The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with

4 posters

Go down

A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with Empty A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with

Post by Geordie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:44 pm

Ive had a little break from weights, and concentrated on body weight ex's. Having done it for around a month, i feel very strong and conditioned.

If anyone likes bodyweight stuff give it a shot.

3 x 10 Handstand Press ups
3 x Ten Pull ups (Wide / medium / Narrow grip)
3 x 20 Hindu Pressups
3 x 20 Pressups with legs raised (Wide grip / Normal / Diamond)
3 x 10 Dips
2 x 50 Hindu Squats
3 x Heavy Curls
3km Row
Ab work

Of course if you wanted to add fitness in....you could add some burpees etc...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with Empty Re: A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Jun 2011, 3:53 pm

Have you noticed much muscle growth, or has it been more toning?

I do like bodyweight exercises, and generally throw in dips and pull ups with my tricep and bicep splits respectively.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with Empty Re: A decent bodyweight routine you will feel stronger with

Post by Geordie Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:03 pm

Yeah i have seen some growth actually, but some serious conditioning (toning)

I have always preferred body weights to actual weights, and if i do weights its more the compound stuff like squats, deadlift, C&J etc....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 29 Jun 2011, 4:06 pm

See I'm more of an individual muscle group man. Don't actually do deadlifts, c&j etc, but do squats once per week as part of the legs routine.

Like I say though, I do like to try and incorporate bodyweight exercises though, as they are perfect for building lean muscle, whereas doing any serious weights can just give a bulky appearance.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:23 pm

If you have access to the weights I'd use them.........

Routine looks boring and at least with weights you can try to beat your best...

never been a fan of complicating things..

As for pullups never been a fan of wide grip pullups/chins they don't make you any wider but make you more prone to injury....Natural width grip will widen and thicken your lats.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

Feeling really strong is obviously relative, although I'd say this routine would definitely get you fit, if I were looking to loose weight or something then this would be a very good routine as ther are hundreds of reps to do.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:23 pm

I'd find it boring...lightsy If I'm honest...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:36 pm

Truss...you know me ...I'm not one for loads of reps and really if you wanted to tone up I'd actually recommend doing 50 to 75 lengths in the pool and be done with it....I'd say that there were just too many reps there to build any appreciable strength.... but I'm not going to actually test it out so I can't really say.....anyway as you've said do what works for you .......actually if Geordie is say 17/18 st like myself then he's one strong guy as there's 150 press ups to get through and that's after doing 30 chin ups.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:54 am

Im 16st. and 6 foot.

Ex rugby player so i have dealt with heavy weights in my time and would never stop using weights.

I just tried this for a change and found it very challenging.

You say you find it boring....but i find weights can be boring aswell.

Its nice to mix it up but each to their own.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:19 am

I've been intrigued by bodyweight workouts ever since seeing this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfsTKfUT-RQ

Some of the stuff he's doing is pretty incredible. His legs look like twigs though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:29 am

A.V if you want to see great strenght check out the "ghetto workout" on youtube.
A guy called Hannibal and his pals. Unreal strength..and unreal physiques.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

Yeah that's the one in the youtube link. Impressive stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by lightsout Thu 30 Jun 2011, 7:24 pm

Geordie, that's an impressive workout for your weight so more power to you.

lightsout

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

Cheers Lights,

I just like to mix it up...to keep the interest there.

Plus as a rugby player i had to keep a good strength aswell as strength endurance.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down