The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024

5 posters

Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024 Empty SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 18 Apr 2024, 17:08

Surrey have named a 16 man squad for the LV=Insurance County Championship game away to Kent starting on Friday 19th April at Canterbury.
Dan Worrall and Conor McKerr return to the squad following injury.
As England centrally contracted players, Gus Atkinson and Ollie Pope have been rested for this fixture by the ECB. picard
Josh Blake and Ben Geddes are named in a squad for the first time this year.
There is still no place for Amir Virdi
Full Squad:
Burns(c)
Blake
Clark
Dunn
Foakes
Geddes
Lawes
Lawrence
McKerr
Overton
Patel
Roach
Sibley
Smith
Steel
Worrall
Yet again more nonsense from the ECB raspberry
16 named probably with the 2nd XI not having a game this week, unless the garden of England was too much for most of the squad not to miss out on. Wink
Most likely to be Worrall in for Atkinson and Patel in for Pope, leaving Blake, Dunn, Geddes, Lawes and McKerr on drink duties.
Over to you chaps thumbsup

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024

Post by guildfordbat Thu 18 Apr 2024, 18:01

jimbobgooner wrote: ...

Yet again more nonsense from the ECB  raspberry
16 named probably with the 2nd XI not having a game this week, unless the garden of England was too much for most of the squad not to miss out on.  Wink
Most likely to be Worrall in for Atkinson and Patel in for Pope, leaving Blake, Dunn, Geddes, Lawes and McKerr on drink duties.

Hi JimBob - thanks for the thread and, yep, your eleven is most likely. I do feel though that Lawes might come in, maybe for Overton who struggled with the ball against Somerset.

I trust Blake is there just as a batting option/reserve and the ECB haven't come up with some further loony restriction that Foakes isn't allowed to keep. Unlikely but you never know these days! Rolling Eyes

guildfordbat

jimbobgooner likes this post

Back to top Go down

SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024 Empty Re: SURREY VS KENT LV= COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION ONE 2024

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 19 Apr 2024, 15:37

Surrey win toss and bowl
Overton misses out with a back injury so Lawes comes in

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Fri 19 Apr 2024, 16:25

Cheers jimbob
So Crawley can play, but not our 2, and Root and Brook for Yorks.Back on now, and Worrall has taken a wicket,need to make inroads to make up for the lost time

thegooch7

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 19 Apr 2024, 16:46

2nd for Worrall

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sat 20 Apr 2024, 11:35

thegooch7 wrote:So Crawley can play, but not our 2, and Root and Brook for Yorks
I believe the England players are only being allowed to play 5 of the first 7 rounds, but I don't know if it's the ECB or the clubs/players with the final say on which ones. Crawley sat out the first two rounds, so should be available going forward (although his contributions for Kent have generally been pretty limited).

Lowlandbrit

guildfordbat, thegooch7 and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2024, 11:34

Lowlandbrit wrote:
thegooch7 wrote:So Crawley can play, but not our 2, and Root and Brook for Yorks
I believe the England players are only being allowed to play 5 of the first 7 rounds, but I don't know if it's the ECB or the clubs/players with the final say on which ones. Crawley sat out the first two rounds, so should be available going forward (although his contributions for Kent have generally been pretty limited).

Hi Lowland - I've heard that too. I don't understand though why it has to be found out through stage whispers and not announced clearly by the ECB and, assuming they know, each County side.

Haven't seen much of this game but Surrey doing well. In reply to Kent's 244, Surrey were 200/1 after 55 overs (the halfway point to accumulate batting points) a short while ago. Play positively but not recklessly until lunch and then we can to start to think about a declaration in the middle session.

Weather forecast isn't good for tomorrow and it's important we don't run out of time if we can help it. In other words, don't muck it up as we did last week!

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2024, 14:57

Surrey 420/4 off 96 overs. Sibley and Lawrence scored centuries. clap clap

Get to 450 asap now for the full 5 batting points and then immediately declare is my way forward.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2024, 16:15

Possibly influenced by a much improved weather forecast for tomorrow, Surrey pile on the runs and reach tea on 543/7. A massive lead of 299.

Will they declare now? I'll guess not. Batty has long subscribed to batting on so as - and I quote - ''to p1ss them off''.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2024, 16:30

Wrong again! Surrey declare at tea. Anyway we don't lose 2 overs on the changeover and should have 37 overs to get amongst 'em tonight.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 21 Apr 2024, 17:53

Kent 3 down Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 21 Apr 2024, 20:17

jimbobgooner wrote:Kent 3 down Very Happy

And 5 down at stumps. Worrall making a good difference for us.

Ours to win and head home with 24 points tomorrow unless the weather misbehaves and/or we really muck up.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 22 Apr 2024, 09:44

Great work so far in this game - and great to see Lawrence off the mark so well in his Surrey career too.

Cam Steel is the new Shane Warne, who saw that coming?! Very Happy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Apr 2024, 09:48

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:Great work so far in this game - and great to see Lawrence off the mark so well in his Surrey career too.

Cam Steel is the new Shane Warne, who saw that coming?! Very Happy

Olly - although not a leggie, I feel you might want to dial down a bit and stick to comparisons with Zafar Ansari. Wink

guildfordbat

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 22 Apr 2024, 13:30

Oh come on! Matt Parkinson must be the worst number 8 on the circuit with an average under 9.4 and a top score of 30. This morning we've helped him look like Viv Richards ... ok, Larry Gomes!

At lunch, Parky is on 25 and with Evison (44 not out) has put on 64 for the 7th wicket. Scoreboard reads 203/6 with Kent remaining in deficit to the tune of 96 runs. We should still win but nowhere near as comfortably as it should have been. That's also assuming the weather continues to behave - Canterbury being one of the few bright spots today.

guildfordbat

thegooch7 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 22 Apr 2024, 15:18

The bar is open Very Happy Ale mug guinness cider RedWine Whisky Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly Bubbly

jimbobgooner

guildfordbat and thegooch7 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by thegooch7 Mon 22 Apr 2024, 16:38

Finally dismissed the 4 number 11s! Made harder work of it but a maximum points win is most welcome

thegooch7

guildfordbat and jimbobgooner like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down