The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rock/Punk Feud...

+4
MtotheC
crippledtart
Hero
gaffer_reborn
8 posters

Go down

Rock/Punk Feud... Empty Rock/Punk Feud...

Post by gaffer_reborn Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:21 am

For me this has been really disappointing

They have had no real build up to the match. I was hoping that it would start after the TLC PPV but we had to wait about 3 weeks before they got all the awful xmas/new year Raw's out of the way which as a result has left no real time to build the rivalry.

So I didn't really buy in to punk charging rock in anger on Raw, whats he got to be so angry at him about? calling him cookiepuss?

I'm hopeful we will get an intense promo between the 2 of them on Raw this week but for me, on the whole it has been a bit of a let down.

Thoughts?

gaffer_reborn

Back to top Go down

Rock/Punk Feud... Empty Re: Rock/Punk Feud...

Post by Hero Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:49 am

I agree tbh.

The first week Punk blew Rock out of the water, sure before the Rock turned up then Punk's pipe bomb v2 was a little too much of toothpaste out of the tube but when the Rock interrupted there was only one winner. Punk delivered intensity, Rock delivered attempted trends.
This week though it came across to me that WWE realised Punk was ahead on points and didn't even let them mic duel for fear of Punk getting further ahead so had him mic-less whilst the Rock basically spoilt the result of their match at the Rumble by playing the 'swear on God' card.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:00 am

I agree that it feels like the buildup needs 2-3 more weeks, but the difficulty they had is that they couldn't really build it up much until they'd got Punk-Ryback out of the way. They should have scrapped the TLC match completely and started the Rumble build earlier instead of having two throwaway episodes of Raw at Christmas and new year.

I realise it would have made little sense to get Rock in for those two episodes, but it would have made complete sense to have Punk cut a couple of killer promos and 'send Rock a message' by viciously beating someone up (Mick Foley would have been perfect for this role). They could then have some footage to show before Rock even returned, giving the impression that the storyline already had a couple of weeks' traction before The Rock even showed up.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:25 am

You nailed it hero when the uber face swear to god he wins, would be surprised to see anything else than a rock win at the rumble now.

In terms of the build up though I have to disagree, I'm on the hook big time with this one, sure 3-4 weeks of build up would have been good but the two segments between the two have been excellent and achieved the 'leave them wanting more' factor. Less can sometimes be more and there's a real big fight element to this match which wouldnt have worked as well if the two had been embroiled in a back and forth for a month or so.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Sun 20 Jan 2013, 9:29 am

To be fair, I think they have a great chemistry and I like the buildup so far. It hasn't been perfect but it's not been bad at all.

However, I do think it could have done with a couple more weeks.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 20 Jan 2013, 11:57 am

They are making the title seem important again though. Ryback seemed to care more about beating Punk up than winning the big one. I hope Punk retains but I can see a triple threat match occuring at WM with Cena winning the rumble and rock holding the title at WM and Punk invoking a rematch clause.

Don't think the rock concert was needed, another head to head promo would have been ideal

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:12 pm

The difference between this feud and most others is that they have been building it on Smackdown too, which adds a different element and some weight to it. Punk and Rock were both brilliant on last week's show, although I havent watched this week's yet as they were advertising a second Rock Concert and I couldnt be bothered to sit through it.

I think the problem with another two weeks would have been the fact they were never gonna have Rock in the ring, so they would still be talking every week. 5 weeks drags a bit. I really think they should have thrown out a Rock n Sock tag match last week to get some ring time for Rock and a chance for Punk to run in and screw him over.

Chops is right though, its good to see the title as important as it has been lately, even if it is mainly just cos The Rock will hold it

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Sun 20 Jan 2013, 1:15 pm

its been good.

nothing pleases you lot does it lol

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:23 pm

Chris, I thought they were advertising a second Rock Concert too...but it was just a repeat of the one on Raw. Neither Rock or Punk were on Smackdown other than that repeat.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 20 Jan 2013, 6:33 pm

I'm not sure if thats worse or better.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down