The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf lessons using video

Go down

Golf lessons using video Empty Golf lessons using video

Post by Bloxboy Fri 8 Jul - 0:33

Having recently had a bout of the sh@nks I thought that it was about time to have another lesson from a pro (the previous one having been about 10 years ago!!!). I decided to go to one of the local pros who would give the lesson but also video it and play back bits in between shots to show you what you were doing right and wrong. As it happened, I hit some of my very best 7 irons (about 175 yards, high and straight) in the 'OK hit a few and let's see where we are' bit and when he called me round to have a look on the playback I thought it was going to be a case of lesson abandoned - everything's perfect. Not so, as he pointed out my hands behind the ball, poor posture and alignment, minimum of hip rotation, head movement...... just about everything that was stopping me hitting good shots, which I can do, consistently. The real point was that I wouldn't have really accepted all this if I couldn't see it with my own eyes. We worked on these things and though they felt strange I have now persevered through two lessons and can both feel (and see) that things are much better all round.
He also e mails me a condensed video version of the lesson which is stored on Youtube where he voices over the things we have worked on, draws the angle lines and head positions onto the screen and writes a list of the key points to work on as well as showing side by side then and now shots so you can see that you're improving. It's like having extra lessons for nothing and you don't forget things you've been told. It's a bit more expensive at £40 rather than £30 but well worth it and I couldn't imagine having future lessons without videos.
Just wondered if anybody else has had a similarly positive (or otherwise) experience with video lessons?

Bloxboy

Back to top Go down