The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion

+10
laverfan
Josiah Maiestas
droogle
Fedex_the_best
legendkillar
Tenez
lydian
noleisthebest
bogbrush
socal1976
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion - Page 2 Empty Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion

Post by socal1976 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 7:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Lets get this straight, Roger is the player i am most conflicted about on the ATP tour. Beautiful game, a talent that really is cheapened by words. He is our Pele, our Muhammad ali. Yet, as a Novak fan, I can see at the same time what it is about federer's perfectness and him that could get under someone's skin. But here again, while I often do take exception with Fed sometimes, it is stories like this that reinforce the man's greatness. I mean after all they say mozart was a drunk and had an annoying laugh. As a Novak fan, I will never, ever say I am Roger fan. But again, respect to the man he deserves everything he has, tennis will never, ever be the same without him:

"Roger Federer has come up with a $3.3 million budget and hopes to put 54,000 children in school in Malawi in the next 10 years. Federer said, "As the father of two little girls, I observe every day how incredibly fast children learn if their environment is a stimulating one. It is a great privilege for me and my foundation to help give children in Malawi the chance to reach their full potential."

The foundation’s prime objective is to build 80 community-based child care centers for three- to five-year-olds in the poverty ridden country, which will comprise of classrooms, play areas, supplies and food. Almost 50% of all children under the age of five in Malawi are said to be chronically malnourished, and nearly three million children under the age of eight have no school education. Half of the 13 million people living in Malawi, a village in southeast Africa, is said to be living below the poverty line."

http://www.tennisearth.com/news/tennisNews/Roger-Federer-launches-10-year-project-in-Malawi-110782.htm

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion - Page 2 Empty Re: Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion

Post by Tenez Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:I am convinced that humans will only progress through rationality. Magic and superstition belongs in the dark ages..
---------------------------------------

I am not saying that religion will get us anywhere but I know for sure that rationality alone won't!

A good rational and scientific mind knows that with logic he'll never able to understand and explain our world.

Right, so let's try irrationality then?

Actually Tenez, you're confusing logic with information. Lgic and rationality is the only reason we have any chance of explaining anything. Otherwise you're just trusting it to the fairies.

No. I am not confusing them. I can see your logic and rationality is already failing BB. A logic person woudl not say that in our world, we have rationality and that the alternative is irrationality. That's not being logic. Our logic and rationality is transcended by time and space....to start with. Reason goes out of the window when time and space disappear...as they can. You will never have enough reason and logic to explain how matter has also spirit. We can only acknowledge it.

All that can lead to very interesting discussions but I find your current vision way too simplistic. Science, reason, logic are tools, often limited tools, to explain something that transcends us and our "reason".

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion - Page 2 Empty Re: Hats off to Roger, shows why he is the noble champion

Post by legendkillar Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:02 pm

How the f**k did a post about a tennis player being charitable become a discussion about christianity and evolution and Greek theory???

furious 🤦

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

Tenez wrote:
bogbrush wrote:
Tenez wrote:I am convinced that humans will only progress through rationality. Magic and superstition belongs in the dark ages..
---------------------------------------

I am not saying that religion will get us anywhere but I know for sure that rationality alone won't!

A good rational and scientific mind knows that with logic he'll never able to understand and explain our world.

Right, so let's try irrationality then?

Actually Tenez, you're confusing logic with information. Lgic and rationality is the only reason we have any chance of explaining anything. Otherwise you're just trusting it to the fairies.

No. I am not confusing them. I can see your logic and rationality is already failing BB. A logic person woudl not say that in our world, we have rationality and that the alternative is irrationality. That's not being logic. Our logic and rationality is transcended by time and space....to start with. Reason goes out of the window when time and space disappear...as they can. You will never have enough reason and logic to explain how matter has also spirit. We can only acknowledge it.All that can lead to very interesting discussions but I find your current vision way too simplistic. Science, reason, logic are tools, often limited tools, to explain something that transcends us and our "reason".

ER.... it doesn't. That's superstitious nonsense.

See what happens without rationality?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

legendkillar wrote:How the f**k did a post about a tennis player being charitable become a discussion about christianity and evolution and Greek theory???

furious 🤦
Welcome to the evolution of creationism. thumbsup

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:29 pm

Tenez wrote: Our logic and rationality is transcended by time and space....to start with. Reason goes out of the window when time and space disappear...as they can. You will never have enough reason and logic to explain how matter has also spirit. We can only acknowledge it.
No doubt you'll be outlining wave-particle duality, supramental consciousness and quantum mechanics for us next...

Tenez wrote: I find your current vision way too simplistic.
Is there anyone you dont find simplistic?
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:03 pm

lydian wrote:
Tenez wrote: Our logic and rationality is transcended by time and space....to start with. Reason goes out of the window when time and space disappear...as they can. You will never have enough reason and logic to explain how matter has also spirit. We can only acknowledge it.
No doubt you'll be outlining wave-particle duality, supramental consciousness and quantum mechanics for us next...

Tenez wrote: I find your current vision way too simplistic.
Is there anyone you dont find simplistic?

You forgot String Theory, Bose Condensation, Chandrasekhar's Limit (of White Dwarfs), and Hawking's Brief History of Time, Special Theory of Relativity, Higgs Boson, ... laughing

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:07 pm

OK I give up. What are Bose Condensation and Chandrasekhar's Limit?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:29 pm

lol...Laverfan indeed, dont forget there's also Omnipresent Reality, Neuroplasticity-Quantum theory, Unified Theory, Field Theory, Quantum Probability & the Measurement Problem, Dark Matter & Dark Energy and Anthropic Principle to cover too.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:37 pm

lydian wrote:

Isn't it you that try to widen subjects all the time trying to bring simple concepts into muddy waters when they don't suit you?

I am just saying to BB that believing in something which cannot be explained rationally is as logic as not believing in it.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Wed 13 Jul 2011, 10:49 pm

Nah.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

Did I miss something? Erm

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:03 pm

I think we all did. Even those who were here!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:04 pm

You missed this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydMHJGpypQE&feature=related

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:OK I give up. What are Bose Condensation and Chandrasekhar's Limit?

Bose Condensation (or Bose-Einstein Condesation) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose–Einstein_condensate

In the domain of Low-Temperature Physics the state of matter close to Zero Degree Kelvin - Related to the 'Spirit' of Matter as expounded by Tenez.

Chandrasekhar Limit - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandrasekhar_limit - Limit of Mass of a stable white dwarf star up to which it is stable. Beyond such mass, the white dwarf can collapse into a Neutron Star or a Black Hole (similar to Tenez's limits of Rationality). It also is the number of posts in a given article beyond which all further posts will degenerate into a 'physicality' or lack thereof debate.

laughing

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:52 am

You guys love to argue about anything and everything. Now I need a degree in physics and philosphy to enter this thread. Have to agree with bogbrush, don't believe in things that can not be verified and tested. Scientists are actually much closer than we know in giving us this unified theory that explains the relationships and functions of the smallest sub-atomic particle all the way to the universe or multiverse have you.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:22 am

I dare say there's an element of intellectual showboating in these types of discussions, particularly when it gets into philosophy.

...or even the 'Under-verse' socal if you've been watching the Chronicles of Rididick films...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:02 pm

lydian wrote:I dare say there's an element of intellectual showboating in these types of discussions, particularly when it gets into philosophy.

...or even the 'Under-verse' socal if you've been watching the Chronicles of Rididick films...

Absolutely Lydian (I shall refrain from doing a 'La Monf' or Tsonga impersonation - Wink ) .

Vin Diesel does not do justice to the books though. The special effects are very interesting though. I should go back and see the films again.

Last edited by laverfan on Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

Intellectual showboating is a bit silly, especially when discussing anything as simple as debunking superstition and fairy myths.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedex_the_best Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:15 pm

Just one observation, Bible's main aim is not to give a lesson on morality or to teach a way of life or to explain creation. Bible teaches about Jesus and what the saviour has done for us and how can we be saved. Once we do that, there are guidelines which talks about how a godly man should behave but the spirit will anyways keep showing the way and the love of Jesus would refrain us from doing a lot of ungodly things.

But yeah, the post of the day comes from the bottle placement statement - excellent one Smile

Fedex_the_best

Back to top Go down

Post by droogle Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

Nothing can save us.

droogle

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Thu 14 Jul 2011, 1:57 pm

Fedex_the_best wrote:the spirit will anyways keep showing the way and the love of Jesus would refrain us from doing a lot of ungodly things.

Amazing how all these wars have taken place in the past 2000 years then...most of them caused by religious zealotism and friction.
Sorry, this isnt the forum to preach about religion, lets keep to tennis please.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

droogle wrote:Nothing can save us.
Do we really need saving? Erm. Perhaps to watch Tennis, which could be the only reason. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:09 pm

News of the World should be saved, Sunday's are not the same anymore Sad
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 14 Jul 2011, 3:52 pm

Should the BBC buy NoW? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:51 pm

Does anyone else here dislike Vin Diesel, loved the pitch black and riddick movies but I kept trying to picture someone other then Vin as the star. Is it me or is he overrated, and how did he become a sex symbol of all things.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2