The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pre season training

+4
mckay1402
yappysnap
robbo277
RDW
8 posters

Go down

Pre season training Empty Pre season training

Post by RDW Fri 1 Jul - 7:32

How's everyone's pre season trainings getting on? I am in significant pain already and I've only been to two!

Any horror stories of significant beastings or nasty sessions??

We had boxing coaches down last night and spent the entire sessions doing boxing and some horrendous core exercises - I can't move today!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Pre season training Empty Re: Pre season training

Post by robbo277 Fri 1 Jul - 13:23

Got my first session on Tuesday, but I've played a little league to keep my fitness up. Really looking forward to getting back out there, I didn't want my season to end last year, but we'll see if I'm still saying that on Wednesday!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 1 Jul - 16:38

Robbo what position do you play?

By the end of last season I was dead on my feet, needed the off season to recover. Still just got back to training this week and it's going well, although far too hot for running around for 40 mins. I must have lost about half a stone in sweat.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Pre season training Empty Pre season training starts Tuesday

Post by mckay1402 Fri 1 Jul - 16:41

And I am bricking it. Haven't done anything since Christmas...gonna have to sweat it all out. Anyone looking forward to it?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Fri 1 Jul - 16:44

I don't go back to training for a while yet, but I am dreading it. my back started aching just sweeping earlier, hopefully I'll survive scrums this season.

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 1 Jul - 16:45

I totally did not see this before I put a very similar thread up. Will delete mine. I've got my first session on Tuesday and I haven't done anything since christmas. not looking forward to the first month...need to lose about 2 stone as well...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 1 Jul - 16:46

Ha I play in the front row as well. can't say I'm looking forward to scrum practise on our ancient machine either.

sweeping can be quite strenuous...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Fri 1 Jul - 17:14

Yappy

I play prop in Union. I just broke into the first team last season, so I was rotating in and out of the team and therefore wasn't playing 80 minutes each week. Had a couple of off-weeks every now and again towards the end of the season because we weren't in the cup, so I was still realtively fresh.

In League I play anywhere. I've played prop, second row, loose-forward and centre in the two games I've played this season! Playing again tomorrow.

mckay

I'll take your 2 stone, I need to bulk up a little bit! Good luck with your first session back, hope it's not too painful!

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 1 Jul - 17:18

I decided to find a club abroad that is playing in out off season, found a club in Sweden. Being a student, i'm quite lucky that i've got the freedom to do this. So i should hopfully come back in to our season back home match fit.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 1 Jul - 17:38

mckay1402 wrote:I totally did not see this before I put a very similar thread up. Will delete mine. I've got my first session on Tuesday and I haven't done anything since christmas. not looking forward to the first month...need to lose about 2 stone as well...

I've merged the two Smile
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri 1 Jul - 21:02

thanks kiwi

robbo you're more than welcome to it...if they could find a way to transfer it I'd be first in the queue...would have to catch my breath when I got there though..
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 1 Jul - 21:18

It's at times like this that I am glad that I am past it and don't have the purgatory of pre-season to do. At the end of every season, I swore to myself that I would play touch, go running etc but always ended up vegging out and doing hee-haw.
The worst part about our pre-season (aprt from the very strong smell of sweat within 100m of us) was that we used to train near trees and fields with long grass. The flies were everywhere and I lost count of the number of flies I swallowed as I was draggimg myself round the pitches, mouth wide open trying to get some air into my lungs.
So, come on, guys. Get your fingers out and show soem willing. I'll be leaning agianst the bar passinmg on words of encouragement.

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down