The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard

+3
sonic_boom10
Mike Selig
hodge
7 posters

Go down

best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard Empty best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 9:19 am

done, sub-contient, and pitches that swing and offer movement, but what about pitches, for example in australia, where offers nothing and are generally flat... this is my side, what is yours????....

1)Tillkaratne Dilshan (C)
2)Alistair Cook
3)Jonathon Trott
4)Sachin Tendulkar
5)Mike Hussey
6)Ab De Villiers (WK)
7)Mohammad Hafeez (offers spin option)
8)Umar Gul (pitches usually reverse swing)
9)Saeed Ajmal
10)Dale Steyn
11)Zaheer Khan

Last edited by cricketfan90 on Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard Empty Re: best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard

Post by hodge Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:11 am

surely considering the ashes series that has just passed Cook should be in the side? rediculous average for a test series in Aus.

hodge

Back to top Go down

best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard Empty Re: best test side, in conditions, in australia, and pitches that are rock hard

Post by Mike Selig Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:22 am

Presumably this is on current form, otherwise Ponting surely?

My side:
Cook
Watson
Trott
Tendulkar
Hussey
Laxman (decent record in Aus, often produces in big matches)
Haddin (wkt) (I don't like Prior...)
Johnson (match-winner on hard pitches)
Bishoo (finger spinners never do well in Aus, he's probably the best wrist-spinner around)
Steyn
Tremlett (bowled brilliantly in Aus and you need a hit the pitch bowler)

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

bishoo is a talent but isnt proven at the moment in test matches properly

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

My side:

1. Virender Sehwag (averages 50+ in Oz with 2 150+ scores)
2. Alistair Cook
3. V.V.S. Laxman (OZ fear the pants of V.V.S!!!)
4. Sachin Tendulkar (Loves playing everyone, but saves his best for Oz)
5. A.B. de Villiers
6. Michael Hussey
7. Kumar Sangakkara (w/k)
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Dale Steyn (destroyed Oz back in 2008-09)
10. Ryan Harris
11. Danish Kaneria (goods record in Oz)

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:41 pm

Ryan Harris???

Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:45 pm

Agreed entirely cricketfan90; however finger spinners have hardly ever done well in Aus (anyone know Vettori's record? I think he always did better against Aus at home...), so I wanted a wrist spinner. I happen to think despite his newishness Bishoo is the best such around (although Kaneria is a decent shout also).

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:47 pm

legendkillar wrote:Ryan Harris???

Laugh
Oz best bowler in the Ashes until he broke his leg.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 15 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

sonic_boom10 wrote:

Laugh

The guy could've bowled with a medicine ball and still not take any wickets!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Actually quite like Sonic's team for Aus conditions , except for the inclusion of half the Australian attack that recently conceded about 500 plus throughout the Ashes ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:45 pm

alfie wrote:Actually quite like Sonic's team for Aus conditions , except for the inclusion of half the Australian attack that recently conceded about 500 plus throughout the Ashes ...
I would've chosen Mohammad Amir but he's banned so went with spraygun Mitch

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:46 pm

i would have picked amir if it wasnt for his 'problems' lol

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

legendkillar wrote:
sonic_boom10 wrote:

Laugh

The guy could've bowled with a medicine ball and still not take any wickets!
11 wicket @ 25, blows your theory out the window.

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm

i must admit i think harris is a very good bowler

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

Harris is OK
Not sure he's done enough to feature in a "best of" anything though.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 2:11 pm

alfie wrote:Harris is OK
Not sure he's done enough to feature in a "best of" anything though.

i never said he did, but i do think that the criticism of him is a bit harsh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:35 am

The OP is a bit too generalised - you do realise there is more variation in pitch conditions in Australia than anywhere in the world? Just compare pitch conditions in Hobart, Brisbane, Perth and Sydney and you'll get a better understanding.

Also, pitches here have undergone dramatic change over the years. While most appear now to be 'generally flat' to you and therefore are more batsman friendly - there are often instances where all that goes out the window - and seam, movement off the wicket and bounce can vary significantly.

This is proven by the fact that it is more necessary to select 'horses for courses' bowlers - depending on where you're playing.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sat 18 Jun 2011, 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Sat 18 Jun 2011, 11:16 am

cricketfan90

come on mate.you are saying bishoo shouldnt be picked bcoz he is unproven yet you have picked hafeez whose test record is abysmal.plz dont tell me he offers a spin option bcoz you already have Dilshan.Also Anderson and tremlett were amazing in aus last winter.gul toured aus in 2009-10 and was poor.so either tremlett or anderson instead of gul
i would go for

Cook
Gambhir
Trott
Tendulkar
VVSL
Bell
MSD(c and wk)
Harbhajan
Steyn
Anderson
Tremlett

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Sat 18 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:cricketfan90

come on mate.you are saying bishoo shouldnt be picked bcoz he is unproven yet you have picked hafeez whose test record is abysmal.plz dont tell me he offers a spin option bcoz you already have Dilshan.Also Anderson and tremlett were amazing in aus last winter.gul toured aus in 2009-10 and was poor.so either tremlett or anderson instead of gul
i would go for

Cook
Gambhir
Trott
Tendulkar
VVSL
Bell
MSD(c and wk)
Harbhajan
Steyn
Anderson
Tremlett

Come on not Bhajji, he's toilet and I'm Indian and very biased!!!

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:25 am

OK Swann then

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:48 am

ajmal would be very good on pitches that bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

Ajmal averages 51 in Aus

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:20 pm

still very good in them conditions thats just one tour

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down