The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!!

+17
Rowley
oxring
tunes666
Scottrf
Seanusarrilius
Young_Towzer
School Project
spencerclarke
bhb001
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Bluto1978
ONETWOFOREVER
licence_007
pauline1981
88Chris05
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!! Empty Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:44 pm

.....and gets rid of that useless, embarrassing Enzo Maccarinelli clone......

The guy is terrible....Heaven knows what Bruno would've done to him.......With Price, Chisora and Haye still around.. the Brits don't need this waste of space....

Chisora do us all a favor and take the garbage out!!

and lessen the quantity but improve the quality..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!! Empty Re: Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!!

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:46 pm

Your a real charmer Truss...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!! Empty Re: Let's hope Chisora does us all a favor!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

Don't you find Fury embarassing....

Slow, no skill, fat around the waste...

Makes me long for Butterbean.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't you find Fury embarassing....

Cant say iv ever given him much thought to be honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:49 pm

Shouldn't think Chisora has either!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

Shouldn't worry, Truss. Have no doubts at all that Chisora will get the better of Fury on saturday night with something to spare.

Fury has potential, but this fight has come too early for him. Chisora is a class above and will take advantage of Fury's poor stamina to stop him late, I reckon. For all his size, Fury seems to have very little power at any sort of decent level and I don't think he has enough zip in that jab to halt Chisora's march foward, which I think will be relentless.

I think 'Del Boy' will outwork Fury from the off, put him on the retreat and take advantage of the tiring effect carrying a 6'9" frame can produce, stopping Fury late. Too rounded for 'Tyson' at this stage, I think.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:51 pm

Why has he got potential chris.....

He lacks conditioning...he's slow, he's one dimensional....

Please enlighten us!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why has he got potential chris.....

He lacks conditioning...he's slow, he's one dimensional....

Please enlighten us!!

Will stress that he doesn't have as much potential as Chisora, hence why I think Del Boy wins comfortably on saturday! But I think there is something there with Fury, perhaps enough to make him a solid European-level Heavyweight throughout his career. One dimensional, maybe, but when you're 6'9" with an 86" reach, you're always going to be an almost exclusively outside fighter who works at range. His jab is good when he's in full flow, he has a decent right hand (absolutely nothing in the left, mind you) and, for a Heavyweight, has a pretty good punch output.

What lets him down is his conditioning and lack of a plan B when he can't just jab an opponent to death, which as I stated above is why I see Chisora getting the best of him with something to spare.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 6:59 pm

He isn't quick enough..or have a jab good enough to make it count..

Sheer size alone means diddly squat.....

Eddie Gregg, Primo Carnera, Valuev all duds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:05 pm

Fury will be to good on the night

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm

Funny...emancipator and Pauline being on here at the same time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:14 pm

Not a big fan of either, but have read a couple of interviews with Fury and he seems like a bigger pleb, so I hope he gets destroyed.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:17 pm

Tyson Fury is a plank. I really cant stand him. Typical manc.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:18 pm

Fury will be to good on the night
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be good to you Pauline.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:21 pm

Pauline is a man.....

So no doubt you're right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluto1978 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

Although a bit OTT I tend to share Trussman's disdain for Fury. A bit concerning that it's the 2nd article in a row that I've agreed with. For me Fury is all fur coat and no knickers.
Big mouth, silly showy combinations with no meat or substance behind them. I don't think heavyweights all have to look like Bruno but Fury in his early 20s is a bit of a disgrace. Chisora will be a class above as he is actually talented and a good prospect.
To develop Fury has to get a proper trainer and get honest about his current abilities.

Bluto1978

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:28 pm

I disagree he should lie to himself about his current abilities.....

Don't want the suicide rate going up..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

I've always said del boy would will beat fury and I'm not changing my mind at this stage (changed my mind on Mitchell beating Murray at the last second and lost yet more points in the predictor league!).

I've always felt fury has size and a decent chin going for him, but little else (other than a flashy name). Derek does nothing spectacular but everything soundly. Decent handspeed, good combination punching, respectable power, good chin, nice upper body movement/elusiveness. Fury doesn't work his jab well enough, his power is nothing special given his size, and his conditioning is embarrassing IMO. I'm hoping and expecting that Del will prove to slippery, land too many and outlast Fury to a points win or a very late stoppage.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:50 pm

I'm going chisora early..

I'm slipping ground in the predictor league though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I disagree he should lie to himself about his current abilities.....

Don't want the suicide rate going up..

At least the global Winkle length average would go up at the same time.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:55 pm

He is crud though isn't he.....

Imagine him around with Bruno and.. Gary Mason even..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:56 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He isn't quick enough..or have a jab good enough to make it count..

Sheer size alone means diddly squat.....

Eddie Gregg, Primo Carnera, Valuev all duds..

Valuev was a world champion, with over 40 fights before he got beaten. Yes, a big lump, but he knew how to win (fight in Germany and take the decision, but he still won!)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:57 pm

By the by, I'm going for Chisora late and his win can only be good for british boxing. Fury has gone on long enough

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 7:58 pm

I gave Valuev the decision against Haye as well. Thought he was unlucky to lose that one

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

Not that you were biased in any way though..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:03 pm

Steffan wrote:I gave Valuev the decision against Haye as well. Thought he was unlucky to lose that one

It was incredibly unlucky that he landed about 3 punches in the whole fight and moved around so slowly he was actually being overtaken by stationary objects. That big lummox losing the title was a blessing as it's now in the hands of a true champion.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 8:04 pm

Absolutely....how anyone can give Valuev credit is beyond me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 18 Jul 2011, 9:58 pm

still think price would beat either of them and a much nicer guy at the same time

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:00 pm

You might be right..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:.....and gets rid of that useless, embarrassing Enzo Maccarinelli clone......

Former World Champion who goes down more than Jordans nickers?

Sounds like the recent version of RJJ to be honest Truss.

I think Tyson Fury is fantastic. The guy is a complete clown, is fairly useless in every aspect. His trash talk is dimwitted...

You can long for Butterbean but Tyson Fury is one funny guy.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:25 pm

I'm not ultra keen on ear biting, women hitting, men kissing, weird people, however Chisora's a good fighter and will win by tko 6-10 imo.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:28 pm

Don't think it'll take that long..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

i got chisora on pts but i actually think now he may get him out of there in 10. Fury just hasn't improved enough for em in recent fights, chisora is not very likeable guy but this is boxing. Chisora wins this for me for all the reasons mentioned above

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:48 pm

btw. this fight is PPV in the states. PPV can you believe it?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

ppv? seriously? who would pay for that? who else is on the card?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:btw. this fight is PPV in the states. PPV can you believe it?
And at $50...crazy.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:50 pm

Bout time they had to fork up for a change Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:55 pm

this ppv is fatty hennesey's great promotion, a fight on channel 5 and ppv in America, well done fatty Hennesey...Well done

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 18 Jul 2011, 10:57 pm

He aint so useless after all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:40 pm

you have to feel a bit bad for fat Mick. it was his deal with ITV that gave quality fights such as Carl froch v Pascal to terrestrial viewers. Wasnt his fault ITV pulled the plug on boxing due to financial constraints - but it left him out in the cold as Sky already had its quota of promotors signed up. Subsequently fat Micks star turns such as froch and John Murray left him as he was no longer able to provide them with the exposure they needed to further their careers. He was a victim of circumstance, not a bad promotor.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 18 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:you have to feel a bit bad for fat Mick. it was his deal with ITV that gave quality fights such as Carl froch v Pascal to terrestrial viewers. Wasnt his fault ITV pulled the plug on boxing due to financial constraints - but it left him out in the cold as Sky already had its quota of promotors signed up. Subsequently fat Micks star turns such as froch and John Murray left him as he was no longer able to provide them with the exposure they needed to further their careers. He was a victim of circumstance, not a bad promotor.
Hopefully gets some luck when Sky break free from promotional contracts in June 2012.

Dangerously close to not having anyone to promote.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:05 am

i think Fat Mick makes a few errors, like for instance putting Fury and Chisora on PPV basically ruling out any exposure tot he biggest boxing market in the world, seriously he might get 3 ppv buys in the states with these two wheras leaving to air for free would garner millions of potential fans

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

No sure about millions, 1.4m was the most this year, and that's Berto VS Ortiz. Barely anyone will buy it but perhaps none of the US networks wanted it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:11 am

Chisora has ok power and is pretty quick but pretty small and not mega fit either... I cant see him taking the division by storm he does not have any major factors that will see him stand out from what I see... he ticks all the ok boxes..

Tyson has allot of attributes to help him do well but is no athlete.. and as a result does not have enough speed to compete at a high level.. put him up against someone with a bit of speed and he wont be able to keep up.

I think its a closer fight than most think but Fancy Chisora to take it on points....

Wlad and Vitali would obliterate either.. and I think Price would also beat them both... If price proves to have a chin then I fancy him to go all the way.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Tue 19 Jul 2011, 12:17 am

Fury is not one-dimensional.

He has a crisp jab - good on defence and offence and mixes things up with good body shots. Reasonable power.

What's the glitch? He can't defend to a pressure fighter (like Chisora) who gets on the inside (like Chisora) to land hard right hands (like Chisora). He doesn't like being backed up. His defence hasn't improved much and his conditioning is inadequate. Yes, he was less tired than Mcmuffin in their 2nd encounter - but being slightly fitter than a really unfit bloke isn't the greatest praise one can offer.

Anyway - if Fury's defence has improved working with Steward and IF he can work his jab properly - he can beat Chisora - whose current high rating seems to have come off the back of beating a shot-to-blazes Williams, re-beating the limited Sexton and getting a shot against Wlad. Fury should offer more than Sexton so could be an interesting fight.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 19 Jul 2011, 2:16 am

Scottrf wrote:No sure about millions, 1.4m was the most this year, and that's Berto VS Ortiz. Barely anyone will buy it but perhaps none of the US networks wanted it.

Still Scott you get my emaning, seriously they might get about twelve viewers on PPV

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:35 am

That's $600! But who's to say HBO or Showtime wanted it? I doubt they did.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 7:38 am

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:you have to feel a bit bad for fat Mick. it was his deal with ITV that gave quality fights such as Carl froch v Pascal to terrestrial viewers. Wasnt his fault ITV pulled the plug on boxing due to financial constraints - but it left him out in the cold as Sky already had its quota of promotors signed up. Subsequently fat Micks star turns such as froch and John Murray left him as he was no longer able to provide them with the exposure they needed to further their careers. He was a victim of circumstance, not a bad promotor.

I do actually feel a bit sorry for him Sugar, as you say he normally puts decent cards on and always looks to take his fighters the proper route, no joke titles for Mick's boys but can't buy himself a TV deal. Can't blame his fighters for leaving, it's a tough career and a short one you have to look after yourself at some point but do have to feel for Mick a bit as he has obviously upset someone, somewhere.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Tue 19 Jul 2011, 3:15 pm

I don't know which of these two I wanna lose the most. One is a dumb ignorgant woman beater and the other is a very tall, smelly and thick yob living in an invalid culture.

I will lean towards Chisora. He has the better skills and it would be fun to see him manhandled by Klitscho the way Haye was.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Jul 2011, 3:17 pm

Super D Boon wrote:ignorgant

Rolling Eyes

Its a shame you feel that way mate, they both rang me earlier to say how much they like you.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next