The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

+23
Union Cane
jimdig
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
BALTIMORA
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Sugar Boy Sweetie
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
6oldenbhoy
Valero's Conscience
John Bloody Wayne
Daz
oxring
Sir. badgerhands
88Chris05
coxy0001
HumanWindmill
Rowley
Young_Towzer
Liam_Main
The genius of PBF
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
27 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez Empty Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

Guys

After spending some time chatting to Sergio via Twitter, he has kindly shown his interest in taking part in one of our Q&A sessions. He has provided me with an email address to send our questions to, and says he should be able to answer them at some point in the coming weeks.

However, regardless of how long it takes, or if indeed it happens at all, we need some questions that we can put forward to Sergio, as this would be a massive coup for the forum to get the current middleweight king and pound for pound #2 to take our questions.

Be aware that whilst Sergio has a decent level of English, it is not as comprehensive as that of you and I, so try to keep the questions understandable!

So, fingers crossed that we can get this one to materialise, and please provide your questions in this thread.

Thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez Empty Re: Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Saw the other day you were talking to him, great job. Will think of some questions.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez Empty Re: Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by The genius of PBF Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Would you move up to 168 and consider fighting the likes of Bute, Ward, Froch etc if you cant get the big fights at 154 and 160?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Do you still have ambitions to fight Floyd and Manny?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm

What do you think of Chavez jr and Cotto's shameful ducking of you?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Do you still have ambitions to fight Floyd and Manny?
I think he will just they don't have ambitions of fighting him Yahoo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Good work on securing this Fists, think I speak for everyone in saying your efforts are appreciated. Will try and think of some questions.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Fistsoffury, is it @maravilabox? if so i follow him always retweets!
With p4p number 3 cemented firmly with his name on it, did you always believe you could reach the top

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey, Fists, that's a heck of a coup. Very well done, mate.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:55 pm

First few I thought of.

Which Middleweight champions of the past would you have liked to have faced?

Could you still make Light Middleweight for fights with Alvarez or Lara, or would they have to move up?

With the competitiveness of the Super Middleweight division, and the relative lack of depth at Middleweight, can you see yourself stepping up in the future?

How much have you seen of Darren Barker and what do you think are his strengths?

Who do you plan to spar for the fight?

How different do you think your career would have been if you started boxing earlier?

How do you feel about the results of the first Williams fight and the Cintron fight?

How do you feel your efforts to raise awareness of domestic violence have gone?

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:55 pm

After destroying Williams and seeing him get a gift against Lara would you want a third fight with him?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Are you sheeeeeiiiiiting me?!?!?!?

Ok:

Bearing in mind Froch isn't a huge 168lb'r in terms of piling on rehydration weight, what would be your thoughts about going up in weight against him in the future? As an expansion of the question, is the winner between Ward & Froch on your thoughts?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Yeah that's him. Seems like a great guy I have had both open and private chats on Twitter with him, and he seems genuinely happy to interact with the fans and media.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:57 pm

Do you feel you could have mixed it THE greatest of all Argentine Middleweights, Carlos Monzon?

Why do you think you've reached your peak in your mid thirties? Because you came in to professional boxing at a (relatively) advanced age? Because you were a raw talent to begin with? Or were you just unlucky up until the last couple of years?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:01 pm

How do you remain so damn good looking despite being a boxer? (no homo)

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:02 pm

What a coup for 606, cracking work.

My question would be.

If you could fight any MW from history who would you fight?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 pm

1. Fists. You are an absolute genius. One hell of a coup.

2. What did you think of the Williams-Lara decision. Do you have any interest in the winner.
3. What do you think your legacy will be in 10 years time
4. With the current dearth of talent (other than you, obviously) at 160 - who do you have to beat to become p4p king?

5. Fists. You are an absolute genius. One hell of a coup.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:03 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Yeah that's him. Seems like a great guy I have had both open and private chats on Twitter with him, and he seems genuinely happy to interact with the fans and media.

He is, i remember going to the Williams fight @ the MEN a few years ago with my brother, dad and we met him after the fight, he signed autographs and spoke, at the time he wanted to fight Mayorga or Mosley, de la Hoya, gentleman.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Others would be:

Q: You don't appear to have a website... Would you like one built for you?!

Q: Would you consider switching promotional companies in order to secure a fight with say the likes of Cotto, Chavez Jr & Pacquaio who are only seemingly allowed to fight in-house fighters?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:04 pm

Always one of my favourite questions: How would you like to be remembered?

What do you know now that you would have like to have known at the start of your career?

Are you the first person to have been robbed twice in one fight? (vs Cintron)

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:05 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Others would be:

Q: Would you consider switching promotional companies in order to secure a fight with say the likes of Cotto, Chavez Jr & Pacquaio who are only seemingly allowed to fight in-house fighters?

That's a good one, can't see him saying yes though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:05 pm

Froch vs Ward,who do you think will win? and Would you consider fighting the winner?
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Obvious one but how would you see a potential Mayweather Manny fight going?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Ha, thanks Oxy, like I say he is a busy man but we have taken the first tentative steps towards securing this one.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:07 pm

What did you think of the Haye vs Klitschko fight?

Do you believe Haye could still beat the brothers?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:11 pm

Scottrf wrote:

The one above is also a good one....! Get me in there! It could be my ticket to working on websites for many other boxers! If you do and i get to have my office in Vegas then i'll certainly get you guys tickets for fights etc! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:12 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

The one above is also a good one....! Get me in there! It could be my ticket to working on websites for many other boxers! If you do and i get to have my office in Vegas then i'll certainly get you guys tickets for fights etc! Wink

Ooooooo, can I have tickets to Celine dion!!! Very Happy

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Great work Fisty!! A real coup! 606v2 is getting very popular with these sessions and retweets.

Top work!

thumbsup

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Did he have an amateur career?

Know it can't have been more than a couple of fights, but haven't heard either way.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Can you come to England?!

Who are you favourite boxers: current and past.

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Seen as you put keep calling out smaller fightres, and putting them down if they don't step up, when are we going to see you in against super middlweights and light heavyweights?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Also, WOW! Nice work Fists

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:15 pm

Sir. badgerhands wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I wasn't aware Celine Dion had a fight lined up?!!?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:16 pm

coxy0001 wrote:I wasn't aware Celine Dion had a fight lined up?!!?
We can only hope.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Did any past boxers inspire your style?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:17 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Sir. badgerhands wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

I wasn't aware Celine Dion had a fight lined up?!!?

If you get me a ticket I'd be more than happy to throw hands with her.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:19 pm

You've avenged one of your losses against Williams, would you want to avenge the Margarito loss and the Cintron draw before you retire?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:22 pm

As you have boxed many times outside of your native Argentina, is there a particular venue or atmosphere that you have fond memories of?

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Valero's Conscience wrote:You've avenged one of your losses against Williams, would you want to avenge the Margarito loss and the Cintron draw before you retire?
Please don't call the Cintron fight a draw, it pains me. He knocked him out and then beat him on the cards...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:24 pm

You started boxing at 20 years of age, what convinced you to start at such a late age?

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:39 pm

Scottrf wrote:Can you come to England?!

Who are you favourite boxers: current and past.

He's been to England and Ireland a few times, doubt he will again unless Macklin wins a world title, Martin Murray does, or Barker beats him and wants a rematch, all 3 are long shots.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:45 pm

What middleweight in the history of the division would you like to face most?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Hagler v Monzon - who wins and why ?

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:You've avenged one of your losses against Williams, would you want to avenge the Margarito loss and the Cintron draw before you retire?
Please don't call the Cintron fight a draw, it pains me. He knocked him out and then beat him on the cards...

I'm fully aware, it leaves a foul taste in one's mouth!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Who are your boxing heroes, what other sports do you like?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:44 pm

Great scoop mate!!

We seen how happy you were when it happened, but describe in one word how it feel when Paul Williams' head bounced off that ring like a medicine ball being dropped from the empire estate building.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Who are your boxing heroes, what other sports do you like?

Marvin Hagler, Football he's a huge Newcastle fan and loves Coloccini and Gutierrez, fellow Argies Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:22 pm

Their was an interview with him in boxing monthly most of these questions are answered in their.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:23 pm

More satisfying: Williams KO or Pavlik win?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:25 pm

Ali and Monzon are his boxing heroes, don't believe he answered any of my questions in BM.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next