The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much has American decline hurt Boxing!!

+9
TopHat24/7
Imperial Ghosty
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Scottrf
Steffan
ONETWOFOREVER
BALTIMORA
licence_007
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How much has American decline hurt Boxing!! - Page 3 Empty How much has American decline hurt Boxing!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

The last real golden period for American Boxing was the late 80's...early 90's.....Hagler, Leonard, Curry etc and lot's of tother American talent which transcended due to the media and omnipresent TV interest in Boxing back then.....

Boxing interest has declined over the last 15 or so years due to certain things like politics....and with the decline in American talent involved in the great game....

Sure it's good that other Countries like Britain and others are having more success but the fact is America is the home of Boxing, the biggest media machine, the place where stars are made!!! and we are insular people if truth be told....

I know we aren't the most popular people.. but for me an interested America with plenty of talent to show the World makes Boxing more interesting and raises it's profile..

How much has Americn decline hurt Boxing??? Quite a bit me thinks.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

How much has American decline hurt Boxing!! - Page 3 Empty Re: How much has American decline hurt Boxing!!

Post by School Project Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

I'll tell you what is hurting boxing right now...

Too many weightclasses, combined with too many organisations, controlled too easily by shameless promoters.

In the "glory days" of boxing you knew who was the champ in each division, people were interested the guy fighting the Champ. Now we have the lineal champ facing the interim champ for the super unified championship of the junior mid-to-light heavyweight.

Back twenty years ago, my father could have told you who the best heavyweight or the best middleweight was. Now we have too many faceless champions hiding in their backyards.

Germany is flourishing in boxing right now, because of the above. If you asked a German boxing fan how good boxing has got, they'll tell you differently (despite the fact that the Klitschkos, Sturm and Abraham aren't German).

However, if America has any reason to be to blame for the hurt of Boxing it probably has something to do with the obtuse in-housing and protection of Arums boxers, coupled with the lack of good heavyweights appearing on the scene.

School Project

Back to top Go down

How much has American decline hurt Boxing!! - Page 3 Empty Re: How much has American decline hurt Boxing!!

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:08 pm

Does it matter who started what Truss, lets all be the bigger man and accept we're all in the wrong

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:09 pm

Yawn....why not just refrain from commenting on a thread instead of trying to second guess someone whio is a lot brighter than you..

making a fool of yourself in the process...

No problem with "White trash"...Dear oh dear I'm glad I was brought up with values..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Say's the guy who thinks racism is okay....

I am not a racist. My golfing mate is English and I am good friends with a guy from Pakistan. Also one of my other long time friends is of Mauritiun decent. Im also very good mates with an Australian and have quite a few Irish ones as well. Maybe if you actually really knew me then you would understand what a man of the world I am. You dont know me and thats fine we only have contact through an internet messageboard but try not to be so judgemental in future and understand a bit of tongue in cheek humour (like your Welsh jokes)

Thats all im gonna say on the matter

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Drop it!! Scroll up and see who started it ..again.....

Get more sense out of towser...

pretty poor case of infantile hijacking....

No. Every time the general consensus on one of your threads starts to turn against your original intention you throw a hissy fit and accuse all and sundry of hijacking the thread or of hit-and-run behaviour. You slate Towser but in his defence he's about 21. You're a middle-aged father, supposedly. What's your excuse?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:11 pm

Wasn't referring to you..you're just to ignorant to understand the things you say...

I'll forgive you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:13 pm

Any even-minded guy with more than one brain cell can see the last post is nonsense...

Go and play with Towser...More in your league Son.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:15 pm

I'm tired of you Balti....Supposedly a middle aged father etc..

tell you what I don't do is scrawl graffiti over a thread that someone takes time to write..

Or condone racism....

Now p**s off.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:16 pm

Don't say I didn't try guys

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:17 pm

My thread and this guy has just ruined it...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:19 pm

Truss, you're an embarrassment. If you'll go back and look I made a reasoned argument in response to your OP. Wah, wah, the big beefcake can't take a bit of disagreement. Strap on a pair, why don't you?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

School project...no doubt that is a big issue and part of the decline of Boxing...

It's got so convoluted with titles that some have lost interest..

However quality and personalities sell fights and there is a lack of them..

Especially American..

Thanks for the mature contribution...

Balti let's make up Mate.....I'm not really being serious I'm on the wind up....

Like a good old fashioned tete a tete...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

You kids shouldnt play so rough....someones gonna end up crying

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

Usual degeneration of a Truss thread i see....... And i wasn't even around to disagree with the initial post and then watch it all go pete tong!

Feel that some may be feeling the force of windys iron dong

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:23 pm

Alright Truss. randy

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:24 pm

Always play rough steffy...should know me by now.....

Stick the boot in and come back with the fake persecution complex...

Thought my style would be more widely known....by now Cool

Like the goof old days with Azumah..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

Was there actually a mod on duty tonight?

They normally stick their unwanted beak in by now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

Windy's iron dong is at the blue oyster bar being ironed..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always play rough steffy...should know me by now.....

Stick the boot in and come back with the fake persecution complex...

Thought my style would be more widely known....by now Cool

Like the goof old days with Azumah..
You're quite good at it to be fair, I've just read your posts for two long.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:26 pm

The mod is probably white trash anyway!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The mod is probably white trash anyway!! Wink

Hence the laziness then Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:27 pm

Not so bad yourself for a toff!!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:32 pm

That's classist...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:33 pm

That's classist....

Yep I've always had class...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:38 pm

Shame you didn't go to class...

Cool

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

Off to bed.....apologies again maybe I took it a little too far tonight....

it's the big kid in me...Like I say I'm determined I'm never going to grow up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:42 pm

Nos Da Truss thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Off to bed.....apologies again maybe I took it a little too far tonight....

it's the big kid in me...Like I say I'm determined I'm never going to grow up..

Michael Jackson had that problem too...

Take it easy Truss - sweet dreams kiss

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:14 am

Hey School Project. No doubt you have seen this. Your home town is now famous thumbsup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvuxYxmlfrc&feature=player_embedded

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:39 am

Hahaha.... nice one Steff. Cwmbran, a place of beauty. GLC only filmed the glum looking areas. If Cwmbran is good enough for Calzaghe, Lockett and Rachel Rice (winner of some Big Brother)... its good enough for me Smile

Last edited by School Project on Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo from phone)

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:32 pm

Imagine for a second that boxing wasnt about money? How good would the fights be?! I bet we would get all the quality scraps we crave like Pacman/Mayweather, Chavez/Alvarez, Gamboa/Lopez and even Fury/McDermott Very Happy

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamo Tue 19 Jul 2011, 3:19 pm

When boxing is big in America - it's not just a sport but also a part of their culture, their polititcs, their social backbone. Ali made this so, and his foundations for making boxing the biggest sport in the states at any one time are currently dormant. American needs boxing. Boxing needs America - and you will find that with two together, the sport will be more entertaining diffusing more passion from the fighters and the fans. I hope we do come to this day, because I do miss the birth of the new-born fighter like Tyson.

dynamo

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 5:10 pm

dynamo wrote:When boxing is big in America - it's not just a sport but also a part of their culture, their polititcs, their social backbone. Ali made this so, and his foundations for making boxing the biggest sport in the states at any one time are currently dormant. American needs boxing. Boxing needs America - and you will find that with two together, the sport will be more entertaining diffusing more passion from the fighters and the fans. I hope we do come to this day, because I do miss the birth of the new-born fighter like Tyson.

Good point well said. You on about Tyson Fury? Shocked

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3