The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pacquiao Take The Test!

+9
Sugar Boy Sweetie
eddyfightfan
JDandfries
TRUSSMAN66
Michaels, Sean
Lumbering_Jack
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
The genius of PBF
13 posters

Go down

Pacquiao Take The Test! Empty Pacquiao Take The Test!

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:58 am

http://www.fighthype.com/pages/content10259.html?PHPSESSID=ac7a410f283c3b0e68260cbe138e95b4

Must read interview to clear up the issue

Michael Koncz clearly states that team Pacquiao has not agreed to random drug testing and wants 5 or 7 days cut off that is not RANDOM.

He even mentions the fear of needles again

Let me know your thoughts

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Pacquiao Take The Test! Empty Re: Pacquiao Take The Test!

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:59 am

There are no must read interviews on this subject. Trust me.

Adios.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

Was this really necessary? I'd ask all members to maybe think twice before responding and allowing this to descend into the usual nonsense.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

Scottrf wrote:There are no must read interviews on this subject. Trust me.

Adios.

Some people still make out he agreed to the testing when he clearly didn't...thats why I am saying must read.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:01 am

You are boring and repetitive.

However, Manny, in my opinion, is ducking Floyd. Random is random, not 5/7 days.

Team Manny a liars. They have stated than Manny is afraid of needles, then he is not they just me him weak by losing blood.

They should really come out with the same story.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:02 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Was this really necessary? I'd ask all members to maybe think twice before responding and allowing this to descend into the usual nonsense.

Are we not allowed to debate the top fighters of this era then?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:05 am

[quote="The genius of PBF"]
Fists of Fury wrote:

Are we not allowed to debate the top fighters of this era then?

I couldn't see any mention of Marty Rogan or Audley Harrison in this thread.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:16 am

Doesn't matter if he does take the test now does it!!!

Look at all the guys winning natural bodybuilding competitions...they are all mainly former users....

Damage is done if he ever took them.......

Already bulked up hasn't he!!

That horse has left the stable..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Was this really necessary? I'd ask all members to maybe think twice before responding and allowing this to descend into the usual nonsense.

Is it your sole job to attempt to belittle anyone who writes an article? 🤦

Last edited by JDandfries on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

5-7 days? why does that matter if they get tested directly after the fight?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

JDandfries wrote:

Is it your sole job to attempt to belittle anyone who writes an article?

There have been several articles on this subject, the majority of which have been locked due to absolute nonsense.
It was just a friendly warning from Fists, and had he not got in first, I would have said the same thing.

Last edited by Y I Man on Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

Hardky what I would describe as friendly

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:37 am

remember we dont need to tip toe around this subject anymore with fear of falling into a shambolic pacman tribute page. dont see a problem discussing this in detail.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:38 am

To be fair the reason for all the nonsense on other threads was D4 and his blinkered insanity on this topic. Since he's left the subject has hardly been touched upon, and even when it has it's been sensible.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:39 am

snap

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:43 am

JDandfries wrote:

JD, don't start with the again please, I was speaking on behalf of myself and probably 99% of the members when saying that. We have had to endure, months, no years, of this subject both here and on the old 606, and I can safely say that it is 100% guaranteed to descend into chaos, with fans of both fighters throwing every cheap shot they can to try and belittle the other. It has become more than tedious, and there is absolutely nothing new to report on the subject that hasn't been done before. If and when a fight gets announced then sure, discuss it, but for now I see very little that can be discussed that hasn't been dragged through the mud several times before.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Thu 07 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Konzc said on the manny marg 360 show that manny has never agreed to full random testing, with 7 days being the lowest they've come down to.

I detest Konzc, he's a vile creep, he's a sycophant, a leech and ultimately just another mans gopher - how can he look himself in the mirror and call himself a man? He can't.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

OK, so out of interest and not being the expert many people here obviously are, what could he possibly take 5-7 days before getting in the ring that would make any difference and not be in his urine after the fight?

Surely if there was anything that was going to help him he'd have stopped taking it 5-7 days before the fight so it didn't show up afterwards.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:22 am

I don't see the problem in debating the same topic now and then. Like it or not there are gonna be very few completely original threads and things are gonna get repeated. Fair enough if it does descend into drivel come in and sort it out but seems a bit much asking ppl to think before they speak before a debate even starts. Surely modings about moderating things that have been written rather than jumping in with a pre-emptive wum preventing strike straight away.

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

That is usually the case, paperbag, but I can assure you I probably have the backing of most members when I ask for this thread not to descend into the usual drivel before it even begins.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Fists of Fury wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

JD, don't start with the again please, I was speaking on behalf of myself and probably 99% of the members when saying that. We have had to endure, months, no years, of this subject both here and on the old 606, and I can safely say that it is 100% guaranteed to descend into chaos, with fans of both fighters throwing every cheap shot they can to try and belittle the other. It has become more than tedious, and there is absolutely nothing new to report on the subject that hasn't been done before. If and when a fight gets announced then sure, discuss it, but for now I see very little that can be discussed that hasn't been dragged through the mud several times before.

So lock the thread then??

or was it just an excuse for you to try and be little someone??

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

huw wrote:OK, so out of interest and not being the expert many people here obviously are, what could he possibly take 5-7 days before getting in the ring that would make any difference and not be in his urine after the fight?

Surely if there was anything that was going to help him he'd have stopped taking it 5-7 days before the fight so it didn't show up afterwards.

Simple explanation is why do athletes do 24/7 testing? Pretty sure you get tested if you win a medal (in athletics) and some like Bolt got tested numerous times through the qualifying rounds etc.

Anyway, same boring subject i really can't be arrissed to go into again.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

JDandfries wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:
JDandfries wrote:

So lock the thread then??

or was it just an excuse for you to try and be little someone??
belittle*

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:26 am

Look at the testing in the tour de france for your answer Huw, one day they past the test then the next they fail and then magically past it the day after, some drugs can get flushed out of the system very very quickly

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbag_puncher Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:37 am

Thats fair enough Fists. I know this topic is a completely different animal to any other...

paperbag_puncher

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Look at the testing in the tour de france for your answer Huw, one day they past the test then the next they fail and then magically past it the day after, some drugs can get flushed out of the system very very quickly

OK, but what could someone take 7 days before a fight that would make a difference?

Surely if you were to take something throughout the training and then stop 7 days before it would make a difference (and be out of your system after the fight) but 7 days before the fight when the training is running down?

I know very little about PED's except for steroids which being in the gym a lot myself you see a lot of (have never taken them, Winkle is small enough already!).

Obviously all sports are different but I don't see a real connection between cycling / athletics and boxing.

Just wondering what type of PED's could be taken in this time that would make a difference and then I'll do a little homework and make my own mind up.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 10:39 am

belittle....

Should have gone to public school..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:00 am

OK, but what could someone take 7 days before a fight that would make a difference?

Case study:

Ben Johnson being pumped full to the hilt.

Why did he take all the things he did if there was no point to it?

And in that dopers are very, very smart in todays day and age and the drugs flash through the system that much quicker then that hopefully provides you an answer.

And the connection is that they improve you. Improve is a big whole wide ranging term, but that is the overall connection.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:04 am

Testosterone levels vary from day to day and as the tour de france has shown these things exit the body very quickly so a 7 day period can make a huge difference when you know when it is.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 07 Jul 2011, 11:25 am

coxy0001 wrote:

Case study:

Ben Johnson being pumped full to the hilt.

Why did he take all the things he did if there was no point to it?

And in that dopers are very, very smart in todays day and age and the drugs flash through the system that much quicker then that hopefully provides you an answer.

And the connection is that they improve you. Improve is a big whole wide ranging term, but that is the overall connection.

Coxy, I'm not saying there isn't a point to PED's after all, as you mention there are numerous cases of people using in various sports. I would be very surprised though if Johnson decided 7 days before a race that he'd start taking steroids.

This would have been something he was taking over the long term in order to see the gains.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I've never really understood the ins and outs of the whole Manny/Floyd drug testing scenario.

Everytime I try to read a thread related to it, I find it to be A) Dozens of pages long and B) Descends very quickly into mud slinging.

I would therefore very much appreciate it if someone could post a summary of the two respective camps' points of view. A neutral, or someone able to maintain neutrality, poster would be the best person for this job.

Alternatively, if no feels up to the task, can someone please post a link that summarises the issues.

Thankyou.

PS - I hope this doesn't initiate any nastiness - I genuinely want to know what the issue is about from both perspectives.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:28 pm

emancipator wrote:Hello everyone,

I've never really understood the ins and outs of the whole Manny/Floyd drug testing scenario.

Everytime I try to read a thread related to it, I find it to be A) Dozens of pages long and B) Descends very quickly into mud slinging.

I would therefore very much appreciate it if someone could post a summary of the two respective camps' points of view. A neutral, or someone able to maintain neutrality, poster would be the best person for this job.

Alternatively, if no feels up to the task, can someone please post a link that summarises the issues.

Thankyou.

PS - I hope this doesn't initiate any nastiness - I genuinely want to know what the issue is about from both perspectives.

Quite hard to summarise but floyd either:

a) Thinks Manny takes PED's and doesn't want to fight an unfair fight
b) Wants to clean up boxing
c) Doesn't want to risk fighting Manny so uses this as an excuse

Manny either:

a) Takes PED's and doesn't want to get caught
b) Is scared of needles and superstitious (like a lot of people from the Philippines, superstitious rather than scared of needles)
c) Doesn't want Floyd making up his own rules
d) Is completely disgusted at Floyd for tarnishing his reputation
e) Doesn't want to fight Floyd so is making an excuse

Think that people tend to believe one or more of the above.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:38 pm

Wow, is that it ?

Just going by the amount of internet chattter devoted to this subject, I thought it'd be more like the Iliad.

Ah well.. thanks anyway Huw.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 07 Jul 2011, 12:58 pm

emancipator wrote:Wow, is that it ?

Just going by the amount of internet chattter devoted to this subject, I thought it'd be more like the Iliad.

Ah well.. thanks anyway Huw.

It is amazing how much this can stir up trouble though, it is a shame as each fighter is used as a stick to beat the other one with when both are great and probably equally responsible for the fight not happening.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down