The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All The Updates Have Gone

+10
iamian01
Davie
B*W*F*C
East End Bodybuilder
skiper
Tianjing
djlovesyou
lfc91
skimpton
camerajuan
14 posters

Go down

All The Updates Have Gone Empty All The Updates Have Gone

Post by camerajuan Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:55 pm

I used to come on here every day, constantly updated by the breath of fresh air that is Lsabre, telling me about our athletes overseas & their performances.

They've all disappeared. Don't get any now.

Lsabre if you're reading this, I really enjoy & value your contributions both as a poster & a mod. Come back!

(disclaimer : This is solely my opinion. Nothing more. Any similarities to libellious slander ficticious or otherwise is purely coincidental)

camerajuan

https://www.youtube.com/user/pondguard22?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

All The Updates Have Gone Empty Re: All The Updates Have Gone

Post by skimpton Tue 21 Jun 2011, 1:56 pm

seconded,
lsabre please come back

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:38 pm

I wholeheartedly concur, while i dont pretend to know about what he was or wasnt doing in relation to deleting peoples comments, he was extremely informative and my main source of information concerning athletics across the globe. Will be sorely missed..

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:41 pm

I agree that Lsabre was very good in providing up to date information for this board. However as it stands it does not appear that he will be returning to these boards. The floor is now open for anyone else to provide updates if they wish to, as I agree that it was something very useful to have on this board.

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:45 pm

Honestly i do not have a clue where Lsabre got his information as I do search the web regurlarly for various results and often cant find them. Plus it would be an extremely time consuming job. However, whoever does decide to try and take up the mantle can i say thank you in advance. Smile

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:56 pm

rugbydreamer wrote: The floor is now open for anyone else to provide updates if they wish to, as I agree that it was something very useful to have on this board.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

lsabre never got involved in political talk yet he was bad-mouthed and labelled as a 'UKA golam' amongst many other things, simply for posting positive things (sometimes just things) about British athletes.

I'm certain whoever takes up the mantle will suffer the same fate.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 2:59 pm

Thank you for your comments DJ, they've been taken on board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 3:00 pm

I entirely disagree with what you have just claimed as I know diferently, but you are entitled to express your opinion without being attacked in any way for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tianjing Tue 21 Jun 2011, 5:27 pm

For those looking for result, there was no other channels than the usual sites like PO10

http://www.thepowerof10.info/

And on the IAAF website all the major meets are listed, with their meet website, which contains startlists and results on their websites.

Vincosports now provides Twitter feeds of results at the major domestic meets so they are a good website to check and usually post on Athletics Weekly when they will be covering an event.

Tianjing

Back to top Go down

All The Updates Have Gone Empty all the updates have gone

Post by skiper Tue 21 Jun 2011, 6:43 pm

i 100% agree with the previous posts with regards to isabres positive contributions to this forum and i would add positive encouragement to some of gb athletes.i am the father of one of gb's top ranked athletes and as such am familiar with the ups and downs of an athletes career.on becoming more interested in athletics as a result of my sons success i was looking for information /comment on athletics /performance etc..by means of searching the internet i have at various times viewed different forums on athletics .i have found that alot of the time they seem to be frequented /inhabited by some very cynical/bitter individuals, possibly this is because they have issues with the way they feel athletics has treated them in the past.i particularly find the negative comments with regards to some athletes performances,by so called coaches distasteful.i would suggest that their attitude has probably contributed to their failure to succeed as coaches/athletes at the highest level.when i first came across 606v2 i was impressed with the sensible and encouraging posting by isabre,his speed of posting of results is valued not only by me but lots of the athletes.he has good twitter contact with some of our best athletes and i know his positive messages both pre and post competiton are appreciated.i therefore would say please come back isabre.if you feel this is not possible please let us know where you will post in future.your contribution to athletics is not unnoticed.

skiper

Back to top Go down

Post by East End Bodybuilder Tue 21 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

Hello there Skiper,

I'm very interested in your post, you raise many pertinent points. As a non-contributor, but observer of the Athletics Weekly forum it has struck me that despite the fact that there's 1,300 - 1,400 forum members signed up, there's a marked lack of members involved at an elite level. Off the top of my head I can think of only 5 - athletes Greg Beard and Chris Hughff, coaches Nigel Bevan and Mike Winch, and agent Kermit (don't know his real name). I'm pretty sure that many are aware of the forum but stay away from it because of the attitude and behaviour of many of the posters, which you rightly bemoan yourself. If this 606v2 forum went down the same route and became pretty much like the others, with roughly the same membership and therefore the same atmosphere that would be a real shame. If we had a forum that was friendly and civilised, with a prevailing culture of empathy and encouragement towards our athletes instead of snide cynicism that we British are very good at then maybe people like your son/daughter might feel comfortable to start posting. I'd far rather see insightful comments from elite athletes on message boards than from enthusiastic amateurs like myself!

I'd like to add that I also appreciated Isabre's contribution to the forum, people need to reflect on the fact that most of the time his results-based posts were ahead of Athletics Weekly and the BBC, and included many meets not found on Po10 or IAAF websites. I know it must've taken a lot of time effort and energy, and will not be easily replicated.

East End Bodybuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

skiper and East End (and all posters on this thread actually Smile ),

Thank you very much for your comments Smile Might I assure you that we all want a friendly and civilised board here, and that it is the responsibility of both the moderation/Admin team as well as all the posters that use this board. This is all about mutual respect and ensuring that the proper complaints/disciplinary process is followed at all times, by everyone involved.

I would like to ask that if ever you see a post that you feel is breaking the site rules etc then please report it or use the alert the moderator thread. This forum can only be a success if we all work together here.

I understand where you're all coming from with talking about the loss of Lsabre's posts to do with meets and results etc. I myself used to read and enjoy them. It's something we all perhaps need to look at to see if we could make a joint effort between all of us to get results posted up. I obviously understand that this takes a lot of time and effort and not everyone will be able to help, it's just an idea I'm putting out there.

I really hope we can all work together to make this athletics forum something great, with good, healthy and respectful debate. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

O my I havent checked on here and a few days and its become 606 all over again, I never post normally on this forum just tend to check it to find out how our athletes are doing around the world. Lsabre and a few others kept this site going well and whilst I'd agree Lsabre was over protective of some of the brits he doesnt deserve half the rudey poo he got of flash* etc, Its pretty pathetic IMO. People saying you can find results on AW or Po10 dont realise that some people like uptodate results from all levels, whether it be international or local events.

Lsabre never purposely attacked anyone. It would be nie and democratic for you to shed light on why you felt it necessary to take away moderation from pretty much one of 5 or 6 people who ever regulary posted on this site.

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

BWFC - may I refer you to the last post by Hero on this thread? https://www.606v2.com/t6547p50-uka-announce-british-team-for-the-european-team-championships-in-stockholm

And I agree, I'm one of those people also who liked to get up to date results, so let's all try and work together to make this happen. This athletics board has such potential to be a great place to discuss athletics, I really hope with the help of everyone we can make that happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:44 pm

B*W*F*C wrote:Lsabre never purposely attacked anyone. It would be nie and democratic for you to shed light on why you felt it necessary to take away moderation from pretty much one of 5 or 6 people who ever regulary posted on this site.

No he never attacked anyone. He just deleted posts that didn't agree with his opinion (against site rules)

If you feel it to be your "democratic right" to know what happened, try reading some of the other threads. It is explained quite clearly that lsabre took the rules of the site into his own hands.

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

Didn't agree with his opinion?

You keep some type of storage of what was deleted? (not in with all this tech stuff)

Cos it would seem random to delete a couple posts he didnt agree with and then leave bunch more up? You sure none of these where insulting or possibly against site rules

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:52 pm

B*W*F*C wrote:Didn't agree with his opinion?

Correct, and by lsabre's own admission.

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:54 pm

Well apologies if he said that but im struggling to see which thread hes turned around and deleted someones opinion for it simply being an opinion?

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

B*W*F*C wrote:Didn't agree with his opinion?

You keep some type of storage of what was deleted? (not in with all this tech stuff)

Cos it would seem random to delete a couple posts he didnt agree with and then leave bunch more up? You sure none of these where insulting or possibly against site rules

B*W*F*C - the subject isn't open to debate. lsabre was asked by the admin staff to keep a record of the contents of all posts he deleted. He refused to do that. If you wish to persue the matter please take it up privately with any member of the admin or mod staff

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by iamian01 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:55 pm

all a bit melodramatic, cut off your nose to spite your face why not? #poorisabre

iamian01

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:00 pm

So he refused to elaborate on what was deleted or did he just fail to keep proper records? It seems to me this is rather OTT... not open for debate haha bit power mad you mods. I dont even think BBC would of gone this sensitive. Fair doos if he deleted personal opinions, then i dont agree with that but theres plenty of personal opinions that are against Lsabres own on the threads, so it just wouldnt seem necessary to delete a couple and leave the rest and i meanyou'd have to be pretty blinkered to miss the bitchyne55 of some of the posters tht strangely all appeared at the same time. But fair anough its your forum your rules your JUDGEMENT.......

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

What happened was that Lsabre first said (when he was elected moderator) that he wasn't going to tolerate political nonsense, everyone (including flash) agreed that this was an excellent idea. We all knew what has happened in the past and were trying to learn from that.

Flash posts a lot of political nonsense, lsabre deletes it, Flash gets upset, admins side with Flash, lsabre gets demoted.

It nothing to do with opinions at all. But the admins were upset that lsabre had his own rule. (no political garbage.)

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by iamian01 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

i don't know how you can sleep at night davie/yeoman. #poorisabre

iamian01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

lsabre was not following the correct moderation process DJ, as has been pointed out in other posts by the admin team, that's why he was demoted and for no other reason.

Please can we now either discuss this matter privately via PM, or just let it lie. The decision has been made. Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:07 pm

djlovesyou wrote: But the admins were upset that lsabre had his own rule.

Summed up perfectly. Go to the top of the class

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by B*W*F*C Tue 21 Jun 2011, 9:08 pm

O i can see why thats a bit of a tricky one for the admins but i mean its rid now, I'm gnna have to get like a twitter account etc just to keep uptodate with athletics now this forums pretty defunct from now on

B*W*F*C

Back to top Go down

Post by Just a runner Wed 22 Jun 2011, 8:10 am

Isabre did a great job of keeping this forum athletics and not politics based. It was and hopefully still will be athletics based.
My suggestion to all posters is not to engage/reply to any political discussion and the site will remain one for the fans and not like AD/SW/606

I don´t know what Isabre did, but he kept this forum away from the bile and hatred which others dive into once the words UKA are mentioned.
Sad to see him go as the updates were excellent.

Just a runner

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:57 am

Could Lsabre not just set up his own athletics forum where he could run things how he liked?

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by stunrunner Sat 25 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

I read this forum all the time but don't post, the main reason I come here is to keep up to date with performances. Lsabres updates were excellent and provided a useful distraction in work. I agree with the sentiments of those who think this site will be a much poorer, less informed place without him. Keep up the good work wherever you are plying your trade now Lsabre.

stunrunner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:29 pm

Ryan, pm for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Sat 25 Jun 2011, 9:55 pm

sorry i didnt realise that i cant refer other forums that have started up, sorry.

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:51 am

Having read Skiper's invaluable contribution and East End Bodybuilder follow up comment I am thinking to myself - bureacracy, delegation and democracy.

The Athletics section of 606v2 should belong to those interested in building this section up, contributing to it and making use of it.

Considering that Isabre was perhaps the most valuable resource in this section, and considering that it would appear that most users, contributers and lurkers were eminently happy with Isabre, it would seem that his demotion and lack of support was both undemocratic and hasty. I would suggest that administrators (who are generally doing a fantastic job) should reflect on matters of delegation and the "will of the section majorities".

I have noticed elsewhere a few good 606V2 members leave the board because of the administrator's lack of perception of particular individuals who are very well known within the sectional community for their under the skin excessive digs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:55 am

Nore, pm for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:29 am

Do you know when you guys say 'PM for you', do you say this because you think the recipient is too stupid to see the big box that appears on the screen and the fact it now says '1 new message', or is it because you want everyone else to see that this person has been a naughty boy and if they behave like that, they might receive the dreaded PM?

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggut Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:14 am

DJ. I suspect they say it becaus not everybody logs in to view the forum and if you dont lov in you dont see the pm box. Also the pms from the admin team arent always negative info.

On the Lsabre issue i suggest that everybody who would like him back on here send him a pm. His account is still live and he should therefore get an email to tell him one has been received.

Biggut

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 7:17 am

Yes, i've only received highly positive remarks from the admin team about advertising informative forums. oh... hohohoho...

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

DJ, not everyone has their profiles set so that they get a pop up notifying you of a pm. I have sent people a pm and its been sitting there for over a week because they have not read it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:35 pm

I'm not sure that sending Isabre PM's will work as I suspect the issue is one of acceptable accommodation within the board. However, it would be useful if through PM one found where he has gone.

I also did a little internet surfing last night and it would seem that there is an unpleasant and fairly transparent campaign against this particular individual by a small coterie of other individuals. This finding enables me to begin to understand some of the past comments made by dj and others.

Last edited by Nore Staat on Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanbailey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 2:15 pm

I think Isabre inbox is full. You'll have to call him or knock on his door or or send him a letter or email him or send him smoke signals.

ryanbailey

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 29 Jun 2011, 12:06 am

He's not banned. He just got removed as moderator.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down