The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+34
welshjohn369
Pal Joey
Gibson
rhino-dragon
robbo277
Standulstermen
WillyGilly
Ozzy3213
PenfroPete
Rava
mickyt
Mickado
RuggerRadge2611
Suspicious lurker
Breadvan
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
nottins
Cymroglan
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Luckless Pedestrian
prop_lyd
Glas a du
rodders
greybeard
MBTGOG
Adam D
Cari
red_stag
Mick(TEFC)
Notch
perthshirepuma
littleswannygirl
Thomond
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
38 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 15 Jun 2011, 5:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the Tommy Bowe photo on the bar. That's a banning offence

So pull up a chair....what'll it be? appletini

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by KiaRose Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:04 pm

Hobo wrote:
KiaRose wrote:
Hobo wrote:Afternoon all - just got the Q&A back from Victor Ubogu. Some really interesting and candid stuff in there.

Are any of you Bath fans? He has quite a lot to say about them!

Good, bad or indifferent, Hobo? I live in "Bath-fan" territory and know quite a few.

I will post it tomrrow - cracking responses and he doesnt hold back

Will miss it in that case - off to Brighton for what I suspect might be a pretty boring workshop on Tuesday ...

KiaRose

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Breadvan Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Notch wrote:Here's one for a chilled out Sunday;

The best of Hans Moleman!

One of my favourite characters. " Go on, kiss his head. Its like a peanut!"
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

Kia - I PM'd them to you as you have shown an interest!

I will post it tomorrow - havent time to format it all today. (hint to Kia - it isnt formatted!)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:09 pm

Quiet in yer like.

Just went for a run. On my route, I ran past an ironing shop called A Pressed O. It's in Crosskeys, so I'd recommend a visit for you Munster A supporters. It might turn out to be Crosskeys' most famous tourist attraction (maybe just behind Darren Morgan's Snooker club).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:22 pm

Oh yeah, I now own the RAF Spitfires (7's) shirt. The one with the clouds on. Loves it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:27 pm

Sounds cool Rev, you got a link for that?

You could act as a tourist guide for the hordes and hordes of Munster fans that will be descending, on Cross Keys, I'm sure Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

Ha. I might well do that.

I like the light blue one best, but the 3rd choice kit is a bit different.

Hmmm, it seems the black one has gone.By yer

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t7498-great-songs-with-a-sense-of-humour#197576

Wrote an article if anyones interested.

Pretty cool shirt Rev OK
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 19 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

Love the 'black shirt' Rev - they've still got them at Siop Rygbi in town.

On the train back to Penfro Towers now, just passing down the Towy. Had lovely time with Mam & Dad. Watched the U20's game with him in the local yesterday - lovely Very Happy
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:28 pm

Nice journey along there Penfro - you're probably home by now. I'm heading West the week after next. Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

I really want to have a good proper rugby debate but just can't be harsed starting one.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

Just watching some cricket here.

Chris Tremlett heart

Feeling lots better than I did this morning, and have been enjoying the sunshine, always makes me Smile

Glad you had a lovely weekend Penfro thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:31 pm

MBTGOG wrote:I really want to have a good proper rugby debate but just can't be harsed starting one.

Probably best to give it a miss then Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sun 19 Jun 2011, 5:42 pm

CARI/DREAMER - thanks, just great to see 'Darby & Joan' Wink He grinds my gears sometimes, but I love him (and my Mam) to bits. They dragged me up well I think. STill on the train, just pulling in to Castell-Nedd (devil) Arrive at the station (not Cardiff) at 18:18, herself is picking me up. So, home and settle in for a an evening of Mc-Mania hopefully thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

Chalut(french for trawler,but as I'm not permitted to say OLA---Sorry EspangelleI'll just say salut and hope toget away with it.

Just done a wedding,lunch and dinner yesterday which blew them all away,starting to work out how to bluff the French;the Continentals believed that 'French Flair' existed,tis now Gallo/Eco/hiberno/anglo bluff that is getting them to eat Asian cold food Yahoo
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun 19 Jun 2011, 6:55 pm

cooo quiet in here. Must be cause the sun's come out Smile I won't be here much next week anyway cause I'll be in a different office, so I'll only get to pop in at home.

My brother and his missus have just come back from a weekend in London. He took her just to meet Keanu Reeves at a book signing cause she loves him. Now that's a good hubby Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

Cari - ah that was a lovely thing for him to do Smile

Jut had a bit of a nap, and now settling in for some golf viewing, about another hours to go before Rory starts playing again though. Really hope he can win this.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:22 pm

Evening pub. Rev, I was with Penfro when we were eying the RAF rugby shirts in Cardiff on Sat. morning. They are much better than the Army and Navy shirts. An appropriate sponsor too thumbsup

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:25 pm

What book was Keanu Reeves signing?

Still want a rugby debate!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 19 Jun 2011, 7:43 pm

Munsty - which players have impressed you from the 6N countries in the JWC so far. I have to admit that I haven't seen a lot of Wales, but Conway for Ireland, Weir for Scotland and Launchbury for England (not because he's a Wasp) have been my stand out players so far.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:03 pm

Hound,

For Ireland, I think Conway has been the obvious standout while Macken has shown some promise but a lot of improvement is needed in some areas.

For England, Ford has looked so comfortable in the pocket guiding his side this way and that. I know opinion is divided on Wade but I like him along with Ransom in the back three. Alex Gray looks like the real deal while Henry Thomas is showing what he was doing for Sale.

Nizaam Carr for South Africa looks very good. Anscombe looks good at pivot for New Zealand.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Considered opinion is that Ford will be well in the reckoning for RWC 2015. Good shout. I've not seen much of NZ but they are always the team to beat at this level.

It's difficult to judge a lot of players in this competition because the schedule means serious squad rotation. For me England have not fired yet, Scotland have a set of backs that look light years more cohesive than the senior squad and Ireland continue to produce good young players who contest the breakdown and either win the ball or get a penalty.

As I said, I haven'r much of Wales or the other teams outside of England's group.

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:32 pm

Early birdie for Rory on the first. 9 shot lead

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

McIlroy birdies the first- come on Rory! Smile
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:33 pm

This might be an unfounded criticism so bear with me, it just what I've noticed. I've watched England in the past 4 championships and their back play always seems very robotic. It's good and successful but doesn't accentuate the individuals talents.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:34 pm

MBTGOG wrote:What book was Keanu Reeves signing?

Still want a rugby debate!

Munsty it might be this;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2011/jun/15/keanu-reeves-ode-to-happiness

Sorry for the non-rugby related post Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

Hound, they are nice hey. Ideally I'd like all three, but one will do.

Good start Rory. Wish I could watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Hound_of_Harrow Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:05 pm

I agree with that Munsty - England look a bit over coached in the backs. Then again, at all levels of the game, solid defence is to the fore, and the players are undoubtedley fitter. Perhaps it's a game plan, but I would rather see any team play what's in front of them.

That was a subject Penfro and I discussed while I was in Cardiff. Particularly the way the obsession wirh going through a certain number of phases before tryintg to strike is making Wsles predictable to play against.[center]

The_Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

He's -2 for the round so far Smile 4 holes down, 14 to go

G'wan Rory- ah he's in the sand now...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

New pub: https://www.606v2.com/t7520-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#198257

Maybe a tad early but I probs won't be around later when this one runs out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20