The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

+23
Union Cane
jimdig
The Galveston Giant
AlexHuckerby
BALTIMORA
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Sugar Boy Sweetie
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
6oldenbhoy
Valero's Conscience
John Bloody Wayne
Daz
oxring
Sir. badgerhands
88Chris05
coxy0001
HumanWindmill
Rowley
Young_Towzer
Liam_Main
The genius of PBF
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez - Page 2 Empty Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by Fists of Fury Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Guys

After spending some time chatting to Sergio via Twitter, he has kindly shown his interest in taking part in one of our Q&A sessions. He has provided me with an email address to send our questions to, and says he should be able to answer them at some point in the coming weeks.

However, regardless of how long it takes, or if indeed it happens at all, we need some questions that we can put forward to Sergio, as this would be a massive coup for the forum to get the current middleweight king and pound for pound #2 to take our questions.

Be aware that whilst Sergio has a decent level of English, it is not as comprehensive as that of you and I, so try to keep the questions understandable!

So, fingers crossed that we can get this one to materialise, and please provide your questions in this thread.

Thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez - Page 2 Empty Re: Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:Ali and Monzon are his boxing heroes, don't believe he answered any of my questions in BM.

Lucky I said most and not all or you would be correcting me again. Wink
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez - Page 2 Empty Re: Announcement: Q&A with Sergio 'Maravilla' Martinez

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:30 pm

I might count them to see if it really is most Wink

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:40 pm

No question, but nice one on getting someone as high-profile as Martinez to take a bit of time out. Where's the bloody smiley?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:05 pm

Scottrf wrote:I might count them to see if it really is most Wink

I never doubted that for a minute.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:55 pm

Wow, Fists awesome job! Just the other day I said it would be good to get a real boxers view straight from the horses mouth on here and answer our questions (Didn't exactly expect it to be one of the top P4P guys around!)

Questions:
How much did you want to avenge the Williams loss?
Do you get frustrated being one of the most ducked opponents around at the moment (Cotto, Chavez Jr, MP, Mayweather) even after consistently bringing up you'd be happy to fight any one of them at 154, or does it bring you with a sense of pride as it means you are an extremely feared fighter?
How many more big fights do you feel that you have left in you?

And can you take me to Argentina with you in your big strong arms? heart

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:57 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:And can you take me to Argentina with you in your big strong arms? heart
Stay away, he's mine mad

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:01 pm

Scottrf wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:And can you take me to Argentina with you in your big strong arms? heart
Stay away, he's mine mad

Bah! I'd like to see you try! I'd go places that you wouldn't think of! :P angel

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:17 pm

Great job Fists.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 pm

Brillant coup fists, and excellent work in promoting 606v2.
Considering his football and cycling background, had he dreams of winning the tour de france, or playing for barcelona, before realising his boxing talent.
What are his views on the current state of the middleweight division, considering he is so far ahead of the any potential challengers.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:30 pm

Typical training day 3-4 weeks out from fight night. I'd be interested in the training /diet / sparring.
Considering his trainer seemed to form the perfect gameplan for the williams fight, does he and his team see areas to exploit mayweather feel he has the key to unlock mayweather / Pacman?
Could he boil down to 154lb's for a potential mayweather match-up, as it would seem the more likely option for him.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:33 pm

He has said plenty of times he's happy at 154 and he would love to especially fight Mayweather there. Not really Floyd's optimum weight however as the De La Hoya fight was relatively close.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:32 am

Add any others you can think of guys, I'd like to get the questions over to Sergio ASAP to give him plenty of time to answer them over the coming weeks.

Thanks

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:38 am

A mixture of some serious and not so serious ones (to add to my one about switching promo companies)

Q: Can i be your very own Buboy?

Q: Where do you see the sport in 25 years time regarding the alphabet belts (you've been subjected to their joke workings), random drug testing and the current issues with promotional companies being reluctant to put their big young guns up against each other on a regular basis?

Q: After a late start in boxing when did you realise "hang on, i could really make it"?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:41 am

Have you ever felt like using the legendary Spinning backfist?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:42 am

Coxy, I really like the question about switching promotional companies, however I'm not so sure it is something he will feel comfortable commenting on. Might have to have a think about how it is worded maybe.

Good one about the belts, he has been subject to the absolutely farcical politics behind them.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

Ok fists, intead of;

Q: Would you consider switching promotional companies in order to secure a fight with say the likes of Cotto, Chavez Jr & Pacquaio who are only seemingly allowed to fight in-house fighters?

How about:

What more do you think could be done to persuade the "in-house" mentality surround a certain promotional stable that contains big money spinners such as Cotto/Chavez Jr to open themselves up to challenging yourself? Do you think the TV networks have an obligation to the fans to almost act as an enforcer in such situations?

Is that better/make sense?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:25 am

Yeah something like that would probably be better, as he obviously isn't going to be too keen to go on record as saying he would be willing to leave his current promoter.

I will try and word it in a way that is easier for him to understand.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:29 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Yeah something like that would probably be better, as he obviously isn't going to be too keen to go on record as saying he would be willing to leave his current promoter.

I will try and word it in a way that is easier for him to understand.

Or just use what i've written above? Gives him an opportunity to have a pop at the old senile wawrinka Arum!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:31 am

His English is far from fluent, he might take 'in-house', 'money spinners' etc too literally.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:42 am

Yeah Scott is right, you have used far too many English-isms there Coxy!

Maybe to narrow it down, what do you think of Bob Arum? Haha.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:54 am

Best thing to do would say "what frustrates you most about Boxing?"

Is not too leading and if he chooses to slag someone off we have not led him or backed him into it, also if he wants to play nice he can give an answer like making weight or getting up early for roadwork or some such.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 am

Last effort at asking this, reworded. Again.

What more do you think could be done to persuade other promotional companies, that contain well established fighters, to open themselves up to challenging yourself? Do you think the TV networks have an obligation to the fans to almost act as an enforcer in such situations?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:02 am

coxy0001 wrote:Last effort at asking this, reworded. Again.

What more do you think could be done to persuade other promotional companies, that contain well established fighters, to open themselves up to challenging yourself? Do you think the TV networks have an obligation to the fans to almost act as an enforcer in such situations?

What about "Do you think Bob Arum will ever grow some nuts and let one of his fighters face you?"

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:03 am

How about this :

¿Qué más usted piensan se podrían hacer para persuadir otras compañías promocionales, de que contienen combatientes establecidos, para abrirse hasta desafiarse? Usted piensa las redes de la TV tiene una obligación a los ventiladores casi de actuar como guardián en tales situaciones?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:04 am

rowley wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Last effort at asking this, reworded. Again.

What about "Do you think Bob Arum will ever grow some nuts and let one of his fighters face you?"

It's an indirect way, almost encrypted to the level of being subconscious, of asking just that....

I think he'll want a good whinge about certain fighters all fighting each other because they have the same boss.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:05 am

Union Cane wrote:How about this :

¿Qué más usted piensan se podrían hacer para persuadir otras compañías promocionales, de que contienen combatientes establecidos, para abrirse hasta desafiarse? Usted piensa las redes de la TV tiene una obligación a los ventiladores casi de actuar como guardián en tales situaciones?

You want to know if he'd be prepared to have a 4some on TV with Rosie Huntington Whiteley, Emma Watson and a donkey?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:06 am

I don't know who those ladies are, I haven't read Heat magazine yet this week.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:10 am

Missing out mate. Madonna left the house without makeup and Colin Farrell has been kissing girls.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:11 am

Union Cane wrote:How about this :

I'm not sure he can speak Italian Union

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:13 am

Union Cane wrote:I don't know who those ladies are, I haven't read Heat magazine yet this week.

The first is the bird from Transformers 3, here's a picture - prepare to be running to a darkened room with an industrial box of kleenex: http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-6.jpg

And the other is the bird from Harry Potter, the one who looks innocent but would be an absolute filth bag screamer.

What is Heat?!

And to keep this a bit more on subject:

What were your feelings over your treatment by the WBC?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:14 am

coxy0001 wrote:The first is the bird from Transformers 3, here's a picture - prepare to be running to a darkened room with an industrial box of kleenex: http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-6.jpg

That is less than special mate, is she a marathon runner?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:19 am

Union Cane wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:The first is the bird from Transformers 3, here's a picture - prepare to be running to a darkened room with an industrial box of kleenex: http://www.plunderguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Rosie-Huntington-Whiteley-6.jpg

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03vcgPYcVieWg/300x459.jpg

Hang your head in shame, you're not a real man.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 am

Union Cane wrote:

Tend to agree Union, looks like she needs a kebab or two down her neck

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 am

Nope, can't see it mate, sorry.

Must be the double-barrelled name that's set your little feller twitching...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

Wouldn't say no but still rather have Megan Fox.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:27 am

Union Cane wrote:Nope, can't see it mate, sorry.

Must be the double-barrelled name that's set your little feller twitching...

Disgraceful.

You more of a Lisa Riley kinda guy then? http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaAuisCQg9mTL4EN4COygqz7htltorKF40b8gxzIMFN_H53wWR3Q

Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:33 am

She's no Angie Varona but she's not bad.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 am

Stop derailing the thread you pervs (some good pictures, by the way).

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am

Sorry FoF

(Cox started it!)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:54 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Stop derailing the thread you pervs (some good pictures, by the way).

I've already re-worded my initial question 2893289329 times and given you about 10 others! Remember the one about if he wants a new website.... Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:55 am

I'm a Yorkshire man, I know a real woman when I see one

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/1/1/3A3B5A71-AF8D-A058-05BCA2AD471C8654.jpg

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:57 am

rowley wrote:I'm a Yorkshire man, I know a real woman when I see one

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=angie%20varona&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=1375l5109l0l18l15l2l3l3l0l250l1578l0.3.5l8&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1016&bih=608&wrapid=tlif131046820932911&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Good choice.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

rowley wrote:I'm a Yorkshire man, I know a real woman when I see one

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/dec2008/1/1/3A3B5A71-AF8D-A058-05BCA2AD471C8654.jpg

Bit on the young side for you ain't she! Wink

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:01 pm

We can all dream Dass

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Stop derailing the thread you pervs (some good pictures, by the way).

I've already re-worded my initial question 2893289329 times and given you about 10 others! Remember the one about if he wants a new website.... Wink

That one is on there mate, as a bit of an off topic question at the end Wink

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 pm

What does his make of Manny's alledged shameful attempts to drain him to 150lb, while still requesting his 160lb titles are on the line.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

I hear you used to be a cyclist Sergio darling.

Would it be possible to have a pair of your sweaty lycra cycling shorts?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:56 pm

amazing coup if you get it fists. Well done. What about asking him whether he has any ambition to fight Abraham now he has stepped back down

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Really well done Fists!

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2