The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup

+34
TAFKA The Oracle
neilthom7
Collapse2005
miltonkeynesengland
Duty281
Heaf
George Carlin
Poorfour
TJ
EWT Spoons
Mcsweens
Yoda
doctor_grey
king_carlos
Barney McGrew did it
WELL-PAST-IT
carpet baboon
tigertattie
Recwatcher16
Highland Shaun
BigGee
lostinwales
hugehandoff
formerly known as Sam
jimbopip
mountain man
No 7&1/2
Mr Bounce
Geordie
Tramptastic
RDW
Hazel Sapling
NeilyBroon
bsando
38 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup - Page 7 Empty Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup

Post by bsando Tue 20 Feb 2024, 10:03

First topic message reminder :

Scotland vs England

Saturday 24th February 2024
Venue: Murrayfield 
Kick-off: 4:45pm
Referee: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
TV Coverage: Live on BBC (UK) and Virgin Media (ROI)

Teams

Scotland 

Kinghorn, Steyn, Jones, Tuipulotu, Van der Merwe, Russell (co-capt), White; Schoeman, Turner, Fagerson, Gilchrist, Cummings, Ritchie, Darge (co-capt), Dempsey.
Replacements: Ashman, Hepburn, Skinner, Christie, Horne, Healy, Redpath.

England 

Furbank; Freeman, Slade, Lawrence, Daly; Ford, Care; Genge, George (capt), Cole, Itoje, Chessum, Roots, Underhill, Earl.
Replacements: Dan, Marler, Stuart, Martin, Cunningham-South, Spencer, F Smith, Feyi-Waboso.

Last edited by bsando on Thu 22 Feb 2024, 15:10; edited 1 time in total

bsando

NeilyBroon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup - Page 7 Empty Re: Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup

Post by Yoda Sat 24 Feb 2024, 18:57

glaws wrote:Not really a shock though, this is what happens when you pick players from Bath, Quins and Sarries who only care about their bank balances. Them 3 plus Wasps before they thankfully went bust are the reason English rugby is in a mess due to their greed and corruption I’m afraid, just a pity those 3 didn’t go the same way instead of Irish, Worcester and Jersey.

Wow 😳 perhaps we should select more Gloucester players because they are flying high in the league.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup - Page 7 Empty Re: Scotland vs England | The Calcutta Cup

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:02

doctor_grey wrote:Scotland were very good, turning sk!t ball into gold.  VDM is very, very good.  But very much a team win.

So England change players and manage to score only 21 points.  Clearly not all on the players....  

I know I shouldn't do this in the immediate aftermath of the game, but for the next game, I would select:
The same front row, at least for 10-20 minutes (OK more than 20, just a little joke)
Same second row
Back row 6 Martin, 7 CCS, 8 Earl
Scrum half:  Mauro Bergamesco (doom on England).  It's easy to see the value Mitchell adds.  I suppose Spencer has to start, but gawd, he is so slow.
Fly half:  could go either way, but despite everything he does well, Ford is not a difference maker now
11:  IFW (no doubts)
12: Lawrence was not great but did push the defense back with ball in hand.  Just don't make a break and try to pass.
13:  Slade (could easily go Freeman)
14:  Freeman (could be Daly)
15:  Furbank (needs another start - hopefully with Fin at 10)

One of the American tv commentators offered the thought that England's biggest problem was the game plan.  As in he was having trouble figuring out what they were actually trying to do.  Almost seemed they were trying to attack aggressively but had no plan B when something didn't work.  Good example was when England were doing well earlier in the game and Care kicked the ball into touch, killing any momentum.      

Heavens no, he was bl00dy awful. Ireland are up next and they like to kick to compete. Furbank didn't take a single kick under competition which is fine because it's not a regular Scotland tactic but against Ireland he won't get away with that. Steward really ought to come back in.

I hope Fin Smith gets a run out though for Ireland. We need to change it up.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:09

doctor_grey wrote:Scotland were very good, turning sk!t ball into gold.  VDM is very, very good.  But very much a team win.

So England change players and manage to score only 21 points.  Clearly not all on the players....  

I know I shouldn't do this in the immediate aftermath of the game, but for the next game, I would select:
The same front row, at least for 10-20 minutes (OK more than 20, just a little joke)
Same second row
Back row 6 Martin, 7 CCS, 8 Earl
Scrum half:  Mauro Bergamesco (doom on England).  It's easy to see the value Mitchell adds.  I suppose Spencer has to start, but gawd, he is so slow.
Fly half:  could go either way, but despite everything he does well, Ford is not a difference maker now
11:  IFW (no doubts)
12: Lawrence was not great but did push the defense back with ball in hand.  Just don't make a break and try to pass.
13:  Slade (could easily go Freeman)
14:  Freeman (could be Daly)
15:  Furbank (needs another start - hopefully with Fin at 10)

One of the American tv commentators offered the thought that England's biggest problem was the game plan.  As in he was having trouble figuring out what they were actually trying to do.  Almost seemed they were trying to attack aggressively but had no plan B when something didn't work.  Good example was when England were doing well earlier in the game and Care kicked the ball into touch, killing any momentum.      

To be honest Underhill was good, and actually worked as a fetcher. Much better than his 1st 2 games this championship. Martin for Roots is a no brainer though.

(Chessum - twice passed to the guys in blue, one of those times after a fantastic steal.)

The scrum half situation is just shocking. Care was OK for about 20 10? minutes, then was bad. Spencer was just bad.

Lawrence got some horrendous passes, which he understandably dropped. He also got some decent passes which he still dropped. He looks dangerous, but I am not sure for which side. Wasn't a good day for Slade either.

Ford's defense was terrific, Drop goal aside he was otherwise so so.

Furbank mixed good and bad. Lovely try. Occasionally looked like a headless chicken. Much improved on his previous caps but jury is still out.

IFW was a breath of fresh air.

First 20 minutes everything Scotland tried they messed up. Then it was England's turn. Scotland weren't great to be honest, outside of 'Messi' and VDM who was absolutely lethal

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:10

Stats do not make pretty reading for either side.  England well on top in almost everything. Hug

https://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/playerstats?_slug_=england-scotland&gameId=597384&league=180659

Last edited by TJ on Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:11; edited 1 time in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:10

Despite loss I think England are heading in right direction.
Daly needs to go and now. IFW needs to start. Offers so much more. Spencer ? Hmm not sure he's any better than Care.

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:12

bsando wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I was thinking about Felix Jones being brought on board the England coaching staff. The obvious conclusion would be that England would look to replicate the Boks' blitz defence. This seems to highlight three things for me.
The first two matches suggest that the England players haven't quite got to grips with it yet.
Even once they work out what they should be doing they are not as good, man for man , as the Boks.
You can bet Suella DeVille's place in the seventh circle of Hell that Toonie has spent every night since the Boks strangled the life out of Scotland at the World Cup planning how to unpick the Boks' Blitz defence.

Putting all of these ideas together; new defensive system, players not quite good enough for it, Toonie obsessively planning for the next time he encounters it....We're doomed. Doomed I say.
I thought this train of thought was going in a completely different direction.

It worked, it worked..

Yahoo oh yeah

jimbopip

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:13

glaws wrote:Not really a shock though, this is what happens when you pick players from Bath, Quins and Sarries who only care about their bank balances. Them 3 plus Wasps before they thankfully went bust are the reason English rugby is in a mess due to their greed and corruption I’m afraid, just a pity those 3 didn’t go the same way instead of Irish, Worcester and Jersey.

Stupid comment.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:14

Could Lawrence not showing his league form be caused by him being played out of position?

carpet baboon

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:16

mountain man wrote:Despite loss I think England are heading in right direction.
Daly needs to go and now. IFW needs to start. Offers so much more. Spencer ? Hmm not sure he's any better than Care.

We're set now for a 5th place finish and then NZ away twice. How long is Borthwick lasting?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:17

carpet baboon wrote:Could Lawrence not showing his league form be caused by him being played out of position?

Believe it or not there are people clamouring for a full back being played in midfield!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:18

Harry Randall next week? Can't be slower, even if he is in 7 stone with his kit on...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:19

Mr Bounce wrote:Harry Randall next week? Can't be slower, even if he is in 7 stone with his kit on...

England don't want to play fast. Selections at this point have to be viewed with tactics in mind.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:21

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Harry Randall next week? Can't be slower, even if he is in 7 stone with his kit on...

England don't want to play fast. Selections at this point have to be viewed with tactics in mind.

They played quick in the first few minutes...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:25

No 7&1/2 wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Could Lawrence not showing his league form be caused by him being played out of position?

Believe it or not there are people clamouring for a full back being played in midfield!

Wouldn't say I'm clamouring. But I have suggested it should have been tried as England don't seem to have anyone who is a full time 12 in the squad.

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:26

jimbopip wrote:
bsando wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I was thinking about Felix Jones being brought on board the England coaching staff. The obvious conclusion would be that England would look to replicate the Boks' blitz defence. This seems to highlight three things for me.
The first two matches suggest that the England players haven't quite got to grips with it yet.
Even once they work out what they should be doing they are not as good, man for man , as the Boks.
You can bet Suella DeVille's place in the seventh circle of Hell that Toonie has spent every night since the Boks strangled the life out of Scotland at the World Cup planning how to unpick the Boks' Blitz defence.

Putting all of these ideas together; new defensive system, players not quite good enough for it, Toonie obsessively planning for the next time he encounters it....We're doomed. Doomed I say.
I thought this train of thought was going in a completely different direction.

It worked, it worked..

Yahoo oh yeah

I knew this was your cunning plan Wink

Heaf

jimbopip likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:28

No 7&1/2 wrote:

We're set now for a 5th place finish and then NZ away twice. How long is Borthwick lasting?

So you see Wales or Italy overtaking us?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by TAFKA The Oracle Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:35

Heaf wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Wales to beat France and Italy at home in the next two games thumbsup

TAFKA The Oracle

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 19:41

Heaf wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

It's a real risk with bonus points yes.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:12

heaven help us against Ireland...

Last edited by hugehandoff on Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:13; edited 1 time in total

hugehandoff

doctor_grey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:12

Ah yes I see a 5 pointer for Wales over Italy could be an issue. Shame Smith missed his conversion and/or Brace didn't give England a pen for Scotland being miles offside at the last ruck before the dodgy maul call.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:22

The Soith Africans played well anyway.....

Geordie

lostinwales and No 7&1/2 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:40

Heaf wrote:Ah yes I see a 5 pointer for Wales over Italy could be an issue.   Shame Smith missed his conversion and/or Brace didn't give England a pen for Scotland being miles offside at the last ruck before the dodgy maul call.

And you could say that it was harsh that a late Cole tackle etc etc. But I do think looking at the fixtures that I'd predict a 5th place for us. We'll see of course.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:41

Geordie wrote:The Soith Africans played well anyway.....

As per my other post. Just show the blooming posters dislikes then I wouldn't have to like rubbish posts.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:53

No 7&1/2 wrote:

As per my other post. Just show the blooming posters dislikes then I wouldn't have to like rubbish posts.

Last edited by Geordie on Sun 25 Feb 2024, 05:46; edited 1 time in total

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:53

Didn't even see the game....was on a works day out enjoying my self

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 20:57

Geordie wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

What? F£&k o£&

Exactly. And go back to putting me on ignore.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 24 Feb 2024, 22:00

BigGee wrote:My 60th bithday this weekend

Thank you Scotland for helping to make it a great weekend!

Happy birthday old man Biggee!

What a win. Although I'm watching the game now and for the first 18 minutes Scotland were absolutely dreadful! England started the game well in control.

RDW
Founder
Founder

bsando and BigGee like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 22:15

Hilarious headline in The Guardian, claiming Scotland ended England's Grand Slam hopes.

It is *technically* correct to say, but I don't know of a single person who thought England had any more than a 0.001% chance of winning the Grand Slam.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

doctor_grey, Heaf, bsando, jimbopip and Hazel Sapling like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 24 Feb 2024, 22:35

Laugh I hadn't seen that headline yet.

It's Ireland's to lose. They are the best team by a mile given France are Dupont less amongst other absentees.

One of my favourite rugby facts that I only learned recently is that Grand Slams are the most common type of champion in the Six Nations era. 24 Six Nations so far since Italy were added. 13 Grand Slams. They've been shared around a bit between 4 teams though. 4 for France and Wales. 3 for Ireland. 2 for England. I think as no side has won them that regularly they feel more rare than they are. The nearest Grand Slams wins were France in '02 and '04. There were two years between the Welsh '05 and '08 Slams. All the rest are bigger gaps than that. So it is generally a first for many of the players involved each time a slam is won and therefore a landmark achievement.

Ireland have a golden chance to claim the first ever back to back slams here. Farrell has developed a terrific team.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 24 Feb 2024, 22:44

1st ever back to back. And I'd still be erring towards France being the better team if they were at full strength.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 25 Feb 2024, 08:44

One thing that would get to me if I were an England fan - Scotland did nothing unpredictable. That first try came from the diamond / huipoloto formation they use ( as I talked about in a pre match post). Ball comes to Tuipiloto as the point of the diamond, Russell at the side, Jones at the other side and Duhan at the back. As Scotland come to the line this means tuipiloto has 3 players to pass to but only 2 england markers so he puts Jones into space as England are watching Finn

Scotland have been using this formation for a few years now - which players are in which position varies but it creates options. Surely England analysis should have seen this and come up with a counter?

this is how Scotland make a lot of their breaks from this formation - it gives 3 straight passing options plus the ball carrier can kick or finn can do a runaround. 5 options once that ball is at the point of the diamond

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Sun 25 Feb 2024, 08:57

Well as I said on England thread, I think they lost that as much as Scotland won it. No disrespect to Scotland who got what they deserved but England way too many errors. And mostly totally unforced.

As for officials, nah no excuse. Can quibble about some decisions but ultimately England weren't good enough.

Selection for Ireland game be interesting.

mountain man

doctor_grey, lostinwales and Heaf like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 25 Feb 2024, 09:52

Morning peeps Hug
happy birthday Gee. cake
Wow...Scotland won well yesterday.
I disagree with Flounder, we weren't awful in the first 20 minutes; I think the players were too keen to get stuck in and wanted to attack from every possession. Possibly they had been told to stop the England defence setting and keep the off balance. Once they settled down and began working through the phases they were very much in control of the game.
Everyone in the media is raving about the Hat-trick Hero but for me the pack were incredibly good. England's main strength is their power game. They just never dominated at all yesterday. 1-8 were superb, but two special mentions; GG was a warrior clap also Dempsey had a great game without the ball. We tend to focus on his pace and the carries he makes but he really showed some dog yesterday. clap clap

One big concern is that Les Blues scored the decisive try from a scrum where White was in the wrong place....England did the same.
Apart from that England never really looked like scoring until very late on. Although nerves made it feel different at the time...it was actually a pretty comfortable win.

So, Italy to win by 19 points methinks. Doh

jimbopip

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Sun 25 Feb 2024, 10:00

Until England have a centre partnership fit for purpose they are going to struggle big time

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 25 Feb 2024, 21:59

Happy birthday BigGee

RiscaGame

BigGee likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Mon 26 Feb 2024, 13:02

TJ wrote:One thing that would get to me if I were an England fan - Scotland did nothing unpredictable.  That first try came from the diamond / huipoloto formation they use ( as I talked about in a pre match post).  Ball comes to Tuipiloto as the point of the diamond, Russell at the side, Jones at the other  side and Duhan at the back.  As Scotland come to the line this means tuipiloto has 3 players to pass to but only 2 england markers so he puts Jones into space as England are watching Finn

Scotland have been using this formation for a few years now - which players are in which position varies but it creates options.  Surely England analysis should have seen this and come up with a counter?

this is how Scotland make a lot of their breaks from this formation - it gives 3 straight passing options plus the ball carrier can kick or finn can do a runaround.  5 options once that ball is at the point of the diamond

It was the one time the England defensive system broke down, and it was because Lawrence went to the player inside who would have been picked up by the players defending in to out - left the big hole that Jones went through.
Otherwise, DvdM's tries came from two great bits of opportunism - England mistake and quickly picked up and shipped to him in space (BIG problem for a defence), and then Redpath recovering a loose ball off the charge down and finding a hole where the England players were pursuing the loose ball, followed by a terrific bit of execution by Russell with the cross kick (you can see Care spots the lack of cover and is trying to get there, but the kick was too well executed - a yard or so shorter and I think he covers it)..

So Scotland won without actually needing to do much by way of creative rugby - just very good at taking their opportunities in broken play. That England gave them too many opportunities with crap handling definintely needs looking at.

dummy_half

Poorfour likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon 26 Feb 2024, 13:10

You cant make 24 handling errors and expect to win a game....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Tue 27 Feb 2024, 08:28

dummy_half wrote:
TJ wrote:One thing that would get to me if I were an England fan - Scotland did nothing unpredictable.  That first try came from the diamond / huipoloto formation they use ( as I talked about in a pre match post).  Ball comes to Tuipiloto as the point of the diamond, Russell at the side, Jones at the other  side and Duhan at the back.  As Scotland come to the line this means tuipiloto has 3 players to pass to but only 2 england markers so he puts Jones into space as England are watching Finn

Scotland have been using this formation for a few years now - which players are in which position varies but it creates options.  Surely England analysis should have seen this and come up with a counter?

this is how Scotland make a lot of their breaks from this formation - it gives 3 straight passing options plus the ball carrier can kick or finn can do a runaround.  5 options once that ball is at the point of the diamond

It was the one time the England defensive system broke down, and it was because Lawrence went to the player inside who would have been picked up by the players defending in to out - left the big hole that Jones went through.
Otherwise, DvdM's tries came from two great bits of opportunism - England mistake and quickly picked up and shipped to him in space (BIG problem for a defence), and then Redpath recovering a loose ball off the charge down and finding a hole where the England players were pursuing the loose ball, followed by a terrific bit of execution by Russell with the cross kick (you can see Care spots the lack of cover and is trying to get there, but the kick was too well executed - a yard or so shorter and I think he covers it)..

So Scotland won without actually needing to do much by way of creative rugby - just very good at taking their opportunities in broken play. That England gave them too many opportunities with crap handling definintely needs looking at.

Scotland broke the blitz numerous times. Often by passing and kicking outside of the blitz - see Duhans 3rd try. Only by the skin of their teeth and not at every attempt but numerous times thru the match

TJ

Poorfour likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 27 Feb 2024, 11:08

I don't think the third try really beat the defensive system as much as Redpath made a good break in a broken field situation following the charge down, and England couldn't scramble back fast enough. Still an excellent kick from Russell to exploit the space, but wasn't really a system failure - indeed, you could argue that the defence system did a good job up to the point of charging down Russell's previous kick.

I'm not saying that the England defence was great, but when set it did itt's job pretty effectively. The bigger problem on Saturday was that half our team seemed to have changed their hands for feet...

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Tue 27 Feb 2024, 11:10

TJ wrote:
Scotland broke the blitz numerous times.  Often by passing and kicking outside of the blitz - see Duhans 3rd try.  Only by the skin of their teeth and not at every attempt but numerous times thru the match

Quite. That's the issue with Jones's defensive system - you are vulnerable if the opposition can get around the initial rush and you don't have ultra-fast back three to cover it. It will improve with experience and learning when the blitz is likely to be bypassed and the team needs to switch to a drift, but it reputedly took the Boks 18 months to get it right.

I suspect we may see players like Murley, Muir and Hodge get their chances before too long. Murley definitely has the speed and positional sense to patch some of the holes.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 27 Feb 2024, 12:33

Poorfour wrote:
TJ wrote:
Scotland broke the blitz numerous times.  Often by passing and kicking outside of the blitz - see Duhans 3rd try.  Only by the skin of their teeth and not at every attempt but numerous times thru the match

Quite. That's the issue with Jones's defensive system - you are vulnerable if the opposition can get around the initial rush and you don't have ultra-fast back three to cover it. It will improve with experience and learning when the blitz is likely to be bypassed and the team needs to switch to a drift, but it reputedly took the Boks 18 months to get it right.

I suspect we may see players like Murley, Muir and Hodge get their chances before too long. Murley definitely has the speed and positional sense to patch some of the holes.
From the admittedly few times I have seen Hodge, he does seem to cover a lot of ground. No real idea of how ready or not he is for the next level - haven't seen him that much - but does seem to have potential.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Tue 27 Feb 2024, 19:43

Murley is impressive in defence and knows what he is doing on the wing, Hodge looks a bit lightweight at international level but if he can tackle then why not. Furbank hasn't realised his potential and Freddy steward might not be the answer either.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 27 Feb 2024, 20:57

Hodge has that priceless ability to change direction whilst apparently running flat out.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 28 Feb 2024, 08:26

lostinwales wrote:Hodge has that priceless ability to change direction whilst apparently running flat out.

And he seems to be pretty robust and secure in the air for a skinny-looking kid.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 28 Feb 2024, 09:20

Poorfour wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Hodge has that priceless ability to change direction whilst apparently running flat out.

And he seems to be pretty robust and secure in the air for a skinny-looking kid.

I suspect Hodge will end up on the wing at international level. His lack of physicality has caused some issues at Prem level with losing the ball in contact or under pressure. Give him an inch and he'll take half the pitch but catch him and he's not secure.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mountain man Wed 28 Feb 2024, 09:57

What about George Hendy, is he injured as he has been very good this season for Saints so I was suprised he wasn't included in A squad. Maybe England have used up their Northhampton quota...

mountain man

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 28 Feb 2024, 09:59

mountain man wrote:What about George Hendy, is he injured as he has been very good this season for Saints so I was suprised he wasn't included in A squad. Maybe England have used up their Northhampton quota...

He's injured I believe.

formerly known as Sam

mountain man likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7