The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales

+5
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
jumpernumber4
nottins_jones
mckay1402
Steffan
9 posters

Go down

Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales Empty Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales

Post by Steffan Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:06 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/14059590.stm

Its pretty disgusting in my opinion

Surley having 2 class players in the Welsh setup would help us be more competitive and spread the word

Money talks I guess........

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales Empty Re: Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales

Post by mckay1402 Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:42 pm

well they are half English. i know that if I had the choice between playing for Wales or Scotland it would be a tough decision...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales Empty Re: Ben and Rhys Evans opt for England over Wales

Post by nottins_jones Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:09 pm

Thanks, I've been wondering the past few weeks what happened to the two Brdigend brothers who switched to Rugby League and England because apparently they weren't getting picked up(maybe they weren't good enough for Union?) because I seen it on Scrum V a couple years ago. Traitors the pair of them, instead of fighting for it the hard way they go to where the money is. Good riddance.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jumpernumber4 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:28 pm

In fairness to them, they have are half english and an english club has nurtured them, so perhaps they are rewarding the faith that the English system put in them.
Rhys Evans is a very good prospect, there are some excellent young English backs coming through SL at the moment, part of me would like to ship them all off to the NRL for a couple of years though

jumpernumber4

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:34 pm

jumpernumber4 wrote:In fairness to them, they have are half english and an english club has nurtured them, so perhaps they are rewarding the faith that the English system put in them.
Rhys Evans is a very good prospect, there are some excellent young English backs coming through SL at the moment, part of me would like to ship them all off to the NRL for a couple of years though

I think you're underestimating Brynteg Comprehensive pal.....and are they half english or do they just have an English mother?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:52 am

nottins_jones wrote:

... are they half english or do they just have an English mother?

True, because by definition having an English mother would make them at least half English Whistle
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by BicesterWarrior Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:46 am

Bring back GB and avoid all of this perhaps? idea

BicesterWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Kiwireddevil wrote:
nottins_jones wrote:

... are they half english or do they just have an English mother?

True, because by definition having an English mother would make them at least half English Whistle

Next you'll be telling us Jonah Lomu and every other player you've nicked from your pacific neighbours ARE Kiwi's! laughing
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:35 pm

yeah but having an English mother does make them half English...or am I missing something?
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 pm

BicesterWarrior wrote:Bring back GB and avoid all of this perhaps? idea

Good shout that.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:11 pm

nottins_jones wrote:Thanks, I've been wondering the past few weeks what happened to the two Brdigend brothers who switched to Rugby League and England because apparently they weren't getting picked up(maybe they weren't good enough for Union?) because I seen it on Scrum V a couple years ago. Traitors the pair of them, instead of fighting for it the hard way they go to where the money is. Good riddance.

English union is a good example about players who couldn't make it into their National sides and then declare they want to play for England. A 3rd of the 45 man squad that MJ recently selected for his world cup squad were born overseas. The England Cricket team as well is also loaded with overseas born players, mainly South Africans in this case.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 pm

What about the Wales Rugby League team?
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:21 pm

nottins_jones wrote:What about the Wales Rugby League team?

About as many non welshmen as the England union team has as many non Englishmen Laugh

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:34 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:
English union is a good example about players who couldn't make it into their National sides and then declare they want to play for England. A 3rd of the 45 man squad that MJ recently selected for his world cup squad were born overseas.

So, which of these supposed 1/3 of the 45 man squad couldn't make it into their National sides ? I'm really looking forward to seeing the list.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:59 pm

nottins wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:
English union is a good example about players who couldn't make it into their National sides and then declare they want to play for England. A 3rd of the 45 man squad that MJ recently selected for his world cup squad were born overseas.

So, which of these supposed 1/3 of the 45 man squad couldn't make it into their National sides ? I'm really looking forward to seeing the list.
Dylan Hartley, Hendrie Fourie, Rike Flutey, Shontayne Hape, Mouritz Botha, Matt Stevens, Joe Simpson, has that for starters OK
Now stop being a wum and stick to the union board.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 pm

[quote="George Hotel1895"]Dylan Hartley, Hendrie Fourie, Rike Flutey, Shontayne Hape, Mouritz Botha, Matt Stevens, Joe Simpson, has that for starters OK

"Has that for starters" laughing

Dylan Hartley has an English parent as does Matt Stevens and Joe Simpson. Flutey has an English grandparent. Perhaps you'd like to start again ? Also, who's Reke Flutey ?

George Hotel1895 wrote:Now stop being a wum and stick to the union board.

You're the one being the WUM with your inaccurate comments. There is no "union board" on here. I will however post on any sport I so wish.
OK

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:55 pm

[quote="nottins"]
George Hotel1895 wrote:Dylan Hartley, Hendrie Fourie, Rike Flutey, Shontayne Hape, Mouritz Botha, Matt Stevens, Joe Simpson, has that for starters OK

"Has that for starters" laughing

Dylan Hartley has an English parent as does Matt Stevens and Joe Simpson. Flutey has an English grandparent. Perhaps you'd like to start again ? Also, who's Reke Flutey ?

George Hotel1895 wrote:Now stop being a wum and stick to the union board.

You're the one being the WUM with your inaccurate comments. There is no "union board" on here. I will however post on any sport I so wish.
OK
The Evans brothers have an english mother, or have you forgotten? Flutey has an English grandparent, sure he does Doh Now is Dylan Hartley good enough to play for NZ? is Matt Stevens good enough to play for South Africa?is Hendrie Fourie good enough to play for South Africa?
I won't go on as you know their not thats why their playing for England. Its obvious to me and many others, that when you are not good enough to play for the country of your birth like these players you look for a 2nd tier nation like England. Good luck to them i say, but in their own countries they will be mocked for playing internationals for a 2nd tier union nation instead of trying a bit harder and play for their home countries.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:49 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:Flutey has an English grandparent, sure he does

Yes he does. OK

George Hotel1895 wrote:Now is Dylan Hartley good enough to play for NZ? is Matt Stevens good enough to play for South Africa?is Hendrie Fourie good enough to play for South Africa?

Perhaps you should ask the coaches of NZ and SA.

George Hotel1895 wrote:I won't go on as you know their not thats why their playing for England.
😆What ?

George Hotel1895 wrote:Its obvious to me and many others, that when you are not good enough to play for the country of your birth like these players you look for a 2nd tier nation like England. Good luck to them i say, but in their own countries they will be mocked for playing internationals for a 2nd tier union nation instead of trying a bit harder and play for their home countries.

Who are these many others ? Or did you just make it up ? I thought so. Dylan came to England at the age of 14, do you really think as a 14 year that he was told he wasn't good enough to play for NZ ? 🤦

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 am

nottins wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:Flutey has an English grandparent, sure he does

Yes he does. OK

George Hotel1895 wrote:Now is Dylan Hartley good enough to play for NZ? is Matt Stevens good enough to play for South Africa?is Hendrie Fourie good enough to play for South Africa?

Perhaps you should ask the coaches of NZ and SA.

George Hotel1895 wrote:I won't go on as you know their not thats why their playing for England.
😆What ?

George Hotel1895 wrote:Its obvious to me and many others, that when you are not good enough to play for the country of your birth like these players you look for a 2nd tier nation like England. Good luck to them i say, but in their own countries they will be mocked for playing internationals for a 2nd tier union nation instead of trying a bit harder and play for their home countries.

Who are these many others ? Or did you just make it up ? I thought so. Dylan came to England at the age of 14, do you really think as a 14 year that he was told he wasn't good enough to play for NZ ? 🤦
Nottins you would be laughed out of any union ground in the country if you said Shontayne Hape, Riki Flutey and Dylan Hartley were good enough to play for the ABs. Do you honestly think that these players would have choosen England over the ABs if they had the chance to play for the ABs, of course they wouldn't. Now jog off back to the union board before i embarrass you even more.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins_jones Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:55 pm

"Who are these many others ? Or did you just make it up ? I thought so. Dylan came to England at the age of 14, do you really think as a 14 year that he was told he wasn't good enough to play for NZ ?"

No nottins. I expect he was told as a 16 year old that he wasn't good enough to play for NZ because that's about the time he packed his bags and hopped onto a NZ Airways Jet bound for England.
nottins_jones
nottins_jones

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:50 pm

George please stop making thinks up, I never said any of those players were good enough to p[lay for NZ, what I ACTUALLY said was that Hartley was not told when he was 14 that he would not play for NZ. Do you have evidence to prove he was ? I thought not.

I won't be jogging off anywhere thanks and I will post on whatever subject I want on this board, thanks, you don't have any say in it. OK

You may also want to note there is only one board, but many forums OK

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:47 pm

nottins wrote:George please stop making thinks up, I never said any of those players were good enough to p[lay for NZ, what I ACTUALLY said was that Hartley was not told when he was 14 that he would not play for NZ. Do you have evidence to prove he was ? I thought not.

I won't be jogging off anywhere thanks and I will post on whatever subject I want on this board, thanks, you don't have any say in it. OK

You may also want to note there is only one board, but many forums OK

So you agree with me then that the players i mentioned are playing for England as they are not good enough to play for the countries of their births. Well thats game set and match to me then OK

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:09 pm

George Hotel1895 wrote:

So you agree with me then that the players i mentioned are playing for England as they are not good enough to play for the countries of their births

No.

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:36 pm

nottins wrote:
George Hotel1895 wrote:

So you agree with me then that the players i mentioned are playing for England as they are not good enough to play for the countries of their births

No.
So you think that they are good enough to play for the countries of their birth Laugh Laugh

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down