The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Shifting WWE Roster / Possible Summerslam Card *Some Spoilers*

Go down

A Shifting WWE Roster / Possible Summerslam Card *Some Spoilers* Empty A Shifting WWE Roster / Possible Summerslam Card *Some Spoilers*

Post by JoshSansom Wed 20 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

After quite a period of stability in the heel/face positions on Raw and SD! there appears to be quite a shift in the offing judging by some of the recent crowd reactions. What will the positions of many of the major characters be going onto Summerslam and beyond?

Until recently Raw's roster has been heavily stacked with heels:

Face - Main: Cena, Mysterio, Mid: Alex Riley, Bourne, Kingston, JoMo
Heel - Main: Miz, ADR, Truth, CM Punk Mid: Ziggler, Swagger

Yet following the events of MITB and the proceeding episode of Raw things seem to have taken a large shift with both Miz and Punk seemingly being booked as faces (or at least tweeners). With both Cena and Mysterio representing the "kiddie cash cow" market is this an attempt to have faces that will be interesting and appeal to older fans as well?

The difficulty with this is that the WWE books its faces so strongly. As such you can afford to have a large number of heels because there will be a consistent turnover of them as they successively lose to each face. However, there isn't room for Raw to have four main event level feuds so either one or two of them will be booked as mid carders, some are going to be absent from TV or the changes that have been made, or appear to have been made, will not come to fruition.

Personally I would like to see a situation such as:

Face - Main: Cena, Punk, Miz, Mysterio Mid: A-Ry, Bourne, Kingston
Heel - Main: ADR, Truth Mid: Ziggler, Swagger, JoMo

Cena/Punk could continue with the on-going crowd split of older fans supporting Punk and younger ones supporting Cena keeping that feud interesting. I would really like to see ADR have a decent feud and think that he could with Miz - it would potentially elevate both of them. Truth v Mysterio would be interesting with the Mexican midget taking on the Lil Jimmy persona in Truth's mind...

As for SD! well Randy is #1 on that brand and quite rightly so. After so long in the shadows of Cena on Raw he has earned the opportunity to lead his own show and I think that he is doing it very well. Where his feud with Christian will play out to I am not sure though I am glad it didn't go the way of his feud with Punk where he win every single PPV match - even this kind of screwy finish adds some interest.

The roster before MITB looked to me to be:

Face - Main: Orton Mid: Bryan, Sin Cara, Gabriel, Jackson
Heel - Main: Christian, Sheamus, Barrett, Henry Mid: diBiase, Rhodes, Mahal, Slater

Again there seems to be a large number of heels and only really Orton as a main event level face character. I understand that while pushing him WWE wouldn't want anyone taking Orton's spotlight but they now realise that they need other characters in order to add some extra interest to things; however, they will probably have fewer potential rivalries due to the number of main event Raw rivalries at present (in my opinion).

I can see the card looking like this given the size of pop that Sheamus got at MITB

Face - Main: Orton, Sheamus, [Bryan] Mid: Sin Cara, Gabriel, Jackson
Heel - Main: Christian, Barrett, Henry, [Rhodes] Mid: diBiase, Mahal, Slater

This would give the opportunity to see an interesting Sheamus v Barrett feud while Bryan holding the MITB case technically means that he is a main eventer though I think that he will be given a long build up (even if the holds on to it). As such any feud between Rhodes and Bryan will propel him into the main event scene. The mid carders remain fairly similar though I think that a diBiase face turn will eventually happen - though he is getting some decent TV time as a sidekick at the moment so I don't see that changing yet.

If and when he comes back on TV I would like to see Drew McIntyre on SD as he would have a solid place on the mid card then.

Thoughts?

Proposed SS card:

Cena v Punk (WWE Title)
Miz v ADR (Interim WWE Title / #1 Contender Match)
Truth v Mysterio
Christian v Orton (WHC)
Sheamus v Barrett
Rhodes v Bryan
Kelly Kelly v .....

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down