The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali

+16
hogey
rycoys
Dass
bellchees
oxring
manos de piedra
armchairwarrior
OasisBFC
Big Paul
Duncan
Knowsit17
JACKMAGIC
lightsout
Strongback
captain carrantuohil
Fists of Fury
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali - Page 2 Empty Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali

Post by Guest Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

There has been some talk of a possible rematch or even a fight against Vitali - I say NOOOOOOOOOOOO

I repeat, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Let me be clear; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not in a million month of sundays,

Not until all of hell has frozen over, and even then, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not if every pig in every pig farm, as well as all the wild boars in the world, sprouted wings and flew over a blue moon, each day until the end of time, should there ever be such a non-contest.

It would be a crime against humanity for the paying public to be subjected to this circus yet again.

A knight needs to earn his spurs.

Haye did not even deserve a fight against Wlad, it was only his big mouth and insufferable antics which conned the boxing public into thinking it would be a viable contest.

He has been shown up up to be a complete charlatan - every bit as delusional as Fraudley 'A-Farce' Harrison, albeit at least Harrison comes across as deluded but nice.

Haye claimed that he would breathe life into the HW division - he still asserts that his putrid challenge did just that.

What nerve the man has!

He said he would KTFO Wlad, yet he spent most of the night crawling around on the floor.

And now, he is still has the gall to make excuse after excuse: my little toe hurt (boo hoo), the crowd pushed me (they should have punched you), the Klitchko's played mind games in the build up (let's all have a group cry).

He tried every measley, weasley little mind game he could think of to take Wlad out of his comfort zone, and then has the audacity to blame the brother's for the same!

But he FAILED. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaallelujaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

He does not deserve another big payday,

For too long these gangsters and fraudsters have been milking us for our hard earned cash.

In any case, Vitali wouldn't be as gentlemanly as his brother.

emancipator - hell hath no fury like a boxing fan scorned

furious

Back to top Go down

Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali

Post by coxy0001 Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Colonial

Didn't say i thought Haye would try to outbox Wlad but rather get him going backwards then swarm.

And i don't think Haye went into survival mode as his punch output was low throughout, if he'd been able to get into 2nd or 3rd waves it'd have naturally increased his output. Fact is he just couldn't get going into said waves and didn't have a way past Wlads jab other than to lunge in from miles hoping one would connect and that he'd get him going backwards.

I give credit for Wlad having a punishing jab and not alot more to be honest, if he'd been more adventurous he could've knocked Haye out. The blame doesn't lay on Haye being negative as he did eat a huge portion of the jabs Wlad through which suggests, to me at least, he was within range for other punches.

Got an inkling he won't retire and will want one more crack, he'll have to set it up by beating up someone like Arreola though and that's no easy feat as he's got big heavy (and heavy everything) hands and a massive weight advantage.

Still think a fighter with Haye's style who goes for broke inside 4 stops Wlad, for me the way to negate his personal jab is to rush and rush with lots of punches as he throws jack off the backfoot. But as Haye learnt getting him to go backwards and keep him off balance is much, much easier said than done.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye does not deserve a fight with Vitali

Post by Colonial Lion Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:01 pm

The key moment for me was the third round when Haye did actually have some success in getting to Wlad. He landed a couple of of decent shots but Wlad just came straight back to force onto the backfoot again. After that I genuinely believe Haye though "I cant win this" and decided he was just going to try avoid as much punishment as he could. In his mind he had the toe excuse and felt if he could last the distance then it would lend some credibility to it as a reason.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:10 pm

A fighter can go for broke at any time in a fight so for that reason I prefer to see a more balanced plan first and if that fails then you can just go in swinging and throw caution to the wind (easier said than done though against a powerful heavyweight).

I think the plan of trying to counter Wlad onto a KO punch is not neccessarily a bad one - although I agree its limited. The key is trying to get range with Wlad. Regardless of whether you want to counter him, pressure him, outbox him or whatever else you have got to be able find range to land effectively. In the past heavies have been criticised for not having the speed to do this, so the fact that Haye at least in theory had it but Wlad still controlled the fight so easily suggests its complicated.

I put this down to Wlad having a quality jab and much underrated speed and footwork for a guy his size. Really its no good being too far away as you cant land and Wlads jab wil win the day and its no good being too close because Wlad will just wrap you up and manhandle you - which Haye was terrified of. Finding a medium range in which to get your own punches off is clearly extremelly tough against Wlad.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2