The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rock Tweets About CM Punk

+9
Ent
MetalMotty
liverbnz
sodhat
crippledtart
Kay Fabe
Mr H
Crimey
Jammy31
13 posters

Go down

The Rock Tweets About CM Punk Empty The Rock Tweets About CM Punk

Post by Jammy31 Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:15 pm

The Rock tweeted this about CM Punk 2 hours ago:

"CM Punk: it's simple business - The Rock is the main event at Wrestlemania cause it draws more money in one night, then u will in lifetime."

Is the Rock getting personal and could this be a clue to Punk actually leaving somehow?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

The Rock Tweets About CM Punk Empty Re: The Rock Tweets About CM Punk

Post by Crimey Wed 29 Jun 2011, 7:19 pm

Nah, I think all wrestlers associated with WWE are using Twitter to their advantage and any "insults" between the two are very unlikely to be anything other than promoting WWE.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:21 pm

Would love to see the WWE give Punk license to continue shooting live on air and for Punk to respond to this tweet! Something like 'Dwayne its not about the money its about respect, which is something you need to earn from me. You are not the most electrfying man in all of entertainment because guess what kids, the Tooth Fairy doesn't exist, just like Dwayne's chances of getting a good match out of John Cena'.

I find it intruiging how Punk, a regular tweeter, has been silent since Monday. Read into that what you will...

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

I read the WWE cancilled/closed his Twitter account, as he is still suspended I wouldn't expect him back on until he is reinstated, anyway, he has around 20 hours of plane time to make up so doubt he'd have much time to tweet

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:13 am

Also whats Rock's problem? He jealous he didn't make the epic promo? He is trying to belittle the performer instead of the character with a comment like that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:37 am

the-gaffer wrote:Also whats Rock's problem? He jealous he didn't make the epic promo? He is trying to belittle the performer instead of the character with a comment like that

I do agree that Rock should respond in character, rather than talking about who can draw the most money. Punk was in character on Monday, so for Rock to respond like this suggests he either doesn't get it, or he's insecure about what Punk said.

However, it does Punk no harm that a star on Rock's level is tweeting about him. Plus, after he called Rock an a$$ kisser, Rock had to come back with something.

I'm fine with it as long as Rock doesn't try to make a fool of him.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:41 am

Seems to me like there was an element of truth in Punk saying that Rock is an donkey-kisser -- I've been reading this morning that Rock when to Vince to try and get Orton in trouble before WM because of some comments he made about the Rock's return (not believing he was never leaving again, basically).

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 30 Jun 2011, 9:57 am

Is there an element of the Rock feeling guilty about leaving the WWE in all this? Or maybe he's a little insecure about how he will go down in history. As people have said, it's strange that he mentioned drawing power. Very defensive comment from the Rock.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 30 Jun 2011, 10:05 am

I think since he came back, he has taken more flak than he expected and he does seem very defensive when he is criticised. Perhaps its the Hollywood pampering softening him up...

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MetalMotty Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

Dunno if this was mentioned on the cena/ punk getting screwed thread but has anyone thought that it wont be vince who screws Cena or Punk out of the title/ being fired etc but the Rock?

Cena has been bashing the rock alot on twitter recently saying about how he said he will never leave but has only been on one show since Mania. etc

Now with punk mentioning it could this lead to a suprise visit from the Rock at MITB to either screw Cena and get him fired, or to screw Punk so he doesnt win the title and leaves.

This could lead to either a build up where Cena is fired and has more of a build up, getting rehired and having the match vs the Rock at Wrestlemania 28.

Or if Punk gets screwed lead to him wanting a new contract and proving why he is the best and he should be main eventing at Wrestlemania 28.

Thoughts?

MetalMotty

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Thu 30 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

The Rock has reasons for screwing both men really, but I'm not so sure how they would explain him chosing one over the other.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:33 pm

I do agree that Rock should respond in character, rather than talking about who can draw the most money. Punk was in character on Monday, so for Rock to respond like this suggests he either doesn't get it, or he's insecure about what Punk said.

It was punk who started talking about persons rather than characters in this exchange, besides that the lines of kayfabe and reality of late are constantly being blurred - this comment was fair game, lets see punks response.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

Ent wrote:

It was punk who started talking about persons rather than characters in this exchange, besides that the lines of kayfabe and reality of late are constantly being blurred - this comment was fair game, lets see punks response.

Punk didn't say anything on Monday night that exposed the business to the average casual viewer. He walked a very fine line and made some insinuations, but he didn't say anything that couldn't have been considered in-character and part of a wrestling storyline. He talked about people sucking up to the boss, but he never talked about the in-ring stuff being "fake". Everything he said fitted his bitter, paranoid heel character. He didn't reference booking decisions or anything like that, in fact I imagine a lot of viewers were thinking "how can you be the best in the ring when you lose so much?". His promo built up the match against Cena, and the personal and stylistic differences between the two. The ultimate intention was to make the most money possible for the company by promoting the Cena vs Punk match.

When Rock talks about drawing power, on the other hand, it has nothing to do with storylines. The casual viewer should want to see Rock vs Cena because they are "the best", not because it's the most lucrative match, even if it clearly is.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

Spot on crips

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 3:46 pm

Yeah I saw that, it wasn't in character and seemed to be rather personal. Quite suprising coming from a man who's been in the business a long long time.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

I'm surprised everyone thinks this is so personal, it is not the first time a wrestler has mentioned being a bigger star, selling out more arenas etc.

Punk got more personal suggesting Rock etc got to where they were by donkey kissing rather than on merit, despite Rocks multiple storyline feuds with McMahon and leaving on his own terms. Cena and Rock got very personal with each other in their feud.

I guess this is what happens when an internet darling is on the receiving end eh?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:30 pm

I don't see anything wrong with Rock's response. A wrestler alluding to a fight making more money is no different to a boxer doing it, and is not breaking Kayfabe any more than Punk calling him Dwayne

I think it adds a good bit of spice to the feud

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:41 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Rock's response. A wrestler alluding to a fight making more money is no different to a boxer doing it, and is not breaking Kayfabe any more than Punk calling him Dwayne

Exactly, I'm hoping this means there is a grand plan - adding in Punk to the cena/rock feud leaves a huge amount of venues and angles to go down.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:42 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I don't see anything wrong with Rock's response. A wrestler alluding to a fight making more money is no different to a boxer doing it, and is not breaking Kayfabe any more than Punk calling him Dwayne

yeah I suppose thats right, it does add a sense of realism to the whole angle and I think thats what we all like about this situation, the intensity and realism.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by oh mah gawd Thu 30 Jun 2011, 4:57 pm

Hi first time poster here,

Was thinking,what if the rock entered mitb and won then came out and helped cm punk win to get cena fired then cash in the mitb and become champ??!!double screw job.......how good would that be

oh mah gawd

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

Ent, I don't agree with what you're saying, it has nothing to do with Punk being an internet darling as far as I'm concerned. You have good arguments but I just personally don't agree with you. I also don't agree with Demon that the "Dwayne" comment and the Rock's tweet are comparable as far as breaking kayfabe.

But, like I said before, I don't have a problem with it. I think it does Punk more good than harm that a star on The Rock's level is tweeting about him. So it's definitely not something I'm concerned about!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Fri 01 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

Personally, i think it actually harm's The Rock. Fans would like to think he's coming back for the fans, not to rinse them of their hard earned cash.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down