The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will Punk feud with after Jericho?

+5
VDT
psycho-gooner
NickisBHAFC
Hero
Dx Dan.
9 posters

Go down

Who will Punk feud with after Jericho? Empty Who will Punk feud with after Jericho?

Post by Dx Dan. Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:40 pm

Bored on a sunday and the idea just popped into my head so thought I'd make an article on it.
For me Punk is a lock on to go over Jericho at Mania, and then probably retain against him again at Extreme Rules and maybe even Over The Limit as well. Punk WILL keep hold of the title, no need to give Jericho a weak reign, I think Punk will personally keep the title until at least Summerslam. But like my title states, who will he feud with after Jericho and building up to Summerslam?

Alberto Del Rio - already been well over done and was a incredibly boring feud, definite no.

The Miz - feuded a little bit around TLC but has been booked terribly since and would is a bit too similar to Jericho to do straight after.

Dolph Ziggler - don't think Dolph is ready just yet, I like the way they are building him nice and slowly, his little feud with Punk going into the Rumble was all about Punk and JL. Although the matches are brilliant, I don't think it's interesting enough storyline wise yet, Punk needs someone bigger, better and fresher to go over.

Triple H - would love for Trips to turn heel at Mania after losing to Taker and destroying him after the match. Punk going over him in the main event of Summerslam would be almost perfect if booked right, what would be even more entertaining would be for Trips to destroy Punk and use his power to take the title off him at a nothing PPV like Over The Limit, to be dominant for a few months for Punk to eventually take the title back at Summerslam. I really am just thinking out loud here, I don't think Trips will wrestle much at all this year.

John Cena - same as above really, would only work if Cena turned heel at Mania, I can see him having a rematch with The Rock at Summerslam though.

Christian - this one I could actually see, have him come over to Raw in the draft and go straight for the title, would be a bit predictable in the sense that it would be obvious that Punk would win every match they'd have, but the build up and matches would be almost Punk/Jericho standard.

Daniel Bryan - they seem to have been hinting at this lately with a few matches on Raw and Smackdown, personally I think they were a waste and their first ever match in the WWE against eachother should have been delayed until a proper feud against PPV's eachother, would have been a great selling point. This is a definite possibility for me and given their history and how could the match would be, definitely enough to main event Summerslam.

Wade Barrett - my personal pick as the most realistic option for Punks next title feud. Have him come back at Extreme Rules/Over The Limit and completely destroy Punk after a success title defence against Jericho, thus ending their feud. Would be a great way for the PPV to go off air. Have Barrett come out the next night on Raw saying how Punk nearly ruined his career when he stole Nexus from him and it's now time for revenge, JL has brought him to Raw and promised him a title shot at the next PPV. The mic work between these two would be quality, and I feel Punk works better with a bigger opponent as it makes him a little bit more like the underdog and to have him physically destroyed would make a nice change to Punks title reign as it hasn't really happened too much as far. If done correctly, Barrett is the perfect opponent for Punk to drop the title to.

They're just a few options I felt like covering, feel free to add your own.
Who would you like to see as Punks next long term feud?
Who do you think will be Punks long term feud?
Can you see Jericho holding the title at all in this feud?
If not, who will be the next WWE Champion?

Thanks for reading.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Who will Punk feud with after Jericho? Empty Re: Who will Punk feud with after Jericho?

Post by Hero Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Barrett I can certainly see once he returns from injury going into a feud with Punk, though after their recent matches I'd like to see Bryan v Punk at a PPV.
I'm hoping though that within the next year Dean Ambrose moves onto the roster from FCW and goes into a feud with Punk as leader of an Indy based faction of him, Tyler Black, Chris Hero and Claudio Catagnoli.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Who will Punk feud with after Jericho? Empty Re: Who will Punk feud with after Jericho?

Post by Dx Dan. Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:01 pm

I know Dean Ambrose is a natural heel, but the other 3 Tyler Black, Chris Hero and Claudio Catagnoli, I'd like to see come in as mid card faces as thats where the 'E really lacks at the moment. There are too many up and coming heels and not enough decent faces.

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 pm

I can see Punk and Jericho feuding right up until, Jericho's exit which i believe is late Aprill early May. After that im hoping he will feud with The Miz.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Sun Mar 18, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh how i'd love to see him feud with The Rock

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 pm

Quite surprised Punk and Jericho are not the tag champions!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 pm

VDT wrote:Quite surprised Punk and Jericho are not the tag champions!

If Teddy Long had his way.....

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Fitting his last match will be tag team match, playas!

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by A Fine Folk. Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 am

Barrett and Bryan are good shouts even though they both consist on the Smackdown brand at this moment in time.
The first three are defiant no no's for me.

A Fine Folk.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:38 pm

After watching Smackdown and seeing Christian get promised a World Title shot by John Laurinaitis if Team Johnny beats Team Teddy, It's either going to be Sheamus v Christian, or Punk v Christian. Probably Sheamus, but I wouldn't mind a Punk v Christian feud at all.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Christian to win the title at Mania

Christian has been promised a title shot if his team wins, and after punk retains against Jericho, John Lauranitis will come out and make the match official there and then and screw punk out of leaving Mania still champ, it gives punk a new rivalry while also continuing his recent run ins with Lauranitis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down