlifting gyms....Football...Soccer etc where we learned to communicate and develop.....Healthy bodies...Healthy minds and we didn't feel alienated.....

These days and I've seen it first hand...kids like to play games and do facebook..TikTok etc and not only does it restrict development but if you are getting a rough ride at College or School....Nasty types  can find you at home as well...

Just out of interest, what were the rules on assault rifle etc ownership at the point you were a kid? Easier to own a firearm now? Access to more semi-automatic weapons? Did they allow bump stocks then? I don't know, but would be good to know that part of the equation is comparable to situation now...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 10 May 2023, 2:12 pm

What is an AR-15 for?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 May 2023, 2:27 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:When it comes to mass shootings in the US there is really before and after Columbine.....Certainly been an exacerbation since probably the most notorious massacre back in 1999....Especially in the last few years....

So what's changed  ??? Perhaps a look at how Social media is affecting our kids and Society...

These days and I've seen it first hand...kids like to play games and do facebook..TikTok etc and not only does it restrict development but if you are getting a rough ride at College or School....Nasty types  can find you at home as well...

Just out of interest, what were the rules on assault rifle etc ownership at the point you were a kid? Easier to own a firearm now? Access to more semi-automatic weapons? Did they allow bump stocks then? I don't know, but would be good to know that part of the equation is comparable to situation now...

Don't recall there being any or much legislation until someone went crazy in a Californian school killing kids and teachers in the late 80s just before I left Roxbury and the push for change came then although Bush Sr ignored the calls.......Clinton brought in a law banning certain types of Assault weapons those with high capacity but all it did short term was speed up production and eventually cheapen the prices because they knew the ban was coming........The bill expired under Bush and politicians have fought tooth and nail to not renew it since....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 11 May 2023, 1:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Don't recall there being any or much legislation until someone went crazy in a Californian school killing kids and teachers in the late 80s just before I left Roxbury and the push for change came then although Bush Sr ignored the calls.......Clinton brought in a law banning certain types of Assault weapons those with high capacity but all it did short term was speed up production and eventually cheapen the prices because they knew the ban was coming........The bill expired under Bush and politicians have fought tooth and nail to not renew it since....
Well, whatever the ins and outs of the situation, it's a problem that no-one seems willing (which is the worst part of this) or able to solve. One thing's for sure, it's been happening for a while (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States) and from well before Columbine.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 11 May 2023, 1:58 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Well, whatever the ins and outs of the situation, it's a problem that no-one seems willing (which is the worst part of this) or able to solve. One thing's for sure, it's been happening for a while (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mass_shootings_in_the_United_States) and from well before Columbine.

In no way am I looking to come across as mordacious or anything....But....Why don't you solve it  ??? you seem to intimate that possible remedies are out there...

You going to ask bad people to hand their weapons over if you say please ???...Worth a go I suppose..

Horse has bolted..... I remarked earlier that the Founding Fathers probably saw the Constitution as a document to be updated with the times..... and that it wasn't to be cast in stone and also that they would be horrified at the way things have gone...

But good intentions and all that....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 11 May 2023, 4:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

In no way am I looking to come across as mordacious or anything....But....Why don't you solve it  ??? you seem to intimate that possible remedies are out there...

You going to ask bad people to hand their weapons over if you say please ???...Worth a go I suppose..

Horse has bolted..... I remarked earlier that the Founding Fathers probably saw the Constitution as a document to be updated with the times..... and that it wasn't to be cast in stone and also that they would be horrified at the way things have gone...

But good intentions and all that....
OK. Just let the massacre of the innocents continue because no-one has a clue and/or the willpower? Give me strength. A solution? US politicians grow some (the males, that is; other metaphors available for others) and legislate to reduce the legality of owning, for example, AR-15-type assault rifles etc. You know, one of the worst things Americans have done in their country is make the word 'socialist' a swear word. It is not always the needs of the one over the many and the many can **** off. That's what a society implies, but I guess America (and too many humans in general) hasn't got there yet. Amazingly, living in a society means one has responsibilities to those around one. If people could be trusted/were mentally adult enough to pack any firearm they could afford w/o their children blowing themselves to buggery through irresponsible storage etc, or idiots murdering thousands, so be it. I put it to you that America has nicely demonstrated it isn't ready for that responsibility and, if anything, is farther away from it now that it was, say, 50 years ago. The incredible thing is that despite this sort of rubbish, America has been the success it has.

Arguing that because the bad guys won't hand over weapons, that's a good reason for law abiding citizens to tool up w/ near military grade kit is absurd - that's what you have the police, SWAT etc for. Suggest that most criminals don't want a gun fight, for all they might be armed - they want swag. If one was surprised by a bad guy wielding a gun, he/she already has it pointed at you - who do you think you are? Wyatt Earp or Billy the Kid? Just give them the cash and have insurance as the alternative isn't worth it.
Many of these massacres aren't performed by 'bad guys' with a criminal record - it's loony tunes and/or the disaffected w/o a previous record. I get that everyone thinks personal freedom is the be all and end all, and that gun ownership has been decreed to embody that (probably by the NRA; I disagree, but I'm happy enough w/ my d**k and too old now to care anyway), so I doubt you'll be able to remove them all, but FFS, no-one needs an assault rifle or ridiculous high-capacity magazines, bump stocks etc etc. Do something concrete because "thoughts and prayers" sure as **** don't cut it and, in all honesty, are an insult to those killed or the families etc thereof.

To be honest, I could imagine if I was American and that my family/child/wife etc was killed by some nutter because the spineless NRA shills won't do anything about gun ownership, I might consider my life done with anyway and specifically go after any Congressman etc I could get my sights on. How long before that actually happens and some distraught individual attempts something like that? Might at least actually make those spineless politicians have a serious think...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next