The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

+28
ManUtdImy
Liam
Fernando
Hero
BD21
Adam D
XR
hodge
Dr Gregory House MD
x12x
bretmeharty
Kay Fabe
CenaNuff
TheCultOfPersonality
Looseheaded
Crimey
Samo
No 7&1/2
Dolphin Ziggler
Good Golly I'm Olly
JamesLincs
Paul Mac 6CW
I Blame Coco
gaffer_reborn
Hulking_up
crippledtart
DonIffy
NickisBHAFC
32 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) Empty THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 am

AMAZING PPV!!!!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) Empty Re: THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by DonIffy Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:14 am

I was expecting it but my jaw still dropped when HHH Pedigreed Bryan. Double heel turn for Orton and HHH. Can't wait for Raw now. Probably gonna be a triple threat match for the title soon enough.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers) Empty Re: THANK YOU WWE (Summerslam spoilers)

Post by crippledtart Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:28 am

Best PPV in years. I can't think of a better one in the last decade. Two matches that were four stars plus, a hugely newsworthy (but logical) swerve and a feeling that WWE is as hot a product as it's been since the attitude era.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:31 am

Only 2 matches worth watching hardly makes it a great PPV.
Good yes. Great no.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:35 am

Hulking up, can you remember the last non-mania PPV that had one match close to five stars, one around four stars, and a massive storyline development?

Also, I'd say the Christian-Del Rio match was worth watching, and Cody-Sandow was good while it lasted.

What was the last PPV you thought was better and more memorable than that one?

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by gaffer_reborn Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:14 am

last non mania ppv that had 5 star match was money in the bank 2011.

this was a very decent PPV tho.

question, when was the last time HHH was a heel? years and years id imagine!

you just knew it was going to happen with how over excited HHH was that bryan had won

gaffer_reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 am

Well this needed a spoiler tag. Thanks for that. Inconsiderate idiot

Back to top Go down

Post by I Blame Coco Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:07 am

As an aside, how sick was that running knee from Bryan to finish the match. My 1st thought was Cena was legit KO'd.

I Blame Coco

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 am

Nice to see somebody actually pick up a clean win over Cena at a PPV - Interested to see if this signals the return of Evolution

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 am

antlord, i agree it needs a spoiler, but when i read the title i assumed it was summerslam related and the first post just said "great ppv" my brain then did something that told me not to read on, yours should really have done the same..

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:11 pm

Anybody got a link to the show?

If so, gives a cheeky PM will ya thumbsup 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 pm

Still buzzing, really enjoyed that. Just when Bryan is winning everyone over as best in ring performer, CM Punk vs Lesnar becomes a classic and I give that honour back to Punk again.

Everything made sense, yet every story could have been told with a different victor and still made sense. I've not seen that in WWE for years.

One quibble was the running knee finish. Not a huge fan.

Marked out plenty of times, even when HHH turned. Thought it was gonna be him heel, and I wanted Bryan champ, but just thought it was a great moment. Finally realising HHH is a better heel. Hope they make Vince the babyface in this feud, easier to sympathise with an old man.

Absolute top quality, implore people to watch it instead of reading spoilers (even in a post where I talk spoilers)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:35 pm

So its worth the £15 then?

Think I'll order it tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Another nod to Regal with the running knee then?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Antlord wrote:Well this needed a spoiler tag. Thanks for that. Inconsiderate idiot
Surely the logical thing would be to stay away from a wrestling forum until you've seen the PPV? Thats what I did, just finished it.

I agree that both Marquee matches were top class. Top top class from the four guys involved.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:20 pm

Absolutely excellent PPV, certainly the best one since Money in the Bank 2011. I'd give it 9/10 for sure. Finally WWE pull the trigger on a swerve, everybody has thought they'd be one for the last year and it's been a long time coming, but when it happened it really caught me off guard, they strung me along perfectly, thought Orton would come out but the way Bryan's celebration kept going made me think he wasn't, then genuinely thought Orton wasn't going to cash in and then got caught about the HHH swerve.

The highlight for me though was the Lesnar/Punk match which I genuinely think is better than the Cena/Punk match from Money in the Bank, it's probably one of my favourite matches ever in WWE. I appreciate that technically it wasn't great but I've never seen a match which looks genuinely brutal like that without resorting to blood or lots of weapons. Lesnar is a total beast but CM Punk is the best wrestler in the world. I'm extremely glad WWE decided to pull the trigger on those two as the match was fantastic.

I thought the undercard was good, Christian/Del Rio was a good match and I really enjoyed Sandow vs. Rhodes, the two matches involving divas were obviously filler but they gave us a break from the more meaningful matches, otherwise you'd get burnt out. 

Finally WWE has delivered on a PPV.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:26 pm

Apparently Del Rio was so badly beaten up last night because he had been in a real life fight with Drew McIntyre. Can see Drew being future endeavoured, if he gave the World Heavyweight Champion a black eye with a big PPV coming up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:27 pm

Hoping that running knee becomes a consistent finisher for Bryan. Very good match and PPV as a whole, definitely left me happy

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:35 pm

Crimey wrote:Apparently Del Rio was so badly beaten up last night because he had been in a real life fight with Drew McIntyre. Can see Drew being future endeavoured, if he gave the World Heavyweight Champion a black eye with a big PPV coming up.
Such a waste. I thought Drew could have been massive when he first appeared on the scene. Not brilliant on the mic but thats never stopped some people and the whole backing of McMahon was a great way to be introduced

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:44 pm

I think McIntyre is just overrated because he was hyped quite highly when he came in, the gimmick didn't work because McMahon wasn't an on-screen character at the time so it seemed odd. He won't be a massive loss if he goes.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:45 pm

Looseheaded wrote:Hoping that running knee becomes a consistent finisher for Bryan. Very good match and PPV as a whole, definitely left me happy
Really? It's such a nothing move. I imagine he'll have to go that way now he's beaten Cena with it, but its so nondescript.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:14 pm

rock did about 27 finishers on cena at mania and lost. bryan runs into cena and wins

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCultOfPersonality Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:26 pm

Holy moly what an awesome PPV that was. Ending was fantastic, I was just waiting for HHH to hit the pedrigree but even so, I was still shocked. Like Crimey said, definately the best PPV since MITB 11 probably even better. The Lesnar/Punk match was really physical and the right winner won imo. Also even though I think his character is bland, Del Rio is one of the best in ring performers for WWE, always puts on a cracking match. Bray/Kane wasn't a great match but a spectacle nonetheless.

Terrific PPV.

TheCultOfPersonality

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Just read that Drew tried to split up a ruckus involving Del Rio.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/30828/Alberto-Del-Rios-Black-Eye-Reportedly-Caused-By-Fight/

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:07 pm

I thought it was obviously the best PPV of the year and 2 matches worthy of match of the year.

Good to see WWE finally do drama, after the end of matches at a PPV. It was superb.

Sandow vs Vs Rhodes i thought was a very good match, but men have a good future ahead of them, however i felt it could of done with another 5 or so minutes. None the less still a good match.

Del Rio vs Christian was a great match - Hope this isn't the end of the feud, really like Christian and want him to hold the title again.

Lesnar vs Punk was match of the night IMO. Brutal at times, the touch of having Paul Heyman at ringside helped, just a great match and has certainly made both men coming out looking strong. 

Finally the main event. As expected superb match. The knee to the face, marked me out as i just didn't expect it! Can't believe someone has beaten Cena clean! WWE did superb after the match, when Cena moved off, and the fireworks started to hit, i thought that was the end of the night. Which would of been fine, but when Orton's music hit, it was done to perfection, can't believe HHH and Orton turned heel. Great television. 2013 has been superb for WWE. Compare it to this time last year! 

Maybe we might hear this song tonight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnkRDp41hs

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:13 pm

"THANK YOU WWE"

My sentiments exactly. The heel turn for Orton & HHH have been worth the wait, that was awesome. As for the matches, Punk/Lesnar was unbelievable, when Punk hit that DDT from the F5 I went crazy, really thought he would win. As for Cena vs Bryan, well Bryan is just fantastic, dominated about 90% of the match, some of the things he can do in the ring are ridiculous. Shame his title reign lasted a matter of minutes but to have him in what is sure to be an epic storyline should still be interesting.

Also, to the person that said he hopes Vince plays the babyface, no way!!! Align him with HHH and Orton, just like the Mc Mahon Helmsey regime back in the day.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:19 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Maybe we might hear this song tonight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bnkRDp41hs
That'd give me a boner
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:48 pm

CenaNuff wrote:
Also, to the person that said he hopes Vince plays the babyface, no way!!! Align him with HHH and Orton, just like the Mc Mahon Helmsey regime back in the day.
Yeah but wear does that leave the Power Struggle angle. WWE can't just drop that IMO. Also they seem to be having this angle going onto Wrestle Mania. All will be explained tonight i guess, maybe Steph will be the face?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:49 pm

Linda and Shane return?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

If Shane returns I'm going wild. That would be the highlight of the year for me

HERE COMES THE MONEY!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:04 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
CenaNuff wrote:
Yeah but wear does that leave the Power Struggle angle. WWE can't just drop that IMO. Also they seem to be having this angle going onto Wrestle Mania. All will be explained tonight i guess, maybe Steph will be the face?
What Power Struggle?

I think I might have been first to mention a potential Power Struggle ages ago and its definitely been sold like that but McMahon said he didnt want Cena or Bryan as the Champ and HHH basically granted his wish

The question is who goes up against Orton long term? Bryan, Punk or Cena?

I'd say with utter confidence now that WWE have made two legit Main Even faces in Punk and Bryan who are now seen as equals t John Cena

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:09 pm

Im really glad Brock beat Punk too, I've wanted Punk to go over Brock at WrestleMania for a long time now, Brock as WHC and Punk as Rumble Winner, Bryan taking on Orton and the office and finally getting the better of Orton, frees up Cena for Taker

Cant wait for RAW tonight, SummerSlam just gave Creative months of storylines

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Before everyone wets their panties let me just say that most likely it will be a heel faction of Orton/HHH going up against Cena, who will fight the odds and become wwe champion again. Bryan will play a bit part in this rivalry.

And wasn't everyone bored with Cena vs Orton 2 or 3 years ago.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm

The best part for me was a lot of the matches had me second guessing myself with who would win...Punk and Lesnar especially. Best PPV I've seen since coming back as a wrestling fan and it's got me excited to watch Raw tomorrow now.

Only question I have is...where does Punk go from here? WWE title should be a feud for Bryan and Heyman's other Heyman guy isn't worth looking at compared to Lesnar.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:35 pm

xviperx wrote:The best part for me was a lot of the matches had me second guessing myself with who would win...Punk and Lesnar especially. Best PPV I've seen since coming back as a wrestling fan and it's got me excited to watch Raw tomorrow now.

Only question I have is...where does Punk go from here? WWE title should be a feud for Bryan and Heyman's other Heyman guy isn't worth looking at compared to Lesnar.
Where were you when my thread got ripped apart on Friday :P

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 pm

I can see an initial teaming of Vince/Triple H with Orton as Triple H has given him the type of champ he wanted, however getting closer and closer to WM I think Triple H will push things making Vince uncomfortable and leading to a Vince face turn and the Triple H Vs Vince fued to be at WM30. Whether or not Triple H will wrestle as part of the fued or will be behind Orton for it and Vince choosing an opponent (maybe Punk?)

Punk wins the rumble, Orton still champ? Either that or I agree as above Punk would face Lesnar at WM in a rematch.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:50 pm

SMH at HHH first punk now danielson.

I wonder if he'll come out tonight and say Kevin Nash sent him a text message.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Amazing PPV, just finished watching it there (and managed to avoid spoilers through the revolutionary concept of not coming here or facebook)

Two brilliant headline matches and a good undercard

Bad Points

Miz and Fandango, wtf was that all about!

Neither the Shield or Axel made it to PPV, that's your midcard titles right there

Ring of Fire, well the actual in ring action was garbage, I was going to give it props for its lasting imagery when I watched it but 5 hours later (I've been out) and I had forgotten about it until I checked the card to see if I'd missed anything, not a debut match to remember for Wyatt

Cheese Bella vs Natalya, it wasn't the worst womens match ever but by god they could have done something else with that time

Average/Good

Following on from that last point Sandow v Cody could have done with another 5 minutes but was a pretty good match, was very impressed by Sandow in particular as he did a great job of leading the match

The Mixed Tag was alright for what it was in the dread main event sandwich spot, would have preferred Ziggler was Big E one on one but whatever

Commentary was a mixed bag, no horrendous clangers but nothing brilliant either

Good Points

Christian vs Del Rio could have been MOTN on a lesser PPV, great action and had me hooked to the last, that said I'm a big Christian mark, so others may disagree with me

Bryan vs Cena was a great match, the running knee is hardly a 5* finisher but hell I'd take it all day in place of that ridiculous headbutt, funny how even though Cena had the STF correctly applied to him, he still learned nothing about how to do it later in the match, crowd were great in this match, I saw the swerve coming about 3-5 minutes before it happened, but it was still a moment when it did, was lying down with my laptop on my chest and when Bryan on I celebrated so hard it slid into my face and bust my lip

Punk vs Brock, what can you say MOTN, both guys were phenomenal and Heyman was great as well, I won't go on but if I had one criticism it would be when Punk put Heyman in the vice at the finish, the precision submission remove seemed silly in contrast to the loss of focus/rage the Punk had towards Heyman and it was obviously to set up the Lesnar chair spot, personally I would have preferred it if Punk had just mounted and started whailing on Heyman, it would have achived the same position for the next spot, but got across Punks rage at Heyman that caused him to take his eyes off Lesnar, still I'm nitpicking, great match

Finally the crowd, brilliant all night

Overall 9/10 PPV, stands alongside MITB as two of the great PPVs of the modern era, excited for Raw tonight

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:03 pm

I dont mind them having no power struggle and HHH taking over as the heel power after initially aligning himself with Vince, but I think in the long run, if they were to go with a story of Vince taking a step back, then you have to have Vince face. When he does call it a day there is no way he isnt being given a face reaction, and in a story sense it is far easier to play HHH off as a man trying to take the power he feels he deserves while the long term owner of the company has to battle against him. The age thing is a huge sympathy card and Vince is a far more popular figure that HHH, both as a face and in general.

I thought HHH's demeanour during the cash in was brilliant, and after as Orton celebrated. He just plays a heel so naturally.

I would also have thought its easy to build Vince as a face in this respect now. He can say he wouldnt get involved in the match, he let things play out, HHH has taken things too far etc etc. I dont think that will happen, but it conceivably could (which is what im loving about WWE right now, there are various conceivable outcomes in all their angles which makes the product hot).

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm

Was the undertaker at the PPV?

If he wasnt, it must have been rubbish as he is the only one I am interested in.

Summerslam 0/10

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:06 pm

I also had had enough to drink that I marked out a little when I first heard Natalya's music. There was very little that even annoyed me about the PPV. Id have preferred Ziggler and Big E to be a one on one, and I think the ending was rubbish, but it filled a quick spot and should push things along there. 

Even The Miz and Fandango didnt bother me, mid/lower card feud set up is better than the usual nonsense they have in between bits on PPVs. Although the dance with Maria Menopause and The Miz was really c***ing annoying.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:45 pm

Nice little fact for everyone. Last night was the first time Cena has ever dropped a WWETitle 100% clean

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:35 pm

BD21 wrote:Nice little fact for everyone. Last night was the first time Cena has ever dropped a WWETitle 100% clean
You can even expand on that to look at the number of clean losses Cena's actually had since he made it big, as far as I can remember Bryan as joined an exclusive club that contains The Rock (WM28), Orton (Hell in a Cell) and HBK (Raw 07), there are probably a few more but those are the only one's that spring to mind for me, and it is doubtless a very elite list

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:57 pm

Punk went over him clean at Summerslam '11 didnt he?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:01 pm

Samo wrote:Punk went over him clean at Summerslam '11 didnt he?
He had his foot under the ropes when HHH counted the 3, I think it was noted but no one made a huge deal given the ADR and Nash stuff that followed

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:
He had his foot under the ropes when HHH counted the 3, I think it was noted but no one made a huge deal given the ADR and Nash stuff that followed
Oh yeah, I remember now. It really is a short list of people who went over clean. Unless you count MitB cash ins. The circumstances of the matchs arent clean but the match from bell to bell ususally is.

Of note, how close is Orton vs Bryan to the record of shortest WWE title match?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:19 pm

I think perhaps the best way to go with this, if WWE want to make sure Bryan isn't overshadowed by say Cena, have Punk and Cena feud, Punk doesn't have anybody to feud with now unless he continues the Heyman feud with Axel which would be a major downgrade so a feud with Cena would be a great secondary main event feud while Bryan fights back against Triple H and Orton.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:24 pm

i really dont like cole as a commentator. everytime someone turns on someone else, he screams "what are you doing?"

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Punk still needs to get his hands on Heyman though.  As much as a step down it would be its the logical thing to go after Axel.  Hell, might even bring a bit of prestige back to the IC title, especially if Axel ends up going over.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:29 pm

I think the Heyman-Axel partnership has messed the storyline up a little and made it too complicated. If Heyman wasn't with Axel now, he could take some time off as well as Lesnar, make it seem like the job is done, they beat Punk. 

Then Punk could have moved on and get back to winning titles or whatever, only for Lesnar to return in 'Mania season because Punk has got back up again. 

Now they're in a corner where Punk still has things with Heyman, who isn't going to be off TV because he has Axel, but Axel simply isn't good enough for Punk. Also surely the feud with Heyman shouldn't have closure until Punk has beaten Lesnar, they can't drag Punk/Axel on for that long.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next