The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Ward - Date and Venue Set

5 posters

Go down

Froch vs Ward - Date and Venue Set Empty Froch vs Ward - Date and Venue Set

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:00 am

Good morning fellow fans,

Just seen on BBC Sport that the Unification of the WBC/WBA titles between Froch and Ward will take place in Atlantic City on October 29th. Bit annoyed at the fact that Froch has yet to travel abroad again for the fight as opposed to having the fight in his back yard which he hasnt done since Direll. Should be a cracking war between the two. I feel that with the styles, Ward will win by UD, but you never know with Froch, he is a true warrior. What are your thoughts on this, and whoever it is to win, should they then unify against Stiegltz or Bute?

Cheers.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Ward - Date and Venue Set Empty Re: Froch vs Ward - Date and Venue Set

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:03 am

Or even still, have a rematch with Kessler? Both of the fights between Ward/Kessler and Froch/Kessler were decent scraps, more so the one with Froch. Think this would be a good fight, but id rather see them smash up Bute to be honest. He has had the easiest fights ever.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:05 am

The Ward-Kessler fight wasn't much to watch. Ward's TV-unfriendly style saw to that.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

Is a tough fight and both fighters would do well not to look beyond this fight. However if Froch can win, which is a massive if because seems obvious Showtime are pulling for a Ward win think Bute should be next. However not sure how viable this will be because if it is Froch for me he will be the man at the weight and on the back of the travels and tough tests he has had for me he will be more than entitled to ask Bute to dust off his passport and come to the UK but seriously doubt how willing he will be to do this. However if he isn't willing screw him, win this and Froch will not be short of offers.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:40 am

If Froch wins the Super 6 (which I think he will), he will of course be regarded as 'the man' at super middle, I think he would then want to set the record straight against Kessler before moving up to LHW, as is his stated aim.

Froch v Clev anyone?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Clev needs to establish himself as a genuine force at 175 for me Union. Through no fault of his own he was pretty much gifted his belt and so is a belt holder rather than a champion. May make a few quid domestically but call me a traditionalist but think Clev needs to earn his mega fights first. Also at the minute I like Clev but he is far too green for Froch at the minute, still get sucked into wars without the power to back it up and doesn't really stick to the gameplan when he is tagged.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

Even considering Cleverly's natural size advantage, he'd be eaten alive by Froch if they were to meet right now. Think he needs a fight and a win against a Cloud, Pascal or a Campillo of the 175 lb division before we even entertain the thought of a genuinely 'big fight' for Cleverly, fine talent though he is.

I have no doubts that Froch will be desperate to avenge the Kessler loss. I'm not entirely sure that he'll beat Ward, but if he does you'd have to imagine he'll face Kessler in late 2011, and then step up to Light-Heavyweight next year. I don't see Bute leaving his comfort zone and certainly not coming to Britain to fight, and if Froch is in the aforementioned position by early 2012, why bother with Bute anyway? He won't need him.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

I'm with you there Jeff, Froch would blast him out of there in three were they to meet at the moment.

I can't see Clev getting anything other than a one sided beating from Hopkins or Cloud, so where does he go after the Bellew fight?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Jul 2011, 9:59 am

Genuinely don't see what all the fuss is about Bute. Not saying he can't fight but easy to look the business when all the cream of the division are otherwise engaged and you are left to feast on the best of the rest. Does anyone genuinely see either Froch, Ward or Kessler having any trouble against Bute's last few opponents.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Tue 19 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

88Chris05 wrote:Even considering Cleverly's natural size advantage, he'd be eaten alive by Froch if they were to meet right now. Think he needs a fight and a win against a Cloud, Pascal or a Campillo of the 175 lb division before we even entertain the thought of a genuinely 'big fight' for Cleverly, fine talent though he is.

I have no doubts that Froch will be desperate to avenge the Kessler loss. I'm not entirely sure that he'll beat Ward, but if he does you'd have to imagine he'll face Kessler in late 2011, and then step up to Light-Heavyweight next year. I don't see Bute leaving his comfort zone and certainly not coming to Britain to fight, and if Froch is in the aforementioned position by early 2012, why bother with Bute anyway? He won't need him.

Froch to fight end of October, then fight again end of this year? He is a warrior, but jesus man! How would that work?!?! Wink

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down